Trumpsters: When you stand for nothing, you fall for anything.

"For nearly two years, news anchors have been trying to corner Donald Trump on his ridiculous pronouncements, opinions and contradictions. Too often they have failed, no match for Trump’s willingness to continue bending the truth, deflecting, rambling and otherwise redirecting the interview to new topics. A good example came when ABC News’s David Muir pressed the president in January on his false proclamations about illegal voting. Though the anchor admirably pushed the matter, the president found enough ways to distract from his falsehoods."

"JOHN DICKERSON: But you stand by that claim about him?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I don’t stand by anything."

THE SPICEY SCRAMBLE:

"He clearly stands by that," said Spicer.

:uhoh3::wtf::cuckoo:

What the hell is going on in our WH?

Opinion | ‘I don’t stand by anything’: Trump withers under heat from CBS News’s John Dickerson
They voted for him, largely, because W signed off on the biggest giveaway to the 1% in history, and Obama was perceived as doing nothing about it.

Whether they vote for Orange Cretin again remains a question.

"For nearly two years, news anchors have been trying to corner Donald Trump on his ridiculous pronouncements, opinions and contradictions. Too often they have failed, no match for Trump’s willingness to continue bending the truth, deflecting, rambling and otherwise redirecting the interview to new topics. A good example came when ABC News’s David Muir pressed the president in January on his false proclamations about illegal voting. Though the anchor admirably pushed the matter, the president found enough ways to distract from his falsehoods."

THE SPICEY SCRAMBLE:

Opinion | ‘I don’t stand by anything’: Trump withers under heat from CBS News’s John Dickerson
They voted for him, largely, because W signed off on the biggest giveaway to the 1% in history, and Obama was perceived as doing nothing about it.

Not worried about that. I think there is a very slim change dumpty can make it through 4 years without impeachment. Very slim.

THE SPICEY SCRAMBLE:

Not worried about that. I think there is a very slim change dumpty can make it through 4 years without impeachment. Very slim.

I wouldn't bet on that. Not with the table stakes at issue.

if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period.
So sick of hearing that line

That's why we keep using it.

Also, have the ocean's started to lower, and the Earth healed itself? I thought that was one of his promises as well....
did he take all your guns?

He would have tried to if people didn't do things to stop him.

Progressives want all gun control like we have in NYC, where you have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 in fees just to keep a revolver in your home legally.
Having gun control laws and taking everyone's guns are two different things marty. Do you suggest we have absolutely zero restrictions on weapons?
Wrong. They are the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

The choice was between the same old same old, and something new. In the States that Mattered in the election, people wanted something new, and the ones that pushed it over the line were former Dem strongholds.
That does not excuse the flaws in both candidates. Something new does not imply something good.

What it does is gives you another reason Trump won. Hillary went with the same old progressive Democrat tropes, but with added identity politics.

It didn't work.
Never the less, it still overlooks the obvious flaws in Trump's character.

While we're talking about identity politics, consider the identity politics spewed out of the Trump campaign. He would have you believe that each immigrant is here for nefarious reasons. To commit crimes against the white, native born population. He would have you believe that the contributions of women are largely ornamental and not substantive.

ILLEGAL immigrant, you guys keep forgetting the first part for some reason. Has he ever said anything bad about LEGAL immigrants?

And considering how much trust he shows in his Daughter, and other Women executives in his Companies, where do you get your idea he thinks women in general are "largely ornamental"?
So then we should assume that every illegal immigrant (I prefer undocumented immigrant) is here to commit crimes against the white native born? Really?

And let's directly comment on 'grabbing pussies' before we give Trump any accolades for his regard to women.
No one said that, douche bag.

ILLEGAL immigrant, you guys keep forgetting the first part for some reason. Has he ever said anything bad about LEGAL immigrants?

And considering how much trust he shows in his Daughter, and other Women executives in his Companies, where do you get your idea he thinks women in general are "largely ornamental"?
He said mexico is sending bad hombres and that they are rapists. Mexico does send legal immigrants too...

