Tuesday primaries was a good sign for moderates

I think I am getting through to Papadude, also. This makes me feel great.
You are, I think you need medical attention to help you with your mental issues and you trying to play victim. I’ll pray for you.

Last edited:
Just so the extremes turn to the middle

Rarely in the real world do you accommodate things you know are wrong. If "moderates" mean "bi-partisanship - then its back to getting 1/2 the solutions at 4 times the price.

I prefer to seek "problem solvers" -- no matter WHICH wickedly inept party they come from. Because Congress is out over their skis and abilities taking on responsibilities they KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. And they dont invest the time to PERSONALLY get educated.

PROBLEM SOLVERS -- are adept at LEARNING what's broke and how things work. THOSE FOLKS ARE RARE in politics. You ever see any "problem solving" classes in a Political Science dept? I'm working with Independents now and I STRESS the ability to problem solve -- not triangulate -- not cave - for political expediency.

Voters reward this. And that's why Independent candidates ARE our way out of this. We're all LOSING BIGGLY -- by constantly voting for "winners" that are judged on how Democrat or Republican they are. IT'S AN INSANE way to view what we DEMAND from our politicians. That attitude just BOLSTERS the lust for power and control and leaves us with spiraling never ending crises.

Papageorgio is an angry one. People with his temperament can be dangerous.
The best leaders and the best citizens are those with a level disposition.
Most laws are written to curtail very angry people, like Papageorgio, who act out.
If we had less people, like Papageorgio, we would not need as many laws.
Big time leftist hypocrite. ^^^

Trump endorsed Republicans lost to their "not Trump endorsed" opponents

Really? This link to lefty Politico (since you provided none) says he endorsed 16 candidates. By my count all 16 won, or advanced.

California wins​

CA01​

Rep. Doug LaMalfa​

Made the general election by finishing in first place.

He voted to overturn 2020 election results.

CA03​

Kevin Kiley​

Made the general election by finishing in second place.

A GOP state assemblyman and sharp critic of Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, Kiley placed sixth in his bid to unseat Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in 2021. But that finish didn’t dissuade Trump from backing him after meeting Kiley in May at a Trump California golf course. “No one has fought Gavin Newsom harder than Kevin. He doesn’t wait for the fight, like the do-nothing RINOs who have watched California get absolutely destroyed by the radical maniacs in Sacramento,” Trump said in his endorsement.

CA05​

Rep. Tom McClintock​

CA20​

Rep. Kevin McCarthy​

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) speaks with reporters after voting on the establishment of a commission to investigate the events of Jan. 6 in May 2021. | Win McNamee/Getty Images

The House minority leader, whom Trump has referred to as “my Kevin,” received his endorsement from the former president over the weekend. Audio tapes released in April showed McCarthy privately bashing the former president following the Jan. 6 attacks — to the brief irritation of Trump and others in the GOP — though the two still publicly support each other.

McCarthy voted to overturn 2020 election results.

CA22​

Connie Conway​

Trump backed the former state legislator in the special election runoff to replace GOP Rep. Devin Nunes, who resigned his seat to run Trump’s media company. In his endorsement statement, the former president commended Conway’s work for his administration as California executive director for the Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency.

Conway will only serve in Congress temporarily, as the district lapses next year after the state’s new congressional district map takes effect.

Trump's endorsement record isn't as strong as he says | Inside the Forecast

Play Video

CA23​

Rep. Jay Obernolte*​

*With 48 percent of the expected vote in, Obernolte was in first place.

CA41​

Rep. Ken Calvert*​

*With 68 percent of the expected vote in, Calvert was in first place.

CA48​

Rep. Darrell Issa​

Iowa wins​

GOVERNOR​

Gov. Kim Reynolds​

Unopposed.

SENATE​

Sen. Chuck Grassley​

Senate Judiciary Ranking Member Chuck Grassley

Senate Judiciary Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-IA) speaks during a nomination hearing with the Senate Judiciary Committee in February. | Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Won with 74 percent.

The 88-year-old senator has criticized Trump’s role in the Jan. 6 attacks in the past — and called for the prosecution of participants — but that didn’t stop Grassley from touting the former president’s support. “So if I didn’t accept the endorsement of a person who has 91% of the Republican voters in Iowa, I wouldn’t be too smart. I’m smart enough to accept that endorsement,” Grassley said at an October rally last year where he received Trump’s backing.

IA01​

Rep. Ashley Hinson​

Unopposed.

IA04​

Rep. Randy Feenstra​

Unopposed.

Mississippi wins​

MS01​

Rep. Trent Kelly​

Won with 90 percent.

Montana wins​

MT01​

Ryan Zinke*​

Ryan Zinke testifies before a committee.

Former Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke testifies before the Senate in May 2018, in Washington, D.C. | Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

*With 80 percent of the expected vote in, Zinke held a narrow lead over Al Olszewski, 41 percent to 40 percent.

