Trump: Low Taxes are "Ridiculous"

The fundamental problem is that those who control this conversation are convincing you people that this is an "us vs. them", zero-sum game. It is not! The budget of the federal government is WAY TOO HIGH. Those of us who pay income taxes pay more than we should have to in order to fund the bloated federal budget. If you want to get mad at someone, have someone to blame, then get mad at the federal government for consistently failing to cut spending and failing to cut the size of the government.

The federal budget is only bloated because of rightwing funding for unnecessary military spending.

Taxes are too low to meet the rightwing warmongering.

So yes, taxes do need to be raised and military spending needs to be drastically reduced.

This view is deranged. The big spending money pit is entitlements.

We the People paid for those "entitlements" by working for them so your deranged misinformation about them is your problem.

Remove the warmongering and raise taxes to pay off the wars that your elected representatives started at the behest of the special interests.

how the fuck can anyone justify giving 1/5th of your work week to the Fed in just taxes?

Taxes are the price you pay to live in a civilized society.
Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Move elsewhere if you want to live in an uncivilized society or remain here and pay your taxes.

Your choice.

This is exactly why a flat tax is needed.
No more loop holes no more deductions,everyone pays.
Exactly............Scrap the current code. Simplify...........and make the system fair for everyone..............

They want the loop holes gone and so do I, but they for some strand reason want the same fucked up system we have now. Which is stupid.

They want the "rich" to pay more but don't want to pay their own fair share

Why do you support the rich and think they should be treated better then anyone else?

Spending is to high....but the left won't touch that with a ten foot pole

Too high in bail-outs, wars and welfare. True...Too low in infrastructure, science, and education.

Of course, you people of the black and white world don't think your positions through very well.

Gawd I'm so sick of every post you make mentioning infrastructure, we get it OK?

Gawd I'm so sick of every post you make showing off how stupid you are. We get it, OK?

Exactly............Scrap the current code. Simplify...........and make the system fair for everyone..............

They want the loop holes gone and so do I, but they for some strand reason want the same fucked up system we have now. Which is stupid.

Why do you support the rich and think they should be treated better then anyone else?

I'm all for a flat tax...go back to your whining about infrastructure and be sure to pay your fair share, if you're not you're a hypocrite

Their income tax is based on capital gains - 20% plus a 3.8 surtax on income over $250k which is earmarked - supposedly - for Obamacare. So what? The argument is not that they ought to pay more in taxes. The argument is that the marginal rates are too high.

No, that's not the argument.

The argument is that carried interest shouldn't be taxed as capital gains.

Got it. But why punish them at all? Will it make you all warm and fuzzy to know that the federal government is forcibly extracting more money from the hedge fund managers?

YES

I want the Flat Tax even more when reading your dribble.................end the loop holes so the taxes are fair so people like you would just.
:anj_stfu:

I'm all for raising taxes to pay off the debt. We should start by raising taxes on the bottom-feeders that don't pay any taxes.

I'm all for a flat tax...go back to your whining about infrastructure and be sure to pay your fair share, if you're not you're a hypocrite

the rich use more resources so why should they not pay more?

They already fucking do..........Who let the village idiot loose again......................

It's about hedgers here...........and yeah they deserve to get hit with more for shoveling their paper........................

Go FLAT AND DON'T COME BACK.

I want the Flat Tax even more when reading your dribble.................end the loop holes so the taxes are fair so people like you would just.

You're the kind of person that would let someone die on the side walk as you spit on them. It is perfectly ok to you that we become a robber baron society like we once were. Didnt work very well and wasn't right.

I don't care if we pay more taxes or more government to make sure this shit doesn't happen again!

Give it up, you start paying your faie share, do it or shut up about it. The rich pay far more than you do already, focus on the bottom feeders, they are the ones using up the resources and we get nothing in return

You're the kind of person that would let someone die on the side walk as you spit on them. It is perfectly ok to you that we become a robber baron society like we once were. Didnt work very well and wasn't right.

what a bunch of nonsensical hyperbole

Most of the developing world from China to Africa builds their economies by constructing infrastructure, investing in science and education. To say that we should cut these and we will some how have economic growth goes against most of the world.

You know your calls for infrastructure science on a constant basis is just like the cries of racism....they get ignored when overused.

But wouldn't you agree that China, India and every country on earth benefits by doing so? I realize that people on this board want to cut everything and I am going to get severe opposition for my beliefs.

China and India? No thanks,I like having toilets that actually flush.

How is a flat tax with no loop holes supporting the rich?

Give it up, you start paying your faie share, do it or shut up about it. The rich pay far more than you do already, focus on the bottom feeders, they are the ones using up the resources and we get nothing in return

They're taking most of the wealth and they're not paying anywhere close to proportional.

They're taking most of the wealth and they're not paying anywhere close to proportional.

You need to educate yourself before you comment. Go live in India or China, you'll soon change your tune

Low taxes on hedge fund managers, that is.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump blasted hedge fund managers on Sunday as mere "paper pushers" who he said were "getting away with murder" by not paying their fair share of taxes.

In a telephone interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Trump vowed to reform the tax laws if elected and said the current system was harming middle class Americans who currently faced higher tax rates than traders on Wall Street.

"The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky," Trump said.

"They are energetic. They are very smart. But a lot of them - they are paper-pushers. They make a fortune. They pay no tax. It's ridiculous, ok?"

Trump's comments were referring to the so-called "carried interest loophole" - a provision in the tax code which allows private equity and hedge fund managers pay taxes at the capital gains rate instead of the ordinary income rate.

Many fund managers are in the top income bracket, but the capital gains tax bracket is only 20 percent.

While these individuals are also required to pay an additional 3.8 percent surtax on their net investment income, this total rate is still far lower than the 39.6 percent rate that top wage earners must pay on their ordinary income.​

Trump says tax code is letting hedge funds 'get away with murder'

I happen to agree with Trump on this. As does Hillary Clinton. And Bernie Sanders.

But when I've discussed this with conservatives here on the board in the past, they've disagreed with me, saying hedge fund managers shouldn't pay higher taxes.

The richest most successful hedge fund managers have disproportionally given money to democrats, ie Obama.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back