Trump waives student loan interest; Now see HOW HARD WAS THAT? Waive all loan debt

The university would pay off the loan holder

They could not do that. I am not sure what pile of cash you imagine universities are sitting on. Welcome to Fantasyland.

You are just stupifyingly ignorant.
How much did a university education go up after government become the ones to guarantee the loan?
In the last 20 years has how the cost of a college education rose compared to other items or the cost of living?
I am not your assistant. Make your own points.

First, explain where the universities will get the cash, since it is your hilariously stupid idea. I will make it easy on you and just ask you to explain how they will pay for the last ten years of their students' loans.

And...go!

First, explain where the universities will get the cash

Harvard's endowment is worth $40 billion—here's how it's spent

^They could start here

And when students take out new loans tomorrow? Next month? Next year?

(Clears throat, clinks fork on glass) I have a great announcement. If college is free, they wont have to do that. Problem solved. (Sips tea).
If college is free, how does the college pay its bills and Professor salaries?

It would be government funded. Like sane countries do.

LMAO okay where is government going to get the money, hold a bake sale?

Already addressed that. In case you didn’t know the government prints our money. If it needs $1 billion to pay off student debt they dont have to take your tax money, they have the power to print it.

This isnt hard. If you have 25 house guests but only 20 cupcakes, but YOU bake the cupcakes, you just make another batch.

Paper and ink dont cost shit. Crippling student debt does. Easy fix.

Why don't you show us where you learned that the Gov just "prints" money?

They could start here
" They"? There is only one Harvard. And they use much of that to give students free tuition now. They wouldn't make much of a dent in past student loans, without lessening the services they currently provide. It's just not a feasible idea .

Im no Trump fan but he waived interest on student loan debt. It helps. And see how easy that was? Did any of you lose your homes or jobs? Did any of you lose food from your plate or have to trade your unnecessary massive Dodge F7500 Planet Killer pickup in for a Prius?

No. No you didnt. Literally all it did was help students.

Waive all student loan debt. Literally no reason not to.
What about all the people who struggled all those years paying off their loans and scraping buy. We'll start there.

What about responsible parents who saved their asses off so their kids did not have to go in debt.

We need to begin here. Not selfish self interests.

Should we forgive the loan of someone who spent 100k for a Gender Appreciation degree.

Should we not cure a disease just bc other people in the past had to suffer through it?
We found out smoking was bad and too steps to address it. Should we not have done that just bc people in the past suffered?

We now know student debt is awful. Fix it
No, curing disease is in no way the same as asking for other people to pay your student loans.

They could not do that. I am not sure what pile of cash you imagine universities are sitting on. Welcome to Fantasyland.

How much did a university education go up after government become the ones to guarantee the loan?
In the last 20 years has how the cost of a college education rose compared to other items or the cost of living?

First, explain where the universities will get the cash, since it is your hilariously stupid idea. I will make it easy on you and just ask you to explain how they will pay for the last ten years of their students' loans.

And...go!

^They could start here

They are really cashing it in screwing over their customers.

How is this not a scam? Take the money.

So, back on topic:

I still fail to see how this helps anyone during this crisis. Student loan payments are not decreasing, and people are going to get smaller tax returns as a result. The smart people that set their withholdings correctly -- and don't lend their money to the government at 0% -- will now have to raise their federal withholding amount each pay period, to keep pace. That means less money in each paycheck for them.

And before yall say “durpa durr, that govt money is MY money” ummm yeeeeaaaah okay....you do know the government literally prints the money right? They dont need YOUR money to get the money to pay for this

When government prints money that's a backdoor tax on the poor and middle class. You would know this if you understood that printing money devalues money. That's why it cost 250,000 Bolivars to purchase 2 cookies a McDonalds in Venezuela. :itsok:

It doesnt devalue shit.

If you have a $50 bill
And govt prints a $50 bill
YOU still have a $50 bill

Your $50 bill now has the purchasing power of $25. :itsok:

This person has to be a troll to not be able to understand devaluation.

Maybe its a conservative spoof trying to make liberals look even more stupid than they are.

In case you didn’t know the government prints our money. If it needs $1 billion to pay off student debt they dont have to take your tax money, they have the power to print it.

