Trump will NOT approve release of DEM memo

So you're saying it is ok for one party to use their position as the majority to put out a misleading memo that references classified information they know can't/shouldn't be released to the public as part of a propaganda campaign, but it isn't ok for the other party in the same committee to try and refute/prove the other memo was bullshit?

C'mon Lew, you know this is BS. There is/was nothing at all in that Nunes memo that remotely referenced classified information or compromised natl security. The Dems made a big deal about it, but since the memo was released I haven't heard ANYBODY claim otherwise. And nobody has said the Dems can't put out their own memo, none of the Repubs voted to deny the release of the Dems' memo. But surely you realize they cannot reveal any classified stuff that the FBI/DOJ says shouldn't be made public. All they gotta do is strip out the bad parts and it'll be approved.

That's not the point, because unless the classified source material is made public, all the Trumpbots will simply say the Dems made up talking points to refute the memo and they are all lies.

It's the same issue as with the hacking. Almost EVERY person within the federal government has said Russia hacked and interfered with the election, but because they won't release the classified info proving it, the Trumpbots still say it never happened.

But Lew, that's pretty much what both sides are doing anyway, refuting as much as they can on what the other side is saying. I don't think we need to put classified information out there to discern the truth, but if so then I can't see releasing anything that risks natl security. I want the truth as much as you or anyone else, but we ought to be able to determine what happened without revealing sources and methods. I don't see why we can't get enough information on the FISA court documents to figure out who's being truthful and who isn't, plus the transcripts of what was said by McCabe and others in their testimony before Congress. And we've got a report coming out from the Senate and the IG and who knows what else will surface or get leaked.

As far s the Russian hacking is concerned, that wasn't the point was it? I thought this whole thing was about collusion, right? Now, how much interference the Russian had is another matter, and whether it made any difference to the outcome is pure conjecture at this point. But to date nd after all this time there has been nothing whatsoever to ie Trump to any wrongdoing as far as collusion with the Russians and that hacking.

You think that just a few parts of the FISA information is going to be a threat to national security? If that's true than the Republican memo should have never been released in the first place like the Democrats in the committee said. That's the point.

As far as collusion? There has been plenty of information out there about that, but none that Trumpbots want to believe.

With respect, this is nonsense. From the 1st word to the last, that Nunes memo has absolutely NOTHING in it that remotely threatens natl security. Schiff and Pelosi and Schumer and those guys lied their asses off about that, and in no uncertain terms. You tell me, ONE thing in that memo that you think comes close.

To date there is also NOTHING at all that indicates any collusion. NOTHING. I think it's you and your side that refuses to believe the truth.

You think it is convenient that Trump made $40 million dollars off the sale of a mansion to a Russian that had no intent to live in it, and that was bought for over $10 million more than any property in that area? That's just ONE example.

The Nunes' memo cherry picks and makes assumptive remarks based on the info THEY can see, but can not provide to the public, and can ONLY be refuted by showing the info that they are referring to.

For example (Purely hypothetical) I could say you told me you like peanut butter and banana sandwiches in private messages. That's against the rules, but some people might believe me... and the only way for you to prove me wrong would be to show our private messages which is also against the rules.

So what we have here, is the Republican memo that should have never been released, and now it's not ok to release the counter memo to show the first one is full of shit. Sorry, I'm not buying it. As a judge would say, "sorry you opened that door."

So you're saying it is ok for one party to use their position as the majority to put out a misleading memo that references classified information they know can't/shouldn't be released to the public as part of a propaganda campaign, but it isn't ok for the other party in the same committee to try and refute/prove the other memo was bullshit?

There was ZERO redacted from the Majority Memo other than blackinking the classification at the top of the pages. That's how I was taught to write UNclassified summaries of classified material. First one was done right.

And you can dispute original sourcing WITHOUT divulging secrets. Minority just didn't want to..

Their memo was full of references to material that was missing the original info that was classified. It was all a bunch of bullshit that can only be refuted if the classified source material is made public. You think they didn't know what they were doing?

GTFO.... Not to mention it was so poorly written that some parts were debunked within minutes. Nunes said the FBI lied about the dossier being mentioned, then just a couple days later admitted it was put into footnotes.

bottom line... Obama/Clinton used the dossier to spy on the Trump campaign.

No. How many times do you have toe be told Carter Page was recruited by Russian spies back in 2013 long before he started working for the Trump campaign?

