🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trumps twitter followers consist of 15 million robots--FAKE/misleading news and how it's spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know how we're going to stop fake or misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

"Google, whether you’re aware of it or not, is a total slaughterhouse. Trump’s data team (he’s reportedly set up a “war room” to combat the Russia story) has weaponized information, and for about a year now has been slaying American brains: Trump supporters’ brains. It started with the election, then died down, but now it’s coming back, vengeful and desperate.

As a result, we’re at a pivotal point not just in the life of our democracy, but in how we think, read, and make choices. Selective information is being presented to us in a way that encourages selective reading and offers psychological and social rewards for, to put it bluntly, being stupid and submissive and spreading stupid to submit others.

This is, of course, about the truth, and about the cognitive and emotional vulnerabilities of Americans. This is nothing new for propagandists. What’s different now is that this propaganda is being gamed by professionals in a massive, orchestrated data campaign at a volume, pace, and consistency that not only muddies the truth, but completely eclipses the truth. Destroys the very notion of truth.

I can describe it in no other terms but a war.

The truth about the truth is that we believe because we want to, because our ability to think independently is a point of pride for Americans. The people behind the curtain are telling us the same story we tell ourselves about ourselves. But this is also a vulnerability: Independence is in its purist form a kind of division. If you exploit it the right way, you can turn a democracy against itself. If I think about this for too long I grow terrified and want to take everyone’s computer away. But it might be too late.

Beyond the Bots: Trump’s Twitter Toupee

"The past few days, we’ve seen some good reporting about the surge of Trump bots on social media. (Bots are automated, non-human accounts.) And though he didn’t, as some people have claimed, net five million new Twitter followers in three days (though he did gain three million in May), nearly half of his followers, a full 49 percent, aren’t real people.

That’s right: "Trump is being followed by 15 million robots."

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this article. It also gives examples.
How the Trump-Russia Data Machine Games Google to Fool Americans

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

LMAO!!! Who the fuck is Richard Sollenberger anyway? Trump and Russian are "gaming" Google? That statement alone tells me that this article is total bullshit.; Google is a CIA asset and a spy tool and THEY are the ones that manipulate which stories or articles show up on the search feature...the fact that you don't know this only proves that you are the one with no critical thinking skills.

Brain dead is being a liberal communist murdering treasonist LIKE you, HAHAHAAA, have yo sef a nasc dey yawl.

"Google, whether you’re aware of it or not, is a total slaughterhouse. Trump’s data team (he’s reportedly set up a “war room” to combat the Russia story) has weaponized information,
You are full of shit. The least supported "story" (you even call it a "story") of the past year has been the nonsense with Russia. Trump SHOULD set up a war room to combat the concerted effort by the Jewish-controlled press to bring him down with actual fake news. And you use that war room as evidence Trump is a propagandist? In my life, I've noticed that Jews will frequently accuse you of doing something they themselves are doing at that very moment. Are you Jewish?

Anyone so totally convinced Trump and those that support him are dolts, idiots, blind stupid, etc., while everyone else (I assume democrats, Hillary supporters, et. al.,) are paragons of wisdom, sanity, truth and the American way are so blind numbingly brainwashed and polarized as to be beyond all hope worth replying to.

So lefties are still upset Trump is making their preferred DNC news outlets irrelevant.

That still leaves Obama with almost 60 million more twitter followers :thup:

I bet that drives Trump nuts

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

I doubt you can get through an article like this anyway. You need to have reading comprehension skills and an attention span that lasts longer than a gnat.

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg
Oh look, more cartoons! That should help the left understand.

Really I was under the distinct impression that cartoons were the only thing the right wing could understand. After all they elected a clown.

trump-followers-daily-news.jpg

How did he hurt you cupcake?

We just curious about that one..

I really don't know how we're going to stop fake and misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

"Google, whether you’re aware of it or not, is a total slaughterhouse. Trump’s data team (he’s reportedly set up a “war room” to combat the Russia story) has weaponized information, and for about a year now has been slaying American brains: Trump supporters’ brains. It started with the election, then died down, but now it’s coming back, vengeful and desperate.

As a result, we’re at a pivotal point not just in the life of our democracy, but in how we think, read, and make choices. Selective information is being presented to us in a way that encourages selective reading and offers psychological and social rewards for, to put it bluntly, being stupid and submissive and spreading stupid to submit others.

This is, of course, about the truth, and about the cognitive and emotional vulnerabilities of Americans. This is nothing new for propagandists. What’s different now is that this propaganda is being gamed by professionals in a massive, orchestrated data campaign at a volume, pace, and consistency that not only muddies the truth, but completely eclipses the truth. Destroys the very notion of truth.

The truth about the truth is that we believe because we want to, because our ability to think independently is a point of pride for Americans. The people behind the curtain are telling us the same story we tell ourselves about ourselves. But this is also a vulnerability: Independence is in its purist form a kind of division. If you exploit it the right way, you can turn a democracy against itself. If I think about this for too long I grow terrified and want to take everyone’s computer away. But it might be too late.

"The past few days, we’ve seen some good reporting about the surge of Trump bots on social media. (Bots are automated, non-human accounts.) And though he didn’t, as some people have claimed, net five million new Twitter followers in three days (though he did gain three million in May), nearly half of his followers, a full 49 percent, aren’t real people.

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

He's got nothing on Obama

Barack Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake Twitter followers | Daily Mail Online

Ahhh, the old grade school nanananabooboo tactic. Diabolical!
Can we get a sneak peek of the mama in combat boots retort? It's a classic too!

Physco-babble still won't get you through the article--and your distraction won't stop others from reading it.

