🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump says no welfare checks if the brder wall is not approved

Actually this is what Trump sais:

"I will bring this country to a brink of default and total disaster unless you give me what I want."

Trump will lose this just like Republicans do every time they attempt this nonsense.
When did he say that?

Wall Street falls as Trump threatens government shutdown -
threat from President Donald Trump to shut down the government if Congress fails to fund a Mexico border wall.

Trump to Congress: Fund the Wall or I'll Shut the Government
President Trump threatened to shut down the government to fund a wall along the entire border between the United States and Mexico.

Trump threatens government shutdown over border wall funding
Trump said he would let the government shut down without appropriations for a border wall.

Thanks, Radical. I recorded the rally and watched it this morning, but it only recorded an hour, and he was still talking when it stopped. So I apparently missed one of the more interesting moments. I'm really not sure this is the right approach for finessing what he wants from Congress.

It was no "mistake" the ACA didn't get repealed, it won't be a "mistake" that the Tax Bill will not get through and it won't be a "mistake" that there will be no Wall.
We should have a fence. Won't hurt a thing.

Actually this is what Trump sais:

"I will bring this country to a brink of default and total disaster unless you give me what I want."

Trump will lose this just like Republicans do every time they attempt this nonsense.

That's called governing. Obama wouldn't know anything about that

-Geaux
Sounds like you didn't have the brains to start a $150MM company under Obama like my daughter
Or get an engineering degree and start at $90K at 23 yrs old.
Nothing to it, just need a few brains

Why were slave states given such an advantage against the majority?

Tell me, what was representation based on?

Up to 3/5ths of it, based on slavery.

That wasn't the question. What determined Representation, i.e. the number of Representatives sent to Congress?

Up to 3/5th of it based on slavery. If you had 300,000 citizens, and 500,000 slaves, you got twice the representation.

Why were slave states given such an advantage against the majority?

Tell me, what was representation based on?

Up to 3/5ths of it, based on slavery.

That wasn't the question. What determined Representation, i.e. the number of Representatives sent to Congress?

Up to 3/5th of it based on slavery. If you had 300,000 citizens, and 500,000 slaves, you got twice the representation.

There you go. Population determined Representation. So unless you are saying that the slaves should have had no standing at all it turns your argument on it's head. Is that what you're saying?

There you go. Population determined Representation. So unless you are saying that the slaves should have had no standing at all it turns your argument on it's head. Is that what you're saying?

Slaves weren't citizens. They weren't even "people" They had the standing of pigs and chickens. So unless you think the 2 million pigs and 4 million chickens in Mississippi should have gotten representation in congress, you have to concede the argument.

My problem is(and would like to hear from any one who lives close ) why would Texas want to be blocked off from a large part of the river that separates us from Mexico.

Slaves weren't citizens. They weren't even "people" They had the standing of pigs and chickens. So unless you think the 2 million pigs and 4 million chickens in Mississippi should have gotten representation in congress, you have to concede the argument.

So you ARE arguing that they should have been given no standing at all. Would that have been better than not getting our Constitution at all? There is a reason it's called the 3/5ths compromise".

My problem is(and would like to hear from any one who lives close ) why would Texas want to be blocked off from a large part of the river that separates us from Mexico.
So Texas with the rest of the USA does not go bankrupt due to illegal immigration

So you ARE arguing that they should have been given no standing at all. Would that have been better than not getting our Constitution at all? There is a reason it's called the 3/5ths compromise".

Actually i'd argue, they SHOULD have been citizens, counted 100% and given the right to vote.

But i'm TELLING you the law in effect at the time. They were not citizens, they were not people, and the 3/5ths were votes denied to slaves and GIVEN to their owners. Making it 1 man, 1.66 votes.

Actually i'd argue, they SHOULD have been citizens, counted 100% and given the right to vote.

But i'm TELLING you the law in effect at the time. They were not citizens, they were not people, and the 3/5ths were votes denied to slaves and GIVEN to their owners. Making it 1 man, 1.66 votes.

Had they been counted fully as citizens the South would have forever dominated the Political scene. Seriously, who is a slave going to vote for? Whomever massa says they should.

You pussy Republicans don't have the balls to end welfare. You needed Clinton to do it

Clinton? As in Bill Clinton? The same Bill Clinton that vetoed THE REPUBLICAN WELFARE REFORM BILL twice?
He vetoed till they got it right. I don't see any reforms happening now..

Bull. He vetoed it until just before he started his reelection campaign. Then the Republicans stuck the bill in front of him again and said "Veto it now MFr!" That's the only reason he signed it.
So he signed it? Why did you lie earlier? No one gives a fuck why you think he signed it. Either he did or he didn't.

You don't care why he signed NAFTA or that every Republican pushed NAFTA on him and said you must sign this!

Why should people eat if he doesn't get his way?
That's exactly who DT is and has been his whole life.... making this example 1,657,946 of why the hell anyone with a brain voted for this slimeball.

Had they been counted fully as citizens the South would have forever dominated the Political scene. Seriously, who is a slave going to vote for? Whomever massa says they should.

If slaves had been counted fully (meaning they were allowed to vote) they would have taken over the southern states, like mississippi.

Forum List

Back