Trump's Address on Iran On Now

Anyone who thinks this episode is over is an utter simpleton. Trump has earned nothing but scorn. He killed an ersatz diplomat who was on a mission to Iraq, and thus now we have both Iran and Iraq working more closely than they were. Iraqi leaders have already asked us to leave, so how on earth is this winning? My goodness, we lost all those thousands of American lives only for Trump to help make Iraq and Iran allies that both hate the US. The cool thing about Cons is that do not think is any depth, but they believe they do. Silly dicks...

Everyone knows he has already won---blew up their main terrorist; scared the shit out of the Ayatollah; had them responding by shooting at the desert to be sure not to kill any Americans. (You are safer in an Iraqi Base than at the dead terrorist's funeral OR in a commercial jet leaving Tehran with paranoid gunners scared Bad Orange Man coming.)

Trump will call off the dogs, because he knows he has won. Will keep up the economic sanctions, maybe get more help from the European Pussies on sanctions---hopefully crash out this ridiculous religious zealot regime in Iran....free the Iranian people...and bring our troops home.

Trump wins wars with Economic Policy.

Very Sane Genius.

We are not tired of winning!

Soleimani would have his DOMESTIC POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS FOES drilled in the head to execute them.

Seems like a good dude.

was anyone killed? if not then you have to question either their technology (and from what i understand it is pretty solid) or their aim. so what would their mark be in this instance?

looks more like a PR move on Irans part to say they did something back yet not enough for a counter-attack.
Andrea Mitchell thinks they have highly precise missiles and missed on purpose. (which they did)

Iran ‘deliberately missed’: MSNBC issues initial battle damage assessment

“That they have such highly precise missiles — we know they do, they were able to take out the major Aramco oil field in September in Saudi Arabia — we know that they can do this if they really want to, and they apparently, according to this early report, they may have hit a not populated part of the al-Asad base and, in Arbil, landed in a field,” she reported.

She thinks they have highly precise missiles. haahahahahahahaha she is as clueless as anyone I know. And she's a fking journalist? can't make it up.
i really have zero idea what they are using. but i would think that if they fired 20+ times and didn't hit anything, they didn't want to. if that is the case then Trumps warnings took root and they simply fired back to show their people they were not afraid of us. what i did hear last night is they (Iran) was reporting 80 people killed.

i was watching this on FOX last night and they were pretty annoying also with the constant insults to Iran and glowing praise of Trump. kinda the same as praising Iran to a large degree as it's simply catering to their target audience. i just want the news. that was it.

just hard to find "just the news" anymore. :)

any idea what missles they were using and where they were from?
Cruise ballistic missiles from Iran from what I’ve heard
They were updated versions of SCUD rockets.
Wait until they put nukes on those and they fall on their own fool heads.

Iran Will Accidentally Detonate a Nuke on Themselves.

I think we are looking very close at the Iran nuclear program and kno
If this is winning, what does totally stepping in shit look like to you? Iran has totally PWNED the President and, just like the Syria "pullout", he looks the total fool here.

1. The USA has been tossed out of Iraq, because it's bad form to assassinate your enemies on an ally's soil without permission. Since one of the Mullah's main goals is getting the Americans out of Iraq, score one for the Iranians.

2. The Iranian people were starting to turn on the Mullahs because of the sanctions, and now, by killing Soleimani, the Iranian people are united in their hatred of the United States. We call this "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

3. Once again, Trump acted unilaterally without consulting his NATO Allies in the region, in killing Soleimani, once again leaving Canadian and French troops helping in the fight against ISIS, in danger and leaving allies scrambling to get their people out of harm's way. Canadians are mourning the deaths of more than 70 of our people in that Ukranian Airlines crash leaving Tehran. Another fracture to NATO, to aid Putin.

4. Trump has yet to provide ANY evidence of the clear and present danger posed by Soleimani that took killing him to prevent. If anything, Americans all around the world have been placed in more danger because of Trump's actions, further alienating your allies and proving how untrustworthy the USA is. American loses all around the world. Coming on the heels of abandoning the Kurds, the rest of the world are not trusting Trump or the USA military more.

We're still waiting for this "evidence" Trump claims that killing Soleimani was necessary to national safety and wasn't anything more to make Trump look studly on the world stage. Once again, Trump underestimated his opposition and has been completely outplayed by those who are much smarter than he is.

Dumb Donald has once again focussed on a problem and made things much, much worse.
Sux for you that America winning bothers you so much.

