🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Orders Sweeping Crackdown on Homeless Camps in California

like a poster said in that article i hope trump is able to do what the state and local officials in california have failed to all these years.

No you didn’t. Why not point to me what post number? I’ll wait.

What I have said repeatedly. Homelessness is not exclusive to any particular areas, but Republicans seem to be able to deal with the problem so that they don't have tent cities or crap on the sidewalks.

Very funny. Deflection time.

I asked what post number? You gave me something else.

Republicans are worthless here in California. This is the reason republicans can’t win here in Ca.

Well instead of me running back and finding the post number, it was much easier for me to repeat what I said. This is a reason you should have Republicans running your state instead. It's called pragmatism.

California is a welfare state. That's why Republicans can't win anything there.

There are homeless people in areas manage by Republicans. If I read your arrogance there should be no homeless in Republican controlled areas. Sadly there are.

California is a homeless state yet we donate $600 billions to federal gov. Yet we are the 5 or 6th largest economy in the world. Yet we are the most visited states in US. Ohio is what?

Your solution is unbelievable very funny. Tell them to go away and jail time. Why didn’t I think of that?

They don’t even come close to peoples problems to other city like LA vs Ft Worth.

Republicans in general are totally worthless to me. They don’t know a lot of shit but pure garbage ignorance and arrogance.

Look at your buddies here. You call them Republicans? Fuuuck.

If your state got covered with snow every winter like many others, nobody would be visiting that state. You have the weather and some nice landscape. That's why people go there.

Compared to my state of Ohio? You have over three times our population, don't forget that.

You contribute more money not only because of your population, but your cost of living is skyrocketed like many blue states. A house you can buy here for 350K would cost somebody about 1.2 mil in your state. When people have to make a lot more money than other states to get by, of course they contribute more to the feds.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
Like I keep repeating......

Problems from other states like populations, high cost of living, high cost of properties, high cost of rentals and high cost of commodities..... Differ from states to states. Thus contributes to homelessness of Californians.

Visitors flocks to cities of Ca not only the scenic view National parks.
San F. 2018 26+ millions visitors..
Los Angeles 2018 50 millions visitors.

San Francisco Travel Reports Record Breaking Tourism Outcomes for 2017, Gives Projections for 2018

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-la-tourism-record-20190115-story.html?_amp=true

I come from a third world country...when I first moved here I was shocked at the amount of homeless...later on I learned that the social fabric of America is what lead to this epidemic.
Most third world countries or at least mine, we have people with drug issues and mental illnesses in our families, it is our duty to take care of them and never give up on them. You can find one house with one person working and 5 arent...it is a duty....unlike here it is all me me me me in the image of the leader of this country.

*** 1. Some think that only Democrats that are responsible for this epedemic, what an easy cowardly way to solve a major issue.

***2. I live in LA and most homeless arent not from here, they come here mostly foe the weather and for the help they get. Remember these are Americans, poor, mentally I'll, drug addicts or in a lot of cases veterans.

1. Arrogance plus ignorance of these people are just unbelievable.

2. Some came as far as LV, Nevada, Seattle and Phoenix. My live in house sitter here in my Palm Springs house is from Seattle. Retired Iraq war veteran. found him in Los Angeles streets, college graduate in business administration, with PTSD.
I don’t have facilities in Los Angeles so they move him to San Diego. His real name is Steven, he was not a drug addict but suffering from severe PTSD, cannot afford any rents and no where to turn to but homeless. A very good decent person. Make story short he stayed at my facilities as a cook and janitor. After 3 months I got him a job in my company as decontamination guy.

Cleaning ( dirty job) returned medical instruments from hospitals. After a year (I think) he applied as a Customer Service, got the job, after training, move up making better income, got his own place with a gf. He was CS rep. for at least 3 years. Then took a vacation during one of this Mardi gra in New Orleans with his gf. Then he got hit by a drunk driver, hospitalized, on medical leave for a while, came back with a cane to walk. With lots of pain. He struggled to get back but pain in his hip for sitting too long is way too hard for him.

So he decided to retire but no place for him to stay and he can not afford an apartment by himself. At that time my live in house sitter from Puerto Rico is retiring. So I offered him the job as house sitter. He accepted the job but he did not want to get paid. He said I’ve done way too much for him. The best he can do is watch my house and my 3 Pekingese. He is getting something from veterans and disability I think. All he does is let gardeners, pool cleaners, molly maids and salt water aquarium cleaner come in and do their jobs. Then turn on my cars at least once a week.

That was 6 years ago and he is doing very well and it’s like part of my family. Only sad part ...... he is a loner.
America need more people like you.

If you can only hear the life stories of these people. It will break your heart and your soul to the core.

I ran out of tears a long time ago.

