Trump's economy is booming—repealing tariffs will boost it even more

Explain how the tariffs helped lower black unemployment.

More manufacturing in house rather than importing goods. What do you mean?
Show us where the data says that US manufacturing has increased since the tariffs have started. Manufacturing has been slowing rapidly since the beginning of 2018.

None of the China manufacturing is coming back to the US, it is just moving to vietnam, and all the facts and data support this.

I'm crushing you here, sorry bud. Really you need to follow the US economic data releases or read the Wall Street Journal, then you will have some clue about what is going on with the economy.

View attachment 272712

Wait. You don’t believe lowering corporate tax rates helped lower unemployment? You’re crushing me? I work with companies that have brought mfg in house due to the tariffs on Mexico and China.
Yea and substantially more companies have cut back. LOOK AT THE CHART I POSTED. US manufacturing has slowed rapidly since the beginning of 2018 when the tariffs started coming into play. So far the tariffs have hurt more than helped and it is obvious in the data. It is undeniable. Sorry bud.

Can you not read the chart???
?View attachment 272713

You a banker? Let’s play.

US manufacturing jobs defy gravity of trade war -- but risks are mounting

The Labor Department pointed out that average manufacturing job growth has slowed "markedly" from a year ago, when growth averaged 22,000 per month.

Right from your article. Overall the tariffs have slowed manufacturing and the data proves it. If we had no tariffs we would have stronger manufacturing and more manufacturing jobs.

Trump's tariffs slowing down US manufacturing, industry says

This is right from the manufacturing industry itself. So who are we to believe the manufacturing industry or some jerk off on a message board?? I think I'll go with the people from the manufacturing industry. You just can't beat me because you are on the wrong side of this issue. You're trying to argue the impossible, you just don't get it.

No you’re dodging. Obama had 7 years so what did he do? By Nov 2015 the country was focused on who would be coming in next so he didn’t have any policies to do anything about the unemployment. I told you since you’re a dolt that the Fed not Obama helped unemployment and black unemployment by QE and lowering rates. What specifically did Obama do?
How could I be dodging when I gave the same answer you did?

Obama lowered corporate tax rates?
You gave credit to trump winning in November, 2015, when at that point, all he did was to show up. Since you credit showing up with lowering the unemployment rate, why does that not also apply to Obama?

No. I said By nov 2015 Obama was a lame duck. And he was.

But that still does not give credit to Trump who was just one of 17 people running in Nov 2015. Every time you try and give Trump credit for that you lose credibility.
Trump deserves some credit for this growth. His policies have definitely helped it speed up, and that is undeniable. BUT all he did was borrow trillions of dollars to fund massive spending increases and tax breaks that we can't afford so did he do anything net positive? Not really.

No. Trump put tariffs, lowered Corp tax rates and is seen as business friendly potus. This is without QE and historic low interest rates. So he actually did do something plus he completely revamped the H1B1. Obama did what specifically?

Explain how the tariffs helped lower black unemployment.

More manufacturing in house rather than importing goods. What do you mean?
Show us where the data says that US manufacturing has increased since the tariffs have started. Manufacturing has been slowing rapidly since the beginning of 2018.

None of the China manufacturing is coming back to the US, it is just moving to vietnam, and all the facts and data support this.

I'm crushing you here, sorry bud. Really you need to follow the US economic data releases or read the Wall Street Journal, then you will have some clue about what is going on with the economy.

View attachment 272712

Wait. You don’t believe lowering corporate tax rates helped lower unemployment? You’re crushing me? I work with companies that have brought mfg in house due to the tariffs on Mexico and China.
LOLOLOL

Dumbfuck... Black unemployment went from its post recession high of 16.8% to 6.7% before trump's tax cuts went into effect. Even worse for you -- most of that drop occurred after Obama raised taxes.

The Labor Department pointed out that average manufacturing job growth has slowed "markedly" from a year ago, when growth averaged 22,000 per month.

Right from your article. Overall the tariffs have slowed manufacturing and the data proves it. If we had no tariffs we would have stronger manufacturing and more manufacturing jobs.

Trump's tariffs slowing down US manufacturing, industry says

This is right from the manufacturing industry itself. So who are we to believe the manufacturing industry or some jerk off on a message board?? I think I'll go with the people from the manufacturing industry. You just can't beat me because you are on the wrong side of this issue. You're trying to argue the impossible, you just don't get it.

So, the economy went from super-duper great to merely super great. That does not alter the point of the OP article. The economy is booming.

If I were driving 200 mph down the freeway and I reduced speed to 190 mph, you would no doubt say that I started driving terribly slowly. LOL

Dumbfuck... Black unemployment went from its post recession high of 16.8% to 6.7% before trump's tax cuts went into effect. Even worse for you -- most of that drop occurred after Obama raised taxes.

You are a pathological liar who has no credibility in this forum.

What specific policies under Obama helped black unemployment? Aside from printing money and bottoming out interest rates, which was done by the Fed and not his policies. I ll Wait Patiently. Fawn. You hypocrite asshole.
I'll go with the policies you credit trump with lowering black umemployment... showing up.

No you’re dodging. Obama had 7 years so what did he do? By Nov 2015 the country was focused on who would be coming in next so he didn’t have any policies to do anything about the unemployment. I told you since you’re a dolt that the Fed not Obama helped unemployment and black unemployment by QE and lowering rates. What specifically did Obama do?
Obama had incredible job growth in his 8 years. He inherited a country losing 800k jobs a month and turned that into a country creating 200k a month for many many years. 15 Million jobs were created under Obama. Obama created many more jobs than Trump anyway you slice it.
That poster proved himself to be an abject imbecile as he just claimed trump won in 2015.