Here's 3 big wins for America, which are losses for Democrats and Terrorists.
1. No Americans were injured.
2. Iran's Terror mastermind is dead.
3. Iran purposely pointed its missiles in a way to avoid Trumps wrath.

Salami was responsible for the death of almost 700 Americans, 1000s of Iranians and Iraqis. There's probably over 1000 veterans missing limbs because of this maniac.

What does he have to do to make you think he's bad enough? Ignore your chosen pronoun?

Too bad for the DraggingSlut that:
  1. The USA is still in Iraq and we ain't going anywhere.
  2. The Iranian people cheered our killing Soleimani. Most of those people were forced to go to the funeral under state pressure.
  3. Trump is under no demand to "consult" NATO when he is NATO's highest and best source of info in the first place! They consult him! And they aren't being attacked, WE are!
  4. Trump is under no demand to provide or prove anything.
DraggingSlut can hold her breath till she turns blue, that's not going to change the world. But it might be an improvement for her.

Anyone who thinks this episode is over is an utter simpleton. Trump has earned nothing but scorn. He killed an ersatz diplomat who was on a mission to Iraq, and thus now we have both Iran and Iraq working more closely than they were. Iraqi leaders have already asked us to leave, so how on earth is this winning? My goodness, we lost all those thousands of American lives only for Trump to help make Iraq and Iran allies that both hate the US. The cool thing about Cons is that do not think is any depth, but they believe they do. Silly dicks...

Everyone knows he has already won---blew up their main terrorist; scared the shit out of the Ayatollah; had them responding by shooting at the desert to be sure not to kill any Americans. (You are safer in an Iraqi Base than at the dead terrorist's funeral OR in a commercial jet leaving Tehran with paranoid gunners scared Bad Orange Man coming.)

Trump will call off the dogs, because he knows he has won. Will keep up the economic sanctions, maybe get more help from the European Pussies on sanctions---hopefully crash out this ridiculous religious zealot regime in Iran....free the Iranian people...and bring our troops home.

Very Sane Genius.

Iran and The Ash Pile of History are Very Good Friends, now and in The Future. Ezekiel 38.

Very Sane Genius.

I got as far as your use of the term "diplomat" and started laughing too hard to continue.

Are you even out of middle school, yet, child?

the speech was fine if you agree with Trumps hhandling of the situation. I think the whole thing has been mishandled bigly so I shake my head at it. Especially when he reaches out to NATO for help after reeming them for years. And then promising Iran riches with the world market if they play ball, immediately after accusing Obama’s lifted sanctions as funding terrorism. The irony was very rich.

Your desperation is duly noted!

Of course, you think President Trump has handled this badly. You believe we should ignore terrorists murdering tens of thousands, torturing millions, and a real threat to the world with nuclear destruction should be sent billions of dollars in cash on pallets secretly in the night. Then hope they'll publicly agree to your terms and kick the can down the road to the next president while continuing to whatever they please while thumbing their nose at us.

President Trump doesn't believe in kicking the can down the road. He has proven that he faces problems and solves them, not dodging them.

Yes, President Trump badgered other NATO members for not keeping their word regarding their contributions. As a result, they have greatly increased their spending for defense and thusly, Trump is asking for their help in solving a mutual problem. What is your point?
while i agree he's usually going to see what trump does as "bad" - i've yet to see him post that we should ignore terrorists murdering anyone at all.

if i missed that part of his behavior, link me up. otherwise, think you're exaggerating just a wee bit?
yes I’m critical of Trump because I genuinely dislike they way he handles most situations. In this case I’m totally open to accepting the moves made as appropriate, but I think the messaging has been a nightmare.

Bad stuff was happening over seas. An American died and our embassy was attacked. Something needed to be done. Drone bombing Soleimani was a BIG move, I don’t think anybody can deny that. Trump said he did it because of an imminent attack but then didn’t give any details about what that was. With zero trust from half our own country and shaky relationships with our allies, a move this big should be explained. After seeing the reaction in Iraq and Iran, an explanation should be made. It’s understandable to kill the guy if he was attacking us and we were defending ourselves... but no info about the Imminent attack was revealed for days, and very little has been said since. Instead the narrative about how bad a dude he was over the years is being pushed... ok fine, but there’s a different more collaborative process that should be followed if you want to hunt down a terrorist, like OBL. There were no questions about killing him.

