Trumps VP pick

The US Constitution, the 12th Amendment, says so, or they forfeit the EC votes from their home state.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves

The US Constitution, the 12th Amendment, says so, or they forfeit the EC votes from their home state.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves
A president and VP can be from the same state. Period.

Tim Scott could be a good choice. It would be difficult for Dems to attack him without seeming racist.

Do you think it’s essential for Trump to pander and pick a woman or person of color? Would it hurt him if he picks a white guy?
In 10 yrs I’ve never started a thread, hopefully I did it right.
It's not going to matter because he is not going to win in November anyway.
Don't rely on current polling. It's just a mirage.
Trump is self-destructing before our eyes.

If the Haley statement above is true, Republicans would be wise to dump Trump and run her. It is certain a majority would prefer her to Biden.
Nikki got less than 40% of the vote in her own state. She won DC that is mostly Democrat and almost certainly had a lot of Democrat crossover votes and she won in Vermont almost certainly via Democrat crossover votes while Trump has easily won every single other state. Her approval rating according to Five Thirty Eight polling is 10 points below Trump's nationwide as of two days ago and even below Biden.

Yes some Republicans want pretty much anybody other than Trump. But when it comes time to pull that lever or mark that ballot on election day, are they going to vote for Biden? Or somebody that has no chance to win? I'm betting they will know and accept that Trump is the only option we have to wrest power from the almost demonic regime currently in power. And I hope they know he needs a reformer GOP congress to have the means to fully turn things around.

Do you think it’s essential for Trump to pander and pick a woman or person of color? Would it hurt him if he picks a white guy?
In 10 yrs I’ve never started a thread, hopefully I did it right.
Trump should pick the most qualified candidate.
Proof is the current VP.

Nikki got less than 40% of the vote in her own state. She won DC that is mostly Democrat and almost certainly had a lot of Democrat crossover votes and she won in Vermont almost certainly via Democrat crossover votes while Trump has easily won every single other state. Her approval rating according to Five Thirty Eight polling is 10 points below Trump's nationwide as of two days ago and even below Biden.

Yes some Republicans want pretty much anybody other than Trump. But when it comes time to pull that lever or mark that ballot on election day, are they going to vote for Biden? Or somebody that has no chance to win? I'm betting they will know and accept that Trump is the only option we have to wrest power from the almost demonic regime currently in power. And I hope they know he needs a reformer GOP congress to have the means to fully turn things around.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Nikki beats Biden by way more than Trump. That's what mattered to me.

We'll see if the dems "voter fraud" machines will slip old Joe past Trump again.

I doubt that a Democrat Congress would appoint her. I know a Republican Congress would not.

You misunderstand.
Trump could get 270 or more EC votes, including Florida
and then the Senate votes between the 2 top VP vote getters.
You think a Dem Senate would vote for Trump's VP over Harris?

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Nikki beats Biden by way more than Trump. That's what mattered to me.

We'll see if the dems "voter fraud" machines will slip old Joe past Trump again.
Nobody is polling that now. And I never believed the polling during the primary season because it was so all over the place there were no definite conclusions to be had. Five Thirty Eight and the RCP average both have Nikki's approval lower than Joe Biden now.

The fact is Donald Trump is the GOP nominee as affirmed by all states but one and that one has 3 EC votes and Nikki won that one with 4 percentage points, almost certainly mostly due to Democrat crossover votes. She lost her home state by 20 percentage points. Vermont where she won has the nation's highest percentage of registered Democrats.

According to the record, Trump is by far the most capable candidate with a chance to win, the least destructive candidate with a chance to win, the only candidate running who can win who loves America and Americans and has a track record of working for their benefit

Last edited:

Forum List

Back