Trump’s lawyer was known for taping conversations, stoking fears the FBI has the recordings

trump has always been afraid to talk to mueller.

he should be afraid now that mueller doesn't need to talk to him.

This part hit home>>>
If Trump were to decline a voluntary interview, his legal team discussed making the case that a sitting president can’t be subpoenaed, according to people familiar with the discussions. The argument hinges on the idea that a sitting president can’t be indicted, with Trump’s lawyers surmising that if a president can’t be indicted he can’t be subpoenaed

I wonder if it was the rationale for the raid?

~S~

bill clinton thought a sitting president couldn't be subpoenaed

he was wrong

see us v. nixon

trump really ought to get some competent legal representation soonish, that decision was handed down 45 years ago

He's gotta find a competent lawyer willing to waste his career , that's going to cost a bit.

"Ouch!"

Too bad he's so much better at firing than he is at hiring.

'Nice titties' isn't the only criteria, ya know!

Had a young senator Obama walked on to a convention stage with several children from multiple wives and audio/video confirmation that he was a pussy-grabbing snatch hound, the right would have crucified him.

Careful there Bud.... Your double standards are showing.​

Well, if you recall Hussaine was a total flop at his first convention. And that was not because he was a coke snorting homosexual. He had no charisma and no machismo! Then the MSM went to work...and douchebags like you began to worship the Kenyan with no fucking birth certificate and no college records, the alleged "community organizer" of nothing. Do the math punk. Hussaine was a CIA/FBI asset to undermine the USA.

Sniffing glue or eating paint chips will cause you to say/post stupid shit.

This part hit home>>>
If Trump were to decline a voluntary interview, his legal team discussed making the case that a sitting president can’t be subpoenaed, according to people familiar with the discussions. The argument hinges on the idea that a sitting president can’t be indicted, with Trump’s lawyers surmising that if a president can’t be indicted he can’t be subpoenaed

~S~

he was wrong

see us v. nixon

trump really ought to get some competent legal representation soonish, that decision was handed down 45 years ago

Yeah well, i remember Tricky Dicky flyin' off in his presidential chopper del, it was like the whole country was finally able to breathe....

But i digress, it's apperaing to me (and i may be wrong) that the 'Trump legal team' and 'Mueller legal team' could have sat down and didn't

Wheather this directly involved president Trump or not is irrelevant, what is relevant is that negotiations , as in negotiating down potential felonies are now off the table

~S~

Had a young senator Obama walked on to a convention stage with several children from multiple wives and audio/video confirmation that he was a pussy-grabbing snatch hound, the right would have crucified him.

Careful there Bud.... Your double standards are showing.​

Well, if you recall Hussaine was a total flop at his first convention. And that was not because he was a coke snorting homosexual. He had no charisma and no machismo! Then the MSM went to work...and douchebags like you began to worship the Kenyan with no fucking birth certificate and no college records, the alleged "community organizer" of nothing. Do the math punk. Hussaine was a CIA/FBI asset to undermine the USA.

Sniffing glue or eating paint chips will cause you to say/post stupid shit.
Voice of experience?

If the warrant is legal (no reason to think otherwise), then what is seized is fair game.

"if the warrant is legal" seems a bit overbroad to me. There are warrants which are ENTIRELY OPEN-ENDED? I did not know that.
I thought that they have to be kinda specific

del, assuming you managed to graduate from your unknown high school, did you obtain a college degree, somewhere...anywhere? Sorry mods...if del has an issue with his lack of formal education, I respect that!

Allies of President Trump are worried that recordings made by Michael D. Cohen were seized by federal investigators in a raid of Cohen’s office and residences. Legal experts said Cohen’s taped conversations — digital files that he used to replay for colleagues — “would be considered a gold mine” for prosecutors.

Cohen, who served for a decade as a lawyer at the Trump Organization and is a close confidant of Trump, was known to store the conversations using digital files and then replay them for colleagues, according to people who have interacted with him.

“We heard he had some proclivity to make tapes,” said one Trump adviser, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation. “Now we are wondering, who did he tape? Did he store those someplace where they were actually seized? . . . Did they find his recordings?”

