Trump Meltdown: Thursday-Saturday timeline

The difference is the 'backlash'. It didn't come from democrats. The DNC continued to support the 'blue dogs'. They poured at least as much money into the races after the Obamcare vote as they did before. The Blue Dogs lost. They faced a backlash from the voters, not the DNC or the democratic party. There was no attempt to 'purge' the DNC of the Blue Dogs.

Instead we saw the rise of the Tea Party. With the Tea Party eating the Blue Dog's lunch.
Show's how well the people took to the Hard Core Liberal Agenda now doesn't it.....................

Given that our conversation was about how the democrats had 'purged' the Blue Dogs, and it appears that we both agree that didn't happen, then the stark difference between what is happening in the GOP now and what happened within the DNC then is apparent.
You leave out the part like Pelosi saying some would be sacrificed...................which was the Blue Dog. They were openly against them during the selling of Obamacare................

And that's where your argument breaks. The DNC wasn't 'openly against them'. They supported them in their races, poured at least as much money into the races as they did before the Obamacare vote. The backlash didn't come from the DNC or democrats. The backlash came from voters.
Kinda proves the people were pissed with Liberal laws now didn't it.

Kinda proves that it was the voters who turned against the Blue Dogs. And not the democrats. Which is exactly my point.

Let's analyze this. The radical left often ridicules Megan Kelly and marginalizes Fox and dismisses Luntz as a "conservative" pollster but all of a sudden they are very concerned about the possibility that Kelly might have been ....gasp....insulted when a question she asked Trump backfired on her. The real question is if the radical left really cares or if they are using the over inflated issue as propaganda. While Luntz's audience seemed to react negatively to Trump's response it seems the rest of America might have cheered Trump and his numbers remain high. Republicans are like everyone else in modern society. They secretly applaud Trump but they are afraid of being criticized by the all powerful mainstream media so they pretend they are sensitive to a non issue.

Laughing......oh, you're trying to hard to make this about the 'radical left'. The 'radical left' is sitting back, enjoying Sunday Brunch, trying to decide if they want the champagne Mimosa. As is the 'moderate left' and 'left of center'.

Meanwhile, Repubicans are tearing at each other. Millions upon millions of free anti-Fox, anti-Trump, anti-GOP advertising. And Democrats don't have to so much as lift a finger.

I want the RINO's of the Status quo's HEADS MOUNTED ON THE WALL................Trophy mounts..............to the career politicians that have taken our country to the brink of ruin..................

Expecting them to fix a country that they helped fuck up is IDIOCY....................The Blue Dogs could have helped pass a law that wouldn't make the whole country ready to LYNCH THEM and the ENTIRE GOV'T.

The losses were the direct result of shoving an unpopular law down America's throat..............Which is why the Fly over states have grown...................

The people are PISSED OFF at our Gov't..............That is why the TRUMP SHOW has gained traction.............He is only doing what they have wanted to do for a long time now......

Those of ANY STRIPE who put their party, their faction, FIRST AND FOREMOST are to blame and not the career politicians singularly. The career politicians are there inside the Beltway for decades because they were voted in by successfully employing the divide and conquer tactics of PARTY/FACTION politics. The electorates of the Several States are responsible for the career politicians.

Those who put party/faction first and foremost to chose their representation in the National Government are forgetting their most important responsibility to this Nation; We are all Americans First and should use our vote as best we judge to benefit all Americans, not just party/faction.

Last edited:
I want the RINO's of the Status quo's HEADS MOUNTED ON THE WALL................Trophy mounts..............to the career politicians that have taken our country to the brink of ruin..................

Expecting them to fix a country that they helped fuck up is IDIOCY....................The Blue Dogs could have helped pass a law that wouldn't make the whole country ready to LYNCH THEM and the ENTIRE GOV'T.

The losses were the direct result of shoving an unpopular law down America's throat..............Which is why the Fly over states have grown...................

The people are PISSED OFF at our Gov't..............That is why the TRUMP SHOW has gained traction.............He is only doing what they have wanted to do for a long time now......

