Trump On Woodward Tape Admitting To Lying About Seriousness Of Coronavirus

How did he play it down with the actions he took? Just what should he have done that he didn't do....before there
was one death in America?
Penelope
You mean besides acting on the intel in Nov? How about not pretending it wasnt anything serious or calling it hoax?
What did China and the CDC say about the virus right up to Jan. 30, 2020?
Who called it a hoax? Certainly not Trump.

who kept praising china thru the end of febuary?

15 times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe
By MYAH WARD
04/15/2020 06:27 PM EDT

POLITICO has compiled a list of 15 times the president hailed China for its push to prevent a pandemic in the early months of 2020 — an effort that ultimately failed:

Jan. 22, Twitter:
“One of the many great things about our just signed giant Trade Deal with China is that it will bring both the USA & China closer together in so many other ways. Terrific working with President Xi, a man who truly loves his country. Much more to come!”
Jan. 24, Twitter:
“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Jan. 29, Remarks at signing ceremony for the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement:
“And, honestly, I think, as tough as this negotiation was, I think our relationship with China now might be the best it's been in a long, long time. And now it's reciprocal. Before, we were being ripped off badly. Now we have a reciprocal relationship, maybe even better than reciprocal for us.”

Jan. 30, Fox News interview:
"China is not in great shape right now, unfortunately. But they're working very hard. We'll see what happens. But we're working very closely with China and other countries."

Feb. 7, Remarks at North Carolina Opportunity Now Summit in Charlotte, N.C.:
"I just spoke to President Xi last night, and, you know, we're working on the — the problem, the virus. It's a — it's a very tough situation. But I think he's going to handle it. I think he's handled it really well. We're helping wherever we can."

Feb. 7, Twitter:
“Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days … Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

Feb. 7, Remarks before Marine One departure:
"Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about — mostly about the coronavirus. They're working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They're in touch with World — the World — World Organization. CDC also. We're working together. But World Health is working with them. CDC is working with them. I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.”

Feb. 10, Fox Business interview:
"I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control," Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather. And that's a beautiful date to look forward to. But China I can tell you is working very hard."

Feb. 10, campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.:
“I spoke with President Xi, and they’re working very, very hard. And I think it’s all going to work out fine.”

Feb. 13, Fox News interview:
“I think they've handled it professionally and I think they're extremely capable and I think President Xi is extremely capable and I hope that it's going to be resolved."

Feb. 18, remarks before Air Force One departure:
“I think President Xi is working very hard. As you know, I spoke with him recently. He’s working really hard. It’s a tough problem. I think he’s going to do — look, I’ve seen them build hospitals in a short period of time. I really believe he wants to get that done, and he wants to get it done fast. Yes, I think he’s doing it very professionally.”

Feb. 23, remarks before Marine One departure:
"I think President Xi is working very, very hard. I spoke to him. He's working very hard. I think he's doing a very good job. It's a big problem. But President Xi loves his country. He's working very hard to solve the problem, and he will solve the problem. OK?"

Feb. 26, remarks at a business roundtable in New Delhi, India:
“China is working very, very hard. I have spoken to President Xi, and they’re working very hard. And if you know anything about him, I think he’ll be in pretty good shape. They’re — they’ve had a rough patch, and I think right now they have it — it looks like they’re getting it under control more and more. They’re getting it more and more under control.”
Feb. 27, Coronavirus Task Force press conference:

“I spoke with President Xi. We had a great talk. He’s working very hard, I have to say. He’s working very, very hard. And if you can count on the reports coming out of China, that spread has gone down quite a bit. The infection seems to have gone down over the last two days. As opposed to getting larger, it’s actually gotten smaller.”

Feb. 29, Coronavirus Task Force press conference:
“China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down. … I think our relationship with China is very good. We just did a big trade deal. We’re starting on another trade deal with China — a very big one. And we’ve been working very closely. They’ve been talking to our people, we’ve been talking to their people, having to do with the virus.”

How did he play it down with the actions he took? Just what should he have done that he didn't do....before there
Penelope

Trump banned travel from China and Europe while Dems called him a racist for doing so and claimed the virus wasn't a threat. Facts vs this OP spin.

that was the only good thing he did & when was that? back in march? - weeks after it took hold?

he hasn't done a fucking thing since AND won't mask up AND is still having super spreading rallies ... AND is ignoring everything science is finding out about this virus.
What science is finding out now is that we were idiots to shut everything down.
What science told you this bullshit? That paper you got out of the crackerjack box doesnt count as science. If Drumpf had not stood around with his finger up his ass lying about the virus we could have gotten away without having a total shutdown.
Again.....slowly and go get mommy.....the CDC weeks ago and a study done by Penn State on the leftyvirus. Even you wackos were screaming early on that millions more had it when we didn't have testing.....go back and listen to those "tapes".....and you were right. Millions did have the virus, got over it, and are not counted in any statistic.
You dont think I'm going to listen to the claims of some retard like you do you? Post your proof.
Don't need to do your research for you, that's your problem you never research anything you just post ignorant fake articles. Its there for a simple Google search and was stated just like I said....again, it only confirms what you whiners were crying about anyway.
So you admit you have nothing. I pretty much knew that anyway. Thanks for playing.

