Trumpsters: When you stand for nothing, you fall for anything.

Our WH is in shambles, thanks to conservatives voting for the most unprincipled, unqualified, astonishingly dishonest president in history. Rightists can't govern, they can only screw everything up.
Who did the Dems nominate? Oh, that's right. You wouldn't know self awareness if it penetrated your vagina

Bullshit. If she was president we would be 1000x better off, even if she isn't "perfect." I'd still prefer Bernie though.

yes, kissing the 2nd amendment goodbye via Judical fiat would be FUCKING GREAT....
Ah yes....the "They're gonna take our guns away" gambit.

In NYC we have already had our guns taken away de facto, if not de jure. Progressives want NYC laws to be the law of the land.

No, one is a progressive step to the other.

No, I don't believe in zero restrictions, But I do believe that restrictions have to be minimal, and not based on some government drone saying 'you shouldn't have a gun" A law abiding citizen should be able to get a gun and carry a gun should the choose to.

A question to you, do you find NYC's law reasonable or not?
Which politician said "you shouldn't have a gun"? I've heard them say it about mentally unstable people and felons, but I haven't heard it about law abiding citizens. Can you be more specific about who you are talking about?

When you have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 in fees for a FREAKING REVOLVER, not to carry, but just to keep at home, it is clear the people in charge want as few people to have a firearm. They don't have to say it, the law speaks for itself.

This is what you have to go through for a NYC handgun permit.

Getting A NYC Handgun Permit | New York City Guns
I think it should be difficult to get a gun. If the right had it their way we'd be handing out grenades at kindergarten graduations.

And this is why you are an asshole. Why should you get to decide, or government if I want a freaking revolver for my own home? Not a grenade (argumentum ad absurdum), not an AR-15, A REVOLVER.

Go fuck yourself.
if you can pass background checks, and can afford one- YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE. If you're a nut case with four open assault charges, if you are an abusive husband with a bunch of domestic charges, if you are mentally unstable, i don't think you should be able to get guns. It is unsafe for the public and every time some sick in the head person shoots up a school, we see how dangerous it can be to hand out weapons to just anybody.

I have no criminal record, and I have no mental issues, adjudicated or otherwise.

So why does NYC make me wait all those months, and make me pay all that money? Again, would you be OK with fees and a waiting period for an abortion :"just because" some city decided they wanted to curb the number of abortions?

So sick of hearing that line

That's why we keep using it.

Also, have the ocean's started to lower, and the Earth healed itself? I thought that was one of his promises as well....
did he take all your guns?

He would have tried to if people didn't do things to stop him.

Progressives want all gun control like we have in NYC, where you have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 in fees just to keep a revolver in your home legally.
Having gun control laws and taking everyone's guns are two different things marty. Do you suggest we have absolutely zero restrictions on weapons?
Why did the NRA not allow their members to carry their guns at their convention? Isn't that gun restriction?

Because as a private event they have that right, and I guarantee they provided security to replace the security created by carrying ones own firearm.

"For nearly two years, news anchors have been trying to corner Donald Trump on his ridiculous pronouncements, o
What a Trumpster? Someone that doesn't think he evil incarnate? How old are you anyway? Why should we give a fuck about your hurt feelings? You left that part out.

What are you talking about Marty?
-----
The application fee for a handgun license is $340.00. As of February 1, 2015, the fingerprint fee is $87.00. These fees may be paid by credit card or with money orders when you submit your application. Money orders should be made payable to the “New York City Police Department.”
NYPD - Firearms Licenses - FAQs - NYC.gov

Add the copies you need, the Trips to 1 Police Plaza, and the cost goes up. Plus a lot of people get a service to do the leg work for them, that raises the cost to around $1000.
reeeeeeeeeach

$400 is bad enough, wouldn't you say?

Why should poor people not be able to defend themselves?
That is expensive, and is in place because elected leaders wanted to make it more difficult to get firearms and wanted to have the funds to do bg checks and support the programs and enforcement measures that they deemed necessary. The same permit is under $10 in other areas of the State. The supreme court ruled that the Cities actions were constitutional. So the question to you is, do you think that cities and states should have the right to make policies like this or do you want the Federal Government dictating what each city is allowed to do?

So how about we make a $200 fee and a 2 week waiting period for an abortion? After all, if the local leaders want to discourage the practice, and want to have programs to try to prevent them from happening, that's OK, right?

The concept of the 2nd amendment is to prevent government from infringing on the right of a citizen to keep and bear arms. This is infringement, with no purpose other than to discourage gun ownership "just because".

And what case specifically said NYC's laws are constitutional?

Cities and States cannot deny me my rights as a Citizen of the United States, and as a Citizen of the United States with no felony convictions and no mental adjudications, I have a right to keep a revolver in my house,. and a right to not have to go through hoops to get it.
The republicans do make extremely ridiculous laws to make women jump through hoops. Making them wait 2 weeks is silly since theres a time constraint on abortions. Abortions are also awful experiences already, it really doesn't need to be made any harder. Only ignorant men think its a walk in the park slutty women get yearly.

