Trumps coal come back ..

Do you already have your excuses ready for when employment numbers show an increase in coal jobs?
I have no doubt people will be hired. Just not "THOSE" people.

No, they'll hire engineers, programmers, technicians and so on. Why hire uneducated people when you can program machines that don't get black lung, never get sick and don't sue? Duh!

Because people have the experience and training and your mine is not set up for robots.

Your dislike of people without college degrees is a personal problem. Of yours. Get over it.
Your mine is not set up for robots?

Oh my.

This truck is the size of a house and doesn’t have a driver

Robotics & Intelligent Systems in Mining | RoboMine - TechnoMine

1 in 4 Mining Companies Are Considering Drones

None of that justifies giving up on those jobs now.
The best thing coal miners can do is surrender to reality and start moving into other fields as soon as possible.

Or suffer some more.

You want them to deny reality and suffer more.

That's just stupid.

The miners that could easily retrain or pick up and move, have probably mostly done so.

THe average coal mining salary is 60 k a year.

That's almost twice the average for a high school grad in this country, and that's not considering the region.

You are the one that wants them to accept a major decline in life style, when there is a good chance they don't have to.

I have no doubt people will be hired. Just not "THOSE" people.

No, they'll hire engineers, programmers, technicians and so on. Why hire uneducated people when you can program machines that don't get black lung, never get sick and don't sue? Duh!

Because people have the experience and training and your mine is not set up for robots.

Your dislike of people without college degrees is a personal problem. Of yours. Get over it.

Oh my.

The best thing coal miners can do is surrender to reality and start moving into other fields as soon as possible.

Or suffer some more.

That's just stupid.

The miners that could easily retrain or pick up and move, have probably mostly done so.

That's almost twice the average for a high school grad in this country, and that's not considering the region.

You are the one that wants them to accept a major decline in life style, when there is a good chance they don't have to.
Moving on to higher paying and more reliable jobs is a major decline in life style? Really?

You are getting downright weird, now.

"If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have 'it.'"

I'm not saying anything different than what Trump says! So why are you pseudocons having such a shit fit?

98 percent of Americans were farmers.

You know what their descendants are doing now?

Software coding. Building computers and roads and skyscrapers and microchips and nanotubes and pharmaceuticals. Selling cell phones. Managing hotels. Brokering corporate mergers. Making other things.

You backward looking fools would still be trying to hold them back on the farm if you had your way.

That's what you and Trump are doing to coal miners.

98 per cent were farmers over two hundred years ago.

Did the government of 1800 just give up on farm jobs? What of the government of 1900? of 1950?

YOu've made your point but you've done nothing to support your implication that we are looking at massive and irreversible job losses in the near future, and that we should just give up on these jobs.

Oh my.

Or suffer some more.

That's just stupid.

Moving on to higher paying and more reliable jobs is a major decline in life style? Really?

They will not be higher paying jobs.

If I was a coal miner's son, I would get the fuck out of Dodge. I couldn't wait!

It's the sensible thing to do.

Or suffer some more.

That's just stupid.

There is actually a shortage of people who have the skills for high tech jobs. The high tech industries are BEGGING for talent.

So you could not be more wrong.

Or suffer some more.

That's just stupid.

There is actually a shortage of people who have the skills for high tech jobs. The high tech industries are BEGGING for talent.

Well if you far left drones would not dumb down the people in college we might have that!

If I was a coal miner's son, I would get the fuck out of Dodge. I couldn't wait!

What if you are 50, and just need 5 more years to retire with a nice pension?

Or suffer some more.

That's just stupid.

Well if you far left drones would not dumb down the people in college we might have that!
It's people like Correll who hold college in scorn. I'm the last person who does.

Idiot.

A 50 year old coal miner's son?

He should have left when Trump advised him to do so in that Playboy interview!

I guess he didn't have "it".

It's people like Correll who hold college in scorn. I'm the last person who does.

Idiot.

And the far left drones continue to prove my comments!

Or suffer some more.

That's just stupid.

For Third WOrld talent they can pay less.

Or if they do get forced to hire Americans for whatever reason, some retrained middle aged miners from West Virginia is really going to be what the cutting edge Bill Gates are looking for,

NOT.

And you are assuming that the retraining offered would be STEM jobs, and you are assuming that the miners could all pass the training, and you are assuming that they can afford to relocate,

probably missing some other obstacles.

The retraining is probably for crappier jobs, that they would have to move for.

You didn't answer the question.

What should the 50 year old miner do?

I'm a big believer in education. God only knows how many times I have said right here on this forum that we need to train our children for the jobs of tomorrow, and not the jobs of yesterday.

God only knows how many times I have said right here on this forum that the days of growing up to work in the same factory (or coal mine in this instance) as your daddy are long gone.

God only knows how many times I have said right here on this forum that at least 80 percent of the manufacturing jobs which have disappeared have been made obsolete by technology, and are never coming back.

God only knows how many times I have said right here on this forum that the hucksters who tell you they are going to bring those obsolete jobs back are fucking liars of the first degree. Criminal liars who are damaging America's future with their bogus promises and giving people false hope instead of pointing them in the right direction. Criminals who are denying generations of Americans a future.

I can't feel sorry for someone who wants to retire at age 55. We should all be working until we are at least 70.

I can't help it if the 50 year old doesn't have "it", and didn't see this coming. He must be like miketx who doesn't believe in "squiggly lines" and decides there must be real gold bricks in that briefcase the huckster is holding.

Shit, I've had to change trades several times in my life. I saw where the ball was bouncing and got ahead of it.

I learned to do that in the military. Adapt, improvise, and overcome.

Only a fool believes he can't get through life successfully today without having to constantly train, train, train, and train.

Technology moves at the speed of light. Keep up!

I can't feel sorry for someone who wants to retire at age 55. We should all be working until we are at least 70.

I can't help it if the 50 year old doesn't have "it", and didn't see this coming. He must be like miketx who doesn't believe in "squiggly lines" and decides there must be real gold bricks in that briefcase the huckster is holding.

I didn't ask you to feel sorry for him. I asked you what he should do, in your opinion.

Trump is holding out false hope for the 50 year old miner. And the 40 year old miner. And the 30 year old miner.

This is one of many reasons why I fucking hate that fucking liar with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

Forum List

Back