Trump Is Sued in Death of Capitol Police Officer After Jan. 6

Biden, Harris and Dems in congress should be charged and locked up.

I was thinking more like just arrested, their property impounded, then left to rot in a DC prison in solitary for a few years before they even get a pre-trial hearing date. :smoke:

It's amazing what these leftists try to blame Trump for. Half of the things Dementia is Fn up in this country they're still blaming Trump for, two years out of office. It's like when they constantly bring up Reagan and blame him for events taking place today. The guys been out of office 35 years now.

"The best part about being a Democrat is never having to say it was your fault."
Ray from Cleveland

Tell me again how Sedition Day wasn't Trump's fault.....

Trump offered the Guard several days earlier. The police Chief refused the offer stating it would be bad optics. The request for the Guard was made immediately after the break in, but it's the Pentagon that held them up for hours.

He does not have to ask. As the president he can mobilize the guard on his authority only.

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law that empowers the President of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection, or rebellion.

No, it's a matter of opinion. If he felt the election was stolen then there were no lies or conspiracy theories. Again, free speech. How people react to what he believed is not his repsonsibility nor is he liable for how they reacted. That's on them.

It was not a matter of opinion. His claims of election fraud were debunked. His own Department of Justice informed him they did not find evidence of widespread fraud that would have changed the results of the election. He failed in every court case over election fraud. He was utterly irresponsible for gathering a crowd like that and continue lying to them about election fraud.

He said it in his speech. Go to the Capitol and urge (not be violent) your representatives not to certify the election. I dare you to find anything in his speech where he told them to break any laws or hurt other people.

Members of Congress were inside the Capitol building. Trump's thugs were outside the Capitol building. How was Congress supposed to hear Trump's thugs had they not stormed the Capitol??

He does not have to ask. As the president he can mobilize the guard on his authority only.

The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law that empowers the President of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection, or rebellion.

Yes he can if he declares that act, but that's generally used in an emergency situation which it was not at the time. They all only had information from the FBI that it was possible. Besides that, it's disrespectful to local authorities and leadership of said territory if they don't want the Guard there which was the case.

Put the blame where it belongs, with Piglosi and the police Chief that refused his offer.

-------------------------------------

OK, posters 'lantern' & 'Godboy'....let's, for sake of debate, agree that Trump will likely be dropped from the suit under some sort of immunity shield.

But then, we are left with a couple of other defendants....Tanios & Khater.
Do you think they have immunity here?
Would you wanna be in their shoes?

ps....personally, I think it is a sound move for the plaintiff's lawyer to rope Trump's name into this civil suit. It'll get attention. It amplifies it's resonance to the court. It can't hurt the plaintiff...even if Trump is dropped quickly. Tanios & Khater remain. And so does the equity in their homes. The garnishment of their wages. And any future leins on property that is eligible for such. The plaintiff's lawyer is playing a sound hand. IMHO
Since this moron is suing Trump, your sad deflection attempt to these other two is meaningless. The suit will be dismissed to a chorus of laughter.

Trumpyberra can't hide behind the 1st.

"The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president," he said, "and having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

Yer favorite Majority leader....

Trumpybear was a President who fomented an attack on another branch of Government as a form of intimidation to stop the Constitutional process of counting of the EC votes.

Funny coming from a New Republican, who supported halting the once proud tradition of non-violent transfers of power by ignoring the Constitution and seeking to install the certified loser of the 2020 elections.
You poor deluded lemming. You actually think this suit is going to proceed. The medical examiner’s report immediately checkmates you dummy. Laughed out of court is what will happen here.

"The suit will be dismissed to a chorus of laughter."

Oh, I dunno.
Perhaps, for Trump. He may be dropped. But not with a chorus of laughter.

On the other hand, the other two.....the BearSpray Sprayers....I think there is a case
An argument to be made that their spray ---right to the face---may have been a contributory factor to Sicknick's later collapse.
Hell, most any plaintiff's attorney could make that argument. I would think.