If Obama's administration had done 10% of the things done in the Trump campaign he'd have been impeached.

It doesn't bother me that you're in denial and grabbing at straws to justify it...

I find it comical actually...:wink_2:

That's complete gibberish. I hope you are taking drugs, because if you are naturally out of touch with reality that's sad.

The Carter Page stuff is in court documents and on recordings. He even went to Russia and did a speech saying how great Russia was...

Clearly the Trumpsters are unwilling or afraid of truth. Truly disgusting.

No. He's trying to weasel out of doing what is right. Seems to be a life long pattern with that pig.

Very easy to resolve. Just task the FBI to REDACT the ACTUAL classified content. I personally doubt that much is REAL classified material.. It's just classified to HIDE the facts from the media and the public..

And Schiff KNEW this. Didn't compose a summary without the "so-called" classified shit like the original one did. Instead piled it high to set up the White House for this event..

The Comittee unanimously approved its release

Of course.. Because Nunes is smarter than Trump.. And because BOTH sides want the silly business of classifying stuff SOLELY to hide facts from the Media and public gone.. All Trump needs to do is to task FBI to do the redactions. If they allow most of the crap --- it signals Nunes and the other side that it's OK to open the floodgates. Which is what needs to happen here.

Everyone KNOWs the sources are the NSA Big Brother collection system. And I DOUBT there are any human assets to protect. ONLY reason for classification is to protect the FISA court and FBI conspirators at this point. We'll see how much the FBI MANAGEMENT under fire wants to cough up...

There was ZERO redacted from the Majority Memo other than blackinking the classification at the top of the pages. That's how I was taught to write UNclassified summaries of classified material. First one was done right.

And you can dispute original sourcing WITHOUT divulging secrets. Minority just didn't want to..
According to who?

The Trump Admin? Or the FBI?

No. It is partisan censoring and it is dispicable to anyone genuinely interested in the truth.

He called Schiff's bluff.

Delicious.

No. He's trying to weasel out of doing what is right. Seems to be a life long pattern with that pig.

Very easy to resolve. Just task the FBI to REDACT the ACTUAL classified content. I personally doubt that much is REAL classified material.. It's just classified to HIDE the facts from the media and the public..

And Schiff KNEW this. Didn't compose a summary without the "so-called" classified shit like the original one did. Instead piled it high to set up the White House for this event..

The Comittee unanimously approved its release
And it was reviewed by DoJ.

It is amazing but not surprising at the excuses made by those who insisted on releasing the Nunes memo OVER OBJECTIONS in the interest of “truth” who are now actively blocking the release of more truth.

Scumwaffles.

C'mon Lew, you know this is BS. There is/was nothing at all in that Nunes memo that remotely referenced classified information or compromised natl security. The Dems made a big deal about it, but since the memo was released I haven't heard ANYBODY claim otherwise. And nobody has said the Dems can't put out their own memo, none of the Repubs voted to deny the release of the Dems' memo. But surely you realize they cannot reveal any classified stuff that the FBI/DOJ says shouldn't be made public. All they gotta do is strip out the bad parts and it'll be approved.

That's not the point, because unless the classified source material is made public, all the Trumpbots will simply say the Dems made up talking points to refute the memo and they are all lies.

It's the same issue as with the hacking. Almost EVERY person within the federal government has said Russia hacked and interfered with the election, but because they won't release the classified info proving it, the Trumpbots still say it never happened.

But Lew, that's pretty much what both sides are doing anyway, refuting as much as they can on what the other side is saying. I don't think we need to put classified information out there to discern the truth, but if so then I can't see releasing anything that risks natl security. I want the truth as much as you or anyone else, but we ought to be able to determine what happened without revealing sources and methods. I don't see why we can't get enough information on the FISA court documents to figure out who's being truthful and who isn't, plus the transcripts of what was said by McCabe and others in their testimony before Congress. And we've got a report coming out from the Senate and the IG and who knows what else will surface or get leaked.

As far s the Russian hacking is concerned, that wasn't the point was it? I thought this whole thing was about collusion, right? Now, how much interference the Russian had is another matter, and whether it made any difference to the outcome is pure conjecture at this point. But to date nd after all this time there has been nothing whatsoever to ie Trump to any wrongdoing as far as collusion with the Russians and that hacking.

