Trump offers a compromise with PP

It is your side trying to tell American women what they will and must do with their bodies and their lives. It's not going to go over well. Just warning ya.

You are incorrect. WE are not telling women what to do with their bodies. They are free to do as they please and accept the consequences for their decisions. WE ARE no longer going to pay for those consequences, however.

Are you aware of the Hyde Amendment?

"In U.S. politics, the Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of certain federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape.

Do you believe a women raped should be required to go full term, delivery a baby and provide for its support until it reaches maturity?

"Do you believe a women raped should be required to go full term, delivery a baby..."

Let's see how easy it is to prove you a dishonest dunce....

Let's deal with the so very overused idea of "cases of rape or incest."
The concept that there are "cases of rape or incest" is a chimera.
They really don't exist.....well, the fact is that 98.5% of abortion don't involve either abhorrent event.

The cases in which abortion is for rape, 1%; and .5% incest.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

Therefore, you must be in agreement that 98.5% of all abortions should be outlawed....

....Right?

Nope. I ran an agency and wrote and managed two VAWA Grants by the DOJ; I read most if not all of the police reports on rape, incest and domestic violence in a region of over 1 million citizens. In fact the conclusion in your link reported:

"The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study"

You simple explanations and conclusions defy reality.

Interesting....a "Nope"
from a dope.....

.....while I provided data from

"The Guttmacher Institute is a research and policy organization committed to advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in the United States and Globally.
The Institute was founded in 1968 as the Center for Family Planning Program Development, a semi-autonomous division of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. It was renamed in memory of Alan Guttmacher, an Ob/Gyn and former president of Planned Parenthood. The Guttmacher Institute became an independent, non-profit corporation in 1977 under the direction of Frederick S. Jaffe."
Guttmacher Institute - Wikipedia

See how simple it was to prove you a dishonest dunce.

OK....back under your rock.

Are you really this dishonest and stupid?

Your source concluded: "The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study"

I suppose concrete thinkers may look at your post and response, and echo your cherry picking bullshit. It is no one's business to know if the women seeking an abortion under the terms of Roe was raped, molested by a father, step-father or he mother's boyfriend, and I doubt any clinic would ask who the father is as a condition of aborting the fetus.

Then lose the money. It's the taxpayers money not PPs. Elections have consequences and this is one of them. PP will fold - it's always about the money.
Abortion is a legal medical procedure. Tax payers don't have any business deciding which legal medical procedures they will fund and which they won't. Your side will not get away with this.

Tax payers have every right to decide how tax dollars are spent. Your days of telling Americans what they will and must do are over.
It is your side trying to tell American women what they will and must do with their bodies and their lives. It's not going to go over well. Just warning ya.

"tell American women what they will and must do with their bodies"

Their bodies????

How could the victim be 'their body' since it has a different DNA, different fingerprints, often different blood type and different sex?

How?

Do you realize how flaccid your alibi for murder sounds?
It's not murder. It's termination of pregnancy, in the vast majority of cases when the fetus is the size of a blood clot and has no fingerprints. Your argument is bullshit.

Once you folks who choose to alibi murder default to profanity, it pretty much is like waving the white flag.

You know the truth.

You are incorrect. WE are not telling women what to do with their bodies. They are free to do as they please and accept the consequences for their decisions. WE ARE no longer going to pay for those consequences, however.

"In U.S. politics, the Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of certain federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape.

Do you believe a women raped should be required to go full term, delivery a baby and provide for its support until it reaches maturity?

"Do you believe a women raped should be required to go full term, delivery a baby..."

They really don't exist.....well, the fact is that 98.5% of abortion don't involve either abhorrent event.

Therefore, you must be in agreement that 98.5% of all abortions should be outlawed....

....Right?

Nope. I ran an agency and wrote and managed two VAWA Grants by the DOJ; I read most if not all of the police reports on rape, incest and domestic violence in a region of over 1 million citizens. In fact the conclusion in your link reported:

"The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study"

Interesting....a "Nope"
from a dope.....