For one thing, there is the clear and graphic video of the one guy handing the other guy a can of spray, and that recipient then giving a full dose --right to the face --to Sicknick.
And.....Sicknick's clear distressed physical reaction.

Not contributory?
Well, maybe a jury will view it differently.
I think there is an argument there.
Not to mention the criminal convictions against both for the very same incident.
Hard to hide or explain away their obvious assault on a uniformed police officer.

The woman should pursue it.
She'd be dishonoring Sicknick if she didn't.

I wouldn't wanna be either on of those blokes.
And I think the plaintiff's attorney has a good chance of getting a verdict of liability against one or both of these MAGAMob criminals.

Oh, I dunno.
Perhaps, for Trump. He may be dropped. But not with a chorus of laughter.

On the other hand, the other two.....the BearSpray Sprayers....I think there is a case
An argument to be made that their spray ---right to the face---may have been a contributory factor to Sicknick's later collapse.
Hell, most any plaintiff's attorney could make that argument. I would think.

For one thing, there is the clear and graphic video of the one guy handing the other guy a can of spray, and that recipient then giving a full dose --right to the face --to Sicknick.
And.....Sicknick's clear distressed physical reaction.

Not contributory?
Well, maybe a jury will view it differently.
I think there is an argument there.
Not to mention the criminal convictions against both for the very same incident.
Hard to hide or explain away their obvious assault on a uniformed police officer.

The woman should pursue it.
She'd be dishonoring Sicknick if she didn't.

I wouldn't wanna be either on of those blokes.
And I think the plaintiff's attorney has a good chance of getting a verdict of liability against one or both of these MAGAMob criminals.
Lol, the fantasy spewed by the howler monkey loons...

"It has nothing to do with it. The other two likely don't have anything near that kind of money, only Donald does."
--------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I don't doubt these two blokes ain't rich. They are MAGA ne'er-do-wells, like so many of their peers, but......

......but they may have assets. Equity in a home. A rental property. A pension. A job with a paycheck. A truck.

Two guys. So all that times 2.

We'll see what a jury says ...if it goes to a jury.
It is a clear battery that clearly harmed the uniformed officer....and all of it caught on video. And all of that video vetted by examination in a criminal trial.

I wouldn't wanna be them.

IMHO

Oh, I don't doubt these two blokes ain't rich. They are MAGA ne'er-do-wells, like so many of their peers, but......

......but they may have assets. Equity in a home. A rental property. A pension. A job with a paycheck. A truck.

It is a clear battery that clearly harmed the uniformed officer....and all of it caught on video. And all of that video vetted by examination in a criminal trial.

IMHO
Dang, howler monkey is upset...

IMHO

This isn't about a criminal trial, it's a civil suit. It's one thing to sue the people that you believe are actually responsible, but quite another trying to sue somebody that wasn't. She has zero on Trump, but as for the other two guys, she's going to have a hell of a time trying to prove they had anything to do with a stroke. Strokes are not caused by excitement or physical assault like a heart attack may be.

as for the other two guys, she's going to have a hell of a time trying to prove they had anything to do with a stroke.

Umm, I dunno.
Sounds like a question for the jury after listening to experts for the Plaintiff, and the experts for the Defendants.

Should we trust the jury to deliver a measure of justice....or, if not justice, compensation to the woman?

Yeah, let's see how the next step goes. Will all three....the disgraced ex-President and the two convicted criminals....be accepted by the court as legitimate defendants?
Will Trump be dropped?
Will the court rule 'no cause' or whatever they do in civil tort trials for all three?

This cake is still baking. IMHO

Umm, I dunno.
Sounds like a question for the jury after listening to experts for the Plaintiff, and the experts for the Defendants.

Should we trust the jury to deliver a measure of justice....or, if not justice, compensation to the woman?

Yeah, let's see how the next step goes. Will all three....the disgraced ex-President and the two convicted criminals....be accepted by the court as legitimate defendants?
Will Trump be dropped?
Will the court rule 'no cause' or whatever they do in civil tort trials for all three?

This cake is still baking. IMHO
Only faggots start a post by writing umm...

Forum List

Back