Trump removed from Colorado ballot

He's not subject to the 14th Amendment and the clause is not self executing.

Defend it
The court addressed the clause:

You people always make me laugh. Reminds me of CJ Roberts' ruling on the 'shared responsibility payment' where Roberts says the payment functions as a tax for constitutional purposes. He cited precedents for fines and penalties, functioning as a tax, while not exactly being taxes. None of those precedents, or the ppaca were rewritten by the Court. The IRS was not able to use it's usual tax enforcement rules on the payment issue.

From the ruling: the district court concluded, Section Three does not apply to the President. The Colorado Supreme Court ruled: Congress does not need to pass implementing legislation for Section Three’s disqualification provision to attach, and Section Three is, in that sense, self-executing.

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

No, it's what do you disagree with here: Your argument is with the ruling:

The Electors and President Trump sought this court’s review of various
rulings by the district court. We affirm in part and reverse in part. We hold as
follows:

• The Election Code allows the Electors to challenge President Trump’s
status as a qualified candidate based on Section Three. Indeed, the
Election Code provides the Electors their only viable means of litigating
whether President Trump is disqualified from holding office under
Section Three.

Congress does not need to pass implementing legislation for Section
Three’s disqualification provision to attach, and Section Three is, in that
sense, self-executing.

• Judicial review of President Trump’s eligibility for office under Section
Three is not precluded by the political question doctrine.

• Section Three encompasses the office of the Presidency and someone
who has taken an oath as President. On this point, the district court
committed reversible error.

• The district court did not abuse its discretion in admitting portions of
Congress’s January 6 Report into evidence at trial.

• The district court did not err in concluding that the events at the U.S.
Capitol on January 6, 2021, constituted an “insurrection.”

• The district court did not err in concluding that President Trump
“engaged in” that insurrection through his personal actions.

• President Trump’s speech inciting the crowd that breached the U.S.
Capitol on January 6, 2021, was not protected by the First Amendment.

The sum of these parts is this: President Trump is disqualified from holding
the office of President under Section Three; because he is disqualified, it would be
a wrongful act under the Election Code for the Secretary to list him as a candidate
on the presidential primary ballot.

We do not reach these conclusions lightly.

You're a persistent troll, I'll give you that. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Let's call a truce, eh?
Haha... a grown man saying "sorry if I hurt your feelings" on the internet. But I'm the troll?

Yes, truce. Let's change the system. Take some of the money out of it.

If Colorado can take Trump’s name off the ballot claiming he incited a insurrection despite the fact Trump hasn’t even been charged with that, then why can’t Biden be removed from a state’s ballots for influence peddling also without being charged or convicted?

Sounds totally fair to me.

View attachment 876221

Plus you accuse me of making stuff up. I wasn’t the first to think of Florida removing Joe Biden from its ballot. The candidate I would like to see as President, my Governor Ron DeSantis , also considered removing Joe Biden‘s name too.

snip

While condemning the Colorado decision, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis pondered aloud what the limiting principle would be for that policy.

“Could we just say that Biden can’t be on the ballot because he let in 8 million illegals into the country, and violated the Constitution?” he asked Wednesday at a campaign event in Iowa.

The foolish Democrats are likely going to cause Trump to win in a landslide.

The blacks will wake up and realize that Trump is being treated just like a black man. A large percentage will leave the Democrat Plantation and vote for Trump. Trump will do more for them than Biden has.

Trump supporters will turn out in mass to vote to Make America Great Again.

Liberal voters will realize they don’t want to be forced to buy Electric Vehicles as they can’t even afford groceries or gas with Biden in office.

If Trump does get reelected he doesn’t have to worry about running again. Liberals better beware.

Fair? It's about the law. Your nonsense would never get a hearing in a court of law.

That tired saw? Yeah, let's put the sitting government in charge of who can campaign against it. :rolleyes:

That'll work great. Gerrymandering redux.
The government is already in charge of who can be on ballots. So that made no sense on any level.

Reverse citizens united, and publicly fund elections. First step.

The court addressed the clause:

You people always make me laugh. Reminds me of CJ Roberts' ruling on the 'shared responsibility payment' where Roberts says the payment functions as a tax for constitutional purposes. He cited precedents for fines and penalties, functioning as a tax, while not exactly being taxes. None of those precedents, or the ppaca were rewritten by the Court. The IRS was not able to use it's usual tax enforcement rules on the payment issue.

From the ruling: the district court concluded, Section Three does not apply to the President. The Colorado Supreme Court ruled: Congress does not need to pass implementing legislation for Section Three’s disqualification provision to attach, and Section Three is, in that sense, self-executing.

No, it's what do you disagree with here: Your argument is with the ruling:

rulings by the district court. We affirm in part and reverse in part. We hold as
follows:

Section Three.

sense, self-executing.

the office of President under Section Three; because he is disqualified, it would be
a wrongful act under the Election Code for the Secretary to list him as a candidate

OK Don't bother defending it.

please don't come back as Liability with "I don't care" "Doesn't matter" and last but not the least "Irrelevant"

Sorry, but I haven't been taking whatever drugs you have today and I can't follow you whatsoever.

Words matter.

There is a reason Biden's DOJ has prosecuted over a thousand J6 defendants and hasn't charged a single one with insurrection - They could not prove it.

There is a reason Jack Smith has a gazillion counts against Trump, yet did not charge him insurrection - He could not prove it.

The conceit of this State court is absurd.
Maybe. But maybe not..... It could be the charge of election subversion is a greater penalty charge.

Smith doesn't have a gazillion charges against Trump....

most of those 91 charges come from the State initiated criminal cases....

The insurrection part is not in question, regarding the Colorado S.C. decision. What's in question is more procedural, from what I understand from the justices opinion in their dissent....

It is possible the S.C. Will differ with the Colorado decision....I honestly do not know, one way or the other...

I'll accept their decision, when they make it.

OK Don't bother defending it.
I agree with the Court. You can't argue it. You claim: "The 14th Amendment and the clause is not self executing."

The court said the clause is self executing, and describes how. How.

You make a claim with nothing to back it up.

I insert the court's words into posts to keep people like you from being able to deflect, deny...

quotes:
follows:

Section Three.

sense, self-executing.

Which is not any different. Unless you think politicians that don't actually get on any ballots raise a lot of money.

So it stands.

Now tell us how everything sucks.
Our goals are just different. You want to maintain the dominance of the shit parties. I don't.

This logic should be used to disqualify ALL Democrats and Republicans, for being members of criminal organizations. Clean slate. Let's do this!

"Democrats doing this is like your office Christmas party...getting loaded on friday nite seemed like a good idea at the time but with monday morning come the regrets"

I parphrase but you get the idea. You dem supporting guys are following idiots whose hate has overridden whatever good sense they may have

"Democrats doing this is like your office Christmas party...getting loaded on friday nite seemed like a good idea at the time but with monday morning come the regrets"

I parphrase but you get the idea. You dem supporting guys are following idiots whose hate has overridden whatever good sense they may have had. LOLOL

P01135809 boasted about grabbing Women, "By their pussy". Over20+Women have accused P01135809 of Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse/Sexual Harassment. P01135809 has been liable for the rape of E. Jean Carroll. P01135809 is a serial adulterer. He is pretty sleazy fuck tard who has zero impulse control and is what a big man he with a very small dick.

But I like how you once again proving that MAGA MAGGOTS in their hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back