Trump Meltdown: Thursday-Saturday timeline

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
You can find links for all of this stuff everywhere, but I am going to keep it simple:

Thursday, 06 August 2015 - 1st GOP nomination debate: Megyn Kelly asks Trump a question about misogynistic statements he has made. Trump fires back. On TV.

Following the debate, one of Frank Luntz's survey groups, a group of Republicans, responds very negatively to Trump. Luntz reports the results of the groups' impressions of Trump following the debate.

Trump and one of his attorneys, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, like, starting around 3 in the morning, tweet nasty things about Megyn Kelly and Frank Luntz.

Friday, 07 August, 2015 - Trump goes on CNN and insinuates that Megyn Kelly acted that way toward him because she was on her period.

The meltdown begins.

Saturday, 08 August, 2015 - as a result, Erik Erikson, founder and leader of RED STATE, a strongly Conservative movement, based mostly in the deep South, disinvites Trump to it's function that evening and invites Megyn Kelly in his place. Trump then tears into Erik Erikson, who himself has some problems with his own misogyny, but is a stalwart Conservative.

At about 1 PM on Saturday, Roger Stone, Trump's campaign advisor (a war-worn veteran of political battles for the GOP all the way back to the days of Nixon) quits the Trump campaign. He does this in a letter to Politico and announces it on a FOX station. Trump then announces that he fired Stone. One of those two gentlemen is lying. Only, Stone announced it first, so it is very likely that his version of events is the true version.

Sources Roger Stone quit wasn t fired by Donald Trump in campaign shakeup - Marc Caputo - POLITICO

This part of the Politico link to Stone's leaving the campaign is the key part:

The next morning, Stone had to fight Trump’s handlers to meet with him for 15 minutes, prompting the following exchange that both of Stone’s friends, independently and separately, tell POLITICO what happened:

Stone: “Donald, stop with the Megyn Kelly shit. It’s fucking crazy. It’s killing us.”

Trump: “What do you mean? I won the debate. People loved it.”

Stone: “You didn’t win the debate.”

Trump: “Yes I did. Look at the polling. Look at Drudge.”

Stone: “The Drudge Report poll isn’t a scientific poll. You won’t give me the money to pay for a scientific poll. And you’re off-message.”

Trump: “There are other polls.”

Stone: “Those are bullshit polls, Donald. They’re not scientific polls. We need to run a professional campaign and talk about what people really care about.”

Trump: “We’re winning.”

After the meeting, Trump did the opposite of what Stone had recommended by going on CNN and trashing Kelly. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her — wherever,” Trump said, a comment perceived by many to be a reference to a woman’s menstrual cycle. Trump’s campaign later denied that interpretation, but by then Stone was consulting his friends about quitting.

“He is losing his grip on reality,” Stone told them. “He has these yes-men around him. And now he’s living in a parallel world.”

You really need to read the entire quote from above. It is most enlightening.

So, within 48 hours time, Donald Trump managed to ruin relations to at least four very well known and influential Conservatives:

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor
Frank Luntz - GOP pollster, strongly Conservative
Erik Erikson - founder: RED STATE
Roger Stone, Trump's own campaign advisor, Conservative political operative all the way since the Nixon era.

Of the other 9 GOPers who were on the stage on Thursday, all but Ted Cruz have denounced what Trump did with Megyn Kelly.

So, the question is simple: how can you win if you are alienating your own team?

Now, Conservatives, take a moment and think long and hard about that one. Instead of getting mad and firing back with lots of poo, really think this time.

At some point in time, the old red-herring that "they are all actually RINOs" won't play anymore.

We have seen the wheels fall off of campaigns before in history: Hart in 88, for example. Dean in '04. McGovern's national campaign in '72. There are warning signs that appear when a campaign is kipping-over.

Wait and see. Trump has lots of fortitude, he may survive this, or he may not.

You thoughts?

Its trump, paul or hillary for me now!! I HATE the fox establishment squealing pigs

You left out lying about where the blood was coming from. He is making a lame attempt to convince people he meant Kelly was bleeding from her nose. Only a complete fool would believe him on that lie. The guy is in a public melt down. Stupid, dishonest and wearing a sandwich board advertising himself as a jerk.
It will be a mess if the circus goes on long enough for the Koch brothers to start spending millions on negative advertising to put Trump in his place. Trump is a peasant compared to the Koch's. They can outspend Trump many times over.

So, within 48 hours time, Donald Trump managed to ruin relations to at least four very well known and influential Conservatives:

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor

I think this statement is hilarious. If she is "influential" I can understand why our country is in the toilet:

My only question, from the day he announced his run, was how long before he dropped out.

Earlier I predicted 6-12 months.

Now I don't give him that long

You can find links for all of this stuff everywhere, but I am going to keep it simple:

Thursday, 06 August 2015 - 1st GOP nomination debate: Megyn Kelly asks Trump a question about misogynistic statements he has made. Trump fires back. On TV.

Following the debate, one of Frank Luntz's survey groups, a group of Republicans, responds very negatively to Trump. Luntz reports the results of the groups' impressions of Trump following the debate.