Have mommy read it for you.....after she pushes the keys.
Just reading the first two paragraphs is grounds for throwing that fatass fuck in prison. Drumpf wanted to stop testing. Can you quote the part you claimed where you said we were idiots to shut everything down? I searched the page and nothing came up. I'm waiting for your proof.
No that part is my commentary...why shut down for a virus similar to the flu? We dont shut down for the flu, or tuberculosis, or staph, or cigarette smoke...or anything so why this? The facts are the facts and trying to blame a virus on the President is as stupid as nominating Joe Biden to run.

" No that part is my commentary...why shut down for a virus similar to the flu? "

You claimed that it was science. Here is your quote.

"What science is finding out now is that we were idiots to shut everything down."

I specifically said your bullshit wasnt science. There is a reason I asked you for proof. Its because I knew you didnt have a fucking clue about your "commentary".

Penelope
You mean besides acting on the intel in Nov? How about not pretending it wasnt anything serious or calling it hoax?
What did China and the CDC say about the virus right up to Jan. 30, 2020?
Who called it a hoax? Certainly not Trump.

who kept praising china thru the end of febuary?

By MYAH WARD
04/15/2020 06:27 PM EDT

POLITICO has compiled a list of 15 times the president hailed China for its push to prevent a pandemic in the early months of 2020 — an effort that ultimately failed:

Jan. 22, Twitter:
“One of the many great things about our just signed giant Trade Deal with China is that it will bring both the USA & China closer together in so many other ways. Terrific working with President Xi, a man who truly loves his country. Much more to come!”
Jan. 24, Twitter:
“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Jan. 29, Remarks at signing ceremony for the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement:
“And, honestly, I think, as tough as this negotiation was, I think our relationship with China now might be the best it's been in a long, long time. And now it's reciprocal. Before, we were being ripped off badly. Now we have a reciprocal relationship, maybe even better than reciprocal for us.”

Jan. 30, Fox News interview:
"China is not in great shape right now, unfortunately. But they're working very hard. We'll see what happens. But we're working very closely with China and other countries."

Feb. 7, Remarks at North Carolina Opportunity Now Summit in Charlotte, N.C.:
"I just spoke to President Xi last night, and, you know, we're working on the — the problem, the virus. It's a — it's a very tough situation. But I think he's going to handle it. I think he's handled it really well. We're helping wherever we can."

Feb. 7, Twitter:
“Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days … Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

Feb. 7, Remarks before Marine One departure:
"Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about — mostly about the coronavirus. They're working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They're in touch with World — the World — World Organization. CDC also. We're working together. But World Health is working with them. CDC is working with them. I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.”

Feb. 10, Fox Business interview:
"I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control," Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather. And that's a beautiful date to look forward to. But China I can tell you is working very hard."

Feb. 10, campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.:
“I spoke with President Xi, and they’re working very, very hard. And I think it’s all going to work out fine.”

Feb. 13, Fox News interview:
“I think they've handled it professionally and I think they're extremely capable and I think President Xi is extremely capable and I hope that it's going to be resolved."

Feb. 18, remarks before Air Force One departure:
“I think President Xi is working very hard. As you know, I spoke with him recently. He’s working really hard. It’s a tough problem. I think he’s going to do — look, I’ve seen them build hospitals in a short period of time. I really believe he wants to get that done, and he wants to get it done fast. Yes, I think he’s doing it very professionally.”

Feb. 23, remarks before Marine One departure:
"I think President Xi is working very, very hard. I spoke to him. He's working very hard. I think he's doing a very good job. It's a big problem. But President Xi loves his country. He's working very hard to solve the problem, and he will solve the problem. OK?"

Feb. 26, remarks at a business roundtable in New Delhi, India:
“China is working very, very hard. I have spoken to President Xi, and they’re working very hard. And if you know anything about him, I think he’ll be in pretty good shape. They’re — they’ve had a rough patch, and I think right now they have it — it looks like they’re getting it under control more and more. They’re getting it more and more under control.”
Feb. 27, Coronavirus Task Force press conference:

“I spoke with President Xi. We had a great talk. He’s working very hard, I have to say. He’s working very, very hard. And if you can count on the reports coming out of China, that spread has gone down quite a bit. The infection seems to have gone down over the last two days. As opposed to getting larger, it’s actually gotten smaller.”