Add the copies you need, the Trips to 1 Police Plaza, and the cost goes up. Plus a lot of people get a service to do the leg work for them, that raises the cost to around $1000.
reeeeeeeeeach

That is expensive, and is in place because elected leaders wanted to make it more difficult to get firearms and wanted to have the funds to do bg checks and support the programs and enforcement measures that they deemed necessary. The same permit is under $10 in other areas of the State. The supreme court ruled that the Cities actions were constitutional. So the question to you is, do you think that cities and states should have the right to make policies like this or do you want the Federal Government dictating what each city is allowed to do?

So how about we make a $200 fee and a 2 week waiting period for an abortion? After all, if the local leaders want to discourage the practice, and want to have programs to try to prevent them from happening, that's OK, right?

The concept of the 2nd amendment is to prevent government from infringing on the right of a citizen to keep and bear arms. This is infringement, with no purpose other than to discourage gun ownership "just because".

Cities and States cannot deny me my rights as a Citizen of the United States, and as a Citizen of the United States with no felony convictions and no mental adjudications, I have a right to keep a revolver in my house,. and a right to not have to go through hoops to get it.
The republicans do make extremely ridiculous laws to make women jump through hoops. Making them wait 2 weeks is silly since theres a time constraint on abortions. Abortions are also awful experiences already, it really doesn't need to be made any harder. Only ignorant men think its a walk in the park slutty women get yearly.

That's why i made it two weeks instead of 3-6 months like the NYC gun law.

Again, why are you against one, and not the other?

reeeeeeeeeach

having a baby is not buying a new toy. It is a lifelong decision that affects every aspect of a woman's life. It's not a decision I want women forced into.

having a baby is not buying a new toy. It is a lifelong decision that affects every aspect of a woman's life.

A right is a right, if you consider abortion to be a right (which I do not), and owning a gun is a right, why is it OK to place restrictions "just because" on one, and not on the other?

"For nearly two years, news anchors have been trying to corner Donald Trump on his ridiculous pronouncements, opinions and contradictions. Too often they have failed, no match for Trump’s willingness to continue bending the truth, deflecting, rambling and otherwise redirecting the interview to new topics. A good example came when ABC News’s David Muir pressed the president in January on his false proclamations about illegal voting. Though the anchor admirably pushed the matter, the president found enough ways to distract from his falsehoods."

"JOHN DICKERSON: But you stand by that claim about him?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I don’t stand by anything."

THE SPICEY SCRAMBLE:

"He clearly stands by that," said Spicer.

:uhoh3::wtf::cuckoo:

What the hell is going on in our WH?

Opinion | ‘I don’t stand by anything’: Trump withers under heat from CBS News’s John Dickerson

Wait until public opinion really turns on him; It should be fun to watch.

having a baby is not buying a new toy. It is a lifelong decision that affects every aspect of a woman's life.

A right is a right, if you consider abortion to be a right (which I do not), and owning a gun is a right, why is it OK to place restrictions "just because" on one, and not on the other?
its not "just because" they are different things completely. You're trying to force apples and oranges into being both apples.

Last edited:
'When you stand for nothing, you fall for anything'

Wrong analogy. It's more like, 'UNITED we stand, DIVIDED we fall'. The GOP's lack of ability to unite on issues is what kills them.

its not "just because" they are different things completely. You're trying to force apples and oranges into both apples.

The NYC rules are 100% "just because". It's to discourage gun ownership. So why is that OK, but you get your panties in a bunch when the same logic is applied to abortion?

Wait until public opinion really turns on him; It should be fun to watch.
The Washington Establishment GOP that is opposing / betraying / undermining Trump is actually helping Trump, taking the heat off of him to some extent. The GOP's failures and outright lies and betrayal of the American people that are so blatant - as was the case with the budget - are so obvious and so great that the blame can not be placed on anyone else's shoulders EXCEPT for Ryan and the Congressional GOP....unless you're trying really hard to blame Trump,

its not "just because" they are different things completely. You're trying to force apples and oranges into both apples.

The NYC rules are 100% "just because". It's to discourage gun ownership. So why is that OK, but you get your panties in a bunch when the same logic is applied to abortion?
public safety marty, we cant hand out riffles to everyone. It should be hard to get a gun. You should have to pass a background check so we know you're not a loon. You should have to register said weapon. An abortion is a private medical decision that should be made by a woman and her doctor without anyone else sticking their nose in it.

Hillary finally came put of her cocoon like a moth, and reminded us all why we are fortunate she isn't POTUS.

aking the heat off of him to some extent. The GOP's failures and outright lies and betrayal of the American people that are so blatant - as was the case with
betraying? that's disturbing terminology for a political discussion.

That's why we keep using it.

Also, have the ocean's started to lower, and the Earth healed itself? I thought that was one of his promises as well....

Progressives want all gun control like we have in NYC, where you have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 in fees just to keep a revolver in your home legally.
Having gun control laws and taking everyone's guns are two different things marty. Do you suggest we have absolutely zero restrictions on weapons?
Why did the NRA not allow their members to carry their guns at their convention? Isn't that gun restriction?

Because as a private event they have that right, and I guarantee they provided security to replace the security created by carrying ones own firearm.
Sure they have the right.....cowards.

Sure they have the right.....cowards.

Why are they cowards?

As long as they provide replacement security, and announce clearly and publicly that they are not allowing firearms to enter, there isn't really an issue.

My issue has always been with "feel good" gun free zones, where they ban you from taking in your firearm, but do nothing to assure everyone else does the same, nor do they provide replacement security.

Forum List

Back