I could keep going about how the aftermath has been handled but I don’t want to write a book. Point being, I’m all for smart national security moves, I don’t want to see one more American service member dead so I take this stuff seriously... I’m not supporting Iran, I’m not saying that killing Soleimani was the wrong move... I’m saying the communication has been a disaster and questions need to be answered. This is no joke
no - i get that. but to me, if you go in looking to prove yourself correct in your views on someone, you'll find what you're looking for. same goes for if you go in to prove your GOOD views on someone are correct.

we tend to channel things to support our views. so for trump on these actions, i try to ignore a lot and just focus on what he is doing. not how i feel about him and the like.

goes along the lines of "we both have dogs inside of us. one is for good and the other evil. which dog will grow the largest - the one you feed the most".

if you don't like someone you generally look to validate that and to me, that reflects itself in conversations about topics. but yes, it is a very hard thing to put aside for any of us.
I agree that’s a good observation and I like that dog analogy. I will use that in the future!

In this case I’m not trying to prove trump wrong. I’m trying to understand what really happened. I have assumptions that I’ve bit my tongue and haven’t expressed because I want to see what facts come out. But this isn’t even about me and how I feel, it’s about the world. Trumps move was an escalation that could lead to war. It came very close as it did lead to a missile attack on our bases and we have a statement from our president saying that if Iran did that he would bomb one of 52 targeted sites which again would propagate a potential war. It’s looking like he isn’t going to follow through with that threat which is a good thing IMO. 4000 troops were told on NYE that they need to pack a bag and fly to the Middle East and nobody seemed to have a clear picture what was going on. That’s scary stuff. I feel for the troops and their families. Clarity and communication is important at this time. I want the administration to do a better job.

Very Sane Genius.

Why did he have 5 deferments then?
The ultimate ugly American, all white zero college followers.
His similarity to joe McCarthy is amazing.
Watch the doc

Do you just make shit up to fit the argument you want to make?! It’s amazing how you can Do that and expect to be taken seriously.

here is trumps quote. He did not say what you just said he said. notice the bold.

“ Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.........targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD," he said. "The USA wants no more threats!"

No US base was struck. Those struck were Iraq bases that housed some US soldiers, none of whom were killed. Iran could have targeted US bases and personnel. They judiciously chose not to attack or harm Americans.

Very Sane Genius.

If this is winning, what does totally stepping in shit look like to you? Iran has totally PWNED the President and, just like the Syria "pullout", he looks the total fool here.

1. The USA has been tossed out of Iraq, because it's bad form to assassinate your enemies on an ally's soil without permission. Since one of the Mullah's main goals is getting the Americans out of Iraq, score one for the Iranians.

_________

Dragonlady is EXHIBIT A showing the debilitating effects of Trump Derangement Syndrome; and regrettably that it is a progressive disease, and apparently, incurable.

_________

________

EXHIBIT A

2. The Iranian people were starting to turn on the Mullahs because of the sanctions, and now, by killing Soleimani, the Iranian people are united in their hatred of the United States. We call this "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

3. Once again, Trump acted unilaterally without consulting his NATO Allies in the region, in killing Soleimani, once again leaving Canadian and French troops helping in the fight against ISIS, in danger and leaving allies scrambling to get their people out of harm's way. Canadians are mourning the deaths of more than 70 of our people in that Ukranian Airlines crash leaving Tehran. Another fracture to NATO, to aid Putin.

4. Trump has yet to provide ANY evidence of the clear and present danger posed by Soleimani that took killing him to prevent. If anything, Americans all around the world have been placed in more danger because of Trump's actions, further alienating your allies and proving how untrustworthy the USA is. American loses all around the world. Coming on the heels of abandoning the Kurds, the rest of the world are not trusting Trump or the USA military more.

We're still waiting for this "evidence" Trump claims that killing Soleimani was necessary to national safety and wasn't anything more to make Trump look studly on the world stage. Once again, Trump underestimated his opposition and has been completely outplayed by those who are much smarter than he is.

Dumb Donald has once again focussed on a problem and made things much, much worse.

Sux for you that America winning bothers you so much.

Here's 3 big wins for America, which are losses for Democrats and Terrorists.
1. No Americans were injured.
2. Iran's Terror mastermind is dead.
3. Iran purposely pointed its missiles in a way to avoid Trumps wrath.

Salami was responsible for the death of almost 700 Americans, 1000s of Iranians and Iraqis. There's probably over 1000 veterans missing limbs because of this maniac.

