Tulsa police officer charged with manslaughter

Personally, I think this woman should have never been allowed to be a police officer. She cracked under pressure, freaked out, was paranoid and killed a man that did nothing wrong. How did she pass the damn psych test to begin with?

I don't think she killed him on purpose, or planned it...I think she is a pussy, felt she was god due to a badge, and under normal circumstances is a paranoid cvnt that should never carry a gun. AND should spend a goodly amount of time in jail for it. How many people have sat in prison for 8 years on a robbery charge or something not as bad as killing another human being? This bitch MIGHT get 4 years? Not long enough.

Again...jmho and you own mileage may vary.

From the article:

"There was no weapon found in the car."

Watch how scumbags try to change this fact over the next 48 hours...

I got a dollar says she walks ... she had reason to believe there was a weapon in the car. There is no other practicable rationale for his actions.

Of course they charged her .... that was more politics than law.

Shelby was a "drug expert."

She knew how to "recognize" a problem then.

Why did she not notice the door was closed and the window rolled up.

Yeah, she will be tried.
Pretty sure she will get off. This is in OK.

I think it was a mistake, she couldn't handle the stress, but she should be found guilty of manslaughter in this case anyway. To bad the guy didn't listen to the police and stop. Its a tragedy.
You think it was a mistake? What led you to believe that? White benefit of the doubt?

Sure, why would any relatively young woman murder someone on purpose and throw their own life away for the "pleasure" of murdering someone? When I say mistake, its just my opinion, she was probably afraid because he wasn't responding when she repeatedly told him to get down on his knees, then she mistook some motion as a threat, its hard because its not exactly a clear picture from the angle I can see

White benefit of doubt? what would you call it if the officer was black? i dont think white has anything to do with it.
She would do it for a variety of reasons. First she probably thought she would never get caught on camera. Secondly she may have been attempting to pass initiation.

I would call it a crime and i certainly wouldnt be making excuses and trying to smooth over what a Black officer had done.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous --- initiation???

Are you serious???

Personally, I think this woman should have never been allowed to be a police officer. She cracked under pressure, freaked out, was paranoid and killed a man that did nothing wrong. How did she pass the damn psych test to begin with?

I don't think she killed him on purpose, or planned it...I think she is a pussy, felt she was god due to a badge, and under normal circumstances is a paranoid cvnt that should never carry a gun. AND should spend a goodly amount of time in jail for it. How many people have sat in prison for 8 years on a robbery charge or something not as bad as killing another human being? This bitch MIGHT get 4 years? Not long enough.

Again...jmho and you own mileage may vary.

Wow!!! You're really a good judge of character, to have figured all that out based on 8 seconds of video. Do you read minds, too? Predict rain? Or, is this just another case of political correctness interfering with your thought processes?

I think it was a mistake, she couldn't handle the stress, but she should be found guilty of manslaughter in this case anyway. To bad the guy didn't listen to the police and stop. Its a tragedy.
You think it was a mistake? What led you to believe that? White benefit of the doubt?

Sure, why would any relatively young woman murder someone on purpose and throw their own life away for the "pleasure" of murdering someone? When I say mistake, its just my opinion, she was probably afraid because he wasn't responding when she repeatedly told him to get down on his knees, then she mistook some motion as a threat, its hard because its not exactly a clear picture from the angle I can see

White benefit of doubt? what would you call it if the officer was black? i dont think white has anything to do with it.
She would do it for a variety of reasons. First she probably thought she would never get caught on camera. Secondly she may have been attempting to pass initiation.

I would call it a crime and i certainly wouldnt be making excuses and trying to smooth over what a Black officer had done.

Are you serious???
Obviously you have never played sports or been part of any elite organization in your life.

(CNN) Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby has been charged with felony manslaughter in the first degree, Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler told reporters Thursday.

Shelby fatally shot 40-year-old Terence Crutcher after his SUV stopped in a roadway last week.

Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby charged with manslaughter - CNN.com

HOORAY!

You knew just from her frantic, shrill "...Shots fired!" audio that she was out of control.

