Trump just said the unemployment rate is 42% in the USA.

Trump still likes to fire people....42% is his wet dream

David Stockman says REAL Unemployment rate is 42.9. I'm not making this up!
From July of this year:
David Stockman Says Unemployment Is Really 42.9 Percent
Stockman cites the number of 210 million adult Americans, who if they worked 2,000 hours per year, or about 40 hours per week, would deliver 420 million labor hours per year. When compared to the 240 million labor hours per year reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the total workforce of the country is delivering 57.1 percent of those 420 million labor hours, and otherwise stated, 42.9 percent of those hours are not being delivered. Therefore, the calculation of unemployment by this measure is 42.9 percent.

Liberals NEVER do any research.
Liberals ALWAYS lie.
Liberals WORSHIP a Politician if He/She/It has a "D" next to it's name.

Government IS the Liberal Religion.

David Stockman says REAL Unemployment rate is 42.9. I'm not making this up!
From July of this year:
David Stockman Says Unemployment Is Really 42.9 Percent
Stockman cites the number of 210 million adult Americans, who if they worked 2,000 hours per year, or about 40 hours per week, would deliver 420 million labor hours per year. When compared to the 240 million labor hours per year reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the total workforce of the country is delivering 57.1 percent of those 420 million labor hours, and otherwise stated, 42.9 percent of those hours are not being delivered. Therefore, the calculation of unemployment by this measure is 42.9 percent.
I debunked Stockman's claim a while ago.

He's full of shit.

close to 42% might not be working if you consider retired, children, welfare and illegals, However the rate among those that could, should and want to work is most likely closer to a 10% right now.
Still not the 5% that the current idiots want to pretend is the case.

May not be 42%, but it certainly isn't 5% either. This White House has consistently lied about Unemployment numbers. Unemployment and poverty in general, are at very high levels. Poverty has been at record levels all throughout Obama's watch.

May not be 42%, but it certainly isn't 5% either. This White House has consistently lied about Unemployment numbers. Unemployment and poverty in general, are at very high levels. Poverty has been at record levels all throughout Obama's watch.

90 some million out of the work force and left loons think the economy is booming. You can't make THAT up

You can't make this stuff up.

:lol:
No he didn't. See you can't lie to me because I watched the entire thing. He said he has HEARD the ACTUAL unemployment rate is as high as 42%. He said he thinks the ACTUAL unemployment rate is 20%. Man I hate liars.

First you admit he said it.

Then you call me liar?

Gosh, you can't make the stuff up.

90 some million out of the work force and left loons think the economy is booming. You can't make THAT up

Yeah, but it's an Obamabot world right now. They truly believe everything's fine. But the reality is, poverty is at record levels. The truth about the awful damage done by Obama, won't be exposed until he's out of office and a Republican gets in there. It's a real mess.

No he didn't. See you can't lie to me because I watched the entire thing. He said he has HEARD the ACTUAL unemployment rate is as high as 42%. He said he thinks the ACTUAL unemployment rate is 20%. Man I hate liars.

Then you call me liar?

Because he didn't say it. :) He said he had HEARD it was as high as 42%. HE thinks its as high as 20% that's 22% difference. christ....

Obviously, the number you come up with depends entirely on how you calculate it, and what factors you consider relevant.

The Government (BLS) has a methodology that excludes people who have never worked a full time job, people who have given up looking for work, people who are working part time although they want to work full time, and people who are mired in crappy jobs when they are qualified for something better. Also, there are millions of Boomers now who have signed up for SS years before they intended to, simply because they lost their jobs and see no hope of finding another. Not "unemployed" according to BLS, although they would still be working if they could.

Furthermore, in a "robust" economy there are millions who will take advantage of job availability, even though that is not something they would otherwise do. When I lived in Warren, Ohio, a Packard Electric plant opened up and hundreds of women who never intended to work found that the chance to make good money was too attractive to pass up.

If you would add up the unemployed the government counts with the unhappy part timers, the "under-employed," and those who don't work because they simply don't see any opportunity to work gainfully, 42% doesn't seem totally out of line.

Whether that alarming number is anyone's fault is another question. But deflecting blame from our President-who-has-never-had-a-Real-Job-in-his-life, is a mandate for the Left, isn't it? Better to claim the number is bullshit and leave it at that.

Then you call me liar?

Because he didn't say it. :) He said he had HEARD it was as high as 42%. HE thinks its as high as 20% that's 22% difference. christ....

It really doesn't make a difference how he phrased it. He said it. And what he "thinks" it's at is completely ridiculous as well.

Forum List

Back