Trump's wall idea is dead

importation of third worlders should be STOPPED and right now and for a very long time . It will destroy the USA forever IMO. Anyway , it was about 210 million in 1970 and 310 million in 2010 so at least 330 million today . Tell the upcoming generations of born Americans to get ready for a really fecked up USA Grace .

Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

Better luck next time! :bye1:

Republicans defy Trump on national emergency
What does a "rebuke" entail? Anything practical?
Congress has the power to revoke a presidential order of national emergency.

Trump's fake emergency plan involves taking money allocated to other defense projects. These defense projects may affect Republican states, and so the Senators representing those states may very well decide to revoke Trump's fake emergency order.

He may not do that. He's juked the clowns every single time thus far.

Every time the clowns are up in arms about nothing, he's doing something while they're not paying attention. :abgg2q.jpg:

It's clear that the American left supports open borders and unlimited immigration. As penniless immigrants pour into the U.S. by the millions, crime will increase, Americans will be victimized, the standard of living of poor and middle-class Americans will plummet and the left will celebrate.

Realistically even if Trump declares an emergency, which I don’t think he should and I don’t even think is truly a legitimate reason to declare a national emergency for in this case, in my opinion the wall that he wants won’t be the wall that he eventually gets, if there is even a new wall at all. He really should have pushed this much harder during the first two years of his presidency if he wanted less barriers (no pun jntended) to building the wall that he promised.
----------------------------------- hundreds of third worlders coming into the USA interior everyday to meet up with amigos and familia distributed all though the USA interior and thats an invasion or Emergency Grace .

No I really don’t consider that to be an emergency. I think it waters down the meaning and true intention of those emergency powers in my opinion. There are flaws in our immigration system that’s apparent, but using declaration of emergency to begin construction on a wall in order to address an emergency that is said to be happening right now doesn’t really match when it comes to timeline. Immigration hasn’t really changed in the two years Trump has been president. Why is it an emergency now but not two years ago? What is the catalyst now that warrants emergency powers versus then? I’m not opposed to fixing our immigration system, but I do question and have my doubts about the current underlying politics of the current dilemma.

30 years of inactivity in Congress and not building the wall. You may not know this, but a Democrat Congress promised to secure the border if Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals in 1989.
30 years later, their promise remains unfulfilled.

Immigration is a political football unfortunately. There will always be one party in power or as the minority that will promise x, y, and z in order to secure votes, money, or polling points with no sincere intention of following through. They know that it will take months, if not years, for certain things to come to a vote, make it through committee, or even have a breathe of a shot of being signed into law and so promise promise promise until one day, oops, we ran out of time now we don’t have power anymore, sorry. When it comes to the wall I believe this is what happened and I am confident it was intentional.

Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

Why are you against controlling who and what enters our community?

why did donny say that mexico will pay for it?

over & over & over again?

& over & over & over AGAIN?
--------------------------- because that was the plan and still may be but building the WALL is much more important than Who pays for it PTime .

Realistically even if Trump declares an emergency, which I don’t think he should and I don’t even think is truly a legitimate reason to declare a national emergency for in this case, in my opinion the wall that he wants won’t be the wall that he eventually gets, if there is even a new wall at all. He really should have pushed this much harder during the first two years of his presidency if he wanted less barriers (no pun jntended) to building the wall that he promised.
----------------------------------- hundreds of third worlders coming into the USA interior everyday to meet up with amigos and familia distributed all though the USA interior and thats an invasion or Emergency Grace .

No I really don’t consider that to be an emergency. I think it waters down the meaning and true intention of those emergency powers in my opinion. There are flaws in our immigration system that’s apparent, but using declaration of emergency to begin construction on a wall in order to address an emergency that is said to be happening right now doesn’t really match when it comes to timeline. Immigration hasn’t really changed in the two years Trump has been president. Why is it an emergency now but not two years ago? What is the catalyst now that warrants emergency powers versus then? I’m not opposed to fixing our immigration system, but I do question and have my doubts about the current underlying politics of the current dilemma.

30 years of inactivity in Congress and not building the wall. You may not know this, but a Democrat Congress promised to secure the border if Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals in 1989.

