Trump under investigation for Obstruction of Justice.

Will Mike Pense pardon Trump once he goes to prison?

It's VERY possible Crooked Donnie Small Hands will pardon Flynn

You know Seawytch, looking over your 7 charts, this person met this person, this person met that person, worked here, had a fundraiser there, was married to this person, was run by that person, NONE OF THAT CRAP means anything! It doesn't prove anything. Affluent people GET AROUND. They travel the world! At best it proves that there are 129,000,000 Russians living in this world and they can show up anywhere, JUST LIKE Jews, Germans, Muslims, and Italians! Get your pecker out of your hand and DEAL WITH IT.

It's VERY possible Crooked Donnie Small Hands will pardon Flynn

You know Seawytch, looking over your 7 charts, this person met this person, this person met that person, worked here, had a fundraiser there, was married to this person, was run by that person, NONE OF THAT CRAP means anything! It doesn't prove anything. Affluent people GET AROUND. They travel the world! At best it proves that there are 129,000,000 Russians living in this world and they can show up anywhere, JUST LIKE Jews, Germans, Muslims, and Italians! Get your pecker out of your hand and DEAL WITH IT.

Nope, nothing has been proven to the public...yet. It's why we're having an investigation. Be patient.

The worst case scenario for the GOP is Trump is removed, we get another Republican as President. Now, if the new GOP president gets into office, the voters will likely give him another shot and the Dems are stuck with 8 years of a Republican and people that will probably turn on the Democrats for pushing for impeachment.

Had Clinton been removed from office, the people would have voted for Gore in large numbers. There is a risk of backlash from these types of moves.
I disagree. I think the worst outcome for the GOP and the best for democrats, is the investigation drags on for months and Trump continues to act exactly as he has for last 6 months. That can hurt the GOP in the midterms and weaken Trump support.

The best outcome for the GOP and the worst for Democrats, is a quick completion of the investigation regardless of whether it exonerates Trump or get's him impeached. Republicans in congress would find Pence must easier to deal with than Trump and less likely to cause the kind of problems Trump has caused.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.
Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Let me explain this to you one more time. There has to have been a crime for an obstruction of justice charge.

Please tell me what the crime is!

You cannot have the latter without the former.

I just hope all of you liIbs remembered to get your fishing licenses renewed!
Multiple potential and suspected crimes were being investigated by the FBI in regards to withholding information about meetings with Russian officials where classified data or inappropriate and illegal business dealing may have been discussed. Also being investigated were allegations of collusion to interfere with elections.
A point of fact is that a crime need not have been committed. The obstruction of investigators to ascertain whether a crime was committed or not is sufficient to bring about an obstruction charge.

A point of fact is that a crime need not have been committed.

Sorry, Loser, but that is EXACTLY WHAT MUST HAVE OCCURRED! What a jackass! If no evidence of a CRIME is found, the investigate is DROPPED. The only thing the FBI or special counsel is interested in or can prosecute on is a FUCKING CRIME. NO CRIME, NO MATTER. Get it?

Moron.
Even if the Special Council finds compelling evidence of obstruction by Trump, he may be shielded from prosecution but not impeachment. Most probably Mueller will released a report of the investigation when it is complete, similar to the Comey report on the Clinton email investigation.
You're living in a dream state, the left has hypnotized you. There's no collusion, after Comey they dropped it, so why would Trump try to block an investigation into it? Makes zero sense. You're being sold a bill of goods, they are just trying to keep the noise alive for the midterms.

The best outcome for the GOP and the worst for Democrats, is a quick completion of the investigation regardless of whether it exonerates Trump or get's him impeached. Republicans in congress would find Pence must easier to deal with than Trump and less likely to cause the kind of problems Trump has caused.
LOL, I like what he's done so far, so does his base. If the GOP tried they would be DEAD. Hang on junior, it's going to be a rough ride!

Well considering that after 18 months of 24-7 surveillance on President Trump and his staff produced nothing, and 11 months of investigations by 5 different groups produced absolutely nothing, not only are they stupid enough to beat their heads against a wall, but they are DISHONEST enough to keep a WITCH HUNT ABOUT NOTHING GOING for as long as they can before someone with sense tells them to Sit THE PHUCK DOWN and STFU, it's over.
TREE Don't you know Trump has dirty hands that he's always been an under the table guy with law firms to keep him out of going to jail He's a fn land lord as dishonest as they come

I only know that you are dirty and dishonest and that 47% of the country pays no taxes, with their hands out under the table waiting for the next installment of "more free stuff."