Trump and one of his attorneys, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, like, starting around 3 in the morning, tweet nasty things about Megyn Kelly and Frank Luntz.

Friday, 07 August, 2015 - Trump goes on CNN and insinuates that Megyn Kelly acted that way toward him because she was on her period.

The meltdown begins.

Saturday, 08 August, 2015 - as a result, Erik Erikson, founder and leader of RED STATE, a strongly Conservative movement, based mostly in the deep South, disinvites Trump to it's function that evening and invites Megyn Kelly in his place. Trump then tears into Erik Erikson, who himself has some problems with his own misogyny, but is a stalwart Conservative.

At about 1 PM on Saturday, Roger Stone, Trump's campaign advisor (a war-worn veteran of political battles for the GOP all the way back to the days of Nixon) quits the Trump campaign. He does this in a letter to Politico and announces it on a FOX station. Trump then announces that he fired Stone. One of those two gentlemen is lying. Only, Stone announced it first, so it is very likely that his version of events is the true version.

Sources Roger Stone quit wasn t fired by Donald Trump in campaign shakeup - Marc Caputo - POLITICO

The next morning, Stone had to fight Trump’s handlers to meet with him for 15 minutes, prompting the following exchange that both of Stone’s friends, independently and separately, tell POLITICO what happened:

Stone: “Donald, stop with the Megyn Kelly shit. It’s fucking crazy. It’s killing us.”

Stone: “The Drudge Report poll isn’t a scientific poll. You won’t give me the money to pay for a scientific poll. And you’re off-message.”

Stone: “Those are bullshit polls, Donald. They’re not scientific polls. We need to run a professional campaign and talk about what people really care about.”

After the meeting, Trump did the opposite of what Stone had recommended by going on CNN and trashing Kelly. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her — wherever,” Trump said, a comment perceived by many to be a reference to a woman’s menstrual cycle. Trump’s campaign later denied that interpretation, but by then Stone was consulting his friends about quitting.

“He is losing his grip on reality,” Stone told them. “He has these yes-men around him. And now he’s living in a parallel world.”

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor
Roger Stone, Trump's own campaign advisor, Conservative political operative all the way since the Nixon era.

Of the other 9 GOPers who were on the stage on Thursday, all but Ted Cruz have denounced what Trump did with Megyn Kelly.

So, the question is simple: how can you win if you are alienating your own team?

Now, Conservatives, take a moment and think long and hard about that one. Instead of getting mad and firing back with lots of poo, really think this time.

At some point in time, the old red-herring that "they are all actually RINOs" won't play anymore.

We have seen the wheels fall off of campaigns before in history: Hart in 88, for example. Dean in '04. McGovern's national campaign in '72. There are warning signs that appear when a campaign is kipping-over.

You thoughts?

If he leaves the race it will be on his terms and his choice.
Trump is what he is and none of this is new or shocking.
He won't be pushed out, and, if he CAN be in spite of the public backing, our Country is in a lot more trouble than I thought........

This is the most committed and aggressive campaign Trump has made for the Presidency (and most successful) - the only issue I see from Trump's view of him backing out is his credibility.

He's gone out stating he loves the USA and wants to make it better, then, to drop out, he's going to have to come up with a very good reason to "abandon" his cause...

Trump will use this to his advantage for Free Air time. It's what he does..............He got attacked and he is pushing back. It will be SO CALLED big news until the NEXT.........OH MY GOD BIG ONE.

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Fox is a network of pigs. They did the same thing to romneys opponents in 2012. Aint happenin again PIGS, this time we will fight back and say, OH, HELL NO, to the ass lickers.

Mean while..............Puerto Rico just defaulted on paying the debt.
The Fed may increase interest rates soon.
The Gov't has been needing a new debt ceiling since March. Should come to a head in October or November.............as they again put it off until the LAST DAMNED MINUTE to deal with it.

The Great DEBT CEILING DEBATE................when it should have been going on in MARCH. Bunch of DANCING CHICKENS ON THE STAGE.............The Fucking DRAMA of LAST MINUTE DEALS TO SAVE THE COUNTRY.

:puke3::puke3::puke3:

Kelly is a big girl............she'll get higher ratings for this shit and it will blow over. And a new one will ensue....................

Remember when the PIG network said romney won Iowa? He didnt, but they wanted him to be the winner so they said he was.

The meltdown begins.

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor

You thoughts?

What ever trump represents me and my class is not going anywhere

Lee Brice - Drinking Class (Official Music Video):

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor

I think this statement is hilarious. If she is "influential" I can understand why our country is in the toilet:

She is a PIG. She is an establishment ass licker
No she is not a pig, she is a smart classy lady that does It her way.

she is an establishment ass licker pig.

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor

Sad but true. She is often beating Bill O'Reilly in the numbers game, pulling in over 500,000 viewers on average and up to 3 million on a few occasions.

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor

Sad but true. She is often beating Bill O'Reilly in the numbers game, pulling in over 500,000 viewers on average and up to 3 million on a few occasions.

I can see why..... sex sells....

Forum List

Back