Trump stole copywrote images for his trading cards.

You know what I think is funny as hell? Trump said that those NFT's were "based loosely on his life". Really? When did he do even a few of those things on the cards?

Guess Trump learned a few things from N. Korea. The leaders of that country write their own legends and mythology too.

Oh man. This deserves its own thread to discuss how Trump’s demands and mismanagement resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars being essentially lit on fire for the Artemis program.
Trump and Musk, saved the American Space Program....after Obama tried to surrender to Putin

You're aware that Trump just sold the rights to this name and likeness to a separate company for these cards.

"NFT INT LLC is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization, CIC Digital LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates. NFT INT LLC uses Donald J. Trump's name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Digital LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms."

If NFT INT LLC did what you are saying, then the issue is with them not Trump.

Why anyone bought these things is beyond me, but their content isn't Trumps fault.
Trump has lawyers. They must have looked into this. If some, not all, were done without consent due to Copywrite........then Trump.....who chose to go ahead with this is also responsible .

Right now we are looking at allegations only. When it does turn into possible lawsuits from any of these companies, then we will really have something to talk about.

You know what I think is funny as hell? Trump said that those NFT's were "based loosely on his life". Really? When did he do even a few of those things on the cards?

Guess Trump learned a few things from N. Korea. The leaders of that country write their own legends and mythology too.

It was an ad campaign. The company that produced these "cards" isnt owned by him. I can only guess that there was a stipulation that he had to run some sort of ad for them when he sold his name and likeness to this company.

Was this a good move for Trump seeing as he's "running for President"? No. It calls into question whether he's actually seriously running for President or just using it as a way to generate cash. It doesn't make sense that a former President wouldn't have at least a couple people around him that would keep him from doing this were he actually running for President. Even announcing as early has he did makes no sense. His "campaign" looks more and more like it's not a serious thing every day.

Copyright infringement isn't something one is "indicted" on.

You Nazis are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

Your obsessive hate ensures no thought ever pierces the recitation of party mantras.

First, you should know the meaning of "indicted". Here, let me help you out.........................

indict
verb [ T ]
LAW specialized

UK

/ɪnˈdaɪt/ US

/ɪnˈdaɪt/

If a law court or a grand jury indicts someone, it accuses them officially of a crime:
He was indicted on drug charges at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
US Five people were indicted for making and selling counterfeit currency.
Thesaurus: synonyms, antonyms, and examples
to accuse someone of something

If it is shown that Trump violated copywrite laws, he will be accused (indicted), and taken to court. If he is found guilty of the charges, he will be sentenced to whatever the courts think is appropriate.

YES. A person CAN be indicted for copywrite infringement.

You really are getting stupid in your blind defense of Trump.

Several threads on trump's silly trading cards, but none mentioned that he didn't even bother to get permission to use all those copywriten images. Some were from NASA, some were from Shuttrstock, and some were from various other sources, but regardless of where they came from, he made no effort to get permission to use them. Just another example of how trump thinks he can do anything he wants to do with no repercussions, and he's not smart enough to keep people around to tell him when he is breaking the law. Considering his past behavior, it's doubtful if he would pay any attention to warnings even if he received them.

Why do you care? Why are you even paying attention to this?

Do you own the copywritten images?

Even assuming that what you say is 100% accurate, even though there is no reason to think that, Trump is a private citizens doing his own thing. This isn't a matter that should concern you.

Obama is responsible for commercial cargo then the commercial crew program, which was half the basis for SpaceX success.

Trump tried to slam Artemis through as a vanity project resulting in colossal screw ups.
Nope, Obama is was more flexible with Putin....

How Barack Obama ruined NASA space exploration​

NASA signing $490M contract with Russia​

I don't think it is.

It's "copyrighted"
Thank you. I always doublecheck when I am questioned. You were right. The use of either is accurate, but in this case it's more accurate to use the adjective copyrighted to describe a characteristic of the images than to use copywrote to indicate what was done to them.

Trump has lawyers. They must have looked into this. If some, not all, were done without consent due to Copywrite........then Trump.....who chose to go ahead with this is also responsible .

Right now we are looking at allegations only. When it does turn into possible lawsuits from any of these companies, then we will really have something to talk about.

If I sell my name and likeness to company X Im not responsible legally for what they do with it. Will I have to suffer the political/reputational consequences? Of course but Company Y cant come after me or my companies because Co X put my face on some image Co Y had copyrighted.

Copyrights are a main part of the capitalist system which Trump regards as not applicable to him. He's probably right in that he could have become untouchable.

The political right in America is becoming it's own worst enemy by supporting Trump's disregard for the system, and encouraging other wealthy people to do the same.

And fwiw, why should copyrights dictate over freedom to do as one pleases? Regardless of the impact on others!

Here is the Nazi program.

Make an unsubstantiated claim, treat it as if it's revealed truth from GOD, and then slander your enemy based on it.

FIRST PROVE that Unlicensed images were used?

Fucking Bulldyke posts a picture with Trump in a Recollections Duster - hardly copyrighted...

You Nazis are a bunch of clowns.

First, you should know the meaning of "indicted". Here, let me help you out.........................

indict
verb [ T ]
LAW specialized

UK

/ɪnˈdaɪt/ US

/ɪnˈdaɪt/

If a law court or a grand jury indicts someone, it accuses them officially of a crime:
He was indicted on drug charges at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
US Five people were indicted for making and selling counterfeit currency.
Thesaurus: synonyms, antonyms, and examples
to accuse someone of something

If it is shown that Trump violated copywrite laws, he will be accused (indicted), and taken to court. If he is found guilty of the charges, he will be sentenced to whatever the courts think is appropriate.

YES. A person CAN be indicted for copywrite infringement.

You really are getting stupid in your blind defense of Trump.

ya'll got him this time!

It was an ad campaign. The company that produced these "cards" isnt owned by him. I can only guess that there was a stipulation that he had to run some sort of ad for them when he sold his name and likeness to this company.

Was this a good move for Trump seeing as he's "running for President"? No. It calls into question whether he's actually seriously running for President or just using it as a way to generate cash. It doesn't make sense that a former President wouldn't have at least a couple people around him that would keep him from doing this were he actually running for President. Even announcing as early has he did makes no sense. His "campaign" looks more and more like it's not a serious thing every day.

I remember when Dukakis was seriously ridiculed for wearing a tank helmet during his campaign. Now we have Trump and all his idiocy? Things have sure changed over the years.

Forum List

Back