Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine !

You guys do realize this drug has been around for decades it’s not a new untested drug. If he is taking the drug with his doctors approval fine his choice it’s not hurting you or forcing anyone else to take it. As far as the experts go they can’t even agree on how much wearing a mask helps even DR Fauci contradicted himself on that a few times.

if it is to be taken - it is recommended the patient be in a hospital under strict supervision. i can't see donny's MD giving it to him. i think he's bullshitting.

You guys do realize this drug has been around for decades it’s not a new untested drug. If he is taking the drug with his doctors approval fine his choice it’s not hurting you or forcing anyone else to take it. As far as the experts go they can’t even agree on how much wearing a mask helps even DR Fauci contradicted himself on that a few times.
If they didnt have fear they'd have nothing at all

if it is to be taken - it is recommended the patient be in a hospital under strict supervision. i can't see donny's MD giving it to him. i think he's bullshitting.
Recommended and required are two different things as long as this being done under the supervision of his doctor it shouldn’t be an issue for anyone.

Have any of you ever noticed that every drug has side effects listed? Things such as cancer or even death? For something to treat skin. Some people can not tolerate penicillin. Why do you think they ask about allergies when you see a doctor?
Some of the studies with it and COVID 19 have given patients double the dosage and could not understand why there were problems. Well duh, there is a recommended dosage for a reason.

I don't know why he would make this up but I don't believe him.
And I'm probably voting for him in November, but this makes no sense if he hasn't tested positive for COVID-19.

He might well be. some 1st responders in Detroit have volunteered to take hydroxychloroquine for COVID prophylaxis and a study is going on there. Trump does meet with a lot of people, and it might make sense for him to do so. He is an active older guy, presumably at a higher risk for serious illness for COVID.

Hydroxychloroquine has been used as an anti-malarial prophylaxis for many years for healthy travelers going to Deepest Darkest Africa and other places where malaria is popular. I think its definitely safe enough.

People have been taking it for several decades with no ill effects. It has an outstanding safety profile. It should be made available OTC. It's safer than aspirin or Tylenol.

Sure it may cause qt interval prolongation in some people, but so do things like Sudafed, coffee or licorice. :rolleyes:

All the scaremongering about the drug is fucking ridiculous. Some of the scaremongering is just from TDS, and some of it is about rationing the drug.

Last edited:

It is reported by Trump and his doctor that the president is taking this hydroxychoroquine drug. It really does beg the question has he been infected. Still if he is infected why does he not say so. If he president becomes infected then how does this pan out to those who want to get to open up the country when even the president has become infected. Even with all the testing done by white house personnel. Yet testing has been thought to be a good way to limit the spread.

scenario one - he is faking it

scenario two - he has the virus and he survive. Thus making the ultimate sacrifice to prove that this drug works.

scenario three - it goes really bad.

So why doesn't he say why he is taking the drug? Just announced that he is taking it.

Doctor Sean Conley said that he and the president decided that “the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks

Is it the risk of loosing the election?

Hey, if his doctors don't have any problem with him experimenting with off label applications for a condition he does not have and using as a preventative for Covid-19 hasn't even been approved, who am I to object? Heck it isn't even effective on all forms of Malaria.
Hydroxychloroquine is a quinoline medicine used to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites that enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Malaria is common in areas such as Africa, South America, and Southern Asia. This medicine is not effective against all strains of malaria.
Hydroxychloroquine is not effective against all strains of malaria, or against malaria in areas where the infection has been resistant to a similar drug called chloroquine.
Hydroxychloroquine has not been approved to treat coronavirus or COVID-19. However, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized emergency use of hydroxychloroquine in adults and adolescents weighing at least 110 pounds (50 kilograms) who are hospitalized with COVID-19.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used to try and stop coronavirus from spreading inside your body. It is not yet known if hydroxychloroquine is a safe and effective treatment for COVID-19, and this use is still experimental.