Feb. 29, Coronavirus Task Force press conference:
“China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down. … I think our relationship with China is very good. We just did a big trade deal. We’re starting on another trade deal with China — a very big one. And we’ve been working very closely. They’ve been talking to our people, we’ve been talking to their people, having to do with the virus.”
Well you get mad if he chastises them AND if he praises them so what difference does it make?

Because he didn’t want to cause a panic, he is to be excoriated.

You guys have lost it.
No because he wants to get reelected and it would hurt his "numbers" as he put it.
Penelope

Trump banned travel from China and Europe while Dems called him a racist for doing so and claimed the virus wasn't a threat. Facts vs this OP spin.

that was the only good thing he did & when was that? back in march? - weeks after it took hold?

he hasn't done a fucking thing since AND won't mask up AND is still having super spreading rallies ... AND is ignoring everything science is finding out about this virus.
What science told you this bullshit? That paper you got out of the crackerjack box doesnt count as science. If Drumpf had not stood around with his finger up his ass lying about the virus we could have gotten away without having a total shutdown.
Again.....slowly and go get mommy.....the CDC weeks ago and a study done by Penn State on the leftyvirus. Even you wackos were screaming early on that millions more had it when we didn't have testing.....go back and listen to those "tapes".....and you were right. Millions did have the virus, got over it, and are not counted in any statistic.
You dont think I'm going to listen to the claims of some retard like you do you? Post your proof.
Don't need to do your research for you, that's your problem you never research anything you just post ignorant fake articles. Its there for a simple Google search and was stated just like I said....again, it only confirms what you whiners were crying about anyway.
So you admit you have nothing. I pretty much knew that anyway. Thanks for playing.

Just reading the first two paragraphs is grounds for throwing that fatass fuck in prison. Drumpf wanted to stop testing. Can you quote the part you claimed where you said we were idiots to shut everything down? I searched the page and nothing came up. I'm waiting for your proof.
No that part is my commentary...why shut down for a virus similar to the flu? We dont shut down for the flu, or tuberculosis, or staph, or cigarette smoke...or anything so why this? The facts are the facts and trying to blame a virus on the President is as stupid as nominating Joe Biden to run.
And again.....you whined when we didn't have testing, we got it, and you whined when the increased testing resulted in more positive cases. 8% of all tested are positive for the virus that is a fact, so if you increase testing say 10 times guess what? So the President, tired of your constant whining, said stop testing if you dont want more cases.
We never had adequate testing because Trump couldn't deny the numbers if we had, so we still cannot identify sick workers/students to have them stay home, so whenever there's an attempt to open up, the virus spreads. Because of Trump, we will remain in this pattern until we either have a vaccine or we have enough community spread, and more hundreds of thousands dead, to achieve herd immunity. No other country in the developed world has failed so spectacularly with a very contagious, but relatively containable, disease.

Penelope

" No that part is my commentary...why shut down for a virus similar to the flu? "

"What science is finding out now is that we were idiots to shut everything down."

I specifically said your bullshit wasnt science. There is a reason I asked you for proof. Its because I knew you didnt have a fucking clue about your "commentary".
Okay....really slowly.....the science is what I showed you. That proves the virus to be much less dangerous than you libbers pretended. Then, I said, the science has proved it was silly to shut down the economy and put millions out of work. I think maybe a trip to Ox to see if the Wizard has a brain for you might be in order....

There is nothing left to be said.
Are you that naive? I for one already knew that our President and countries leader, Donald J Trump, ( Yes he is President so get over it already) was keeping the actual severity of the pandemic from the public, for just the reason he espoused in the interview. He didn not want to panic the American people unnecessarily. That's what a leader does. I suppose you actually think great leaders like General George Washington at Valley Forge or General Ulysses S Grant in the Civil war or General Patton in World War 2 battles they were in, told their troops the whole truth about how dire things were? Grow up. Great leaders take that weight onto their own shoulders. They don't burden those they lead with it. You also realize that the "experts" with the "science" were also lying when they originally said we didn't, and in fact shouldn't, wear masks, don't you? Or are you naive to that as well? You know why? Because they didn't have enough PPP for the essential workers and medical professionals thanks to the negligence and nonfeasance of the Obama/Biden administration. Their failure to ensure proper stockpiles of said supplies left the counrty ill equiped for the pandemic.
Yes Donald J Trump is President, and will be for 4 more years. There truly is nothing left to be said.

Penelope

oh i see - you are a knuckledragger just like yer chosen one.

I understand playing it down at first. Every President does that.
Buuut when he would say stuff directly challenging the words of others, then call them whatever, is horrible.
Trump is a pos. But thats American politics. They are all pos. Some just more than others.
God forbid we elected an honest man of integrity.

