Trump Sets Off Firestorm With Conservatives For Attack On DeSantis

Former President Donald Trump mocked Ron DeSantis at his Saturday night rally—calling the Florida governor “Ron DeSanctimonious.”

And hours later, Trump found himself in hot water with fellow conservatives who weren’t pleased that he’d taken aim at the increasingly popular DeSantis.

During his rally in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, while touting his poll numbers (from a month ago), Trump found an opening to take a swing at DeSantis, who’s quickly turned into an unofficial 2024 Republican presidential rival.

“There it is, Trump at 71. Ron DeSanctimonious at 10 percent,” Trump said. “Mike Pence at 7–oh, Mike Pence doing better than I thought.” (It’s the first time Trump’s tried out the nickname, but longtime ally Roger Stone—a fierce DeSantis critic—posted the dig about a week ago.)

" I gotta know right now, do you love me, do you need me, will you make me so happy for the rest of my life...

"Let me sleep on it, and I'll give you answer in the morning"

Your thread failed.

Trump in Florida is telling people to vote for DeSantis.

Try somewhere else.:04:

So it's bad for TRUMP to slight DeSantis just before an election, but you're okay with DeSantis palling around with never-maga rinos before his election?

Desantis is worse than Trump because he's smarter. Welcome to the new age of autocrats and Fascism wrapped in religion.

A LITTLE quirky?

Hell, Trump is a fucking dingbat.
Trump is mostly right on the big issues that swamp rat republican career politicians and democrats get wrong

Thats worth a thousand handlers telling him every word to say so that he wont offend the faint hearted

Your thread failed.

Trump in Florida is telling people to vote for DeSantis.

Try somewhere else.:04:
He needs DeSantis to win the governorship, so he can bash him for not serving his governor's term, when DeSantis declares his 2024 presidential Run!
:)

What does USMB think of this? I know DeSantis backing that "never Trumper" in CO rubbed Trump the wrong way and since then Trump has labeled him Ron DeSanctimonious but this is a distraction we don't need right now imo. To me we need to stay focused on finishing out the midterms, staying vigiliant for fuckery and not falling for divisive traps like this. I also know how Trump is and certainly seeing Ron D win BIGLY Tuesday probably stings Trump's ego a bit. Either way this isn't a good look imo.

fwEQFGFoOvmw.png

It is the way Trump operates
He does not play well with others.

It is also why DeSantis will not win
Trump will turn MAGA against him with lies and insults
MAGA will never support DeSantis

What does USMB think of this? I know DeSantis backing that "never Trumper" in CO rubbed Trump the wrong way and since then Trump has labeled him Ron DeSanctimonious but this is a distraction we don't need right now imo. To me we need to stay focused on finishing out the midterms, staying vigiliant for fuckery and not falling for divisive traps like this. I also know how Trump is and certainly seeing Ron D win BIGLY Tuesday probably stings Trump's ego a bit. Either way this isn't a good look imo.

View attachment 724125
Mistake by Trump, IMO, but everyone must decide for themselves.

Republican’s love to lose. It’s the only thing they are good at.
I can't believe people are falling for this obvious trap, Trump included..he's letting the talking heads in the media get him agitated and attacking someone who made HUGE gains for Republicans..Miami and Tampa both going red, election integrity in Florida, I support Trump but this is handing wins to the left and it's shit optics

Forum List

Back