That may or may not be true, however, your asshattedness will. :)

No one reads it

Except idiots like you

I doubt you can get through an article like this anyway. You need to have reading comprehension skills and an attention span that lasts longer than a gnat.

Oreo has nothing....no debate or discussion skills. He throws some chum in the water but he never can "hook" anything.

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg
Oh look, more cartoons! That should help the left understand.

Really I was under the distinct impression that cartoons were the only thing the right wing could understand. After all they elected a clown.

trump-followers-daily-news.jpg

How did he hurt you cupcake?

We just curious about that one..

What was the names of those two fake guys he pretended to be?

John Miller and Barron Miller, right?

What's even more weird than him making up friends is that "Barron/Baron" was the name of his doorman.

The orange prez of the US actually named his youngest kid after the doorman.

The more we learn about this guy, the more freakish we see he really is.

[emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I really don't know how we're going to stop fake and misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg

He's got nothing on Obama

Barack Obama has 19.5 MILLION fake Twitter followers | Daily Mail Online

Ahhh, the old grade school nanananabooboo tactic. Diabolical!
Can we get a sneak peek of the mama in combat boots retort? It's a classic too!

Physco-babble still won't get you through the article--and your distraction won't stop others from reading it.

That may or may not be true, however, your asshattedness will. :)

Several examples that are listed in the article are true--but I doubt you've taken the time to read it.

"Google, whether you’re aware of it or not, is a total slaughterhouse. Trump’s data team (he’s reportedly set up a “war room” to combat the Russia story) has weaponized information,
You are full of shit. The least supported "story" (you even call it a "story") of the past year has been the nonsense with Russia. Trump SHOULD set up a war room to combat the concerted effort by the Jewish-controlled press to bring him down with actual fake news. And you use that war room as evidence Trump is a propagandist? In my life, I've noticed that Jews will frequently accuse you of doing something they themselves are doing at that very moment. Are you Jewish?

There are several examples in the article that are true--and I have seen them posted on this board.

"A couple weeks ago I saw an insane person on my Facebook feed screaming about how Obama had leaked classified information about the Bin Laden raid that got people killed. I’d never heard anything about this, and the raid was six years ago, and this guy was a total right-wing crackpot, which is the trifecta for guaranteeing at least fifteen full minutes of batshit conspiracy theory misinfotainment. So I duly Googled “obama classified information bin laden.” If you do that right now, here’s what you get."

RogerS1-thumb-468x567-624464.png

Let’s ignore the criminal level of stupidity for a minute. Look instead at the dates on those articles. May 16 and 17 of this year. This year. The Bin Laden raid, again, was six fucking years ago. What’s happening here? Why are all these different white nationalist news sites suddenly writing about this together? Why did they start doing it on May 16? Why do those articles even exist?

Well, on May 15, you might remember, The Washington Post broke this little gem: President Trump shared top secret intel with the Russian Foreign Minister and Russian Ambassador. In the Oval Office. In front of Russian state media."

Then this:

Now let’s see exactly what’s up here. Together, we’re going to Google the phrase “trump no evidence collusion.” (And because Google searches change over time, I’ll drop screenshots of my results here.) What will emerge is a picture of an invisible hand writing a specific argument, over and over and over. That hand belongs to Robert Mercer, Trump’s data man, who gamed Google and fake news during the campaign and whose return to the scene is heralded by Trump’s war room and bot boom. If you want, you can read more about this crazyAF, richAF, crackpot genius with a heart of shit.

Before we begin, though, we need to establish the fact that this statement is a lie: “There’s no evidence of collusion!” The reason I’m using this specific example is because this highly nuanced claim is the perfect loophole to exploit for misinformation, to shade the truth as lie and get away with it clean.

The truth: no one in the intelligence community and no one on any of the Congressional committees looking into this thing, be they Democrat or Republican, none of them have said categorically, flat-out, “There is no evidence of collusion.” Period. People investigating the case will only go so far as to say they haven’t seen any evidence. Or that there hasn’t been any evidence made available to them yet. But they don’t ever say there flat-out isn’t any evidence of collusion. Ever. Read this if you don’t believe me.

Back to the Googs. Here’s what I saw when I Googled “trump no evidence collusion” on the afternoon of May 29.

RogerS2-thumb-600x703-624466.png

page 2 on Google

RogerS3-thumb-600x849-624468.png

Nope. The New York Times doesn’t pop up until page five. Ahead of it: Lifezette; Talking Points Memo; The Blaze; The Daily Caller; something called ntknetwork; constitution.com; GOP.com; GatewayPundit; the aptly named NewsBusters; TownHall.com; and, kings of kings, Breitbart and InfoWars.

And when I googled the search term the night of May 31, as I’m writing this, it’s even worse. The Washington Post, which had a page two hit on May 29, is now at the bottom of page four.

I have seen several of these posts on this thread--specially Diane Fienstein says no evidence of Collusion, and a few posts about James Clapper stating there's no evidence of collusion.

It's time Americans WAKE UP--and start using verified trusted links, including main stream media links that are required to back check information--otherwise they have to retract it. These odd sites anyone can make up and twist into FAKE news or misleading news depending how they word the story. This isn't just a right wing issue, it can also be a left wing issue--and if we put these sites on ignore--we'll be a lot smarter than we are right now.

I really don't know how we're going to stop fake or misleading news--but this article hits the top mark when looking for it.

This article goes on to list other examples of how we're being mislead by political hackers on Google, Facebook & other social media sites and is an excellent article, and there's a lot to learn in this article. It also gives examples.

582f332316ca9.image.jpg
Trump Davidians are the brightest bulbs in the lamp.

Thread is closed. It didn't more than a page and a half for it to devolve into a bunch of petty insults and the topic has completely been derailed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back