Those of ANY STRIPE who put their party, their faction, FIRST AND FOREMOST are to blame and not the career politicians singularly. The career politicians are there inside the Beltway for decades because they were voted in by successfully employing the divide and conquer tactics of PARTY/FACTION politics. The electorate of the Several States are responsible for the career politicians.

Those who put party/faction first and foremost to chose their representation in the National Government are forgetting their most important responsibility to this Nation; We are all Americans First and should use our vote as best we judge to benefit all Americans, not just party/faction.[/QUOTE]
And in the election your choices are the lesser of evils................as they hold the purse strings to advertise to the moon how great they are...........and the uninformed play right along.............

I have conservative principles..............and RINO'S have only expanded Gov't............not shrunk it.............to a point that the fiscal health of our country is in serious trouble....................

What am I supposed to do BLOW THEM FUCKING KISSES fore FUCKING OUR NATION.

Not a chance...............we reverse course soon or we are fucked................

Now watch the establishment offshore the rest of the jobs via the TPP...............
Those in will continue to toe that line fucking this country.

Those of ANY STRIPE who put their party, their faction, FIRST AND FOREMOST are to blame and not the career politicians singularly. The career politicians are there inside the Beltway for decades because they were voted in by successfully employing the divide and conquer tactics of PARTY/FACTION politics. The electorate of the Several States are responsible for the career politicians.

Those who put party/faction first and foremost to chose their representation in the National Government are forgetting their most important responsibility to this Nation; We are all Americans First and should use our vote as best we judge to benefit all Americans, not just party/faction.

Eagle1462010:

And in the election your choices are the lesser of evils................as they hold the purse strings to advertise to the moon how great they are...........and the uninformed play right along.............

I have conservative principles..............and RINO'S have only expanded Gov't............not shrunk it.............to a point that the fiscal health of our country is in serious trouble....................

Not a chance...............we reverse course soon or we are fucked................

Now watch the establishment offshore the rest of the jobs via the TPP...............

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. If one wishes to vote either Republican or Democratic exclusively, one gets what we have at this time. If one believes that result is faulty, then one should look for alternatives or stop fucking complaining since they're part of the problem.

How do you propose the course of our Nation to be reversed if most of the electorate remains entrenched within their faction doing the same thing every election cycle; rinse, spin, repeat...rinse, spin, repeat. Doing the same thing over and over...reelecting the incumbent. Why? Because they love their faction!

When was the last time a dollar-a-year person was elected to the House or Senate? In 1944, I was born and Truman became President following FDR's passing. At that time, there were dozens of dollar-a-year men serving in Washington as there had been all the way back to our Nation's founding. These guys SERVED the Nation. How many can you find today? Most of those in office today are not serving, but taking what they can get to maximize their gain. Therein is a large part of the reason for OUR jobs and factories going offshore with all the trade deals, with huge rewards going to the helpers and grafters upon leaving office.

Last edited:

Eagle1462010:

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. If one wishes to vote either Republican or Democratic exclusively, one gets what we have at this time. If one believes that result is faulty, then one should look for alternatives or stop fucking complaining since they're part of the problem.

How do you propose the course of our Nation to be reversed if most of the electorate remains entrenched within their faction doing the same thing every election cycle; rinse, spin, repeat...rinse, spin, repeat. Doing the same thing over and over...reelecting the incumbent. Why? Because they love their faction!

When was the last time a dollar-a-year person was elected to the House or Senate? In 1944, I was born and Truman became President following FDR's passing. At that time, there were dozens of dollar-a-year men serving in Washington as there had been all the way back to our Nation's founding. These guys SERVED the Nation. How many can you find today? Most of those in office today are not serving, but taking what they can get to maximize their gain. Therein is a large part of the reason for OUR jobs and factories going offshore with all the trade deals, with huge rewards going to the helpers and grafters upon leaving office.
Staying home doesn't fix a thing either...............In most cases we vote for the one we think will do the least damage anymore.............Staying home doesn't even give us that option.

