Trump Voters in Kentucky first to be hurt by Change in Medicaid Policy

Making able bodied moochers work is a bad thing?

They already work, shithead.

It's the paper work they have to do now that will screw them over.

Jeez, try reading and understanding before commenting.

Oooh they have to do paper work!!!

Oh the horrors!!!!

I thought you conservatives didn't like regulations...you know the job-killing red tape. I suppose it's wrong for rich corporations to have to fill out unnecessary paper work, but its ok for poor people raising a family and managing an household.

You're trying to equate regulations with paper work to sustain Medicaid?

Sheesh you're an idiot

No, you are the idiot, if you don't understand how this rule change is a regulation.

Making able bodied moochers work is a bad thing?

They already work, shithead.

It's the paper work they have to do now that will screw them over.

Jeez, try reading and understanding before commenting.

Oooh they have to do paper work!!!

Oh the horrors!!!!

I thought you conservatives didn't like regulations...you know the job-killing red tape. I suppose it's wrong for rich corporations to have to fill out unnecessary paper work, but its ok for poor people raising a family and managing an household.

You're trying to equate regulations with paper work to sustain Medicaid?

Sheesh you're an idiot

No, you are the idiot, if you don't understand how this rule change is a regulation.

Weak sauce

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/13/kentucky-to-add-medicaid-work-requirement-first-state-to-follow-trump-plan.html

Kentucky probably benefited more than any other state from Obamacare. Uninsured rates fell from 40% to 9%.

Now, Trump changed the rules and will let states force able-bodied adults to prove they work so they will be eligible for Medicaid. Kentucky became the first state to do this under the new rule.

This will most effect counties in Kentucky that had the highest percentage of Trump voters.

Most non-disabled people on Medicaid already work. The new rule makes them fill out paper work at least once a month to prove they are working. If they mess up the paper work, temporarily are between jobs, or forget to fill it out, they will be locked out of Medicaid for 6 months.

Sounds like a colossal nuisance and an excuse for the state to cut people off from Medicaid, so they can save money.

I wonder if the Chumps who voted for Trump will still vote for him after this.
I have an idea..
Stop being a victim of liberalism, get a fucking Job, you know that President Trump inherited from Obama, and stop using Uncle Sugar to make ends meet. Time to man up and make something of yourself, achieving personal satisfaction instead of slavery to the government. Shut the welfare state down, and soon everyone will be working, and put the 1 trillion dollars saved to the debt and in 21 years, there would be no debt.

War on poverty cost
The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion
www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=25288

I have an idea for you.

Learn how to write a coherent sentence.
When I was in High Schrool(public but not indoctrination stations yet) I didn't do well in English. But I did learn over the time all about the Rules for Radicals and how a worthless liberal instead of debating the issue will divert it to the poster to put him/her/it on the defensive. Notice how it is being played right now by the worthless fuck?

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...

"...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments....
So I just ignore the dumbass liberal(redundant statement) and continue to talk about the issues .

You didn't even address my point, you stupid idiot.
Calls me an idiot yet votes for the very people that keep the poor, poor. Bwaaahhhhaaaa, calling the kettle black I see..

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/13/kentucky-to-add-medicaid-work-requirement-first-state-to-follow-trump-plan.html

Kentucky probably benefited more than any other state from Obamacare. Uninsured rates fell from 40% to 9%.

Now, Trump changed the rules and will let states force able-bodied adults to prove they work so they will be eligible for Medicaid. Kentucky became the first state to do this under the new rule.

This will most effect counties in Kentucky that had the highest percentage of Trump voters.

Most non-disabled people on Medicaid already work. The new rule makes them fill out paper work at least once a month to prove they are working. If they mess up the paper work, temporarily are between jobs, or forget to fill it out, they will be locked out of Medicaid for 6 months.

Sounds like a colossal nuisance and an excuse for the state to cut people off from Medicaid, so they can save money.

I'm not understanding why 20 hours per week for non-working, able bodied adults to qualify for MedicAid is a problem.

BTW - If you are between Jobs you can volunteer to meet the requirement.

