Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

Of course he is lying. He doesn't believe in free speech.

PALESTINIAN STUDENTS EXCEPTION TO FREE SPEECH

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL
we don't fund the NFL now do we?

god damn you're just a terminal trollboy.

We DO FUND THE NFL. Cities across the country use PUBLIC MONEY to finance and subsidize their new stadiums all the time.
then vote no when it comes up in your town.

the federal government does not fund the NFL.

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring U.S. colleges to protect free speech on their campuses or risk losing federal research funding.

The new order directs federal agencies to ensure that any college or university receiving research grants agrees to promote free speech and the exchange of ideas, and to follow federal rules guiding free expression.

“Even as universities have received billions and billions of dollars from taxpayers, many have become increasingly hostile to free speech and to the First Amendment,” Trump said at a White House signing ceremony. “These universities have tried to restrict free thought, impose total conformity and shut down the voices of great young Americans.”
---
see link for the rest of the story.

but good. if they're not going to allow both sides equal time, then no $ for you.

Trumpism is Authoritarianism.
then what is it when the left tells the right they can't speak their minds on campus?
normal fascism?

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Thursday requiring U.S. colleges to protect free speech on their campuses or risk losing federal research funding.

The new order directs federal agencies to ensure that any college or university receiving research grants agrees to promote free speech and the exchange of ideas, and to follow federal rules guiding free expression.

“Even as universities have received billions and billions of dollars from taxpayers, many have become increasingly hostile to free speech and to the First Amendment,” Trump said at a White House signing ceremony. “These universities have tried to restrict free thought, impose total conformity and shut down the voices of great young Americans.”
---

but good. if they're not going to allow both sides equal time, then no $ for you.

Did he tell CHRISTIAN COLLEGES that they will lose THEIR federal funding if they don't protect free speech?
Under Trumps mandate, will Christian Schools be required to accept Pro Choice speakers?
Do you have an example of a far left loon being denied speech at a Christian college?

‘Liberty’ University? When It Comes to Free Speech, It’s Anything But.

In 2016, Falwell himself censored an anti-Trump column in Liberty’s student newspaper, preventing publication of criticism of the Access Hollywood tape where Trump made grotesque comments about grabbing women. This censorship came only a week after Falwell released a statement celebrating Liberty’s commitment to free expression.

How much federal funding does Liberty receive?
In liberish the word is Zip

Is the Trumpybear offering grants for security for our students, or do they expect the Universities or the States to pick up the tab to ensure that all our children are safe on campus when controversial or extreme Pundants are invited by a Student Group.?

Disrespecting the US flag and National Anthem isn't free speech, its an insult to those who died in-service to the country.
It has nothing to do with BLM.
Neither is antifa rioting "free speech"
Nor is hitting conservatives with pies "free speech"
Nor is indoctrinating college kids into liberalism using grades as leverage "free speech"
Why do you have a problem presenting both liberalism and conservatism fairly, since tax dollars are involved?

when you salute the flag,you are saluting the CIA and our corrupt government who is out to kiss us all.:abgg2q.jpg:

I tip my hat off the NFL players who kneel.i ALWAYS leave to go to the restroom when they play the national anthem,i am not about to salute our corrupt government and CIA that starts wars around the world.LAND OF THE FREE? Uh this is no free country,its th eland of the OPPRESSED.
My policy for the America-hating players is,

If you take a knee, break a knee

then we will all have something to cheer about

as i said,i am WITH the kneelers,not with trump.
great.

but if they have a right to kneel, i and others, including trump, have the right to say it's stupid and an embarrassment.

if you're going to protect the right, protect the right. not a section of people using it in a manner you happen to approve of.

Is the Trumpybear offering grants for security for our students, or do they expect the Universities or the States to pick up the tab to ensure that all our children are safe on campus when controversial or extreme Pundants are invited by a Student Group.?
so you don't read the story - you just dive straight into snarkshit?

got it.