Release the Kraken.jpg

Trump is being publicly called a liar today by all kinds of people for his ridiculous lie about meaning his remark about Kelly was bleeding from her nose when he said "wherever". He is a bigger fool today then he was yesterday.

Eagle1462010:

Staying home doesn't fix a thing either...............In most cases we vote for the one we think will do the least damage anymore.............Staying home doesn't even give us that option.

Who's staying home? I have voted for my wife, myself, Alfred E. Newman, None of the Above, et al, for a very large number of candidates on the ballot. And by God, my protest vote gets counted too! No, I exercise my right to vote.

Why add to a vote count if that vote is for the lesser of two freakin' evils and still get an evil? For the sake of the degree of evil? You just go ahead and vote for the lesser of two evils, but then you have no right, other than that of a hypocrite, to complain about the results by putting a career politician back in his old seat or one who just wrong for the job. For myself, I will not be a party to that and add further burden to our system with more incompetence!

Eagle1462010:

Who's staying home? I have voted for my wife, myself, Alfred E. Newman, None of the Above, et al, for a very large number of candidates on the ballot. And by God, my protest vote gets counted too! No, I exercise my right to vote.

Why add to a vote count if that vote is for the lesser of two freakin' evils and still get an evil? For the sake of the degree of evil? You just go ahead and vote for the lesser of two evils, but then you have no right, other than that of a hypocrite, to complain about the results by putting a career politician back in his old seat or one who just wrong for the job. For myself, I will not be a party to that and add further burden to our system with more incompetence!
Whatever dude..............whatever floats your boat.

At least I try and keep the worst one out of office.............If you going to vote for none of the above, you might as well stay home.................

I'd rather at least try to minimize the damage via picking one or the other.

You can find links for all of this stuff everywhere, but I am going to keep it simple:

Thursday, 06 August 2015 - 1st GOP nomination debate: Megyn Kelly asks Trump a question about misogynistic statements he has made. Trump fires back. On TV.

Following the debate, one of Frank Luntz's survey groups, a group of Republicans, responds very negatively to Trump. Luntz reports the results of the groups' impressions of Trump following the debate.

Trump and one of his attorneys, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, like, starting around 3 in the morning, tweet nasty things about Megyn Kelly and Frank Luntz.

Friday, 07 August, 2015 - Trump goes on CNN and insinuates that Megyn Kelly acted that way toward him because she was on her period.

The meltdown begins.

Saturday, 08 August, 2015 - as a result, Erik Erikson, founder and leader of RED STATE, a strongly Conservative movement, based mostly in the deep South, disinvites Trump to it's function that evening and invites Megyn Kelly in his place. Trump then tears into Erik Erikson, who himself has some problems with his own misogyny, but is a stalwart Conservative.

At about 1 PM on Saturday, Roger Stone, Trump's campaign advisor (a war-worn veteran of political battles for the GOP all the way back to the days of Nixon) quits the Trump campaign. He does this in a letter to Politico and announces it on a FOX station. Trump then announces that he fired Stone. One of those two gentlemen is lying. Only, Stone announced it first, so it is very likely that his version of events is the true version.

Sources Roger Stone quit wasn t fired by Donald Trump in campaign shakeup - Marc Caputo - POLITICO

This part of the Politico link to Stone's leaving the campaign is the key part:

The next morning, Stone had to fight Trump’s handlers to meet with him for 15 minutes, prompting the following exchange that both of Stone’s friends, independently and separately, tell POLITICO what happened:

Stone: “Donald, stop with the Megyn Kelly shit. It’s fucking crazy. It’s killing us.”

Trump: “What do you mean? I won the debate. People loved it.”

Stone: “You didn’t win the debate.”

Trump: “Yes I did. Look at the polling. Look at Drudge.”

Stone: “The Drudge Report poll isn’t a scientific poll. You won’t give me the money to pay for a scientific poll. And you’re off-message.”

Trump: “There are other polls.”

Stone: “Those are bullshit polls, Donald. They’re not scientific polls. We need to run a professional campaign and talk about what people really care about.”

Trump: “We’re winning.”