Report was debunked. Fake News.
Next...
It's on tape. Read the article.
Tapes can be FAKED. LOL

Trump may win. I never thought the gop would let blacks vote in Fla and Ga. I never even considered a Biden win until the gop "convention." Can Trump win by simply running on the "RACE RIOTS" card? Maybe. Most still approve of him on the economy.

But yeah, Woodward has the hard evidence that Trump lied about the danger of Corvid, and he continues to lie.

We'll see if that's enough. Along with denigrating service people who sacrificed everything.
Biden
Yikes. On tape this time. Oh well, it won't matter.
I was right, unfortunately.

I've never seen anything like this. They're robots. They're afraid to hold him accountable for anything.

cult45.
We are living in a world where in most little leagues, all teams get a trophy. So it seems like "cult 45" for realities of a guy who at times talks like he is on the street. That is him. Always will be.

Penelope

we are still in phase 2 & our hospitalizations/death rate is <1%. the threshold is 5% ... so we are doing quite well by listening to the scientists.

that sturgis super spreader event a few weeks ago has sparked +/- 250,000 new cases.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

'merika! fuck ya!

Last edited:

There is a lot more to be said. Trump shut down travel from China on Feb 2nd. That right there shows he knew it was worse than the flu. It doesn't matter he was trying to stay positive, does it. He was LYING!!!! What a bunch of shit. If you can't read between the lines on something so simple, you're an idiot.

The world knew by January 20th.

Another big nothing burger brought to you by TDS.

Because he didn’t want to cause a panic, he is to be excoriated.

You guys have lost it.
No because he wants to get reelected and it would hurt his "numbers" as he put it.
Penelope

And again.....you whined when we didn't have testing, we got it, and you whined when the increased testing resulted in more positive cases. 8% of all tested are positive for the virus that is a fact, so if you increase testing say 10 times guess what? So the President, tired of your constant whining, said stop testing if you dont want more cases.
We never had adequate testing because Trump couldn't deny the numbers if we had, so we still cannot identify sick workers/students to have them stay home, so whenever there's an attempt to open up, the virus spreads. Because of Trump, we will remain in this pattern until we either have a vaccine or we have enough community spread, and more hundreds of thousands dead, to achieve herd immunity. No other country in the developed world has failed so spectacularly with a very contagious, but relatively containable, disease.
No...you have 89 million tests and an 8% positivity rate with a very very few serious cases, .005% to be exact...so more hundreds of thousands will never die from this flu virus. Almost anyone can be tested now with results back in less than 2 days. Now I admit there are problems with the testing....people who showed to test and changed their minds and left getting positive results back later, and so on. But the stats are what we have and the more testing we do just lowers the mortality rate.....8% in the beginning with Killer Cuomo to 2.9% now.

Penelope

we are still in phase 2 & our hospitalizations/death rate is <1%. the threashold is 5% ... so we are doing quite well by listening to the scientists.

that sturgis super spreader events a few weeks ago has sparked +/- 250,000 cases.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

'merika! fuck ya!
We are doing well by offering tests to almost everyone.....showing millions have the virus or had it and never knew it, making the statistics more reliable.

Penelope

Okay....really slowly.....the science is what I showed you. That proves the virus to be much less dangerous than you libbers pretended. Then, I said, the science has proved it was silly to shut down the economy and put millions out of work. I think maybe a trip to Ox to see if the Wizard has a brain for you might be in order....
Sorry Oz

Next...
Tapes can be FAKED. LOL

Trump may win. I never thought the gop would let blacks vote in Fla and Ga. I never even considered a Biden win until the gop "convention." Can Trump win by simply running on the "RACE RIOTS" card? Maybe. Most still approve of him on the economy.

But yeah, Woodward has the hard evidence that Trump lied about the danger of Corvid, and he continues to lie.

We'll see if that's enough. Along with denigrating service people who sacrificed everything.
Biden
Yikes. On tape this time. Oh well, it won't matter.
I was right, unfortunately.

I've never seen anything like this. They're robots. They're afraid to hold him accountable for anything.

cult45.
We are living in a world where in most little leagues, all teams get a trophy. So it seems like "cult 45" for realities of a guy who at times talks like he is on the street. That is him. Always will be.

what?

Next...
Tapes can be FAKED. LOL

Trump could definitely win. Not a good reflection on the country or the Democratic Party.
Actually, it's only a reflection on the democratic party, their policies and their well of leadership that has run dry.

Penelope

Your claim was that we were fools for shutting down and cited science as specifically saying it. Again I point you to your own words.

Nothing in that claim says anything about how dangerous it is. We can debate the merits about how dangerous it is or isn't but based on science its very dangerous specifically due to the the effectiveness with which it spreads. Face it. I called your bullshit and you got caught in a lie. You also need to face the fact that fat ass lied to you and all americans about the virus.

Next...

They don't need no stinking proof. Debunked fake news is all they need.

Forum List

Back