Trump's economy is booming—repealing tariffs will boost it even more

No. Trump put tariffs, lowered Corp tax rates and is seen as business friendly potus. This is without QE and historic low interest rates. So he actually did do something plus he completely revamped the H1B1. Obama did what specifically?

Explain how the tariffs helped lower black unemployment.

More manufacturing in house rather than importing goods. What do you mean?
Show us where the data says that US manufacturing has increased since the tariffs have started. Manufacturing has been slowing rapidly since the beginning of 2018.

None of the China manufacturing is coming back to the US, it is just moving to vietnam, and all the facts and data support this.

I'm crushing you here, sorry bud. Really you need to follow the US economic data releases or read the Wall Street Journal, then you will have some clue about what is going on with the economy.

View attachment 272712

Wait. You don’t believe lowering corporate tax rates helped lower unemployment? You’re crushing me? I work with companies that have brought mfg in house due to the tariffs on Mexico and China.

No. Trump put tariffs, lowered Corp tax rates and is seen as business friendly potus. This is without QE and historic low interest rates. So he actually did do something plus he completely revamped the H1B1. Obama did what specifically?

Show us where the data says that US manufacturing has increased since the tariffs have started. Manufacturing has been slowing rapidly since the beginning of 2018.

None of the China manufacturing is coming back to the US, it is just moving to vietnam, and all the facts and data support this.

I'm crushing you here, sorry bud. Really you need to follow the US economic data releases or read the Wall Street Journal, then you will have some clue about what is going on with the economy.

View attachment 272712
And they bought trump bs that china is paying for those tariffs lol

By November, 2015, trump was but one of 17 Republicans waiting for the primaries to begin. Crediting him with a drop in black unemployment at that time is beyond ridiculous.

Thanks for once again demonstrating for the forum that you're nothing but an imbecile who posts shit that is beyond ridiculous.

What specific policies under Obama helped black unemployment? Aside from printing money and bottoming out interest rates, which was done by the Fed and not his policies. I ll Wait Patiently. Fawn. You hypocrite asshole.
I'll go with the policies you credit trump with lowering black umemployment... showing up.

No you’re dodging. Obama had 7 years so what did he do? By Nov 2015 the country was focused on who would be coming in next so he didn’t have any policies to do anything about the unemployment. I told you since you’re a dolt that the Fed not Obama helped unemployment and black unemployment by QE and lowering rates. What specifically did Obama do?
Obama had incredible job growth in his 8 years. He inherited a country losing 800k jobs a month and turned that into a country creating 200k a month for many many years. 15 Million jobs were created under Obama. Obama created many more jobs than Trump anyway you slice it.
That poster proved himself to be an abject imbecile as he just claimed trump won in 2015.

You’re cherry picking shit. What did Obama do to lower unemployment in his 7 yrs.

What manufacturing companies have returned to the US since the tariffs took effect?

Carrier is one I work with several in MA. Curtis Industries is one for example. Do you want a list?

Carrier was just a lie that Trump told you.

The Last Shift: What Really Happened To Those Carrier Jobs Trump Saved

Please show the data that supports your claim that Curtis industries brought jobs back from overseas after the tariffs took effect.

It is a private company. You ll have to take my word for it unfortunately.

Tramp won nothing in Nov 2015, but nice of you to continue giving Tramp credit for Obama's work.......

You're a lying sack of shit as usual.

Obama and Biden can’t take credit for the soaring Trump economy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/23/what-biden-gets-wrong-about-trump-economy/

......given the meager Obama-Biden economic legacy, claims that the Republican tax cut was an unnecessary stimulus in an already improving economy fall flat. The Trump administration’s policies have finally produced the economic benefits that American workers should have experienced coming out of the recession but did not.
You almost have to feel sorry for Joe Biden, running against such compelling economic success. His election hopes hinge on persuading voters to believe a fairy tale about the stellar Obama-Biden economy now in danger of being squandered by Trump. Biden is reputedly good at retail politics, but even for him, that will be a tough sell

Wait. You don’t believe lowering corporate tax rates helped lower unemployment? You’re crushing me? I work with companies that have brought mfg in house due to the tariffs on Mexico and China.

I do not think that lowering corporate tax rates helped lower unemployment. Corporations do not hire people simply because they are making more profit.

You call this booming????

This is what our financial markets have done since Trump started the trade war...this is not booming, this is stagnation.

DJI up 1.59% . An annual growth rate of 1.04%
S&P up 4.33%. An annual growth rate of 2.84%
NASDAQ up 12.56%. An annual growth rate of 8.23%
SmallCap 2000 down 3.99. An annual growth rate of -2.62
The market goes up when people are fired; you know...cost cutting.
But you already knew that.

Since the lame duck timeline of Obama black unemployment dropped 3.4%
What work? Name one thing he did to lower black unemployment.
Back at you, name one thing Tramp did to lower black unemployment while Obama was a lame duck. What bill did he pass in Nov 2015 that lowered black unemployment. :asshole:
LOL

That idiot actually cited trump policies that went into effect after black unemployment broke the previous low rate of 7.0%.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

What manufacturing companies have returned to the US since the tariffs took effect?

Carrier is one I work with several in MA. Curtis Industries is one for example. Do you want a list?

Please show the data that supports your claim that Curtis industries brought jobs back from overseas after the tariffs took effect.

