Trump Told Russians That Firing Nut Job Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

upload_2017-5-19_20-29-58.gif
gd-itD2nrV5sxbZrGdvG08kmXGBlVhjDvwdSWLlXlh9NGKdSfwZY_xue2mCNGuzee8ElRw=s85

• It’s late on a weekday, and that means there’s a lot more Trump/Russia news, my friends.
Vox Sentences: BREAKING — White House starting to realize they're in deep shit
  • First up: The New York Times reports that President Trump told Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and US Ambassador Sergey Kislyak (to whom he also famously leaked classified intel about ISIS), "I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I face great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off." [NYT / Matt Apuzzo, Maggie Haberman, and Matthew Rosenberg]
  • Good times. White House press secretary Sean Spicer responded to the scoop in a statement: "By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia's actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia." That's a pretty startling statement, given that it explicitly explains the decision to fire Comey in terms of the Russia investigation, which just last week the White House was denying had anything to do with the firing. [Ben Jacobs]
  • Meanwhile, the Washington Post is reporting that a current senior White House adviser is a person of interest in the FBI's investigation into coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. [Washington Post / Devlin Barrett and Matt Zapotosky]
  • The Post didn’t specify who this person is, but speculation immediately turned to Jared Kushner, who failed to disclose meetings with Russian officials in his security clearance paperwork. [NYT / Jo Becker and Matthew Rosenberg]

• It’s late on a weekday, and that means there’s a lot more Trump/Russia news, my friends.
Vox Sentences: BREAKING — White House starting to realize they're in deep shit
  • First up: The New York Times reports that President Trump told Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and US Ambassador Sergey Kislyak (to whom he also famously leaked classified intel about ISIS), "I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job. I face great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off." [NYT / Matt Apuzzo, Maggie Haberman, and Matthew Rosenberg]
  • Good times. White House press secretary Sean Spicer responded to the scoop in a statement: "By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia's actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia." That's a pretty startling statement, given that it explicitly explains the decision to fire Comey in terms of the Russia investigation, which just last week the White House was denying had anything to do with the firing. [Ben Jacobs]
  • Meanwhile, the Washington Post is reporting that a current senior White House adviser is a person of interest in the FBI's investigation into coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. [Washington Post / Devlin Barrett and Matt Zapotosky]
  • The Post didn’t specify who this person is, but speculation immediately turned to Jared Kushner, who failed to disclose meetings with Russian officials in his security clearance paperwork. [NYT / Jo Becker and Matthew Rosenberg]
Maybe Trump won't return to the US. :popcorn:

Source: New York Times
WASHINGTON President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved great pressure on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job", Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. "I faced great pressure because of Russia. Thats taken off. Mr. Trump added, Im not under investigation."

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting the day after he fired Mr. Comey reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureaus investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trumps comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

What a retard Trump is to admit to his crime.
Oh so now the left BELIEVES what is told by or to Russia....gotcha....it just depends on what FAKE news it is if they believe it or not.

WASHINGTON President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved great pressure on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job", Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. "I faced great pressure because of Russia. Thats taken off. Mr. Trump added, Im not under investigation."

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting the day after he fired Mr. Comey reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureaus investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trumps comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

When are they going to arrest these leakers and throw them.in jail?

If I was the white house I would plant false story's..to catch them

When are they going to arrest these leakers and throw them.in jail?

If I was the white house I would plant false story's..to catch them

WOW, during a democratic administration you called the leakers heroes, and put them on pedestals.

What's comey hiding ? How come he doesn't want to testify before the Senate?

We’re extremely disappointed in James Comey’s decision not to testify voluntarily before the Judiciary Committee. There is no reason he can’t testify before both the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees, particularly given that the Judiciary Committee is the FBI’s primary oversight committee with broad jurisdiction over federal law enforcement, FISA and the nomination of the next FBI director....He should reconsider his decision.”

seriously - it used to be if you got a quote, you verify it.

now all they want is a quote of someone SAYING trump said something and they report on the person who said it, not if it's real or not.

kinda some jacked up mombo shit.
Keep hoping and praying, rube.

Meanwhile:
Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

What the hell you are you on?

Comey agrees to testify in open hearing before Senate Intelligence Committee

Yet again he refuses to testify before the judiciary, can you fucking read rainbow homo?

We’re extremely disappointed in James Comey’s decision not to testify voluntarily before the Judiciary Committee. There is no reason he can’t testify before both the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees, particularly given that the Judiciary Committee is the FBI’s primary oversight committee with broad jurisdiction over federal law enforcement, FISA and the nomination of the next FBI director....He should reconsider his decision.”

Why does Trump keep spilling his guts to the Russians? Is he trying to impress them? Or, is it because they "own" him?

Who said he doesn't want to?

Yet more unsubstantiated bullshit. And the media wonders why they are held in such low regard.

LOL Now confirmed. And, again, confirmed that this poster delights more in lies than even the orange clown.

First on CNN: Comey now believes Trump was trying to influence him, source says
Source: CNN
Former FBI Director James Comey now believes that President Donald Trump was trying to influence his judgment about the Russia probe, a person familiar with his thinking says, but whether that influence amounts to obstruction of justice remains an open question.

"You have to have intent in order to obstruct justice in the criminal sense," the source said, adding that "intent is hard to prove."

Comey will testify publicly before the Senate intelligence committee after Memorial Day, the panel's leaders announced Friday.

The central question at that blockbuster hearing will be whether Comey believed the President was trying to interfere with his investigation.

Read more: Source: Comey now believes Trump was trying to influence him - CNNPolitics.com

Telling Russia he fired Comey is not a crime, asking Comey to stop the investigation of Flynn is not a crime. What crime, site the crime you have evidence that Trump committed. Mathew, you are the epitome of a left wing nut job, and to be fair, this whole thing has highlighted many of the Republican nut jobs. So happy not to be a member of either party.

Comey is no longer a federal employee, He's doing any testifying on his own time, and on his own dime. He doesn't even get car fare. Comey is already testifying both in open and closed session to the senate intelligence committee. They can share it with justice.

Trump needs to revoke the NYTimes ability to print and disseminate this seditious Bullshit. It's enough already

Forum List

Back