"The Guttmacher Institute is a research and policy organization committed to advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in the United States and Globally.
The Institute was founded in 1968 as the Center for Family Planning Program Development, a semi-autonomous division of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. It was renamed in memory of Alan Guttmacher, an Ob/Gyn and former president of Planned Parenthood. The Guttmacher Institute became an independent, non-profit corporation in 1977 under the direction of Frederick S. Jaffe."

Your source concluded: "The decision to have an abortion is typically motivated by multiple, diverse and interrelated reasons. The themes of responsibility to others and resource limitations, such as financial constraints and lack of partner support, recurred throughout the study"

I suppose concrete thinkers may look at your post and response, and echo your cherry picking bullshit. It is no one's business to know if the women seeking an abortion under the terms of Roe was raped, molested by a father, step-father or he mother's boyfriend, and I doubt any clinic would ask who the father is as a condition of aborting the fetus.

98.5% of abortions are done for convenience.

Convenience.

The vast majority of abortion performed in the United States are carried out for reasons that can be broadly categorized as “matters of convenience.”

Convenience, as in having your groceries delivered rather than having to walk across the street to pick them up.....this level of effort in deciding to execute the child you've created.

In a study of 27 nations, reasons for abortion services were found to be the following:

a. “Worldwide, the most commonly reported reason women cite for having an abortion is to postpone or stop childbearing. The second most common reason—socioeconomic concerns—includes disruption of education or employment; lack of support from the father; desire to provide schooling for existing children; and poverty, unemployment or inability to afford additional children. In addition, relationship problems with a husband or partner and a woman's perception that she is too young constitute other important categories of reasons.” Reasons Why Women Have Induced Abortions: Evidence from 27 Countries

b. A 2004 study of American women yielded similar results: “The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.”

["A study published in Guttmacher's International Family Planning Perspectives in 1998 said risk to a woman's health was the main reason for 2.8% of U.S. abortions in 1987-88."]

c. We must reject the view that inconvenience of a mother’s informed choice outweighs the unalienable right to life of the child she bears by virtue of that choice.

The GOP simply can not stop playing politics with women's private reproductive rights. Nothing new here.
Dufus thinks a private company is controlling womens reproductive rights.

Dude, You are SERIOUSLY confused. It is the Federal government that is controlling women's reproductive rights. Try to stay up.
… And funding baby butchery in the form of Planned Parenthood

Using raw emotion only works on rabid RW'ers, Rusty. PP aborts fetuses, not babies.

On the contrary. PP knows that the GOP is going to cut off their funding. They also know that their mission is more important than that funding.
Yep, they believe black babies must be killed in order to keep darkies in control.

I think I have met you before. Did you used to run the tilt-a-whirl at the state fair?
Not my fault PP was created by a racist to reduce the black population and today kills more black babies per capita than any other race.

Love to play that race card, Dontcha? You would have made a great contribution to OJ's defense team!
Not my fault you support a racist organization that was formed to keep the black population in check.

Keep firing those blanks, dude. Rhetoric like that only works on Rush's audience.

The GOP simply can not stop playing politics with women's private reproductive rights. Nothing new here.

Dude, You are SERIOUSLY confused. It is the Federal government that is controlling women's reproductive rights. Try to stay up.

Using raw emotion only works on rabid RW'ers, Rusty. PP aborts fetuses, not babies.
From the left who tell us not funding a private organization destroys women's rights and millions of women will die a horrible death if this private company does not get tens of millions of taxpayer money.

....Right?

Interesting....a "Nope"
from a dope.....

Convenience.

The vast majority of abortion performed in the United States are carried out for reasons that can be broadly categorized as “matters of convenience.”

Convenience, as in having your groceries delivered rather than having to walk across the street to pick them up.....this level of effort in deciding to execute the child you've created.