You will understand my reluctance. It is hard to believe that steel being more expensive helped a company like Curtis.

I do not think that lowering corporate tax rates helped lower unemployment. Corporations do not hire people simply because they are making more profit.

Of course they are as they invest in R&D and growth. My wife’s company is expanding for the first time in years.

Trump's Numbers July 2019 Update - FactCheck.org

08/04/19 07:00 AM EDT

You have probably heard the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
That saying could be applied to our economy right now. In this regard, it seems that President Trump can do almost no wrong, with the Dow and S&P 500 hitting all-time highs in July, job growth continuing to exceed expectations, and unemployment at a 50-year low.
The catalyst for this booming economy can be found in the president’s regulation slashing early in his presidency and his signing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which put more money back in the hands of American companies and families

ME: Just a reminder of why we voted for Trump. Promises Made, Promises Kept!
A booming economy. And the wall is starting to go up. Unemployment is at a 50 year low. God Bless Donald J Trump!

Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours
It's Trump's Booming Economy, Not Obama's | Investor's Business Daily

The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then. Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%

Meanwhile, the same reporters now patting Obama on the back for today's strong economy were reporting in late 2016 about how — as The New York Times put it — "the underlying reality of low growth will haunt whoever wins the White House."

Scientific Consensus

Still not convinced Trump deserves credit for the current booming economy? Consider that a survey of 68 business, financial and academic economists by The Wall Street Journal at the start of this year found that most believed Trump's policies would boost the economy, while the same group had said Obama's policies were a drag on long-term growth. Ninety percent said Trump's tax cuts would accelerate growth. It is what the left would, in another context, call a "scientific consensus."

Yet to listen to liberal activists and the ideological press and you'd think that Trump was crazy for claiming credit for today's growth. "The economic expansion we're enjoying today was set in motion under Obama," insists Slate's Jordan Weissmann. Doesn't this make people like Obama and Weissmann "economy deniers?"

Last edited:
Since the lame duck timeline of Obama black unemployment dropped 3.4%
What work? Name one thing he did to lower black unemployment.
Back at you, name one thing Tramp did to lower black unemployment while Obama was a lame duck. What bill did he pass in Nov 2015 that lowered black unemployment. :asshole:
LOL

That idiot actually cited trump policies that went into effect after black unemployment broke the previous low rate of 7.0%.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Trump's Numbers July 2019 Update - FactCheck.org

7% thanks to the Fed and I told you that DJT didn’t benefit from QE or historic low rates. How do you explain that?

By November, 2015, trump was but one of 17 Republicans waiting for the primaries to begin. Crediting him with a drop in black unemployment at that time is beyond ridiculous.

Thanks for once again demonstrating for the forum that you're nothing but an imbecile who posts shit that is beyond ridiculous.

What specific policies under Obama helped black unemployment? Aside from printing money and bottoming out interest rates, which was done by the Fed and not his policies. I ll Wait Patiently. Fawn. You hypocrite asshole.
I'll go with the policies you credit trump with lowering black umemployment... showing up.

No you’re dodging. Obama had 7 years so what did he do? By Nov 2015 the country was focused on who would be coming in next so he didn’t have any policies to do anything about the unemployment. I told you since you’re a dolt that the Fed not Obama helped unemployment and black unemployment by QE and lowering rates. What specifically did Obama do?
How could I be dodging when I gave the same answer you did?

Obama lowered corporate tax rates?
You gave credit to trump winning in November, 2015, when at that point, all he did was to show up. Since you credit showing up with lowering the unemployment rate, why does that not also apply to Obama?

You will understand my reluctance. It is hard to believe that steel being more expensive helped a company like Curtis.

Tariffs were too high to offset labor and shipping costs so they brought everything in house.

View attachment 272712

Yea and substantially more companies have cut back. LOOK AT THE CHART I POSTED. US manufacturing has slowed rapidly since the beginning of 2018 when the tariffs started coming into play. So far the tariffs have hurt more than helped and it is obvious in the data. It is undeniable. Sorry bud.

Can you not read the chart???
?
-US-PMI-2019-05-23.png

You gave credit to trump winning in November, 2015, when at that point, all he did was to show up. Since you credit showing up with lowering the unemployment rate, why does that not also apply to Obama?

No. I said By nov 2015 Obama was a lame duck. And he was.

View attachment 272712

Yea and substantially more companies have cut back. LOOK AT THE CHART I POSTED. US manufacturing has slowed rapidly since the beginning of 2018 when the tariffs started coming into play. So far the tariffs have hurt more than helped and it is obvious in the data. It is undeniable. Sorry bud.

?View attachment 272713

You keep ignoring the lower corporate tax rates. Can you not read?

View attachment 272712

?View attachment 272713

You a banker? Let’s play.

US manufacturing jobs defy gravity of trade war -- but risks are mounting

Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours
It's Trump's Booming Economy, Not Obama's | Investor's Business Daily

The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

Your article is bullshit. Trump has not had a quarter that was 4.2% GDP growth. The quarter that this article mentions was 3.5%. The following Qrt was 2.9% and the one after that was 1.1%.

Do try and keep up with the real data.

No. I said By nov 2015 Obama was a lame duck. And he was.

But that still does not give credit to Trump who was just one of 17 people running in Nov 2015. Every time you try and give Trump credit for that you lose credibility.

Forum List

Back