I don't have any problems with moods, depression, anxiety, panic attacks or migraines. I wonder if a doctor will just write me a prescriptions for Ludes, just because I have talked to friends who called me up back in the day to say they are great, safe and work well. I think Bill Cosby swore by them too. There's nothing like a celebrity endorsement.

i'm seriously doubting he is taking it. i don't think it was suggested for it to be a preventive medication & he's probably lying just to help enrich his buddies.

otherwise - perhaps one can hope he strokes out from it while shoving a big mac down his gullet ala elvis style.
What makes me laugh is this drug has been around for fifty years and saving lives. Then Trump mentions it, then all liberals become experts on it. Please none of y'all ever take it. Trump needs to come out and say putting a condom over your entire head will make you dumb. Wipe out all of liberals.

I just heard that too. Very curious indeed. He didn't look sick. Maybe he tested positive, and its a precaution.

Hey, if his doctors don't have any problem with him experimenting with off label applications for a condition he does not have and using as a preventative for Covid-19 hasn't even been approved, who am I to object? Heck it isn't even effective on all forms of Malaria.
Hydroxychloroquine is a quinoline medicine used to treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by parasites that enter the body through the bite of a mosquito. Malaria is common in areas such as Africa, South America, and Southern Asia. This medicine is not effective against all strains of malaria.
Hydroxychloroquine is not effective against all strains of malaria, or against malaria in areas where the infection has been resistant to a similar drug called chloroquine.
Hydroxychloroquine has not been approved to treat coronavirus or COVID-19. However, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized emergency use of hydroxychloroquine in adults and adolescents weighing at least 110 pounds (50 kilograms) who are hospitalized with COVID-19.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used to try and stop coronavirus from spreading inside your body. It is not yet known if hydroxychloroquine is a safe and effective treatment for COVID-19, and this use is still experimental.

I don't have any problems with moods, depression, anxiety, panic attacks or migraines. I wonder if a doctor will just write me a prescriptions for Ludes, just because I have talked to friends who called me up back in the day to say they are great, safe and work well. I think Bill Cosby swore by them too. There's nothing like a celebrity endorsement.
I generally don't trust doctors when it comes to drugs they prescribe.

You do realize it's a prescription drug that must be taken under a Doctor's care and supervision? ... :cool:

exactly & it's been proven that it can be quite dangerous, especially if you have heart disease. donny has clogged arteries; so that's why i doubt any doctor prescribed it for him.

How do you know that President Trump has clogged arteries?

Have you seen his echocardiograms? In actuality, one of the nation's leading experts in doctoring signed a letter advising to whom it may concern, that Trump is without a doubt "the Healthiest President Almighty God ever created" and his lab tests are almost unbelievably tremendous.

It is reported by Trump and his doctor that the president is taking this hydroxychoroquine drug. It really does beg the question has he been infected. Still if he is infected why does he not say so. If he president becomes infected then how does this pan out to those who want to get to open up the country when even the president has become infected. Even with all the testing done by white house personnel. Yet testing has been thought to be a good way to limit the spread.

scenario one - he is faking it

scenario two - he has the virus and he survive. Thus making the ultimate sacrifice to prove that this drug works.

scenario three - it goes really bad.

So why doesn't he say why he is taking the drug? Just announced that he is taking it.

Doctor Sean Conley said that he and the president decided that “the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks

Is it the risk of loosing the election?
Risk: Unless contraindicated, the risk of taking hydroxychloroquine along with zinc supplements for prophylaxis is practically nil. It has a very long and well understood safety profile at the dosages recommended by the most intelligent experts for prophylaxis.

Possible Benefits: Lower the chances of you contracting the virus, getting very sick, and possibly dying a horrific and very painful and protracted death drowning in your own bodily fluids with the resulting multi-organ failure, from the COVID-19 disease. Inhibition of the transmission of the SARS CoV-2 pathogen to others.

He’s taking something that was proven to cause heart issues. He’d better watch out. I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out that someone close to home has a huge stake in the company

I just heard that too. Very curious indeed. He didn't look sick. Maybe he tested positive, and its a precaution.

What I find interesting is why the Libs are so interested? After all, they are the ones who said that hydroxychloroquine is a deadly drug- you think they'd be happy?

Of course, the problem they have is that Trump is taking it and has NOT died either of coronavirus or the medicine, disproving their alarmism.

Forum List

Back