Trump tried to push Harris into more debates. Now he's not sure he'll do another.

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Donald Trump, who tried to push Kamala Harris into debating him by publicly accepting multiple invitations while her campaign insisted on first negotiating the terms, is now casting doubt on whether he will agree to another face-to-face meeting with his Democratic opponent.

Within moments of leaving the debate stage Tuesday night with a performance that some Republicans were quick to pan, Trump began dismissing the idea he would participate in another debate — a reversal from his previous talking point that he was willing to do several debates and that it was Harris who was hiding.

Trump viewed his first debate of the season against Joe Biden as a resounding success — not only did Republicans say he demonstrated restraint, but Biden's performance ultimately led to him stepping aside. Pushing Harris into several debates seemed like a strategic goal for Trump, fresh off the perceived win, and Harris rebuffed a request for one on Fox News in early September.

But Tuesday night's debate did not go like the earlier faceoff.

“She was exquisitely well-prepared. She laid traps, and he chased every rabbit down every hole instead of talking about the things that he should have been talking about," former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Trump ally-turned-critic, said in an interview with ABC News.

My...my how the worm has turned! Trump wanted multiple debates after his victory over Biden. But now? The guy doesn't think he needs more than one. I wonder what changed? LOL

Donald Trump, who tried to push Kamala Harris into debating him by publicly accepting multiple invitations while her campaign insisted on first negotiating the terms, is now casting doubt on whether he will agree to another face-to-face meeting with his Democratic opponent.

Within moments of leaving the debate stage Tuesday night with a performance that some Republicans were quick to pan, Trump began dismissing the idea he would participate in another debate — a reversal from his previous talking point that he was willing to do several debates and that it was Harris who was hiding.

Trump viewed his first debate of the season against Joe Biden as a resounding success — not only did Republicans say he demonstrated restraint, but Biden's performance ultimately led to him stepping aside. Pushing Harris into several debates seemed like a strategic goal for Trump, fresh off the perceived win, and Harris rebuffed a request for one on Fox News in early September.

“She was exquisitely well-prepared. She laid traps, and he chased every rabbit down every hole instead of talking about the things that he should have been talking about," former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Trump ally-turned-critic, said in an interview with ABC News.

My...my how the worm has turned! Trump wanted multiple debates after his victory over Biden. But now? The guy doesn't think he needs more than one. I wonder what changed? LOL
Trump has formerly chickened out of debating Harris, again.

That wasn't a debate. Many on the Republican side are saying we should NEVER attend one of these rigged farces again and tell Democrats to go F themselves.

That wasn't a debate. Many on the Republican side are saying we should NEVER attend one of these rigged farces again and tell Democrats to go F themselves.
Talk about bad losers.

You loved the debate between Biden and Trump because Trump won.

Trump and his MAGA minions cannot handle losing. They lie, cheat and fight to overturn his losses.

Besides that, Trump continues to lose and will be facing many more losses going forward.

He will go down as the biggest loser in US presidential hstory

Talk about bad losers.

Trump and his MAGA minions cannot handle losing. They lie, cheat and fight to overturn his losses.

Besides that, Trump continues to lose and will be facing many more losses going forward.

I issued the same WARNING about the Biden/Trump debate. Shockingly, nobody knew it was rigged to get rid of Joe Biden. Hence Joe got zero help from the moderators and they hit him with tough questions which he choked on. If this Harris bimbo had to go 90 minutes with the tough questions and follow-ups like Trump she'd break down crying.

Talk about bad losers.

So you will be fine with the next one being on Newsmax?

I will need to see video or an unedited transcript of what he said in full context before I draw any conclusion on this. I have learned to distrust anything the TDS crowd, including those TDS afflicted in the media, tell us he said as it very VERY often is something totally different than what he actually said when you put it into its proper context.

Donald Trump has done TWO Presidential Debates.

Historically, that is PAR for the course...

She’ll never agree to one that isn’t run by DNC shills like the ABC one.

Best format would be an X hosted one, just a podcast style sit down and let both talk as much as they want. But she would never agree to anything but a tightly controlled and scripted event.

She’ll never agree to one that isn’t run by DNC shills like the ABC one.

Best format would be an X hosted one, just a podcast style sit down and let both talk as much as they want. But she would never agree to anything but a tightly controlled and scripted event.
Is this the same X that crashes when there are more than 100 logging in? Yeah, frozen screens are so much fun, no?

Yes we get it, asshole Democrats are proud of the joke they have turned presidential debates into. Because Dems are assholes.
And yet just a short while ago your orange loser wanted at least 3 more debates on "Liberal" news media. Of course, that was before Kamala beat him like an old mule!

Once more... :itsok: We feel your pain.

Not much has changed. He's still a loser

I issued the same WARNING about the Biden/Trump debate. Shockingly, nobody knew it was rigged to get rid of Joe Biden. Hence Joe got zero help from the moderators and they hit him with tough questions which he choked on. If this Harris bimbo had to go 90 minutes with the tough questions and follow-ups like Trump she'd break down crying
I am glad I don't live in your world. A world dominated by fake conspiracy theories. A world driven by fear.

Yet another example of why Trump is unfit to be president – he’s fundamentally a coward.

Forum List

Back