Trump's wall idea is dead

Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

Better luck next time! :bye1:

Republicans defy Trump on national emergency

If this is true, it's his own fault. He had two years and both Houses to get his wall..and 'the greatest negotiator' still could not get it done.

He's like the guy who crams for his finals the day after the test and than asks the teacher to give him 'another chance'.
When did he have 60 votes in the senate, McRocket?

It was split even last time. We could get something passed in the Senate if anything decent makes it there in the next 2 years. Scott's talking term limits..

Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

If this is true, it's his own fault. He had two years and both Houses to get his wall..and 'the greatest negotiator' still could not get it done.

He's like the guy who crams for his finals the day after the test and than asks the teacher to give him 'another chance'.
When did he have 60 votes in the senate, McRocket?
shhhh, more proof they don't know our constitution or country.

Well.....you backed yourself in a corner too with your deflecting, now run along.

HA! what bullshit. i answered you more than once & you just don't like the answer - too bad.
No you didn't, be honest, NOW THAT TRUMP IS IN OFFICE, A WALL HAS BECOME IMMORAL.
That wasn't the case when Slick Willy, Bush and Obama were presidents and building walls/fences, why is that?

MORE wall is immoral. spending that cash on MORE wall is . i suppose you think pelosi wants 'open borders' & want;s 'human trafficking' too, right? wow wow wow, trump loves you long time, oh faithful basket dweller.

<psssst> btw, i am not a (D)
More wall is immoral? That's it? :auiqs.jpg:
Stevie Wonder could see through that bullshit answer.
Pssst....I'm not an R

when it's inefficient, ya- it's stupid & immoral. making us pay for it when mexico should be is as well. our boy lied & you are bending over & asking him for more lies. :lmao:
you still haven't explained immoral, why not?

immoral how? you won't and can't define that asinine statement. too fking funny.

wasted cash not better spent on more effective means is immoral.
stupid answer. doesn't even answer. But then what you're saying is killing babies with our tax dollars is immoral?

defection doesn't work.

try googling the Hyde Amendment, pops.
not answering my question was immoral, cause you can't answer what you posted. shame on you you immoral fk.

i did answer. if you are too poorly educated to figure it out, then that's on you.
no you didn't, you didn't define immoral at all, not spending isn't a moral issue. so try again. what you would have to tell me is where the money is better spent and it would have to be something about morality. so please enlighten the class.

HA! what bullshit. i answered you more than once & you just don't like the answer - too bad.
No you didn't, be honest, NOW THAT TRUMP IS IN OFFICE, A WALL HAS BECOME IMMORAL.
That wasn't the case when Slick Willy, Bush and Obama were presidents and building walls/fences, why is that?

MORE wall is immoral. spending that cash on MORE wall is . i suppose you think pelosi wants 'open borders' & want;s 'human trafficking' too, right? wow wow wow, trump loves you long time, oh faithful basket dweller.

Pssst....I'm not an R

when it's inefficient, ya- it's stupid & immoral. making us pay for it when mexico should be is as well. our boy lied & you are bending over & asking him for more lies. :lmao:

because youre too stupid to understand ?

Pssst....I'm not an R

because youre too stupid to understand ?
because I don't do stupid. I know, I will never understand all your stupid.

immoral how? you won't and can't define that asinine statement. too fking funny.

stupid answer. doesn't even answer. But then what you're saying is killing babies with our tax dollars is immoral?

defection doesn't work.

Apparently TDSers think 'defection' is useful 'cause they 'defecate' all over this Forum.

that's all you got, 'eh? to spot a typo? that's ok, i understand.

And 'all you got' is a stupid cartoon.

What will Trump do? He has three options.

1) The conference committee will give him on Fri a bill that will include limited funds for "border security" and new fencing/barricades. He's already starting erecting fencing on some federal and in the Rio Grande Valley

rio grande valley border wall - Yahoo Image Search Results

Will he declare victory and go home?

2. Will he avoid compromise and opt for an "emergency" which will lead to multiple court fights, and probably freeze any attempts to move money pending an outcome?

3. Will he shut it down again?

I'm guessing door #2. It may actually result in less building than door #1, but Coulter can't tan his fat ass. Door #3 would, imo, actually cause the gop senators to revolt.

Since when can any court override the president in the declaration of a national emergency?

You need to read the National Emergencies act. It states it can ONLY be repealed by an act of congress, literally. And not a single one has been so we are currently under 31 declared emergencies right now.

National Emergencies Act - Wikipedia

the act stipulated that the emergency could be rescinded by a joint resolution of Congress (amended in 1985, in response to concerns about separation of powers, to allow a presidential veto and, by implication, an override by the House and Senate).

Last edited:
You are as much of an authority about efficiency on the border as your bitch pelosi is, Playtime.
Don't listen to me.
Try listening to those who have boots on the border and listen to what they say about building a fence.

But, your liberal bias keeps you blind and keeps you deaf.

'my' bitch???????? you sound touchy. oh ya - that bitch is trump's worst nightmare.

checks & balances is a wonderful thing, sweetheart
Again, you deflect....I detect a pattern with you playtime. :auiqs.jpg:

What's that old saying....."Better to be silent and thought a fool
than to speak and remove all doubt."

i don't think you know what that means. did you not call nancy pelosi 'my bitch'? why do you call her that? cause she isn't backing down? lol.....
It was just that you deflected away from the crux of the post and zeroed in on a simple zinger.
Deflect away, sweet cheeks.

nope - you still don't understand what deflection is... you just don't like my answer just like my siggy - right? right.

anyhoo, the majority of americans don't want donny's vanity wall & the property owners that the gov'ment wants to seize don't give a flying fuck what the border agents wants either... so much for being against gov'ment overreach, huh?