Zinke served as U.S. Interior Secretary under Trump for two years after a previous stint in Congress. He resigned in 2018 over financial ethics concerns, related to an investigation that found he inappropriately used his authority to support a Montana-based project and did not divulge all information related to his involvement. In his endorsement, Trump praised Zinke for his previous Cabinet work and said he looked forward to someone who would “fight against the radical left Democrats who continually block the America First policies we put in place.”

MT02​

Rep. Matt Rosendale​

Won with 76 percent.

South Dakota wins​

GOVERNOR​

Gov. Kristi Noem​

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem speaks in Sioux Falls, S.D.

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem speaks in Sioux Falls, S.D. | Erin Bormett/The Argus Leader via AP

Won with 76 percent.

Trump took notice of Noem during her tenure in Congress and then as governor — the former president even asked her to consider running against Sen. John Thune, which she declined. During Trump’s Independence Day visit to South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore in 2020, Noem presented him with a replica with his face on it after he expressed interest in joining his presidential predecessors on the national landmark. She also campaigned around the country for Trump in 2020 and had a 2021 fundraiser for her reelection campaign at Mar-a-Lago, hosted by Donald Trump Jr. and girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle.

ElmerMudd seems to have missed this post. Surely he isn't avoiding because it makes him look like an idiot.

there you go again elmer.....if you disagree with me you must be a trump minion.....here let me give you some tough love.....elmer you are a dipshit....
I just spent two days trying this exact same approach on the lefties and they got howling mad.

These leftards are so full of shit it boggles the mind.

The middle includes compromise when the far right and the far left get some of what they want and not all they want.
The middle includes compromise.
Using the same standards as those who wrote our Constitution.
Do you understand all of the compromises required to have our Constitution accepted by all who signed.
Guess what, you sound like Nevil Chamberlain

Guess what: NO COMPROMISE with communist fucktards.

NO COMPROMISE with those who wish to trample on my rights.

You and your idiotic "center" are going to piss away everything my ancestors fought and died for - for 900 years! !!!

And guess what - I'm not going to let you do that. You're going to have to kill me first. Are you ready to do that?

No, I just happen to know what the word means.

Anyone that supports/votes for the Repubs is not a Conservative
I feel ya

But still... not quite true

There is still an internal battle within the Republican Party, between the populists and the RINOs.

I feel ya

But still... not quite true

There is still an internal battle within the Republican Party, between the populists and the RINOs.

The battle is long lost. They still hold up Reagan as some sort of conservative deity

All of you brain dead Trump minion's anger toward me really hurts. I extend tough love toward the whole group in an attempt to pull you out of the destructive Trump cult. How am I thanked. With anger. It is not fair.

Yep. Leftwing blood-thirsty crazy radical subversive.

If lefties really want to debate yesterday's primaries you could say (honestly) that Trump didn't endorse a single challenger to a republican incumbent and they all won handily. On the other side it seems that chaos reigns in the democrat party as hard core democrat voters desperately pick "moderate" candidates that might have a chance to overcome the republican sweep in November

i dont listen to die hard party people elmer....so no you are not getting through to me....but since you replied to what i said,i may be getting through to you....
You have got through to me, Harry. I completely understand the points you make.
That is why I understand you are an extremist looking for answers that are not happening.

If lefties really want to debate yesterday's primaries you could say (honestly) that Trump didn't endorse a single challenger to a republican incumbent and they all won handily. On the other side it seems that chaos reigns in the democrat party as hard core democrat voters desperately pick "moderate" candidates that might have a chance to overcome the republican sweep in November
moving to the middle is not chaos. It is sanity.
No doubt, the far left is losing voters and rightfully so.
No doubt Trump's power and influence is waning with voters

Rarely in the real world do you accommodate things you know are wrong. If "moderates" mean "bi-partisanship - then its back to getting 1/2 the solutions at 4 times the price.

I prefer to seek "problem solvers" -- no matter WHICH wickedly inept party they come from. Because Congress is out over their skis and abilities taking on responsibilities they KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. And they dont invest the time to PERSONALLY get educated.

PROBLEM SOLVERS -- are adept at LEARNING what's broke and how things work. THOSE FOLKS ARE RARE in politics. You ever see any "problem solving" classes in a Political Science dept? I'm working with Independents now and I STRESS the ability to problem solve -- not triangulate -- not cave - for political expediency.

Voters reward this. And that's why Independent candidates ARE our way out of this. We're all LOSING BIGGLY -- by constantly voting for "winners" that are judged on how Democrat or Republican they are. IT'S AN INSANE way to view what we DEMAND from our politicians. That attitude just BOLSTERS the lust for power and control and leaves us with spiraling never ending crises.
I don't disagree.

moving to the middle is not chaos. It is sanity.
No doubt, the far left is losing voters and rightfully so.
No doubt Trump's power and influence is waning with voters
Moving to the middle in the democrat party is chaotic when the majority of the party is off the charts left wing.

Forum List

Back