After the meeting, Trump did the opposite of what Stone had recommended by going on CNN and trashing Kelly. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her — wherever,” Trump said, a comment perceived by many to be a reference to a woman’s menstrual cycle. Trump’s campaign later denied that interpretation, but by then Stone was consulting his friends about quitting.

“He is losing his grip on reality,” Stone told them. “He has these yes-men around him. And now he’s living in a parallel world.”

You really need to read the entire quote from above. It is most enlightening.

So, within 48 hours time, Donald Trump managed to ruin relations to at least four very well known and influential Conservatives:

Megyn Kelly - FOX anchor
Frank Luntz - GOP pollster, strongly Conservative
Erik Erikson - founder: RED STATE
Roger Stone, Trump's own campaign advisor, Conservative political operative all the way since the Nixon era.

Of the other 9 GOPers who were on the stage on Thursday, all but Ted Cruz have denounced what Trump did with Megyn Kelly.

So, the question is simple: how can you win if you are alienating your own team?

Now, Conservatives, take a moment and think long and hard about that one. Instead of getting mad and firing back with lots of poo, really think this time.

At some point in time, the old red-herring that "they are all actually RINOs" won't play anymore.

We have seen the wheels fall off of campaigns before in history: Hart in 88, for example. Dean in '04. McGovern's national campaign in '72. There are warning signs that appear when a campaign is kipping-over.

Wait and see. Trump has lots of fortitude, he may survive this, or he may not.

You thoughts?

You forgot how this works. You're supposed to get Trump nominated before you tear him down

Eagle1462010:

At least I try and keep the worst one out of office.............If you going to vote for none of the above, you might as well stay home.................

By voting that way, along with many others and giving a majority vote to a halfwit, said halfwit would take that as a consensus vote and believe he has the will of his/her constituency backing him/her from the get-go. Consider the following:

JUST FOR ILLUSTRATION (get it? got it? Good!)
31% of the Nation identifies as Republican.
33% of the Nation identifies as Democratic.
36% of the Nation identifies as Independent.
Their district is apportioned uniformly as above (impossible with faction gerrymandering I know but...)

A Dem. Congressman fat-cat who has been in office for 32 years is running against a Rep. woman who is not a witch with a Fruitloops and Coco-Puffs platform. The party-line, low information voters go with their Rep/Dem faction and the Indy's split their votes evenly three ways with Dems, Reps and None of the above getting 12%. So the Rep gets a total of 43%, the Dem gets 45% and None of the Above gets 12%. Does the Fat-cat with the plurality vote have a consensus of the people with a majority? How do you think he might spend the next two years working knowing he didn't get that majority? Do you think he might change his ways for the next two years? He well may if more people had voted for the lesser of two evils and his feet are kept to the fire!

Not voting is the only way a vote is truly wasted so I totally reject your notion that: "If you going to vote for none of the above, you might as well stay home..." [Emphasis Added]

Eagle1462010:

By voting that way, along with many others and giving a majority vote to a halfwit, said halfwit would take that as a consensus vote and believe he has the will of his/her constituency backing him/her from the get-go. Consider the following:

Their district is apportioned uniformly as above (impossible with faction gerrymandering I know but...)

A Dem. Congressman fat-cat who has been in office for 32 years is running against a Rep. woman who is not a witch with a Fruitloops and Coco-Puffs platform. The party-line, low information voters go with their Rep/Dem faction and the Indy's split their votes evenly three ways with Dems, Reps and None of the above getting 12%. So the Rep gets a total of 43%, the Dem gets 45% and None of the Above gets 12%. Does the Fat-cat with the plurality vote have a consensus of the people with a majority? How do you think he might spend the next two years working knowing he didn't get that majority? Do you think he might change his ways for the next two years? He well may if more people had voted for the lesser of two evils and his feet are kept to the fire!

Not voting is the only way a vote is truly wasted so I totally reject your notion that: "If you going to vote for none of the above, you might as well stay home..." [Emphasis Added]
Most have only 2 choices..................I take the lesser of two evils............and in your example your party line skirt was showing...................

Whatever floats your boat...............I'll continue to vote for the lesser of two evils when that is my only choices............