Okay that's exceptionally dumb. Using your logic government should just print everyone $10 million dollars then we'd all be multi millionaires. :cuckoo:

No. Thats apples and oranges. Im not suggesting print trillions just to hand out. Im saying cancel student debt, print the $ to do it if necessary, and stop there. TO fix a crisis. Kinda like in WW2 when we used car factories to build tanks, that wasn’t permanent it was a fix to a crisis.

Student debt is an economic crisis. Fix it, make college free, and freeze the $$ printing at that level to maintain A) no student debt B) free college
What you are suggesting is exactly the same as what he was suggesting. Just print it up....understand, if you are asking the government to pay off student loans, you ARE asking them to print trillions of dollars.

(Clears throat, clinks fork on glass) I have a great announcement. If college is free, they wont have to do that. Problem solved. (Sips tea).

LMAO okay where is government going to get the money, hold a bake sale?

Already addressed that. In case you didn’t know the government prints our money. If it needs $1 billion to pay off student debt they dont have to take your tax money, they have the power to print it.

This isnt hard. If you have 25 house guests but only 20 cupcakes, but YOU bake the cupcakes, you just make another batch.

Paper and ink dont cost shit. Crippling student debt does. Easy fix.

Why don't you show us where you learned that the Gov just "prints" money?

I believe the whole point of the thread is that he went to college and... didn't learn. Well depends... I bet he can recite the 73 genders at will.

if you are asking the government to pay off student loans, you ARE asking them to print trillions of dollars.
False, as the government holds the debt. By your logic, the government also prints money with every tax credit. That is not accurate.

And...go!

^They could start here

Everyone can't go to Harvard.

And before yall say “durpa durr, that govt money is MY money” ummm yeeeeaaaah okay....you do know the government literally prints the money right? They dont need YOUR money to get the money to pay for this

When government prints money that's a backdoor tax on the poor and middle class. You would know this if you understood that printing money devalues money. That's why it cost 250,000 Bolivars to purchase 2 cookies a McDonalds in Venezuela. :itsok:

It doesnt devalue shit.

If you have a $50 bill

^^WOW^^ thats Republican logic there. “Your $50 bill now has the power of $25”

Its a $50. Printed in ink. It doesnt morph into a $25 (which doesnt even exist haha).

Republicans are like “I own a Ferrari, but if my neighbor gets a Ferrari then we’re screwed bc then we both have Hondas”.

And yall wonder why Bernie is so popular with the more educated youth
No...ok, inflation. If they inflate the money supply, the value of that money decreases. He not saying your $50 bill turns into a $25 bill, hes saying that what you could have purchased for $25 this year make take $50 next year.

Where does the government get the money?

Peach says government will just print it so it won't cost anyone anything.

Correct. If the treasury prints $$$.....it doesnt raise your taxes, doesnt take any property away from you.

If me and my neighbors each have 10 apples....then the government farm grows 100 apples to give to those who are struggling....guess what? Me and my neighbors still have our 10 apples.
So, the treasury cant just print money. The federal reserve must first create new money which is then (essentially) borrowed by the treasury, which is borrowed on interest, which has to be paid back to the federal reserve.

So, back on topic:

I still fail to see how this helps anyone during this crisis. Student loan payments are not decreasing, and people are going to get smaller tax returns as a result. The smart people that set their withholdings correctly -- and don't lend their money to the government at 0% -- will now have to raise their federal withholding amount each pay period, to keep pace. That means less money in each paycheck for them.

Your post is off topic. The OP started a thread suggesting student loan debt should be forgiven. You are off topic with a Trump hate deflection that's lets be honest, rather ignorant.

You deflection ignores the fact that students can now request a deferment without racking up compounded interest, saving the entire monthly payment while also avoiding the interest. Likely you are too blinded by your bitter Trump hatred to see the benefit.

Im no Trump fan but he waived interest on student loan debt. It helps. And see how easy that was? Did any of you lose your homes or jobs? Did any of you lose food from your plate or have to trade your unnecessary massive Dodge F7500 Planet Killer pickup in for a Prius?

No. No you didnt. Literally all it did was help students.

Waive all student loan debt. Literally no reason not to.
In time of emergency sure. In real everyday life. NFW. Be responsible for your own bills. Don’t be a fucking parasite.

It doesnt devalue shit.

If you have a $50 bill

This person has to be a troll to not be able to understand devaluation.

Maybe its a conservative spoof trying to make liberals look even more stupid than they are.

They dont need help for that!!!

Forum List

Back