Trump May Not Last A Year His Supreme Court Pick Shouldn't Last Generations

“The Senate is not a rubber stamp, and the Constitution does not require the Senate to give a nominee a vote,” McConnell insisted last year. “Let’s keep working together to get our economy moving again and make our country safer, instead of endlessly debating an issue where we don’t agree.”

Let’s call that the “McConnell Rule” on judicial nominations and, out of courtesy, stick to it as long as McConnell controls the Senate.

The Senate should table Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court until both political parties are prepared to search for a consensus candidate the American people can wholeheartedly support, and until some semblance of stability is restored in Washington, D.C.

Otherwise, Americans face the very real prospect of having a president who may not survive his first year — let alone his first term — cast his shadow over the legitimacy of our nation’s highest court for decades to come.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-a-year-his-supreme-court-pick-shouldntLssast

The Senate should table Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court until both political parties are prepared to search for a consensus candidate the American people can wholeheartedly support

I'll go with the Trump picks that will last a generation.
I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 picks within the year.

“The Senate is not a rubber stamp, and the Constitution does not require the Senate to give a nominee a vote,” McConnell insisted last year. “Let’s keep working together to get our economy moving again and make our country safer, instead of endlessly debating an issue where we don’t agree.”

Let’s call that the “McConnell Rule” on judicial nominations and, out of courtesy, stick to it as long as McConnell controls the Senate.

The Senate should table Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court until both political parties are prepared to search for a consensus candidate the American people can wholeheartedly support, and until some semblance of stability is restored in Washington, D.C.

Otherwise, Americans face the very real prospect of having a president who may not survive his first year — let alone his first term — cast his shadow over the legitimacy of our nation’s highest court for decades to come.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-a-year-his-supreme-court-pick-shouldntLssast

The Senate should table Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court until both political parties are prepared to search for a consensus candidate the American people can wholeheartedly support

That's amazing. I won't be surprised to see Trump in federal prison within the year.

Mentally ill dude with the Dick Cheney avatar photoshopped with clown stuff, thanks for your commentary! Did you know Don;t TAZE ME BROH deleted my thread pointing out democrat Leahy was fucking loaded (the dude was wasted) when questioning our new Supreme Court justice?

LOL!!!!

There should be a minimum 293 day boycott. Remember that some repukes were saying they would block a nomination for 4 years if Hillary won? Fuck those bastards. Make them give up the nuclear option.

There should be a minimum 293 day boycott.

Dems should feel free to boycott any and all Senate sessions for the next 293 days if they'd like.

That's amazing. I won't be surprised to see Trump in federal prison within the year.

You should hold your breath until then.

Forum List

Back