Immigration is a political football unfortunately. There will always be one party in power or as the minority that will promise x, y, and z in order to secure votes, money, or polling points with no sincere intention of following through. They know that it will take months, if not years, for certain things to come to a vote, make it through committee, or even have a breathe of a shot of being signed into law and so promise promise promise until one day, oops, we ran out of time now we don’t have power anymore, sorry. When it comes to the wall I believe this is what happened and I am confident it was intentional.

I think we should go back through each and every Congress that kicked the "football" down the road since 1989 and garnish all their wages to fund the wall.

Yeah, that's never gonna happen, but if you're gonna dream, dream big!

It's clear that the American left supports open borders and unlimited immigration. As penniless immigrants pour into the U.S. by the millions, crime will increase, Americans will be victimized, the standard of living of poor and middle-class Americans will plummet and the left will celebrate.

lol............. nonsense.

--------------------------- because that was the plan and still may be but building the WALL is much more important than Who pays for it PTime .

The most important thing right now is to get it done. The buck stops here. Make it happen.

actually it's more like he flat out lied to keep his poorly educated basket dwelling deplorables well fed on racist red meat.

------------------------------- sure , and i've said many times that 'reagan' was stupid . Actually i blame 'bush' but they are really one and the same to me Marion .

actually it's more like he flat out lied to keep his poorly educated basket dwelling deplorables well fed on racist red meat.
it's more like the dems need illegal votes, stooge

Oh, you flatterer! :flirtysmile4:

Last edited:
importation of third worlders should be STOPPED and right now and for a very long time . It will destroy the USA forever IMO. Anyway , it was about 210 million in 1970 and 310 million in 2010 so at least 330 million today . Tell the upcoming generations of born Americans to get ready for a really fecked up USA Grace .

If emergency powers are used to secure funding for the wall because the pending emergency of invasion is detrimental to the American public so to speak, what would be the reaction of constitutional conservatives if a future democratic president wielded that same power to, let’s say, fund Medicare for all because millions of Americans without health coverage is deemed an emergency? Certain powers exist for extraordinary times. When power is used for politics the slope can get awfully slippery in my opinion.

If emergency powers are used to secure funding for the wall because the pending emergency of invasion is detrimental to the American public so to speak, what would be the reaction of constitutional conservatives if a future democratic president wielded that same power to, let’s say, fund Medicare for all because millions of Americans without health coverage is deemed an emergency? Certain powers exist for extraordinary times. When power is used for politics the slope can get awfully slippery in my opinion.
--------------------------------------------- it'd just be another Fight sometime in the future Grace !!

lol... just like no study ever proved. speaking of stooges - still believe them thar 3,000,000 more votes that went to the chick were illegal, like president tinkles said?

lol... just like no study ever proved. speaking of stooges - still believe them thar 3,000,000 more votes that went to the chick were illegal, like president tinkles said?

They didn't let anybody check to see. There was a valid reason for that though, the committee was asking for too much info.

--------------------------------------------- it'd just be another Fight sometime in the future Grace !!

In my opinion fixing the immigration system is a higher priority than building a wall. If you want illegal immigration to slow down, because it will never truly stop completely, then you have to address the reasons why people cross the border illegally instead of immigrants going through the proper process. What is the incentive to come legally? What is the incentive to not hire illegals? How long does it take from start to finish to enter legally to live and work versus crossing the border daily to work and risk the temporary detainment? A wall doesn’t fix that. It’s a physical placebo in a way. It makes people think immigration is fixed in my opinion.

I doubt there will be a government shutdown but the walls will continue to be built and Americans will be safer despite the sedition and lack of legislative abilities of the Democratic Party leadership.

In my opinion fixing the immigration system is a higher priority than building a wall. If you want illegal immigration to slow down, because it will never truly stop completely, then you have to address the reasons why people cross the border illegally instead of immigrants going through the proper process. What is the incentive to come legally? What is the incentive to not hire illegals? How long does it take from start to finish to enter legally to live and work versus crossing the border daily to work and risk the temporary detainment? A wall doesn’t fix that. It’s a physical placebo in a way. It makes people think immigration is fixed in my opinion.
---------------------------------------- imo , feck all importation of non western third worlders from their homelands Grace .

Why was the wall not an issue with the past 3 president, and walls WERE built, but now that Trump is in office
it's immoral to build a wall? Sounds more like a political game than anything.

Forum List

Back