EO's are the realm of the lazy. If something is worth doing, fight to actually get it made into something enforceable.
with how crappy our congress / senate is these days, EO's are about all that are left to put any policy into place.

it sucks. i hated it when obama did it and not a fan of trump doing it. we're bypassing the very systems that are supposed to keep us in check - ALL SIDES - and making excuses for why it's ok.

sooner or later the dog knock over the house of cards and you wind up with a new TV vs. a canoe or sewing machine.

I disagree. Few supported Reagan's action to get us out of the stagflation when he became president. He lead though. He made his arguments. He got what he wanted. You can argue on either side whether he was a good president or not BUT he was a leader.

Trump is not.

sure the feds do. why don't you know that? funny, you're asking for safety from the same fascists you support. too fking funny.

so you don't read the story - you just dive straight into snarkshit?

got it.
Right? I can't believe how much the left doesn't understand about human activity. no wonder they want it to die.

---

Did he tell CHRISTIAN COLLEGES that they will lose THEIR federal funding if they don't protect free speech?
Liberty University in Virginia invited and allowed Bernie Sanders to speak back in 2016....its a christian university.

Does the NFL get federal funding? Does the NFL purport to be open spaces for the free exchange of ideas?
What right does Trump have to condemn free speech in the NFL while condemning colleges for doing the same?

A speaker spews hate about Muslims, Mexicans and Gays and a College says he is not welcome

A football player silently protests police killings of African Americans and the President is outraged

Because the two situations are in no way related?

And it isn't speakers spewing hate, and even if it was, let them speak. the best disinfectant is sunlight, not shadows.

The speakers being denied are being CALLED fascists, but are in no way, shape, or form, fascist.
Who has been denied the right to speak lately? I am sure you'd all be whining about it nonstop if anyone had. The reason for the denials is usually concern about riots/out of control protests that make security impossible and puts students at risk.

Does the NFL get federal funding? Does the NFL purport to be open spaces for the free exchange of ideas?
What right does Trump have to condemn free speech in the NFL while condemning colleges for doing the same?

A speaker spews hate about Muslims, Mexicans and Gays and a College says he is not welcome

A football player silently protests police killings of African Americans and the President is outraged

Because the two situations are in no way related?

And it isn't speakers spewing hate, and even if it was, let them speak. the best disinfectant is sunlight, not shadows.

The speakers being denied are being CALLED fascists, but are in no way, shape, or form, fascist.
Who has been denied the right to speak lately? I am sure you'd all be whining about it nonstop if anyone had. The reason for the denials is usually concern about riots/out of control protests that make security impossible and puts students at risk.
why was anyone denied? why is lately important?

Disrespecting the US flag and National Anthem isn't free speech, its an insult to those who died in-service to the country.
It has nothing to do with BLM.
Neither is antifa rioting "free speech"
Nor is hitting conservatives with pies "free speech"
Nor is indoctrinating college kids into liberalism using grades as leverage "free speech"
Why do you have a problem presenting both liberalism and conservatism fairly, since tax dollars are involved?
Supreme Court says it is

I agree that every American can kneel or sit during the National Anthem as "free speech".
But it is disrespectful and has nothing to do with BLM.
Fans can show their displeasure by not buying tickets or booing, look at what happened to the unemployed Kaepernick, kneeling isn't a good idea is it? The owners can black list players that hurt the team's finances.
Free speech is free speech whether you agree with it or not.

Funny how he takes the direct-opposite position with the media, innit.

Rump doesn't allocate that funding anyway. If you believe this, he's got a bridge for sale too. Nice bridge. Goes nowhere.

How much federal funding does the NFL receive annually, on average?

Ah, you mean from the Pentagon, pimping those jingo displays?

NFL actually sent that money back. I think it was something like three-quarters of a million at the time.

If I pay my money to see a football game or a play I am paying to to see the players or actors show their skill. I am not paying to see or hear their personal opinion. If NFL players want to go to a nearby college campus and kneel in front of a flag, go for it.

Forum List

Back