Did he pick them out specifically? or was he trying to show that there are issues with letting in people without knowing who they are?

Legal immigrants are vetted. Some guy wading through the Rio Grande? Not so much.
He never says specifics. A blessing and a curse. In this case a curse. You can't say things like "mexicans are rapists" lol if he had modified his message he would have been better off. He reveals his true beliefs about minorities, not really a good look in 2017.

What "true belief"? He has been trying to reach out to the black community, at least more so than the last couple of Republican presidents.
after a lifetime of public racism - "the blacks love me" isn't quite the reaching out he should be doing :bsflag:
Even if Trump said that, which I doubt, how does that make him a racist?

He said mexico is sending bad hombres and that they are rapists. Mexico does send legal immigrants too...

Did he pick them out specifically? or was he trying to show that there are issues with letting in people without knowing who they are?

Legal immigrants are vetted. Some guy wading through the Rio Grande? Not so much.
He never says specifics. A blessing and a curse. In this case a curse. You can't say things like "mexicans are rapists" lol if he had modified his message he would have been better off. He reveals his true beliefs about minorities, not really a good look in 2017.

What "true belief"? He has been trying to reach out to the black community, at least more so than the last couple of Republican presidents.
after a lifetime of public racism - "the blacks love me" isn't quite the reaching out he should be doing :bsflag:
Even if Trump said that, which I doubt, how does that make him a racist?

he said it.. and no all the other racist bs he spews makes him a racist

this thread is about the stream of lies from the WH, discuss or fuck off.

Also, have the ocean's started to lower, and the Earth healed itself? I thought that was one of his promises as well....
Why are you still talking about Obama? This thread is about Trump. Are you trying to distract from the conversation by pointing out hypocrisy on the Left? If so, can i save us time and say yes, there is hypocrisy on the left. Obama made statements and promises that did not come true. Now can we move on to the here and now?

it was about lies in the White House. I added hyperbole just to sweeten the mix.
If you have to add hyperbole......why can't the Truth stand alone?

Why are you still talking about Obama? This thread is about Trump. Are you trying to distract from the conversation by pointing out hypocrisy on the Left? If so, can i save us time and say yes, there is hypocrisy on the left. Obama made statements and promises that did not come true. Now can we move on to the here and now?

it was about lies in the White House. I added hyperbole just to sweeten the mix.
If you have to add hyperbole......why can't the Truth stand alone?

Not my Hyperbole, Obama's.

What are you talking about Marty?
-----
The application fee for a handgun license is $340.00. As of February 1, 2015, the fingerprint fee is $87.00. These fees may be paid by credit card or with money orders when you submit your application. Money orders should be made payable to the “New York City Police Department.”
NYPD - Firearms Licenses - FAQs - NYC.gov

Add the copies you need, the Trips to 1 Police Plaza, and the cost goes up. Plus a lot of people get a service to do the leg work for them, that raises the cost to around $1000.
reeeeeeeeeach

$400 is bad enough, wouldn't you say?

Why should poor people not be able to defend themselves?
That is expensive, and is in place because elected leaders wanted to make it more difficult to get firearms and wanted to have the funds to do bg checks and support the programs and enforcement measures that they deemed necessary. The same permit is under $10 in other areas of the State. The supreme court ruled that the Cities actions were constitutional. So the question to you is, do you think that cities and states should have the right to make policies like this or do you want the Federal Government dictating what each city is allowed to do?

So how about we make a $200 fee and a 2 week waiting period for an abortion? After all, if the local leaders want to discourage the practice, and want to have programs to try to prevent them from happening, that's OK, right?

The concept of the 2nd amendment is to prevent government from infringing on the right of a citizen to keep and bear arms. This is infringement, with no purpose other than to discourage gun ownership "just because".

And what case specifically said NYC's laws are constitutional?