In a study of 27 nations, reasons for abortion services were found to be the following:

a. “Worldwide, the most commonly reported reason women cite for having an abortion is to postpone or stop childbearing. The second most common reason—socioeconomic concerns—includes disruption of education or employment; lack of support from the father; desire to provide schooling for existing children; and poverty, unemployment or inability to afford additional children. In addition, relationship problems with a husband or partner and a woman's perception that she is too young constitute other important categories of reasons.” Reasons Why Women Have Induced Abortions: Evidence from 27 Countries

b. A 2004 study of American women yielded similar results: “The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.”

["A study published in Guttmacher's International Family Planning Perspectives in 1998 said risk to a woman's health was the main reason for 2.8% of U.S. abortions in 1987-88."]

c. We must reject the view that inconvenience of a mother’s informed choice outweighs the unalienable right to life of the child she bears by virtue of that choice.

'Convenience' is an excellent reason to get an abortion.

Yep, they believe black babies must be killed in order to keep darkies in control.

I think I have met you before. Did you used to run the tilt-a-whirl at the state fair?
Not my fault PP was created by a racist to reduce the black population and today kills more black babies per capita than any other race.

Love to play that race card, Dontcha? You would have made a great contribution to OJ's defense team!
Not my fault you support a racist organization that was formed to keep the black population in check.

Keep firing those blanks, dude. Rhetoric like that only works on Rush's audience.
Dufus denies PP was created to keep the black population down.

My best guess is that PP told Trump, as politely as possible, that they are not providing services to accommodate Trump, but rather to accommodate the needs of women. I'm not sure why they even bothered to tell him that, because the entire concept is over his head.

Yes I'm sure a violent organization like planned parenthood was worried about their manners.

Yeah those children are dead and we sold their body parts for harvesting, but we used our manners so we are classy

Since you don't know the difference between a fetus and a baby, I don't really expect you to understand that PP followed the law of the land, regardless of your personal religious beliefs.

It wasn't. You're an idiot.

That's not a compromise. That's arm twisting, which PP will not succumb to.

Then lose the money. It's the taxpayers money not PPs. Elections have consequences and this is one of them. PP will fold - it's always about the money.

That's true, it is always about the money. So you as a taxpayer would prefer to support an unwanted child for 18 years with taxpayer's money rather than a single solution that would be a minute, almost undetectable fraction of that sum? And you are allowed to vote?

I'll make a deal with you, in the spirit of trump. You stop killing children and ill stop defending their right to life

I'll make a deal with you. You stop twisting words to your own meaning (writing "killing children", instead of "aborting fetuses), and I might take you seriously.

It wasn't. You're an idiot.

I agree, he is.

I'll make a deal with you, in the spirit of trump. You stop killing children and ill stop defending their right to life

I'll make a deal with you. You stop twisting words to your own meaning (writing "killing children", instead of "aborting fetuses), and I might take you seriously.

They don't know a zygote from an embryo from a fetus. Too much science for them.

All you anti-abortion "pro-life" idiots don't bitch and complain when your taxes go waaaay up to support all the unwanted children who will be born to families who cannot care for them. And don't take a short-cut and blame the woman. Men are 1/2 the equation and they want sex.
So Shut up or pay up.

From the left who tell us not funding a private organization destroys women's rights and millions of women will die a horrible death if this private company does not get tens of millions of taxpayer money.

i don't give a rat's ass if they get government money or not. It will certainly come as no surprise to anyone when that stops. But the Right wants them shut down, with, or without government money. That is where you lose.

That's not a compromise. That's arm twisting, which PP will not succumb to.

That's true, it is always about the money. So you as a taxpayer would prefer to support an unwanted child for 18 years with taxpayer's money rather than a single solution that would be a minute, almost undetectable fraction of that sum? And you are allowed to vote?
Rather support a child for 18 years than illegals for their entire lifetimes....:)

....Right?

Interesting....a "Nope"
from a dope.....

Convenience.

'Convenience' is an excellent reason to get an abortion.

So much more convenient than taking that pill each day.

Forum List

Back