You can stay home and bake a cake for all I care.

Eagle1462010:

Most have only 2 choices..................I take the lesser of two evils............and in your example your party line skirt was showing...................

Whatever floats your boat...............I'll continue to vote for the lesser of two evils when that is my only choices............

You can stay home and bake a cake for all I care.

My party line skirt? So what's your guess...Rabid Republican, Demon Democrat or "None of the Above". Just to clue you in All Knowing, All Seeing One, I was a 29 yo. gullible Republican until Aug 9, 1974, Does that date mean anything to you? That's when I put down the Kool-Aid and started thinking for myself as an American with a duty. Since then I wised up, and these last 41 years I have never entertained becoming a part of any faction. You may want to look at my sig line, take the hint and do a little reading.

Voting for the lesser of evils isn't your only choice, but you really should stop complaining about the result of that vote strategy if you're going to do it. That practice is incapable of sending ANY meaningful message to the job applicants and will always result in an evil by its simple practice.

Have a Nice Day!

The key to Trump is that he lets no insult or perceived insult go unnoticed.

Rather than reply with wit or tact, Trump can be counted on to take the low road. He calls it....not being PC

Most look at as not being able to control yourself
shut the fuck up paid left wing poster

Your opinion is useless on here

You are bought and sold burn out, welfare whore

You seem quite angry. Does a dissenting opinion always irk you so much? Are you really that hypersensitive?

The key to Trump is that he lets no insult or perceived insult go unnoticed.

Rather than reply with wit or tact, Trump can be counted on to take the low road. He calls it....not being PC

Most look at as not being able to control yourself
shut the fuck up paid left wing poster

Your opinion is useless on here

You are bought and sold burn out, welfare whore

You seem quite angry. Does a dissenting opinion always irk you so much? Are you really that hypersensitive?

LOL, so you're an internet psychiatrist too. That's even more worthless than your day job of being a liberal parrot

Let's analyze this. The radical left often ridicules Megan Kelly and marginalizes Fox and dismisses Luntz as a "conservative" pollster but all of a sudden they are very concerned about the possibility that Kelly might have been ....gasp....insulted when a question she asked Trump backfired on her. The real question is if the radical left really cares or if they are using the over inflated issue as propaganda. While Luntz's audience seemed to react negatively to Trump's response it seems the rest of America might have cheered Trump and his numbers remain high. Republicans are like everyone else in modern society. They secretly applaud Trump but they are afraid of being criticized by the all powerful mainstream media so they pretend they are sensitive to a non issue.

No. You missed the point completely, as usual.

We criticize Kelly sometimes for her Conservative stands, not because of her woman-parts.
Trump criticized her because of her woman-parts.

Now, take a second and figure that one out.

You talk about Luntz' survey group. They were all Republicans, every single one of them.

And there is no way in the world for you to know who is secretly applauding for anyone, if it ever happens.

An interesting thought:

about 9 hours after I created this thread, no one has challenged the actual information within the OP itself. At least that is encouraging, for the timeline is clear for all to see.

And apparently, this comment of mine also has a teflon-type of appeal.

So, the question is simple: how can you win if you are alienating your own team?

Now, Conservatives, take a moment and think long and hard about that one. Instead of getting mad and firing back with lots of poo, really think this time.

At some point in time, the old red-herring that "they are all actually RINOs" won't play anymore.

We have seen the wheels fall off of campaigns before in history: Hart in 88, for example. Dean in '04. McGovern's national campaign in '72. There are warning signs that appear when a campaign is kipping-over.

Wait and see. Trump has lots of fortitude, he may survive this, or he may not.

Also, if you have not read the quote bubble within the OP - from the Politico link, you really, really, really need to read it. Stone understood where all of this is going and even he, a hardened political "son of a bitch", as Nixon called him many, many moons ago, doesn't want to be part and parcel of what Trump is doing. This is a guy who really knows how to do dirty tricks, but he knows better than to do this.

Also, please, someone, anyone, show us a candidate who has ever been this brazen and who still survived a major campaign. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back