>>>>

I'm not understanding why 20 hours per week for non-working, able bodied adults to qualify for MedicAid is a problem.

>>>>
I would rather apply for unemployment compensation if I am simply unemployed. Simply having recourse to an income means more cost effective, market friendliness.

I would rather apply for unemployment compensation if I am simply unemployed. Simply having recourse to an income means more cost effective, market friendliness.

I know you know this, but unemployment is different than MedicAid. One does not replace the other.

(I would say though that time spend looking for work should count toward the 20 hours per week.)

>>>>

>>>>
If you are between jobs like I was, I had Cobra Insurance to cover me and unemployment that lasted 6 weeks. But Obama decided that unemployment should be 99 weeks and if you couldn't afford health insurance then with his phone and pen fucked everyone with the ACA. which was supposed to end all Medicaid.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.. MOVE ALONG...MOVE ALONG...

Shit, I typed in unemployment a second time, and the grammatical correction put Obama in place of it.. So I had to copy and paste the first unemployment to replace Obama the 2nd time. Does the computer know something I don't?

I know you know this, but unemployment is different than MedicAid. One does not replace the other.

(I would say though that time spend looking for work should count toward the 20 hours per week.)

>>>>
Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour anyway. Unemployment compensation could be the equivalent; and Individuals could be responsible for market friendliness as a custom and habit, until it becomes indistinguishable from modern morals.

>>>>
If you are between jobs like I was, I had Cobra Insurance to cover me and unemployment that lasted 6 weeks. But Obama decided that unemployment should be 99 weeks and if you couldn't afford health insurance then with his phone and pen fucked everyone with the ACA. which was supposed to end all Medicaid.

Unemployment compensation should only end when someone hires you and is willing to pay taxes on your endeavors.

#1 Just because you are between jobs does not mean you get COBRA. You had to have been on your previous employers health insurance policy to qualify for CORBA and then you have to pay the full-premium. Using my employer as an example for single coverage the employee cost is $200 per month and the employer contribution is $830. That a COBRA cost of $1030 per month. Many people opt ot role the dice between work because they can't make the COBRA payments and pay rent and pay food and pay etc.

#2 If you are between part-time jobs, you don't have COBRA.

>>>>

#1 Just because you are between jobs does not mean you get COBRA. You had to have been on your previous employers health insurance policy to qualify for CORBA and then you have to pay the full-premium. Using my employer as an example for single coverage the employee cost is $200 per month and the employer contribution is $830. That a COBRA cost of $1030 per month. Many people opt ot role the dice between work because they can't make the COBRA payments and pay rent and pay food and pay etc.

>>>>
Forbes Welcome
Why are people in between part-time jobs? I thought Obama had one of the lowest unemployment rates? Or is that the U-3 not the U-6?
U3 is the official unemployment rate. U5 includes discouraged workers and all other marginally attached workers. U6 adds on those workers who are part-time purely for economic reasons. The current U6 unemployment rate as of July 2017 is 8.60.
U6 Unemployment Rate | MacroTrends
www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate
Today with all those overseas jobs coming back, soon the U-6 will equal the U-3 and the liberals will be pissed again....

>>>>
Forbes Welcome
Why are people in between part-time jobs? I thought Obama had one of the lowest unemployment rates? Or is that the U-3 not the U-6?
U3 is the official unemployment rate. U5 includes discouraged workers and all other marginally attached workers. U6 adds on those workers who are part-time purely for economic reasons. The current U6 unemployment rate as of July 2017 is 8.60.
Today with all those overseas jobs coming back, soon the U-6 will equal the U-3 and the liberals will be pissed again....
Means nothing, even in Right to Work States, with capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment.

unemployment compensation can solve simple poverty, even in Right to Work States.

>>>>
Forbes Welcome

Which has nothing to do with the fact that you are only eligible for COBRA if your last job had COBRA and that you are then required to pay 100% of the premium which of course people between jobs in the lower income brackets (the ones that use MedicAid) can't afford.

>>>>

Forum List

Back