Talk about buying an election?

My opinion is, that if you don't pay taxes, and aren't an American citizen, that you should not be allowed to vote.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

If you don't like that idea, then let every American Citizen vote whether they pay taxes or not, but require Voter ID.

Are you really sofa king stupid to think that all that 47% votes Democrat?
And some of our biggest corporations pay no taxes
but every one of their employees do. it's where revenue comes from. So encourage more employees to get more revenue. why is that difficult for you?

BTW, if the corporations could get the 47% to work, they'd all pay into the system and guess what, even more fking revenue.

If they pay minimum wage or even a little above, their employees would not pay income tax. There are a lot of working families in that 47%.

Mueller is a lifelong republican first appointed by Reagan and later by H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. I doubt he takes any pleasure in opening an investigation that may end the current republican president's term in office.

Trump might well survive charges that his campaign colluded with the Russians, but not Obstruction of Justice. Unless Mueller finds no evidence of obstruction, Trump will be hurt political just as Clinton was. Republican congressmen must be questioning whether Trump is becoming more of a liability than an asset.

Let me explain this to you one more time. There has to have been a crime for an obstruction of justice charge.

Multiple potential and suspected crimes were being investigated by the FBI in regards to withholding information about meetings with Russian officials where classified data or inappropriate and illegal business dealing may have been discussed. Also being investigated were allegations of collusion to interfere with elections.
A point of fact is that a crime need not have been committed. The obstruction of investigators to ascertain whether a crime was committed or not is sufficient to bring about an obstruction charge.

Sorry, Loser, but that is EXACTLY WHAT MUST HAVE OCCURRED! What a jackass! If no evidence of a CRIME is found, the investigate is DROPPED. The only thing the FBI or special counsel is interested in or can prosecute on is a FUCKING CRIME. NO CRIME, NO MATTER. Get it?

Moron.
Even if the Special Council finds compelling evidence of obstruction by Trump, he may be shielded from prosecution but not impeachment. Most probably Mueller will released a report of the investigation when it is complete, similar to the Comey report on the Clinton email investigation.
You're living in a dream state, the left has hypnotized you. There's no collusion, after Comey they dropped it, so why would Trump try to block an investigation into it? Makes zero sense. You're being sold a bill of goods, they are just trying to keep the noise alive for the midterms.
When did they drop the investigation in the Russian interference?

Moron.
When did they find anything?

LOL, I like what he's done so far, so does his base. If the GOP tried they would be DEAD. Hang on junior, it's going to be a rough ride!
What has he done?

And federal law allows peoples perceptions to drive their interpretation. That as long as their interpretation is reasonable, it's the one they use. So if somebody tells you to meet them outside. If you perceive that as a threat, then it's a threat.
Except it boils down to Comey's speculative word against Trump's word....fail.
but who has the credibility? Why did he clear the room?

Moron.
You said they dropped it. Did you lie?

Moron.
You can't read.

You can't read.
I read this: "here's no collusion, after Comey they dropped it,".

WTF did you read.

Okay...Well that the WaPo says so doesn't exactly make it be so, but it does suggest there's a better chance now than before now that it is so. Did Mueller or one of his team explicitly say that is the case? If so, well, then, it is indeed so.

If they leaked that information, whoever it is, Trump should fire them as they are no better than those they are allegedly investigating for leaks,
That's a different matter than whether Trump is under investigation for possible obstruction of justice.

I don't know the extent to which the general public has a need to know whether Trump is under investigation for possibly having obstructed justice. That is what it is, but as the information has been released, it's moot whether extant be the public's need to know that.

What I strongly believe is that many of the people -- without regard to their political affinity -- who will attempt to discount the significance of Trump's being under investigation for a felony are the same people who feel that if a liberal is under investigation for something, s/he is guilty of that for which they under investigation, and that's with regard to subjects who don't have a long track record of being shady, actually breaking laws, lying about things great and small, pretending to be someone they literally are not, etc. What will they think about this latest revelation?

