Tucker Leaving Fox

Apparently..his ex-colleagues agree with you:

One word to describe the Fox News staff's feelings on Carlson being kicked to the curb? Joy.
"Pure joy," a reporter at the network told Rolling Stone. "No one is untouchable."
"It’s a great day for America, and for the real journalists who work hard every day to deliver the news at Fox."
The remark appeared to be in reference to Carlson's internal messages that were exposed leading up to the Dominion Voting Systems defamation trial.
Another staffer offered their opinion on Carlson's firing.

"It was a good move to part ways with Tucker," a producer at the network chimed in. "He knowingly spread lies throughout his time at Fox, but I fear management will replace him with someone who is just like him … so there probably won’t be any real change."

It's kinda like when Nixon resigned and was pardoned. It sort of ends the current crisis. Whether or not the institution has learned it's lesson or not...another matter.

I think so too. A lot of his viewers are old, and if Tucker is going to leave cable they’re not going to follow him.
Well, if he gives away his content for free, sure. If you're going to have to pay every month to hear his rants...nope. I know people paid for cable but you got 100+ channels along with Tucker.

A+ for creativity... Both Tucker and Fox will be fine though. What isn't fine is this... people in the middle (by that I mean the main stream media and other non-partisans) pay attention to what Tucker says because he's the most visible mouthpiece from looney land. To use a tortured analogy only because I can't think of another one that applies...when a group of fanatics take over the parliament or the local 7-Eleven, you don't negotiate with the guy who is watching the hostages, you negotiate with the leader of the group. See Munich 72 for an example. Tucker was that guy. And, as much as it could help, it helped when he was the megaphone for some Trump points that found traction in the middle. By the same token, if Tuck Tuck wasn't there, Biden doesn't get 81M votes because there is nobody whom anyone is paying attention to giving bulletin board material to the left on an hourly basis. All this is in a matter of saying...What isn't fine is that the true undecideds and the non partisans are not going to hear the "big idea" from the right as much as they would otherwise. We've got to remember, politics for most is a necessary evil...a hobby. They are not wondering daily about if Obama wore a flag on his lapel or Trump claiming that Alabama was part of the Atlantic seaboard. What they hear is what they my pick up in the car or on the 6 o'clock news. And its not going to be a visible firebrand spouting stuff that may attract as much as it may alienate.

Put another way; good news for Biden, bad news for the right.
loony land?.....which land is that?..... the die hard right or die hard left?....they both have plenty of loons in them....

Fox announces replacement show

PUKE*** :mad-61: :rolleyes-41:

UVpOyWJ.jpg

Those who oppose racism, bigotry, and hate, who oppose illiberal neo-fascist authoritarianism, and those who oppose news reporting agencies that knowingly and willfully engage in reckless, irresponsible defamation – those good guys.

And how many of them are there? Probably not many. There are people who might claim these things, but aren't actually this kind of person at all. They're just scared of being seen as something.

You're too busy doing that to yourself.

The "good guys" are the ones who don't try to stop the peaceful transfer of power. You're asking "who the good guys are" in some lame attempt to sound intelligent. It isn't working.

I'm asking who the "good guys" are because most of the time people use such phrases without really thinking about anything.

But I get the feeling you couldn't give a crap about a proper conversation, so what's the point? You just want everyone to accept the accepted narrative and move on with things. Fine, go talk to others who are happy to be like that.

Nonsense. Being willing to lie so consistently and systematically to cater to conservative biases that they had to settle for the largest public defamation settlement in the history of the world most definitely does demonstrate a hugely heightened degree of flagrant bias..

Being willing to lie so consistently and systematically to cater to conservative conspiracy theories that the courts granted summary judgment against Fox for falsity most definitely does demonstrate a hugely heightened degree of bias.

The evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that is CRYSTAL clear that none of the Statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election are true. Therefore , the Court will grant summary judgment in favor of Dominion on the element of falsity

This isn't an isolated incident. There are 40 pages of this nonsense Fox lied about.

Insisting that those who fact check should be fired most definitely does demonstrate a hugely heightened degree of bias.

Refusing to fact check because its bad for business most definitely does demonstrate a hugely heightened degree of bias.

Your attempts at false equivalency require us to ignore all of this.

No thank you.
Nah, the only thing it demonstrates is fox’s capacity to do the wrong thing, it in no way demonstrates any more bias than any other network.

You are just stuck in this because you don’t want to admit that the left engages in confirmation and political bias just as much as fox does.

Bias isn’t the measuring stick for how bad someone acts, it’s just the capacity to slant a story in one political leaning or the other. Both sides do that equally

You are just confirming my theory that the left believes their side are incapable of any lying or wrong doing.

holy shit! get a picture of this....jones actually replied to something....lets keep it going jonesy.....who are the good guys?...
Still wrong.

Carlson isn’t being ‘silenced.’

Conservatives lying about Carlson being ‘silenced’ is another example of the right whining about being ‘victims.’

There are ample other means of communication available to Carlson for him to continue to spread his misinformation, lies, racism, bigotry, and hate.

So, anyone else think that Carlson isn’t the only one on the outs? Possible hannity is about to get the axe too? I don’t watch Fox News, but, did hannity also say things about dominion as well? If so, then they may be about to cut him loose as well, they are just doing it slowly as to not cause too much of a ruckus?

Forum List

Back