The solution to this is actually quite simple. Once Trump has completed deporting those held at the detention centers at the southern border, the homeless can be moved to those facilities. The downtown areas are then free of the homeless and they are again attractive places to go. Problem solved!
So, your idea is to put homeless people in concentration camps. Take away their freedom and liberty and force them to live in federal designated facilities and camps.
were i came from they called it..."the Projects"....

I come from a third world country...when I first moved here I was shocked at the amount of homeless...later on I learned that the social fabric of America is what lead to this epidemic.
Most third world countries or at least mine, we have people with drug issues and mental illnesses in our families, it is our duty to take care of them and never give up on them. You can find one house with one person working and 5 arent...it is a duty....unlike here it is all me me me me in the image of the leader of this country. Some think that only Democrats that are responsible for this epedemic, what an easy cowardly way to solve a major issue.

I live in LA and most homeless arent not from here, they come here mostly foe the weather and for the help they get. Remember these are Americans, poor, mentally I'll, drug addicts or in a lot of cases veterans.
they found that around 75% of the homeless in LA have lived there for quite a while...around 13% were from out of state....the rest other parts of California....

What I have said repeatedly. Homelessness is not exclusive to any particular areas, but Republicans seem to be able to deal with the problem so that they don't have tent cities or crap on the sidewalks.

Republicans are worthless here in California. This is the reason republicans can’t win here in Ca.

Well instead of me running back and finding the post number, it was much easier for me to repeat what I said. This is a reason you should have Republicans running your state instead. It's called pragmatism.

There are homeless people in areas manage by Republicans. If I read your arrogance there should be no homeless in Republican controlled areas. Sadly there are.

California is a homeless state yet we donate $600 billions to federal gov. Yet we are the 5 or 6th largest economy in the world. Yet we are the most visited states in US. Ohio is what?

Your solution is unbelievable very funny. Tell them to go away and jail time. Why didn’t I think of that?

They don’t even come close to peoples problems to other city like LA vs Ft Worth.

Republicans in general are totally worthless to me. They don’t know a lot of shit but pure garbage ignorance and arrogance.

If your state got covered with snow every winter like many others, nobody would be visiting that state. You have the weather and some nice landscape. That's why people go there.

Compared to my state of Ohio? You have over three times our population, don't forget that.

You contribute more money not only because of your population, but your cost of living is skyrocketed like many blue states. A house you can buy here for 350K would cost somebody about 1.2 mil in your state. When people have to make a lot more money than other states to get by, of course they contribute more to the feds.

Problems from other states like populations, high cost of living, high cost of properties, high cost of rentals and high cost of commodities..... Differ from states to states. Thus contributes to homelessness of Californians.

San Francisco Travel Reports Record Breaking Tourism Outcomes for 2017, Gives Projections for 2018

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-la-tourism-record-20190115-story.html?_amp=true

Then don't you think that a help might be for these people (and everybody in that state) is to find ways to stop inflation? Passing high minimum wage laws and increasing the cost of energy is no help. Because people have to make more money to afford those costs.

As a landlord I can tell you that I've never seen the rental market this hot in my life. But where you live, the primary reason for renters is they can't afford those union made homes. Supply and demand kicks in and the cost of an apartment is two to three weeks pay.

I would have let the State rot.

“Citizen activist Scott Presler: Los Angeles is worse than Baltimore.”

Trump Orders Sweeping Crackdown on Homeless Camps in California

homeless camps?

what does trump have against veterans who are homeless?

That was the same attitude in the 70's when the courts ruled that homeless people did nothing that warranted them being confined to a government facility.

Years ago when somebody couldn't take care of themselves or considered a danger, a family member or police officer would have the court hold a hearing on whether the said person should be committed or not. In most cases it was granted, and while the left considered those places crime-less prisons, it kept them off the street and from getting a gun and killing a few dozen people.

It's unfortunate that we can't do that today. But with a little luck, Trump will be reelected, put in more conservative judges, and perhaps eventually have the courts rule that we can bring back being committed for those who can't take care of themselves.

A lot of the homeless are addicts. Adopting drug laws from other countries could solve the homeless problem. Other countries execute drug offenders. Every homeless arrest involving drugs would result in an execution and there would be one less homeless person. Problem solved.

Drug Laws Around the World: Death Penalty for Drugs - DrugAbuse.com

Don’t tell me you are a Trump supporter.

The percentage of homeless with drug addiction in America is approximately 30 to 35%. So what are you going to do with the balance that don’t do drugs?
Who will do the execution?
Why execute only the homeless?
Why not execute all the drug users in America?

Let me give you an example. A couple with 2 kids making a good living supporting themselves. They don’t need or bother anybody. Husband got sick and passed away. Wife cannot support her family with her income. What do you expect she will do? We should execute her and her kids too?

Philippines is a good example of what you are talking about. They execute drug dealers and users. The sad part of that is every corrupted police are doing the shooting (murdering). They even shoot innocent people with money then planted drugs. They stopped that policy early part of 2017. Lots of police officers got rich.