Trump’s allies worry that federal investigators may have seized recordings made by his attorney

t
his could be interesting

as far as I know, ANYBODY can legally record and save conversations on his own phone and without the consent of
the other guy. It is not clear to me that such recordings can
simply be CONFISCATED willy-nilly by the cops.
Since he is a lawyer, a judge will have to review those tapes, determining which are covered by client privilege. However, if they involve a crime, they are not covered. Yes, this is going to be interesting.

Nixon tapes cough cough all over again.
That's what brought him down.
Looks like the seized them before they could be deleted

As Trumps “fixer” he should have all the dirt on Crooked Donnie

MaryAnn11, the "feds" have no evidence of a crime. del, you nitwit, what is it about vaginas that scares you? What if The Donald banged Pamela Anderson? Would that cause you concern?
Now dumbass, they had to have evidence of a crime even to get the warrants. Damn, and you talk about someone else's lack of education. LOL

Allies of President Trump are worried that recordings made by Michael D. Cohen were seized by federal investigators in a raid of Cohen’s office and residences. Legal experts said Cohen’s taped conversations — digital files that he used to replay for colleagues — “would be considered a gold mine” for prosecutors.

Cohen, who served for a decade as a lawyer at the Trump Organization and is a close confidant of Trump, was known to store the conversations using digital files and then replay them for colleagues, according to people who have interacted with him.

“We heard he had some proclivity to make tapes,” said one Trump adviser, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation. “Now we are wondering, who did he tape? Did he store those someplace where they were actually seized? . . . Did they find his recordings?”

Trump’s allies worry that federal investigators may have seized recordings made by his attorney

t
his could be interesting

as far as I know, ANYBODY can legally record and save conversations on his own phone and without the consent of
the other guy. It is not clear to me that such recordings can
simply be CONFISCATED willy-nilly by the cops.
Since he is a lawyer, a judge will have to review those tapes, determining which are covered by client privilege. However, if they involve a crime, they are not covered. Yes, this is going to be interesting.

what about simple PERSONAL STUFF -------like his mom yelling
at him for missing Christmas supper? Don't search and seizure
warrants have to be SPECIFIC TO THE ISSUE?

There are so many ways of retrieving information today there is no way you can hide.

Rosemary Woods tapes,and her 15 minutes erased could never happen today.

Kristol was just on saying it is time for a small group of Republicans to confront Trump, the way they did Nixon. Funny,with this spineless bunch.
Kristol has been a Trump hater from day one. It's time for Republicans to start going after these deep state douchebags with a vengeance.

I beg your pardon.

A whole group of Republicans are banding together runnng ads against Trump

And, Orrin Hatch just made it clear to Trump he better NOT fire Mueller!

Do you honestly think all Republicans are going down with Trump?

They are turning on him and Republicans in Congress are quitting in droves because they know this Ship Of Fools is going down!

Nixon tapes cough cough all over again.
That's what brought him down.
Looks like the seized them before they could be deleted

As Trumps “fixer” he should have all the dirt on Crooked Donnie

looks like? you got the goods on the contents of the confiscated
stuff?

No one has the information Mueller has. But it is now spreading to State and Trump can not stop or pardon those.

Do you guys honestly think those in the Justice system just cam off the Turnip truck? That would be Trump,Cohen and their merry gang of thugs.

This part hit home>>>

~S~

he was wrong

see us v. nixon

Yeah well, i remember Tricky Dicky flyin' off in his presidential chopper del, it was like the whole country was finally able to breathe....

But i digress, it's apperaing to me (and i may be wrong) that the 'Trump legal team' and 'Mueller legal team' could have sat down and didn't

Wheather this directly involved president Trump or not is irrelevant, what is relevant is that negotiations , as in negotiating down potential felonies are now off the table

~S~

That was a great day. I can still see it.

BTW, I think Ford would have made a great President, because it took courage for him to Pardom and tell us,” This long nightmare has finnaly ended!”

Much smarter than Reagan .

Forum List

Back