Trump's Short List Of VP Candidates

Maybe he shouldn't chose a running mate

That might be an idea there. Just open it up to the Convention next month and let those folks decide their own Vice Presidential nominee?

That's been done before, I think FDR did it during the 1944 convention.

We might get someone better than Trump himself could have picked personally. President Trump probably couldn't pick Don Jr. for the job without being accused of nepotism. But if the convention chose him on their own, a Trump-Trump Jr. ticket could be a tremendous winner.

Last time, Trump's handlers got him to pick Mike Pence because they believe he needed to hang onto the evangelical base, which may not have supported Trump's lifestyle choices. Looking back, Trump obviously isn't happy with that decision.

This time, I think Trump is going to do things his way. He would like a strategic selection (like Pence was with the evanglicals), but he's going to favor someone who will kiss his ass, lacks principles or integrity, and who will do whatever Trump wants (which Pence did not do).

Right now, I think it will be one of the following:

Kristi Noem
JD Vance
Vivek Ramaswamy

And an unlikely selection that wouldn't surprise me is Jim Jordan.

Exactly what do you fail to understand about:

of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves.

Article 2, Section 1, Clause 3 USSC

Read the rest of the Constitution, dumbass! If you look closely, you will see your referenced wording was superceded by the 12th Amendment. I taught this topic for 21 years. You are dead wrong.

Last edited:
The 12th Amendment applies.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;

That means Florida electors can vote for Trump but cannot vote for Rubio as VP. It's right there for any moron to see.

Last time, Trump's handlers got him to pick Mike Pence because they believe he needed to hang onto the evangelical base, which may not have supported Trump's lifestyle choices. Looking back, Trump obviously isn't happy with that decision.

This time, I think Trump is going to do things his way. He would like a strategic selection (like Pence was with the evanglicals), but he's going to favor someone who will kiss his ass, lacks principles or integrity, and who will do whatever Trump wants (which Pence did not do).

Right now, I think it will be one of the following:

Kristi Noem
JD Vance
Vivek Ramaswamy

And an unlikely selection that wouldn't surprise me is Jim Jordan.
Can't mess up the congress balance now.
Noems toast.
Vivek better for some other roll where he can express opinions/views.

Trump should pick one of those two murdering gangbanger drug dealers he brought on stage to endorse him last week.

Convict Trump wouldn't look so bad standing next to one of them.

Can't. He's a convicted felon, and cannot associate with anyone with a criminal record. His status as a candidate does not excuse from that.

In fact what everybody has overlooked. Trump is a convicted felon. He has no rights. He can be stopped, searched, drug tested, prohibited from traveling, arrested at anytime for any violation of his terms of probation.

Read the rest of the Constitution, dumbass! If you look closely, you will see your referenced wording was superceded by the 12th Amendment. I taught this topic for 21 years. You are dead wrong.

Well moron, you taught it wrong. The 12th did not alter the eligibility to be president or Vice President.

Last edited:
The 12th Amendment applies.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;

That means Florida electors can vote for Trump but cannot vote for Rubio as VP. It's right there for any moron to see.

You obviously don't understand what "shall" means, they have to cast ballots for both. And no one is going to give away 30 electoral votes for either.

Last edited:
Well moron, you taught it wrong. The 12th did not alter the eligibility to be president or Vice President.

You obviously did not read it if that is what you think. The 12th changed the process completely and was passed to prevent the loser from becoming VP as originally was written. get a fucking history degree and teacher certification before arguing shit you don't know.

You obviously don't understand what "shall" means, they have to cast ballots for both. And no one is going to give away 30 electoral votes for either.

It doesn't say shall. It says shall not. That means Florida electors can vote for Trump or Rubio, but not for because they are from the same state as the elector. That's where the "one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;" comes in!

Please push the "I believe" button and stop embarrassing yourself.

Forum List

Back