What does he have to do to make you think he's bad enough? Ignore your chosen pronoun?

the speech was fine if you agree with Trumps hhandling of the situation. I think the whole thing has been mishandled bigly so I shake my head at it. Especially when he reaches out to NATO for help after reeming them for years. And then promising Iran riches with the world market if they play ball, immediately after accusing Obama’s lifted sanctions as funding terrorism. The irony was very rich.

Your desperation is duly noted!

Of course, you think President Trump has handled this badly. You believe we should ignore terrorists murdering tens of thousands, torturing millions, and a real threat to the world with nuclear destruction should be sent billions of dollars in cash on pallets secretly in the night. Then hope they'll publicly agree to your terms and kick the can down the road to the next president while continuing to whatever they please while thumbing their nose at us.

President Trump doesn't believe in kicking the can down the road. He has proven that he faces problems and solves them, not dodging them.

Yes, President Trump badgered other NATO members for not keeping their word regarding their contributions. As a result, they have greatly increased their spending for defense and thusly, Trump is asking for their help in solving a mutual problem. What is your point?
while i agree he's usually going to see what trump does as "bad" - i've yet to see him post that we should ignore terrorists murdering anyone at all.

if i missed that part of his behavior, link me up. otherwise, think you're exaggerating just a wee bit?
yes I’m critical of Trump because I genuinely dislike they way he handles most situations. In this case I’m totally open to accepting the moves made as appropriate, but I think the messaging has been a nightmare.

Bad stuff was happening over seas. An American died and our embassy was attacked. Something needed to be done. Drone bombing Soleimani was a BIG move, I don’t think anybody can deny that. Trump said he did it because of an imminent attack but then didn’t give any details about what that was. With zero trust from half our own country and shaky relationships with our allies, a move this big should be explained. After seeing the reaction in Iraq and Iran, an explanation should be made. It’s understandable to kill the guy if he was attacking us and we were defending ourselves... but no info about the Imminent attack was revealed for days, and very little has been said since. Instead the narrative about how bad a dude he was over the years is being pushed... ok fine, but there’s a different more collaborative process that should be followed if you want to hunt down a terrorist, like OBL. There were no questions about killing him.

I could keep going about how the aftermath has been handled but I don’t want to write a book. Point being, I’m all for smart national security moves, I don’t want to see one more American service member dead so I take this stuff seriously... I’m not supporting Iran, I’m not saying that killing Soleimani was the wrong move... I’m saying the communication has been a disaster and questions need to be answered. This is no joke
no - i get that. but to me, if you go in looking to prove yourself correct in your views on someone, you'll find what you're looking for. same goes for if you go in to prove your GOOD views on someone are correct.

we tend to channel things to support our views. so for trump on these actions, i try to ignore a lot and just focus on what he is doing. not how i feel about him and the like.

goes along the lines of "we both have dogs inside of us. one is for good and the other evil. which dog will grow the largest - the one you feed the most".

if you don't like someone you generally look to validate that and to me, that reflects itself in conversations about topics. but yes, it is a very hard thing to put aside for any of us.
I agree that’s a good observation and I like that dog analogy. I will use that in the future!

In this case I’m not trying to prove trump wrong. I’m trying to understand what really happened. I have assumptions that I’ve bit my tongue and haven’t expressed because I want to see what facts come out. But this isn’t even about me and how I feel, it’s about the world. Trumps move was an escalation that could lead to war. It came very close as it did lead to a missile attack on our bases and we have a statement from our president saying that if Iran did that he would bomb one of 52 targeted sites which again would propagate a potential war. It’s looking like he isn’t going to follow through with that threat which is a good thing IMO. 4000 troops were told on NYE that they need to pack a bag and fly to the Middle East and nobody seemed to have a clear picture what was going on. That’s scary stuff. I feel for the troops and their families. Clarity and communication is important at this time. I want the administration to do a better job.
you just don't know what you're talking about with respect to that general. you can only want one thing, more life lost keeping him alive. terminating his existence guaranteed life. it seems you give the murderer a pass. that's just sad. just saying. Trump did the world a service.

It's good to know we're staying in Iraq … today.
Iraq wants us there.
Iraq doesn't deserve us there and we should leave. They made a deal with The Devil, and allowed Iran in to their bed. Now they can sleep in the bed they made for them and Iran. Iraqis will find out soon enough that Saddam Hussein was a much Nicer Guy than Ayatollah Assahollah. And Barry Hussein was a fraud.

We can pack up and leave and let The Saudis and Israel keep them in line.

Forum List

Back