I know what has always been my position in such situations, so I don't have a dissensus that compromises my integrity because of what I think about Trump as a result of his being investigated for possibly having committed a (or several) felony and what I think of others whom I knew to be under investigation for possibly having committed felonies. Of course, that only is so because I'm principled, not partisan.

For about the 10th time in this thread alone, you cannot obstruct justice if no crime is committed.
Obstruction of justice
Obstruction of justice is defined in the omnibus clause of 18 U.S.C. § 1503, which provides that "whoever . . . . corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)." Persons are charged under this statute based on allegations that a defendant intended to intefere with an official proceeding, by doing things such as destroying evidence, or intefering with the duties of jurors or court officers.

A person obstructs justice when they have a specific intent to obstruct or interfere with a judicial proceeding. For a person to be convicted of obstructing justice, they must not only have the specific intent to obstruct the proceeding, but the person must know (1) that a proceeding was actually pending at the time; and (2) there must be a nexus between the defendant’s endeavor to obstruct justice and the proceeding, and the defendant must have knowledge of this nexus.

§ 1503 applies only to federal judicial proceedings. Under § 1505, however, a defendant can be convicted of obstruction of justice by obstructing a pending proceeding before Congress or a federal agency.
Source

So, can you glean from that information that neither of those requirements were satisfied by firing Comey?
Really? That's the question you have for me in response to the information I shared? I think I've overestimated you.
  • Did it cross your mind that firing Comey need not be the sole manner in which Trump may have acted to obstruct justice? (These are the actions/words that go directly to intent.)
  • Did you not hear about Trump having explicitly stated to the Russians that firing Comey would reduce the pressure flowing from the "Russia" investigation?
  • Do you think Trump is unaware that an investigation (the proceeding) to determine the nature and extent of his and his (current and/or former) staff's interactions and relationship with Russian officials is underway?
  • Do you think Trump is unaware of the potential nexus (it won't be an actual nexus until investigators show that to be so in court and that attestation is accepted as extant, or having been so, by a judge and/or jury) between his and/or his staff's interactions with Russian officials.
The :"Russia" investigation is just that, an investigation, the point of which is to determine whether laws have been broken and by whom. During the investigation, nobody who matters is asserting that a crime has been committed. Such an assertion is called a "charge" or "indictment," and nobody has yet been charged, and nobody will be until the investigation is complete or substantially complete enough that the information obtained warrants levying a charge(s).

Enjoy your nothing-burger.

Oh no, the COLLUSION shtick didn't find any foothold, so now the LibTards have moved onto Gambit #2: Obstruction.

Moron.

Why should anyone listen to anything you say?

It Special "Counsel", not council!

The "investigate is dropped"! WTF, over?

Learn the English language before you embarrass yourself further!

Your ignorance of politics is not the only thing making you a lib!

Yes....and Comey, the (again) politically motivated / biased disgruntled, recently fired ex Director of the FBI who perjured himself and self-identified as an FBI procedure violating leaker. As I said, tough call on who to believe. In the end it boils down to 'he said - he said'. Draw.

Poll: Voters trust Comey over Trump

Poll: Voters trust Comey over Trump

Morning Consult poll, conducted in the days following Comey’s appearance before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, 45 percent of voters said they trust Comey more to tell the truth, compared with 32 percent for Trump

Polls said Hillary would win in a landslide.

You can't read.
I read this: "here's no collusion, after Comey they dropped it,".

WTF did you read.
The narrative has moved on since the Comey nothingburger. So they shifted gears. You have NO facts.

The trump cult is in denial and reduced to simply repeating trump's marching orders and talking points, no matter how ridiculous they are.

The President's son in law lied on his application for national security clearance. That is a felony that is punishable by incarceration in a federal prison. The evidence of this crime is the actual application that was signed and submitted by the son in law. His signature on a federal document with a warning of the penalties for not filling it out honestly, not filled out honestly is in the possession of the Special Counsel.

Similar situations exist with other trump associates. People close to trump are being accused and investigated for real and genuine crimes. Any effort to hinder those investigations can be interpreted as an attempt to obstruct justice.

Oh you poor sad delusional snowflake. :p

Who is going to prosecute Trump based on the recommendation of a completely compromised, anti-trump 'stacked deck' Counsel?
Stacked deck?

Republicans picked him. Imagine who you would have gotten if Dems got to make the pick?

Forum List

Back