You think that just a few parts of the FISA information is going to be a threat to national security? If that's true than the Republican memo should have never been released in the first place like the Democrats in the committee said. That's the point.

As far as collusion? There has been plenty of information out there about that, but none that Trumpbots want to believe.

With respect, this is nonsense. From the 1st word to the last, that Nunes memo has absolutely NOTHING in it that remotely threatens natl security. Schiff and Pelosi and Schumer and those guys lied their asses off about that, and in no uncertain terms. You tell me, ONE thing in that memo that you think comes close.

To date there is also NOTHING at all that indicates any collusion. NOTHING. I think it's you and your side that refuses to believe the truth.

You think it is convenient that Trump made $40 million dollars off the sale of a mansion to a Russian that had no intent to live in it, and that was bought for over $10 million more than any property in that area? That's just ONE example.

The Nunes' memo cherry picks and makes assumptive remarks based on the info THEY can see, but can not provide to the public, and can ONLY be refuted by showing the info that they are referring to.

For example (Purely hypothetical) I could say you told me you like peanut butter and banana sandwiches in private messages. That's against the rules, but some people might believe me... and the only way for you to prove me wrong would be to show our private messages which is also against the rules.

So what we have here, is the Republican memo that should have never been released, and now it's not ok to release the counter memo to show the first one is full of shit. Sorry, I'm not buying it. As a judge would say, "sorry you opened that door."

You're committed to "first one is full of shit" .. alas, the ultimate aim should be that the supporting documents be released (redacted for security) which it seems Adam Schiff et all in the left wing parasite media and Democrat Party are resistant to doing and have been all along, a cover-up perhaps?

Their memo was full of references to material that was missing the original info that was classified. It was all a bunch of bullshit that can only be refuted if the classified source material is made public. You think they didn't know what they were doing?

GTFO.... Not to mention it was so poorly written that some parts were debunked within minutes. Nunes said the FBI lied about the dossier being mentioned, then just a couple days later admitted it was put into footnotes.

bottom line... Obama/Clinton used the dossier to spy on the Trump campaign.

No. How many times do you have toe be told Carter Page was recruited by Russian spies back in 2013 long before he started working for the Trump campaign?

If Obama's administration had done 10% of the things done in the Trump campaign he'd have been impeached.

It doesn't bother me that you're in denial and grabbing at straws to justify it...

I find it comical actually...:wink_2:

That's complete gibberish. I hope you are taking drugs, because if you are naturally out of touch with reality that's sad.

The Carter Page stuff is in court documents and on recordings. He even went to Russia and did a speech saying how great Russia was...

...back to denial with a childlike emotional response, parasite news has you fully screwed up on the facts and you're a more than willing lemming..

Carter Page was the key to spying on the Trump campaign along with the dossier, so what if he did business in Russia and where was he found guilty of anything, where are the charges?

Aw c'mon now Lew, are we talking about a real estate deal that was done 10 FUCKING YEARS AGO? And THAT indicates to you that there was collusion going on between Trump and the Russians in the 2016 election? Jesus H. Christ, you don't see what a reach that is? Straws, man, grasping at straws, that is so lame.

I get what you're saying about the Nunes memo, fair enough if they say this and your side says that and there's no proof either way. We'll have to see what ultimately gets released, maybe we'l get to see something from the FISA court documents. Seems like we ought to be able to see SOMETHING that helps us decide what the truth is about the Nunes memo.

I cannot see Trump allowing the Dems to release their memo if the FBI/DOJ says they included stuff in there that shouldn't be released for security reasons. Yes, I know they had 'grave concerns' over the release of the Nunes memo and that turned out to be bogus so maybe it's the same deal with the Dems memo. In which case I suspect that memo will either get redacted or rewritten or the Dems will leak it as is. If it does have stuff that shouldn't have been made public then they'd have to take the responsibility for that if they do leak it. I gotta say though that unless they release names and details that really are damaging, I wanna know WTF is going on. I don't want one side, I want the effing truth whatever it is. I want to see the transcript for what McCabe actually said, I want to see as much of the FISA application as I can regarding the Steele dossier and what else was included in that document.

Trump Blocks Release Of Democrats’ Rebuttal To GOP FISA Memo

The House Intelligence Committee voted to release the Democrats’ memo on Monday.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump blocked the release of a memo written by Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee as a rebuttal to allegations from their Republican counterparts that the FBI abused surveillance laws to improperly spy on the Trump campaign.

