Trump Just Walked Back His Statement About Bush and Iraq

Heavily reported that the President of the United States has supplied, trained and protected ISIS? Where?

Alex Jones doesn't count. If it were proven to be the case he would be ousted by Congress and rightly so.......But it's not, it's just stupid.

Where you been, 'Rip Van Winkle'?

Supplying ISIS...
Running weapons to the 'rebels' (ISIS) from Benghazi....
Spending millions to train rebels only to have them take their supplies, weapons, and training and join ISIS...
Protecting ISIS' black market oil program...
Dropping leaflets to ISIS to let them know French and Russia bombing attacks were coming...

none of this rings a bell to you, huh?!

:p

All is an exaggeration.

BUt there were a lot of them, and it is still a valid question how Bush supposedly got them to go along with the "lie".
He had his political appointees in the intel community spin the facts, reports and give Curveball more credit than he deserved.

And the Europeans don't have intelligence services of their own? And just believe whatever conclusion the POTUS reaches as gospel?

I don't think so.

Heavily reported that the President of the United States has supplied, trained and protected ISIS? Where?

Alex Jones doesn't count. If it were proven to be the case he would be ousted by Congress and rightly so.......But it's not, it's just stupid.

Supplying ISIS...
Spending millions to train rebels only to have them take their supplies, weapons, and training and join ISIS...
Dropping leaflets to ISIS to let them know French and Russia bombing attacks were coming...

People in and out of government have alleged that a CIA response team was ordered to "stand down" after the State Department compound came under attack, that a military rescue was nixed, that officials intentionally downplayed the role of al-Qaida figures in the attack, and that Stevens and the CIA were involved in a secret operation to spirit weapons out of Libya and into the hands of Syrian rebels. None of that is true, according to the House Intelligence Committee report.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecc3...se-intel-panel-debunks-many-benghazi-theories

As for the leaflet drop

The leaflets telling Syrian truck drivers to run for their lives were emblematic of the stark differences between the U.S. and Russian air campaigns that will make greater cooperation pushed by the White House again Thursday difficult to achieve.

About 45 minutes before A-10 Thunderbolt II and AC-130 Spectre gunships attacked, fighters made low passes over 116 oil truck tankers in eastern Syria last Sunday to drop leaflets.

"Get out of your trucks now and run away from them," the leaflets told the drivers. "Warning. Airstrikes are coming, oil trucks will be destroyed. Get away from your oil trucks immediately. Do not risk your life."

US Choice to Drop Leaflets in Syria Contrasts with Russian Way of War | Military.com

Yeah because all of those ISIS truck drivers were good, descent people, not terrorists like those they worked for.
:rolleyes:

Reminds me of how our government would file flight plans for our bombers with North Viet Nam Air Traffic Control, and amazingly when the bombers got to the target areas the targets were gone...so we would drop on open fields and vacant areas.

You seem to call warning the enemy that an attack is 'humane' while I call warning our enemy of pending attacks, giving the enemy a warning and time to mount defenses, 'aiding and abetting the enemy'.

Supplying ISIS...

People in and out of government have alleged that a CIA response team was ordered to "stand down" after the State Department compound came under attack, that a military rescue was nixed, that officials intentionally downplayed the role of al-Qaida figures in the attack, and that Stevens and the CIA were involved in a secret operation to spirit weapons out of Libya and into the hands of Syrian rebels. None of that is true, according to the House Intelligence Committee report.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ecc3...se-intel-panel-debunks-many-benghazi-theories

As for the leaflet drop

The leaflets telling Syrian truck drivers to run for their lives were emblematic of the stark differences between the U.S. and Russian air campaigns that will make greater cooperation pushed by the White House again Thursday difficult to achieve.

About 45 minutes before A-10 Thunderbolt II and AC-130 Spectre gunships attacked, fighters made low passes over 116 oil truck tankers in eastern Syria last Sunday to drop leaflets.

"Get out of your trucks now and run away from them," the leaflets told the drivers. "Warning. Airstrikes are coming, oil trucks will be destroyed. Get away from your oil trucks immediately. Do not risk your life."

US Choice to Drop Leaflets in Syria Contrasts with Russian Way of War | Military.com

The difference between a Democracy that appreciates life and a cut throat regimerun by a murdering former KGB Agent.

Yeah because all of those ISIS truck drivers were good, descent people, not terrorists like those they worked for.
:rolleyes:

Reminds me of how our government would file flight plans for our bombers with North Viet Nam Air Traffic Control, and amazingly when the bombers got to the target areas the targets were gone...so we would drop on open fields and vacant areas.

You seem to call warning the enemy that an attack is 'humane' while I call warning our enemy of pending attacks, giving the enemy a warning and time to mount defenses, 'aiding and abetting the enemy'.

It was the same US bombers that bombed the oil tankers-trucks 45 minutes later.

I'm not commenting on the program of warning innocent truck drivers but debunking the stupid conspiracy theories.