Cities and States cannot deny me my rights as a Citizen of the United States, and as a Citizen of the United States with no felony convictions and no mental adjudications, I have a right to keep a revolver in my house,. and a right to not have to go through hoops to get it.
I guess what it comes down to is a states rights issue... I think states should have the right to dictate how they want to manage guns. If they step over the line then it can be appealed to the Supreme Court. Here is the court case for the issue that we are talking about:
Kachalsky v. Cacace - Wikipedia

I imagine the same thing could happen for the abortion situation. It is up to the elected leaders and the will of their constituents. For the bigger issues that require national cooperation to protect our citizens we can have the feds step in. Otherwise, leave it to the states.

That's why i made it two weeks instead of 3-6 months like the NYC gun law.

Again, why are you against one, and not the other?
having a baby is not buying a new toy. It is a lifelong decision that affects every aspect of a woman's life.

A right is a right, if you consider abortion to be a right (which I do not), and owning a gun is a right, why is it OK to place restrictions "just because" on one, and not on the other?
its not "just because" they are different things completely. You're trying to force apples and oranges into both apples.

The NYC rules are 100% "just because". It's to discourage gun ownership. So why is that OK, but you get your panties in a bunch when the same logic is applied to abortion?
public safety marty, we cant hand out riffles to everyone. It should be hard to get a gun. You should have to pass a background check so we know you're not a loon. You should have to register said weapon. An abortion is a private medical decision that should be made by a woman and her doctor without anyone else sticking their nose in it.
I should note that NYC does not require permits for riffles and shotguns, only handguns and more dangerous weapons. I can't find any reliable data that shows a 6 month waiting period. It isn't law, its on a few pro gun websites, but there is conflicting data on that.

Add the copies you need, the Trips to 1 Police Plaza, and the cost goes up. Plus a lot of people get a service to do the leg work for them, that raises the cost to around $1000.
reeeeeeeeeach

$400 is bad enough, wouldn't you say?

Why should poor people not be able to defend themselves?
That is expensive, and is in place because elected leaders wanted to make it more difficult to get firearms and wanted to have the funds to do bg checks and support the programs and enforcement measures that they deemed necessary. The same permit is under $10 in other areas of the State. The supreme court ruled that the Cities actions were constitutional. So the question to you is, do you think that cities and states should have the right to make policies like this or do you want the Federal Government dictating what each city is allowed to do?

So how about we make a $200 fee and a 2 week waiting period for an abortion? After all, if the local leaders want to discourage the practice, and want to have programs to try to prevent them from happening, that's OK, right?

The concept of the 2nd amendment is to prevent government from infringing on the right of a citizen to keep and bear arms. This is infringement, with no purpose other than to discourage gun ownership "just because".

And what case specifically said NYC's laws are constitutional?

Cities and States cannot deny me my rights as a Citizen of the United States, and as a Citizen of the United States with no felony convictions and no mental adjudications, I have a right to keep a revolver in my house,. and a right to not have to go through hoops to get it.
I guess what it comes down to is a states rights issue... I think states should have the right to dictate how they want to manage guns. If they step over the line then it can be appealed to the Supreme Court. Here is the court case for the issue that we are talking about:
Kachalsky v. Cacace - Wikipedia

I imagine the same thing could happen for the abortion situation. It is up to the elected leaders and the will of their constituents. For the bigger issues that require national cooperation to protect our citizens we can have the feds step in. Otherwise, leave it to the states.

The difference between the two is that RKBA is explicit in the document, and the 14th forces it on the States.

And that case covers concealed carry, not home use.

having a baby is not buying a new toy. It is a lifelong decision that affects every aspect of a woman's life.

A right is a right, if you consider abortion to be a right (which I do not), and owning a gun is a right, why is it OK to place restrictions "just because" on one, and not on the other?
its not "just because" they are different things completely. You're trying to force apples and oranges into both apples.

The NYC rules are 100% "just because". It's to discourage gun ownership. So why is that OK, but you get your panties in a bunch when the same logic is applied to abortion?
public safety marty, we cant hand out riffles to everyone. It should be hard to get a gun. You should have to pass a background check so we know you're not a loon. You should have to register said weapon. An abortion is a private medical decision that should be made by a woman and her doctor without anyone else sticking their nose in it.
I should note that NYC does not require permits for riffles and shotguns, only handguns and more dangerous weapons. I can't find any reliable data that shows a 6 month waiting period. It isn't law, its on a few pro gun websites, but there is conflicting data on that.

