Trump May Not Last A Year His Supreme Court Pick Shouldn't Last Generations

You guys are dreaming if you think you are getting trump out of office within a year. It amazes me that after months you are still in denial. It shouldn't though. You guys still deny bush won Florida.

Regardless Gorsuch is a consensus candidate. He will easily get a consensus of the Senate. Thankfully democrats are a minority and wont be needed to reach that consensus

Regardless I predict him obtaining bipartisan support

“The Senate is not a rubber stamp, and the Constitution does not require the Senate to give a nominee a vote,” McConnell insisted last year. “Let’s keep working together to get our economy moving again and make our country safer, instead of endlessly debating an issue where we don’t agree.”

Let’s call that the “McConnell Rule” on judicial nominations and, out of courtesy, stick to it as long as McConnell controls the Senate.

The Senate should table Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court until both political parties are prepared to search for a consensus candidate the American people can wholeheartedly support, and until some semblance of stability is restored in Washington, D.C.

Otherwise, Americans face the very real prospect of having a president who may not survive his first year — let alone his first term — cast his shadow over the legitimacy of our nation’s highest court for decades to come.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-a-year-his-supreme-court-pick-shouldntLssast

The Senate should vote up or down on the SC nominee the President sent them.

Nope, you've shown that those aren't the new rules.

It isn't a rule, it is up to the Senate to approve an SC Justice.

I C&P'd this, but you can make that two lame duck Presidents since Obama will be added to the list.

"a Supreme Court vacancy in the last year of a presidency — is pretty rare to begin with. Since 1900, it’s only happened once to a "lame duck" president, and twice more to presidents who lost re-election bids. All three times, the exiting president made nominations:"

Sure now SC judges are only on the bench for as long as the president that appoints them is in office.

That should make them more unbiased and less political.

lol.

Trump worked with Russia, in my book that's not cool for America...it's super cool for Russia tho. Investigated by the FBI and just so happened to have his staff full of Russian cocksuckers...but he didn't know?

Then goes, Manafort? I hardly knew the guy!:dunno:

Flynn? The old head of the NSA we nominated? He was just a volunteer!:dunno:

Who? Harvey Mage? Harvard Sage? Oh, Carter Page? Who is that guy? We authorized a trip to Russia for him but what does that mean? :dunno:

Not cool in your book, but you voted for Hillary who worked with Russia..

Trump worked with Russia, in my book that's not cool for America...it's super cool for Russia tho. Investigated by the FBI and just so happened to have his staff full of Russian cocksuckers...but he didn't know?

Who? Harvey Mage? Harvard Sage? Oh, Carter Page? Who is that guy? We authorized a trip to Russia for him but what does that mean? :dunno:

I'm rubber you're glue doesn't work pal.

Oh, so you guys will also go after Pence if you were to succeed (which you won't). Thanks for laying all your cards on the table. Just gives us more ammunition and determination.
Trump is illigetimate and so is Pence. The connections and corruption is so thick in the campaign that if Pence missed it...did he really miss it? C'Mon:eusa_dance:

We stole a SCOTUS nomination from Obama, I can see why the Dem's are pissed but those are the breaks.

Then I suppose it's good I haven't used that argument ever

Never? I remember the retort for that. :D

We stole a SCOTUS nomination from Obama, I can see why the Dem's are pissed but those are the breaks.

To steal it from obama, it would need to belong to him first. It belongs to the American people

Never? I remember the retort for that. :D

I thought it was weak as a kid

“The Senate is not a rubber stamp, and the Constitution does not require the Senate to give a nominee a vote,” McConnell insisted last year. “Let’s keep working together to get our economy moving again and make our country safer, instead of endlessly debating an issue where we don’t agree.”

Let’s call that the “McConnell Rule” on judicial nominations and, out of courtesy, stick to it as long as McConnell controls the Senate.

The Senate should table Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court until both political parties are prepared to search for a consensus candidate the American people can wholeheartedly support, and until some semblance of stability is restored in Washington, D.C.

Otherwise, Americans face the very real prospect of having a president who may not survive his first year — let alone his first term — cast his shadow over the legitimacy of our nation’s highest court for decades to come.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-a-year-his-supreme-court-pick-shouldntLssast
There should be a minimum 293 day boycott. Remember that some repukes were saying they would block a nomination for 4 years if Hillary won? Fuck those bastards. Make them give up the nuclear option.
If Hillary had won the Senate would have a Democrat supermajority today.

Do you think Pence would nominate someone else? because even if by some miracle you idiots figured out how to get rid of Trump, all you would get is Pence.
Left Out

Trump has the military, police, and gunowners on his side. If the Deep State Democrats try to overthrow him, they will be assassinated. This is what happened in Mexico in 1910, but a revolution against pacifist weakling traitors will be victorious within a few weeks.

Do you think Pence would nominate someone else? because even if by some miracle you idiots figured out how to get rid of Trump, all you would get is Pence.
Left Out

Trump has the military, police, and gunowners on his side. If the Deep State Democrats try to overthrow him, they will be assassinated. This is what happened in Mexico in 1910, but a revolution against pacifist weakling traitors will be victorious within a few weeks.

Well, that's a bit much don't ya think?

Left Out

Well, that's a bit much don't ya think?
It's Not a Threat, It's Pattern Analysis

The Libs better back down and pack up their foul ideology or they're going down the hard way.History repeats itself and spreads all over the world. The same outcome with different forms, such as invasion becoming immigration. When 9/11 happened, we joined history.

Gorsush was confirmed to the court of appeals 99-0, you won't find anyone with a greater consensus. You hacks need to accept you lost the fucking election and stop trying to divide the nation any more than it already is.

Forum List

Back