Trump Supporters: what is the number one reason you support Trump?

Why do you support Trump?

• I agree with his policies. Please specify in a post which ones

• Whatever he'll do, he tells it like it is

• I just want a Republican to win and he's the most electible

• I won't support him unless he's the candidate, but then I will vote for him in the election

• I'll vote for Hillary over Trump

• I'll vote third party if it's Hillary v. Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.
I support Trump because he has stumpy fingers

Pity vote

This thread went to the gutter QUICK

It was inevitable considering who created it. Biggest hypocrite on the board.

Wish he'd let the results be visible without voting. Since I'm obviously not a Rumpbot I can't vote, so can't see results.
Oh well, on to more worthy threads.

Read the poll, dumb ass, there are two choices for you to chose from at the bottom. I picked one of those two

He isn't anti free trade. He is as much of a free trading capitalist as anyone. He plans on being "protectionist" so to speak and then when we get rolling, its on. At least, that's what I can tell.
Trump is a capitalist. Just not a dishonest capitalist.
However, he does have a few positions that are more left leaning. Like, he said he supported single payer like bernout. When he released his plan, it was very "conservative" though IDK lol

Why would I believe he's pro-free trade when he says he isn't? That's one of my few litmus tests, anti-freetraders are terrible for the economy. Not just because they are anti-free trade, but they think government can make better decisions than businesses can
When did he say that?

You're a good guy, Harley, and I'll look for some quotes if you really want me to, but really? He's always talking about protectionist policies, you really don't hear him say that?
That's what im saying. He wants to get us on the right track. The very essence of protectionism is to get yourself able to compete in the world market. You have to build up a market. You cant just jump in the ring and expect to beat a professional. You have to remember, he is wanting a big trade overhaul. Not just protecting American companies/workers.
There is a time for protectionism, and there is a time for free trade. Every responsible capitalist understands that. Economies fluctuate.

We're the #1 economy in the world for like a half century running, why would we need protectionism?

As a business guy, please don't restrict my opportunity and there's no way that doing so is good for the economy.

Let freedom ring! Government are idiots, don't give them more power
We don't have any jobs Kaz. We are replacing full time manufacturing jobs with stocking Chinese shit on a shelf for an artificial wage.
Americas manufacturing is high as hell. We just don't make most of it. The people are punished for trying. I want to ease restrictions on them. An American business man could only profit from import tariffs, right?
We got less rich so shitholes could be less poor. Its time we take back some of that wealth.

Why would I believe he's pro-free trade when he says he isn't? That's one of my few litmus tests, anti-freetraders are terrible for the economy. Not just because they are anti-free trade, but they think government can make better decisions than businesses can
When did he say that?

You're a good guy, Harley, and I'll look for some quotes if you really want me to, but really? He's always talking about protectionist policies, you really don't hear him say that?
That's what im saying. He wants to get us on the right track. The very essence of protectionism is to get yourself able to compete in the world market. You have to build up a market. You cant just jump in the ring and expect to beat a professional. You have to remember, he is wanting a big trade overhaul. Not just protecting American companies/workers.
There is a time for protectionism, and there is a time for free trade. Every responsible capitalist understands that. Economies fluctuate.

We're the #1 economy in the world for like a half century running, why would we need protectionism?

As a business guy, please don't restrict my opportunity and there's no way that doing so is good for the economy.

We don't have any jobs Kaz. We are replacing full time manufacturing jobs with stocking Chinese shit on a shelf for an artificial wage.
Americas manufacturing is high as hell. We just don't make most of it. The people are punished for trying. I want to ease restrictions on them. An American business man could only profit from import tariffs, right?
We got less rich so shitholes could be less poor. Its time we take back some of that wealth.

you understand that raising prices for consumers across the economy and driving up the cost of products of American companies does more harm than good, no?

When did he say that?

you understand that raising prices for consumers across the economy and driving up the cost of products of American companies does more harm than good, no?
I tend to look at long term.
You cant compete in a market when you don't have one.

The #1 economy in the world isn't a market?

You mean all those American companies in china and mexico? lol
Trumps focus is jobs. Not American companies using slave labor in shit hole countries.
Like I said, long term.

Wish he'd let the results be visible without voting. Since I'm obviously not a Rumpbot I can't vote, so can't see results.

Read the poll, dumb ass, there are two choices for you to chose from at the bottom. I picked one of those two

I can't use either one of those choices. They don't apply.

Maybe whoever made up the poll should have thought of all possibilities.

Granted I don't read every post of every thread, but I hear from Trump supporters very little reason from a policy perspective why you support Trump. I get being sick of establishment Republicans, our PC culture and those things, but to me it still comes down to policy. That's why I'd most likely be to support Cruz even though he said bone headed things. Actually, Cruz wins polls based on policy hands down.
I support Trump in the hope that he will MANAGE the country's wealth, resources and trade deals for the benefit of all citizens. I hope he is a manager...not a politician.

Trumps focus is jobs. Not American companies using slave labor in shit hole countries.
Like I said, long term.

No idea what that has to do with what I said.

Free trade is good for our economy, and that's shown in basic economics. And trusting government to make better decisions than the American people over our choices is just insane

If Trump is a candidate, you're not voting for Trump, Hillary or third party? Your only other choice is not voting. So pick third party which really means neither of the two, or don't vote, but if you're not voting, who gives a shit what you think in a poll about who you're going to vote for anyway?

If Trump is a candidate, you're not voting for Trump, Hillary or third party? Your only other choice is not voting. So pick third party which really means neither of the two, or don't vote, but if you're not voting, who gives a shit what you think in a poll about who you're going to vote for anyway?

Are you completely ignorant of how the process works?
Or can you link me to this Hillary nomination I apparently slept through?

duh.gif

Anybody know what date it is? I think I overslept by several months....

Like I said, long term.

No idea what that has to do with what I said.

Free trade is good for our economy, and that's shown in basic economics. And trusting government to make better decisions than the American people over our choices is just insane
You said number one economy. Why wouldn't companies locations not be relevant?
You keep saying "#1 economy" but ignore me when I say all of our jobs are getting replaced by part time jobs and such. Do you think nobody having a job is good for the economy?

Forum List

Back