Trump to declare national emergency

So this "national emergency" opens the door to a Democrat President issuing a national emergency on climate change (for example) in the not-too-distant future. Just a heads-up there.

This is what will continue to happen when we can't communicate like normal adults to find solutions together, and no longer expect our representatives to do the same. Just keep trying to "beat" the other "side".

Constant criminal investigations, non-stop screams of "scandal", "national emergencies", governance by executive order, on and on.

I guess everyone is okay with this.

This is all a self-inflicted wound.
And exactly how is that going to work? You can't see CO2. AGW is an unproven theory. Is the president going to tell fools like you to quit breathing and emitting CO2, ban beer, cheese, and bread?

You can prove economic impact, humanitarian issues with illegal immigration. You can't prove jack shit with AGW. It'd be easier to prove God exists.
Who cares? All that matters now is governance by Executive Order and "national emergency".

Enjoy.
Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns

This is a win for the Libs.

Trump has proven he cannot broker a deal and now has to admit he lost the battle with them.

Declaring a national emergency is a waving the white flag

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That’s weird… It looks like a bunch of LefTarded pukes agree with you. It’s almost as if you are one of them? Do you honestly believe that anybody sane expects Trump to be able to make deals with those disgusting Mexicrats?
He governs for the right people… They govern for Mexico and wetbacks...how do you bring that together?
Those people were elected. The people no longer matter to repubs eh?

Libs are going to be beside themselves !

President Donald Trump will sign the border-security agreement that heads off a government shutdown but declare a national emergency at the same time to build his proposed wall, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday. The agreement contains less money than Trump wanted but heads off another government shutdown after midnight Friday. McConnell did not give any more details of the emergency declaration while speaking on the Senate floor.

Trump will sign border bill and declare national emergency: McConnell

Trump will sign border bill and declare national emergency: McConnell

Published: Feb 14, 2019 3:10 p.m. ET
If Gramm Rudman was unconst (and the Scotus said it was) I don't see how the national emergency law survives .... unless the scotus wants to play theoretical diddlylwinks by saying "congress can change it"

And McConnell will be all for amending the law to prevent misuse to just try and force spending congress won't allocate ... as soon as a dem is potus.

It takes both houses to rescind the Presidential emergency act so really no need to change the law as far as McConnell goes. I am not sure line-item veto is a comparable situation since this could fairly well be considered "defense" and be shoe-horned into the POTUS's constitutional authority as Commander in Chief. Who knows what the Courts ultimately will do with it. There will be a California injunction issued within 24 hours of him declaring one. Just how their federal courts work.

This is a win for the Libs.

Trump has proven he cannot broker a deal and now has to admit he lost the battle with them.

Declaring a national emergency is a waving the white flag

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I see it the other way, Pelosi won a battle three weeks ago and now Trump won the war, he didn't need Pelosi at all.

Bad move on Trump's part however I saw this coming three weeks ago.

How, so?

So this "national emergency" opens the door to a Democrat President issuing a national emergency on climate change (for example) in the not-too-distant future. Just a heads-up there.

This is what will continue to happen when we can't communicate like normal adults to find solutions together, and no longer expect our representatives to do the same. Just keep trying to "beat" the other "side".

Constant criminal investigations, non-stop screams of "scandal", "national emergencies", governance by executive order, on and on.

And exactly how is that going to work? You can't see CO2. AGW is an unproven theory. Is the president going to tell fools like you to quit breathing and emitting CO2, ban beer, cheese, and bread?

You can prove economic impact, humanitarian issues with illegal immigration. You can't prove jack shit with AGW. It'd be easier to prove God exists.
Who cares? All that matters now is governance by Executive Order and "national emergency".

Enjoy.
I don’t think the founding fathers would approve...

Enjoy.
Obama could not pull that shit off with his pen and phone. Like I said, you can't issue a national emergency over a gas plants need to grow and produce food for us with.

Just Dumbassery at it's Left Tard Finest

Enjoy.

You don't know the founding fathers.

Enjoy.
Agreed. But that's where we are. Party over country.

You didn't bitch when Obungo said he had "A pen and a phone". Karma is a bitch, huh.

You republicans did sow the wind now
reap the whirlwind. suffer serious consequences as a result of your actions. This expression alludes to the proverb they that sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind Wait till a Dem becomes president and that will be soon
Don't you mean the Democrats sowed the wind and are reaping the whirlwind? Obama declared 13 national emergencies in order to exercise powers he would otherwise not have access to.
For his part, Barack Obama declared 13 national emergencies, with many of them focused on international affairs and containing foreign conflicts, the outlet reported

Only 13? :muahaha:
that's what the article said as well as one poster here
Yep, 13 and not one of them would have qualified as an emergency in the usual sense of the word, but all of them were legal under the National Emergencies Act. As long as the President follows the prescribed procedures and exercises one or more of the 123 extraordinary powers the Act allows him without the approval of Congress, anything the President says is a national emergency is a national emergency under the Act.

Enjoy.

Securing the southern border IS ACTUALLY Country over party.

As many of us predicted.

He has no choice, and politically it is going to hurt the Democrats MUCH more than if they had just given him his border wall money and spun it accordingly. Now they look petty and more concerned about their alt-left members ad a few votes from Cali and NY than they care about American National Security.

I've repeated it many times, I was shocked by how big a deal immigration was to Americans. We never heard a peep about this issues on CBC and other networks. After listening to many Americans, and Trump essentially winning on this and his trade policies (especially with China), it's clear that Americans should not be subjected to Open Borders.

Get'er done Trump! You just increased support from your base, those walking away from the Dems, and Independents. It's a political coup as some simply refuse to listen to the broader American people, rathe than few Bubbles.

God Bless America!

Enjoy.
and that's the way it's been for at least the last 26 years ,,,,starting with clinton

Enjoy.

Exactly.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea, hasn't considered the ramifications for the future...

Enjoy.

Exactly.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea, hasn't considered the ramifications for the future...
Holy crap. "Ramifications for the future"?

Are we really s'posed to be thinking about THAT?

:laugh:

Enjoy.

Exactly.

What future will you have if 50 Million illegal immigrants cross over your border and fleece your nation?

This IS a National Emergency, without question. How else can it be defined? Don't tell me you will use the Canadian PC talk and just call it "irregular immigration"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back