I have business in Makati, Philippines

Most third world countries or at least mine, we have people with drug issues and mental illnesses in our families, it is our duty to take care of them and never give up on them. You can find one house with one person working and 5 arent...it is a duty....unlike here it is all me me me me in the image of the leader of this country. Some think that only Democrats that are responsible for this epedemic, what an easy cowardly way to solve a major issue.

I live in LA and most homeless arent not from here, they come here mostly foe the weather and for the help they get. Remember these are Americans, poor, mentally I'll, drug addicts or in a lot of cases veterans.

Well, welcome to your new third world, otherwise known as LA. Be careful where you step, careful where you sleep and careful what you eat.

Then don't you think that a help might be for these people (and everybody in that state) is to find ways to stop inflation? Passing high minimum wage laws and increasing the cost of energy is no help. Because people have to make more money to afford those costs.

As a landlord I can tell you that I've never seen the rental market this hot in my life. But where you live, the primary reason for renters is they can't afford those union made homes. Supply and demand kicks in and the cost of an apartment is two to three weeks pay.

I might agree on some of your points but MW is totally different subject here.

As far as I know like city of LA are doing their best to house these people. Like I already said 50,000 homeless people was housed last year. And still the number of homeless people increased this year.

Lots of these apartment owners, rental houses, rental rooms and rental garage are VERY greedy taking advantage of opportunities. One of my employee live in Montebello, ( Los Angeles area) detach garage, converted to studio style with his 8 yo son. Rent $1,400/month.

As far as I know like city of LA are doing their best to house these people. Like I already said 50,000 homeless people was housed last year. And still the number of homeless people increased this year.

Lots of these apartment owners, rental houses, rental rooms and rental garage are VERY greedy taking advantage of opportunities. One of my employee live in Montebello, ( Los Angeles area) detach garage, converted to studio style with his 8 yo son. Rent $1,400/month.

Speaking as a landlord, where do you think we get the money to pay the utilities of our tenants? How about the property taxes? How about the repairs that require a professional? How about house insurance or yard maintenance?

There is nothing greedy about getting the most you can from your investment, especially such a long term investment. Nobody gave a shit about us during the housing bubble when nobody was renting, and we had to drop our prices, and rent to the worst of the worst just to get people to occupy those units. I used to get emails that looked like they were written by a six year old when I advertised my places on Craig's List. Some were so bad I didn't even know WTF they were saying or asking.

My cousin got a divorce and couldn't afford to keep her home on her own in CA. They had an in-law suite that she rents out for $1,200 a month. She didn't want to rent it out, but the cost of living there doesn't even permit people to afford their own home, in spite of how long she had it. Last year at a family doing up here, she told me that inflation is so bad you can almost see changes by the week.

Wow, you want to blame the “greedy” property owners. As an example, for the Montebello area, if a house costs $625,000, after a 20% down payment of $125,000, the house payment is a mere $2356/month, property tax is $651/month, insurance is $156/month…which adds up to a mere $3163/month….not including any utilities. And of course the greedy home owner is the problem.

By cracking down of course. Isn’t that the gist of this entire thread?
We've tried the Dem way and it doesn't work. if the homeless continue to be a pain in the butt, put them on a bus and take them out of town. if they come back, use trespassing charges to lock them up and keep them off the streets.
You Dems had your chance and failed, now it's time for the professionals to take charge.

We've tried the Dem way and it doesn't work. if the homeless continue to be a pain in the butt, put them on a bus and take them out of town. if they come back, use trespassing charges to lock them up and keep them off the streets.
You Dems had your chance and failed, now it's time for the professionals to take charge.

LOL, you going to charge people with trespassing on public property?

I do NOT BULLSHIT.

Right and monkeys fly out of your ass daily...

This is all the best you got? Like your other buddies? Typical Trump supporters. LMAO.

Instead of keep blabbering non sense.
Why don’t you prove to me where I BULLSHIT?

It’s impossible to convince a bullshitter he’s bullshitting, it falls under the oxymoron definition. Also, if you’re as serious and accurate as you claim, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be solving the worlds problems?

I’ll have a dialogue with anyone, especially people I tend to totally disagree with, but you’re not really looking for dialogue. I find some of the most interesting people that I have few parallels with, it’s a different perspective, you might want to try it...

LOL, you going to charge people with trespassing on public property?

Ever hear of loitering?

Of course Republicans crack down on the homeless. It’s not enough that they have nothing. Republicans want to punish them and really make them suffer.
If you’re suffering, then Republicans feel they’re helping you.

So do tell, how do Republicans want to do that?

Well yes, cracking down on them having tent cities on sidewalks. They can relocate to a wooded area away from the people if they want to live that way. But the better way is to have these people institutionalized or housed somewhere off the streets. A place with running water and sewers.

Forum List

Back