Trump wants to throw people in jail or take away their citizenship for burning the American flag

Donald Trump: Burn the flag, go to jail - CNNPolitics.com

I think he's just trolling, but what an irresponsible statement coming from the president elect.

How low can you be when your best asset is your ability to troll as a POTUS? I think he is serious. However, he cant do anything.

These two are the OP and the first post of the thread... Typical leftist hypocrisy.

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

Flag Protection Act of 2005
And as usual you come with your talking points provided to you by your masters without checking the facts for yourself. Typical of you dimwitted alt rights that can barely read..

Flag Protection Act of 2005 - Wikipedia

"The law would have prohibited burning or otherwise destroying and damaging the US flag with the primary purpose of intimidation or inciting immediate violence or for the act of terrorism. "

I think he's just trolling, but what an irresponsible statement coming from the president elect.

How low can you be when your best asset is your ability to troll as a POTUS? I think he is serious. However, he cant do anything.

These two are the OP and the first post of the thread... Typical leftist hypocrisy.

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

And as usual you come with your talking points provided to you by your masters without checking the facts for yourself. Typical of you dimwitted alt rights that can barely read..

"The law would have prohibited burning or otherwise destroying and damaging the US flag with the primary purpose of intimidation or inciting immediate violence or for the act of terrorism. "

I hate to break it to you but, when leftists are burning the flag they doing it exactly with the purpose of intimidation and inciting violence.

You were saying...?

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

I hate to break it to you but, when leftists are burning the flag they doing it exactly with the purpose of intimidation and inciting violence.

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

I was saying youre an idiot if you believe everyone that burns a flag is doing so with the purpose of intimidation and inciting violence.

Since the SCOTUS said so. Why do you ask?

BTW burning the flag is not arson. Do you know what arson means?

I always wanted to ask you... What's it like being mentally ill?
If you look at your own personal situation I'm sure its pretty close.

I wouldn't know, that's why I am asking you.
Most mentally ill people dont know. Thats why you need to speak to someone close to you that can explain how your mental illness effects you.

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

I was saying youre an idiot if you believe everyone that burns a flag is doing so with the purpose of intimidation and inciting violence.

I didn't say everyone, just leftists.

Most mentally ill people dont know. Thats why you need to speak to someone close to you that can explain how your mental illness effects you.

Is that why you can't answer?

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

Ah...selective enforcement then. Very fascist of you.

As already proven (with links and even videos), the Hillary campaign PAID thugs to burn American flags and attack the very citizens over whom she wanted to 'rule'.

When you PAY for people to burn the flag and to attack fellow Americans it means you don't give a damn about the flag, you don't give a damn about citizens, you want to intimidate people, and the only thing you care about is POWER!

'Hillary Clinton will DO and SAY ANYTHING to win...'
- Barak Obama, 2008

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

I know what you said. I ignored you anyway.

No. Its why youre a basket case.

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

Ah...selective enforcement then. Very fascist of you.

Off the meds again?

Where have I said anything about enforcement?

By looking at your posts here, you're certified.

So, I still would like to know, what is like?

By looking at your posts here, you're certified.

So, I still would like to know, what is like?

He'd have a great deal of trouble answering that....

But....allow me to conjecture:
When you're dead, you don't know you're dead: it's only a reality for others.
And that relates to his condition: it's the same when you're insane.

20 year military veteran ....

I recognize your right to burn the flag ...

I only ask that you recognize how much it hurts to see you do it.
Why does it hurt? Thanks for being honest.

Why does it hurt?

Because I have seen the price paid to protect the right to burn the flag. I have held the guts of a kid from Illinois while he died for that flag, and for what it represents. I had my best friend take a bullet intended for me, leaving his wife and little boy devastated, all while defending that flag. Do you know what it's like to try to put his brains back in his head? I've laid in a hole in the ground all night as I watched enemy mortars trying to knock that flag down, and watched as it still stood in light of morning. I've participated in color guards at the funerals of military members, and seen widows who cling to that flag with a fierceness you can never understand, as if it were a symbol of the courage and honor of the loved one they lost. I watched a father receive the flag, then collapse on the ground crying incessantly, until finally he was able to stand, kiss the coffin of his child, come to attention and salute his little girl. A little girl he has lost forever.

So, yeah, it hurts to watch them do it.

I recognize the right to burn it --- hell, that's what I fought for. But, I find it ludicrous that those who have never defended that flag, nor defended the rights it represents, to so trivialize its meaning, and the sacrifices for it, to use the symbol of those freedoms and sacrifices to make a political argument. I consider to be a sacrilege and an insult to those who made the sacrifice so that "rights" can be abused, misused, and discarded so easily. We aren't burning a flag, we are demeaning and trivializing the efforts, and lives lost, to make it your right.

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

Perhaps you can give us some other reasons why someone should burn the flag????

Newsflash...

24oali0.jpg

You were saying...?
Who told you that?

Perhaps you can give us some other reasons why someone should burn the flag????
They may not like what the flag represents for starters. Are you really that clueless on why people would burn a flag?

20 year military veteran ....

I recognize your right to burn the flag ...

I only ask that you recognize how much it hurts to see you do it.
Why does it hurt? Thanks for being honest.

Why does it hurt?

Because I have seen the price paid to protect the right to burn the flag. I have held the guts of a kid from Illinois while he died for that flag, and for what it represents. I had my best friend take a bullet intended for me, leaving his wife and little boy devastated, all while defending that flag. Do you know what it's like to try to put his brains back in his head? I've laid in a hole in the ground all night as I watched enemy mortars trying to knock that flag down, and watched as it still stood in light of morning. I've participated in color guards at the funerals of military members, and seen widows who cling to that flag with a fierceness you can never understand, as if it were a symbol of the courage and honor of the loved one they lost. I watched a father receive the flag, then collapse on the ground crying incessantly, until finally he was able to stand, kiss the coffin of his child, come to attention and salute his little girl. A little girl he has lost forever.

I recognize the right to burn it --- hell, that's what I fought for. But, I find it ludicrous that those who have never defended that flag, nor defended the rights it represents, to so trivialize its meaning, and the sacrifices for it, to use the symbol of those freedoms and sacrifices to make a political argument. I consider to be a sacrilege and an insult to those who made the sacrifice so that "rights" can be abused, misused, and discarded so easily. We aren't burning a flag, we are demeaning and trivializing the efforts, and lives lost, to make it your right.

I dont mean to seem insensitive but where were your friends at when they paid a price so that americans could burn flags? How old are you? The last threat to our rights had to be back in the 1940's right?

Forum List

Back