It's on the record. What more can he say? Did he say Bush told the truth? Then he isn't walking anything back.

Actually he said Bush made a bad mistake.
Bush did make a big mistake and lied to America about the intel.

But people in the Republican PArty dont want their noses rubbed in it 24/7.

I can understand that perhaps you want Trump to commit political suicide by hammering an irrelevant issue.

Jeb! aint gonna win, so why bother with his families legacy?

Funny, I keep hearing that claim, yet no one has explained how Bush got all the other leaders of the free world to go along with this, so called lie, and get them to lie to their countries also. Do you have any proof of this conspiracy?
all the leaders?

what a moron.

the germans were not convinced. and they were not alone.

Really, how did they vote in the UN?

It's easy. The anti-Bush rhetoric that the left was so freaked out about was directed at Jeb and now that he is out of the race it's all water under the bridge

No to your stupid conspiracy theory about President Obama supplying, training and protecting ISIS because that's just stupid.
Boo, all of that has already been proven and heavily reported. What's stupid is your weak attempt at denial.

There is nothing the dear leader could do to get the regressives to vote for impeachment. Nothing.

See?

Deflect, deflect, deflect away from Trump.

They do NOT want their delusions questioned.

Deflect to Hillary! Deflect to Obama!

You saps are so transparent.

It's easy. The anti-Bush rhetoric that the left was so freaked out about was directed at Jeb and now that he is out of the race it's all water under the bridge

And who was directing the "anti-Bush rhetoric?" It was your, soon to be, GOP nominee. HHHMMMMM

So you are saying Hillary's full endorsement for and her vote to authorize the Iraq war is not relevant in any way to the discussion of Trump's similar 'flip-flopping'? This thread just points out that Trump and Hillary have a great deal in common.

So you are saying Hillary's full endorsement for and her vote to authorize the Iraq war is not relevant in any way to the discussion of Trump's similar 'flip-flopping'? This thread just points out that Trump and Hillary have a great deal in common.

THEY DO! They are both Progressives.

No to your stupid conspiracy theory about President Obama supplying, training and protecting ISIS because that's just stupid.
Boo, all of that has already been proven and heavily reported. What's stupid is your weak attempt at denial.

There is nothing the dear leader could do to get the regressives to vote for impeachment. Nothing.

I don't think Alex Jones counts for most Congress critters either.....

:spinner::spinner:

I don't do Alex Jones, I'm not a fan. That was a personal observation, you only need look at what happened during the Clinton trial to know that partisanship in congress has taken impeachment of anyone off the table. They had clear proof that Clinton committed perjury and the dems shrugged their constitutional obligation to convict. Things have continued to decline since.

I don't do Alex Jones, I'm not a fan. That was a personal observation, you only need look at what happened during the Clinton trial to know that partisanship in congress has taken impeachment of anyone off the table. They had clear proof that Clinton committed perjury and the dems shrugged their constitutional obligation to convict. Things have continued to decline since.

There is nothing that even comes close for impeaching President Obama, at least Bill lied about a blowjob........And the Republican had 55-45 control in the Senate.

It's on the record. What more can he say? Did he say Bush told the truth? Then he isn't walking anything back.

Actually he said Bush made a bad mistake.
Bush did make a big mistake and lied to America about the intel.

But people in the Republican PArty dont want their noses rubbed in it 24/7.

I can understand that perhaps you want Trump to commit political suicide by hammering an irrelevant issue.

Jeb! aint gonna win, so why bother with his families legacy?

Funny, I keep hearing that claim, yet no one has explained how Bush got all the other leaders of the free world to go along with this, so called lie, and get them to lie to their countries also. Do you have any proof of this conspiracy?
all the leaders?

what a moron.

the germans were not convinced. and they were not alone.

Really, how did they vote in the UN?
on which resolution? And why should that be relevant for the final decision to join the coalition of the willing, lol. Joschka fischer plainly told rumsfeld that the intel was not convincing. That led to rumsfeld lashing out against old europe. I know you ***** are desperately trying to shift and share the blame. It is not working outside of your bubble.
"Sorry, I am not convinced!" - Munich Security Conference

All is an exaggeration.

BUt there were a lot of them, and it is still a valid question how Bush supposedly got them to go along with the "lie".
He had his political appointees in the intel community spin the facts, reports and give Curveball more credit than he deserved.

And the Europeans don't have intelligence services of their own? And just believe whatever conclusion the POTUS reaches as gospel?

I don't think so.
The curveball intel was reported by the bnd and was reported to be unreliable.

I'm watching a town hall on CNN and Trump just refused to repeat his debate claim that Bush lied to get us into Iraq. He was given 3 opportunities to repeat his statement and wouldn't do it.

Your thoughts?
That's not a walk back.

That's a 'no comment'.

Quite a difference.

It's called mending fences.

Screenshot%2B2016-02-22%2Bat%2B9.47.33%2BAM.png

Forum List

Back