Trump insults a war hero

From Drdoomandgloom cut and paste

"2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

“He’s a war hero because he was captured.”

“He’s a war hero, because he was captured.”

“I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now, he’s said some very bad things about a lot of people.”

he was being sarcastic... like yeah, he's a war hero... he's a war hero because he was captured.

"2. When a panelist characterized McCain as a “war hero,” the Post is accurate in reporting that Trump initially said McCain is “not a war hero.” But then, Trump immediately modified his statement saying– four times– that McCain is a war hero:

“He is a war hero.”

“I believe, perhaps, he’s a war hero. But right now, he’s said some very bad things about a lot of people.”

he was being sarcastic... like yeah, he's a war hero... he's a war hero because he was captured.

Well after McCain threw him and supporters under the bus and considering McCain's track record on voting against jobs bills for vets,

You don't reckon Trump might of had a reason to be sarcastic with him??

Is being sarcastic a crime, HNIC never been sarcastic??

“He is a war hero.”

Well after McCain threw him and supporters under the bus and considering McCain's track record on voting against jobs bills for vets,

you aren't very bright. :rolleyes:

“He is a war hero.”

Brighter than you it would appear ..........

This is a non-story. Trump will not be the GoP candidate. It'll be Rubio or Bush lite...

trump is sucking all the air out of the room for now. at this point, it's hard to tell who will emerge from the debates, if anyone. and if trump doesn't get the nod does he then take his crazies and run as a third party.
There's a chance Trump will end up running as an Independent and spilt the GOP vote, virtually handing the keys to the White House to Hillary.

“He is a war hero.”

Brighter than you it would appear ..........
Wishes a burnt out light bulb.

What'd McCain do to make himself a war hero?
He survived. We have usually considered our war captives war heroes because many were subjected to torture, and an early death. How many Americans died in in the Bataan death march or in the Japanese work camps? How many were beheaded?

“He is a war hero.”

Doesn't look that way to me.

Looks like he was IMMEDIATELY walking back his knee jerk denial, as was right to do so, strongly and repeatedly.

But he is still pissed at McCain, because McCain is insulting Trumps followers.

“He is a war hero.”

Looks like he was IMMEDIATELY walking back his knee jerk denial, as was right to do so, strongly and repeatedly.

Oh? What's so heroic about being captured?

“He is a war hero.”

Stupid , shallow, tourists, who have never done anything for their country, ask questions like that.

“He is a war hero.”

IMO, McCain rates hero status for refusing to be released ahead of others who's turn it was to be released.

Why do you ask?

“He is a war hero.”

IMO, McCain rates hero status for refusing to be released ahead of others who's turn it was to be released.

Why do you ask?
I asked because the reason you gave, which I agree with, is not the reason Trump gave; as he fumbled to back pedal from his initial idiocy -- with bullshit.

And since he loathes troops who get captured, there's no way he considers McCain a war hero for getting captured. He was merely trying not to sound too retarded for staking a claim that most disagree with because even he recognized how stupid he sounded for claiming McCain is not a war hero.

“He is a war hero.”

Why do you ask?
I asked because the reason you gave, which I agree with, is not the reason Trump gave; as he fumbled to back pedal from his initial idiocy -- with bullshit.

And since he loathes troops who get captured, there's no way he considers McCain a war hero for getting captured. He was merely trying not to sound too retarded for staking a claim that most disagree with because even he recognized how stupid he sounded for claiming McCain is not a war hero.

if his initial response was so "idiotic", then why do you feel the need to create a strawman that trump "loathes troops who get captured"?

Why do you ask?

if his initial response was so "idiotic", then why do you feel the need to create a strawman that trump "loathes troops who get captured"?
Of course it was idiotic. Why do you think he immediately back tracked upon being called on it?

Why do you ask?

Of course it was idiotic. Why do you think he immediately back tracked upon being called on it?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

He immediately realized it and corrected himself 4 times.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?

Why do you ask?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

He immediately realized it and corrected himself 4 times.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.

Forum List

Back