Last edited:

Pssst....I'm not an R

You are as much of an authority about efficiency on the border as your bitch pelosi is, Playtime.
Don't listen to me.
Try listening to those who have boots on the border and listen to what they say about building a fence.

'my' bitch???????? you sound touchy. oh ya - that bitch is trump's worst nightmare.

Nancy and her puppy Chuck are a joke and they'll accomplish nothing legislatively without Republicans and Trump.. Democrats are pathetically shortsighted running on hate rather than legislative accomplishments for all Americans.

the majority of americans don't want that wall, lumps.

Solid Majority Still Opposes New Construction on Border Wall

Most Americans don't want Trump to declare a national emergency to get his border wall

Screen-Shot-2019-01-22-at-11.26.05-AM.png

defection doesn't work.

Apparently TDSers think 'defection' is useful 'cause they 'defecate' all over this Forum.

it was funny, you have no sense of humor for your error. too fking funny again.

it was dumb. & childish. but not unexpected from a basket dweller.
naw, it was fking hilarious.

a troll giving kudos to another troll.

shocking.

Pssst....I'm not an R

wasted money is immoral. i said that already. do try to keep up.

defection doesn't work.

not answering my question was immoral, cause you can't answer what you posted. shame on you you immoral fk.

i did answer. if you are too poorly educated to figure it out, then that's on you.
no you didn't, you didn't define immoral at all, not spending isn't a moral issue. so try again. what you would have to tell me is where the money is better spent and it would have to be something about morality. so please enlighten the class.

i answered that as well. you need more spinach to power your brain up, pops.

defection doesn't work.

And 'all you got' is a stupid cartoon.

lol... thanx for noticing. however it was just too racy for this crowd & i had to change it.

1) The conference committee will give him on Fri a bill that will include limited funds for "border security" and new fencing/barricades. He's already starting erecting fencing on some federal and in the Rio Grande Valley

2. Will he avoid compromise and opt for an "emergency" which will lead to multiple court fights, and probably freeze any attempts to move money pending an outcome?

I'm guessing door #2. It may actually result in less building than door #1, but Coulter can't tan his fat ass. Door #3 would, imo, actually cause the gop senators to revolt.
I'm thinking he'll have to ask Pelosi since she is the one who carries his balls in her purse.

Why are you against controlling who and what enters our community?

why did donny say that mexico will pay for it?

over & over & over again?

& over & over & over AGAIN?
--------------------------- because that was the plan and still may be but building the WALL is much more important than Who pays for it PTime .

actually it's more like he flat out lied to keep his poorly educated basket dwelling deplorables well fed on racist red meat.
But enough about Obama. He isn't president any longer.

Pssst....I'm not an R

Don't listen to me.

Nancy and her puppy Chuck are a joke and they'll accomplish nothing legislatively without Republicans and Trump.. Democrats are pathetically shortsighted running on hate rather than legislative accomplishments for all Americans.

the majority of americans don't want that wall, lumps.

Solid Majority Still Opposes New Construction on Border Wall

Most Americans don't want Trump to declare a national emergency to get his border wall

Screen-Shot-2019-01-22-at-11.26.05-AM.png
It's not about popularity, sheesh.
It's about being on the proper side of the issue, American
citizens first. It's a foreign concept to you, I know.

Since when can any court override the president in the declaration of a national emergency?

You need to read the National Emergencies act. It states it can ONLY be repealed by an act of congress, literally. And not a single one has been so we are currently under 31 declared emergencies right now.

National Emergencies Act - Wikipedia

the act stipulated that the emergency could be rescinded by a joint resolution of Congress (amended in 1985, in response to concerns about separation of powers, to allow a presidential veto and, by implication, an override by the House and Senate).

Napolitano predicts courts would reject Trump emergency declaration for wall
By Owen Daugherty - 02/04/19 04:06 PM EST
[...]

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano predicted the courts will prevent President Trump from circumventing Congress and declaring a national emergency to build a wall on the Mexican border.

In an appearance Monday on Fox News' "America's Newsroom," Napolitano said he believed the courts would stop Trump because much of the land on the border where the wall would be built is held privately.

As a result, he suggested the courts would not stand for Trump making the decision to use federal funds to acquire private property and build the wall without congressional approval.

“I think the law is very clear and I think the President has been advised of it that if he signs an executive order declaring a national emergency and directing the military to spend money that has not been expressly appropriated for the wall or that has not been expressly appropriated for eminent domain– since much of the real estate where they want to build the wall is privately owned– I think it’s pretty clear that court will stop him from doing that,” Napolitano said.

[...]
Napolitano predicts courts would reject Trump emergency declaration for wall

:itsok:

Why are you against controlling who and what enters our community?

why did donny say that mexico will pay for it?

over & over & over again?

& over & over & over AGAIN?
--------------------------- because that was the plan and still may be but building the WALL is much more important than Who pays for it PTime .

actually it's more like he flat out lied to keep his poorly educated basket dwelling deplorables well fed on racist red meat.
But enough about Obama. He isn't president any longer.

obama said mexico will pay for the wall?

LOL................ good one.

Forum List

Back