Actually they do require permits for rifles and shotguns, a handgun requires a LICENCE.

And the wait is for them to call you in for your "interview", which is nothing more than a stall tactic.

Actually they do require permits for rifles and shotguns, a handgun requires a LICENCE.

And the wait is for them to call you in for your "interview", which is nothing more than a stall tactic.
You're right, I missed that requirement for NYC... The rest of the state does not require a permit for those weapons

What it does is gives you another reason Trump won. Hillary went with the same old progressive Democrat tropes, but with added identity politics.

It didn't work.

While we're talking about identity politics, consider the identity politics spewed out of the Trump campaign. He would have you believe that each immigrant is here for nefarious reasons. To commit crimes against the white, native born population. He would have you believe that the contributions of women are largely ornamental and not substantive.

So then we should assume that every illegal immigrant (I prefer undocumented immigrant) is here to commit crimes against the white native born? Really?

And let's directly comment on 'grabbing pussies' before we give Trump any accolades for his regard to women.

The issue is that due to the lack of documentation, We don't know who are the bad ones or the good ones. That is why we need controls, and we need a wall to make it harder for them to just slip in.

And how about we talk about Clinton getting his dick sucked in the oval office by an intern 1/2 his age? That was an action, not just words. Or are you saying you are OK with Progressive men being lecherous bastards as long as they lie and keep it quiet?
trump acts too, he told us exactly what he does to women and numerous women confirmed it.
He does what every man does if he isnt queer.

Aw did the wifferals just figure out we aren't buying their lies anymore?
this thread is about the stream of lies from the WH, discuss or fuck off.

In other words, you admit you're a hypocrite.

The issue is that due to the lack of documentation, We don't know who are the bad ones or the good ones. That is why we need controls, and we need a wall to make it harder for them to just slip in.

And how about we talk about Clinton getting his dick sucked in the oval office by an intern 1/2 his age? That was an action, not just words. Or are you saying you are OK with Progressive men being lecherous bastards as long as they lie and keep it quiet?
trump acts too, he told us exactly what he does to women and numerous women confirmed it.

You should reword that. He does what every boorish brute does. Believe it or not, some of us men were raised to be gentlemen. What a shame your parents missed that opportunity with you.

So every man goes up to women they dont know and starts making out with them, shoving their tongue down their throats? Grabbing women by their genitals?

I know many great men that have never acted in such a way. I know a few terrible men that do.
That is called sexual assault, and it is illegal.

did he take all your guns?

He would have tried to if people didn't do things to stop him.

Progressives want all gun control like we have in NYC, where you have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 in fees just to keep a revolver in your home legally.
Having gun control laws and taking everyone's guns are two different things marty. Do you suggest we have absolutely zero restrictions on weapons?

No, one is a progressive step to the other.

No, I don't believe in zero restrictions, But I do believe that restrictions have to be minimal, and not based on some government drone saying 'you shouldn't have a gun" A law abiding citizen should be able to get a gun and carry a gun should the choose to.

A question to you, do you find NYC's law reasonable or not?
Which politician said "you shouldn't have a gun"? I've heard them say it about mentally unstable people and felons, but I haven't heard it about law abiding citizens. Can you be more specific about who you are talking about?
A lot of them have said it. However, most of them resort to the euphrmusm "reasonable gun regulation

At least he is trying. And the scary thing for you is if he succeeds.
but he's not trying...
saying "the blacks love me," appointing one black person to a totally unsuitable role in his cabinet, tweeting pictures of taco bowls...
these are not reaching out!!!
If he was "trying" he would start "trying" to make decisions that benefit minority communities, not destroy them. Oh and he would also stop all the racist BS like calling former miss America miss housekeeping because of her hispanic background. What do you think that does to little latina girls watching?????

Forum List

Back