You’re cherry picking shit. What did Obama do to lower unemployment in his 7 yrs.
Actually, I'm quoting you.

AzogtheDefiler: To illustrate that when Trump won it was 9.4% and now it is 6%.

Faun: WTF did trump win in November, 2015? :cuckoo:

AzogtheDefiler: Nothing.

Libtards can't decide which lie to use.

Lie #1. The wonderful economy is due to what Obama did 3 years ago.

Lie #2. The economy sucks.

Pick a lie and stick with it.

You gave credit to trump winning in November, 2015, when at that point, all he did was to show up. Since you credit showing up with lowering the unemployment rate, why does that not also apply to Obama?

But that still does not give credit to Trump who was just one of 17 people running in Nov 2015. Every time you try and give Trump credit for that you lose credibility.
Trump deserves some credit for this growth. His policies have definitely helped it speed up, and that is undeniable. BUT all he did was borrow trillions of dollars to fund massive spending increases and tax breaks that we can't afford so did he do anything net positive? Not really.

I agree. But his policies have impacted unemployment

Since the lame duck timeline of Obama black unemployment dropped 3.4%
What work? Name one thing he did to lower black unemployment.
Back at you, name one thing Tramp did to lower black unemployment while Obama was a lame duck. What bill did he pass in Nov 2015 that lowered black unemployment. :asshole:
LOL

That idiot actually cited trump policies that went into effect after black unemployment broke the previous low rate of 7.0%.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Trump's Numbers July 2019 Update - FactCheck.org

7% thanks to the Fed and I told you that DJT didn’t benefit from QE or historic low rates. How do you explain that?
That's what you claim, though you also cited Carrier as an example of benefits from trump's tariffs and you cited trump's tax cuts for black unemployment even though black unemployment broke the previous record low of 7.0% before trump's tax cuts and while we were still operating under Obama's tax increases.

So now that you've shown the forum your eagerness to lie just to fluff trump, I hope you understand why some others will dismiss your eagernessly posted bullshit.

I am Not giving Trump credit I am taking it away from Obama

Back at you, name one thing Tramp did to lower black unemployment while Obama was a lame duck. What bill did he pass in Nov 2015 that lowered black unemployment. :asshole:
LOL

That idiot actually cited trump policies that went into effect after black unemployment broke the previous low rate of 7.0%.

7% thanks to the Fed and I told you that DJT didn’t benefit from QE or historic low rates. How do you explain that?
That's what you claim, though you also cited Carrier as an example of benefits from trump's tariffs and you cited trump's tax cuts for black unemployment even though black unemployment broke the previous record low of 7.0% before trump's tax cuts and while we were still operating under Obama's tax increases.

So now that you've shown the forum your eagerness to lie just to fluff trump, I hope you understand why some others will dismiss your eagernessly posted bullshit.

You have yet to illustrate one Obama policy that helped lower unemployment. Just one!

I'll go with the policies you credit trump with lowering black umemployment... showing up.

Liar. You said trump won in November, 2015. When shown what an idiot you are, you then admitted he won nothing.

You are a pathological liar who has no credibility in this forum.
Sorry, but ad-homimin in lieu of argument fails you.

Miserably.

LOL

You have yet to illustrate one Obama policy that helped lower unemployment. Just one!
Liar, I cited the same thing you cited about trump.

Liar. You said trump won in November, 2015. When shown what an idiot you are, you then admitted he won nothing.

No. I said he was well into his run. Again name one policy under BHO that lowered unemployment

LOL

Liar, I cited the same thing you cited about trump.

Obama was first so in his 7 years before he became a lame duck what did he do to specifically lower unemployment. Thanks.

No. I said he was well into his run. Again name one policy under BHO that lowered unemployment
You just can't stop lying, can ya, moron? You idiotically said "Trump won" in November, 2015...

AzogtheDefiler: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

9.4% in Nov 2015.

Golfing Gator: Why did you repeat what he just posted?

(emphasis added to highlight AzogtheDefiler's lies and idiocies)

:dance:

You just can't stop lying, can ya, moron? You idiotically said "Trump won" in November, 2015...

AzogtheDefiler: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

9.4% in Nov 2015.

Golfing Gator: Why did you repeat what he just posted?

(emphasis added to highlight AzogtheDefiler's lies and idiocies)

:dance:

????? Not won when he ran. Are you going to answer me or not?

What polices did Trump put into place in Nov 2015 to lower the UE rate?

Obama inherited the Bush collapse, an utter mess and no president has ever inherited a mess that bad. It was epic, and republicans fail to acknowledge just how bad they failed.
Obama economic policy:
Obama and the FED created a stimulus plan that would add easy money and low rates into the economy to try and start investment after an extreme economic collapse and the subsequent multi-year foreclosure crisis. Together the policy stabilized and increased asset prices so stocks and realestate could stabilize and increase. This is turn increased people's wealth and assets which started the recovery. The stimulus plan also helped increase consumer spending and initiate more hiring. It clearly worked. BUT Obama could have done more. The regulations on the banks were bad and hurt more than they protected people, also he could have created a more pro business environment to also promote more growth.

In total Obama did alright. he inherited an utter mess, fixed it, 15 million jobs were created, and he passed off a solid economy, with annual deficits that were semi under control. But he could have done better with more pro growth policies like Trump did. The problem is Trump's policies are terrible for long term success because trump's plan is based on increased government spending and debt and not even remotely sustainable. We are on a very dangerous path. If Trump can somehow achieve another 4 years of growth etc like Clinton, then he will be great, but if this crashes viciously like Bush he will be terrible and the GOP party will have failed again. remember 2005-6 I'm sure you people thought everything was great then, how'd that turnout?
PS we just cut interest rates which is a sign of weakness not strength.

Forum List

Back