In a letter to the House Intelligence Committee on Friday, White House counsel Don McGahn said that while the president is “inclined” to declassify the memo, he will not “at this time” due to it containing “numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.”

McGahn said Trump has directed the Justice Department to offer assistance to the House committee to revise the memo.

“The Executive Branch stands ready to review any subsequent draft ... for declassification at the earliest opportunity,” McGahn said.

MORE: TRUMP BLOCKS DEM MEMO
I first heard it on CNN. Sounds like a snow job to me! We'll see...

Not to look a Crazy Horse in the mouth, but the Nunes memo was released to uncover government corruption. The Democrat memo is government corruption looking to try to mend itself by attacking the Nunes memo. That's all. I hope Trump lights his cigar with it.

Memory lane.. the Obama years

Obama_Foreign_Policy.jpg

The House Intelligence Committee voted to release the Democrats’ memo on Monday.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump blocked the release of a memo written by Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee as a rebuttal to allegations from their Republican counterparts that the FBI abused surveillance laws to improperly spy on the Trump campaign.

In a letter to the House Intelligence Committee on Friday, White House counsel Don McGahn said that while the president is “inclined” to declassify the memo, he will not “at this time” due to it containing “numerous properly classified and especially sensitive passages.”

McGahn said Trump has directed the Justice Department to offer assistance to the House committee to revise the memo.

“The Executive Branch stands ready to review any subsequent draft ... for declassification at the earliest opportunity,” McGahn said.

Not to look a Crazy Horse in the mouth, but the Nunes memo was released to uncover government corruption. The Democrat memo is government corruption looking to try to mend itself by attacking the Nunes memo. That's all. I hope Trump lights his cigar with it.

Good point, except that we oughta get to see what the Dems have to say about this situation. I'll be honest, I believe there were people in high places within the FBI and DOJ and other places that used their authority and position to do certain things that ought to be illegal, or at best are unprofessional and flat out wrong. And to me when the Dems come out and tell me that Nunes memo endangers natl security shouldn't be released and then I see what it says then I realize they lied to me and I do not like that. So far I don't see anything that tells me the Repubs lied about anything; not that they're a bunch of choir boys, I ain't that naive.

Interesting, since Trump was willing to release the Nunes memo sight unseen.

Sight unseen? He helped write it...

Now the House is going to be forced to over-ride the President's decision. Trump will be toast soon.

Toast...again? You know how many times the left has made this claim in the last three years and have been wrong every time? Seriously, quit making stupid comments.

I thought the right wing nuts were crazy stupid, but you left wing nuts are closing at a blinding rate. Lol!
Endangering Methods and sources is only bad if a Republican does it... Democrats can do it at the drop of a hat.... Fienstine is that You?
What methods and sources were emdangered? Answer the question or shut the hell up. It has been reported the problem with the dem memo is it does release info. Come on dems. What sources and methods were revealed in the Nunes memo?

Last edited:

Good point, except that we oughta get to see what the Dems have to say about this situation. I'll be honest, I believe there were people in high places within the FBI and DOJ and other places that used their authority and position to do certain things that ought to be illegal, or at best are unprofessional and flat out wrong. And to me when the Dems come out and tell me that Nunes memo endangers natl security shouldn't be released and then I see what it says then I realize they lied to me and I do not like that. So far I don't see anything that tells me the Repubs lied about anything; not that they're a bunch of choir boys, I ain't that naive.

I would totally agree and would like to see what the Dems have to say as well, only that I know from past experience that having lied about the Nunes memo in the first place and failed, they are not about to come clean telling the truth now and this new memo is just a bigger lie rolled in a dog turd. Everything the Dems do is about political strategy and they will use the argument that if Trump blocks the memo, that is proof that the Nunes memo was fake and Trump is covering for it. Except that EVERYTHING the Democrats do, they think out some argument of leverage to use NO MATTER WHAT you say or do.

So it is a Loss-loss for us and Trump no matter what Trump says or does at this point, the Dems are prepared to make it into another conspiracy / collusion theory, so reading the Dem memo has no real gain for anyone in the end except by LEGITIMIZING the Democrat's position.

Put another way, if the tables were turned, Obama and the Dems would NEVER give the GOP any legitimacy by letting them air any rebuttal they could prevent.

Forum List

Back