Amazing!! First, we have a mind reader, and now we have a vocal interpreter.who can determine guilt and innocence, statement of mind, and pernicious intent, simply based on two words.

You guys amuse me ... oops ... I meant AMAZE me -- I really did.

Shelby was a "drug expert."

She knew how to "recognize" a problem then.

Why did she not notice the door was closed and the window rolled up.

Yeah, she will be tried.

I didn't say she should be found innocent of manslaugter. But wait, you say she Probably thought she wouldn't get caught on camera??? everyone knows everything is video'd now, thats just a ridiculous statement. Not trying to smooth over someone's responsibility, just looking at reasons she would have been jumpy. Unfortunantly for this guy, he also put himself in a dangerous position by refusing to listen to the officer. Now why would someone do that? Pride? I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to look at what might have happened.

what would your other variety of reasons be? She just hated black people? really just wanted to shoot someone today? It just couldnt be that she was nervous and let that get the best of her could it? oh no, cause she was a WHITE.

Spare me the Change, fuckwad.
This woman killed a man with both of his hands up, no weapon, because she freaked out that the black man would kill her. Like...right. Eye roll.

Are you serious???
Obviously you have never played sports or been part of any elite organization in your life.

Obviously not .... unless, of course, you count college baseball teams, military units, and elite paramilitary organizations.

Meanwhile.....I believe she will be let off. Of course they will arrest her, but she will be found not guilty, then fired.
That's how it usually goes.

I didn't say she should be found innocent of manslaugter. But wait, you say she Probably thought she wouldn't get caught on camera??? everyone knows everything is video'd now, thats just a ridiculous statement. Not trying to smooth over someone's responsibility, just looking at reasons she would have been jumpy. Unfortunantly for this guy, he also put himself in a dangerous position by refusing to listen to the officer. Now why would someone do that? Pride? I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to look at what might have happened.

what would your other variety of reasons be? She just hated black people? really just wanted to shoot someone today? It just couldnt be that she was nervous and let that get the best of her could it? oh no, cause she was a WHITE.
I never claimed you said she should be found innocent. I said you were trying to smooth it over as if it was all just some tragic accident for her.

Yes cops do crooked stuff all the time when they dont think they are going to be caught. Like the cop that put a gun to my head for walking home at the age of 9.

Blaming the guy for her lack of professionalism is exactly what I was talking about. She shot him after or while he was being tazed. What exactly was she panicking about?

Spare me the Change, fuckwad.
This woman killed a man with both of his hands up, no weapon, because she freaked out that the black man would kill her. Like...right. Eye roll.

Nooo --- don't misunderstand. I stand in awe of your obviously superhuman perceptiveness, your ability to divine the inner workings of person's mind, and the intent in her black little heart -- all from an 8 second video.

Or, maybe, you choose to interpret it that way in order to justify your preconceived notion.

Are you serious???

Obviously not .... unless, of course, you count college baseball teams, military units, and elite paramilitary organizations.
You couldnt have been in any of those if you are outraged at the notion of initiation rights.

Are you serious???

You couldnt have been in any of those if you are outraged at the notion of initiation rights.

Believe me, I'm not outraged at the notion of initiation right s... I'm outraged at the incipient stupidity that would cause you to make an accusation like that with absolutely no justification whatsoever.

I'm even more outraged that you would have the temerity to think you could say something like that without being challenged. But then, it would seem that you have abdicated your responsibility to intelligent commentary.

Put down the pipe homes' there were other Cops there. She did not think she was going to get away with anything. If anything SHE panicked and shot when maybe could have waited. She should have been home mopping floors. Leftist want 90lb women in special forces..............pssst.....it won't work.

She did us all a favor. did you see the rap sheet? did you see how crazy perp was acting? pow! right in the kisser. save some paperwork.

Are you serious???

Believe me, I'm not outraged at the notion of initiation right s... I'm outraged at the incipient stupidity that would cause you to make an accusation like that with absolutely no justification whatsoever.
Well you thought the concept of an initiation right was ludicrous. If you know there are initiation rights why were you so upset?

Put down the pipe homes' there were other Cops there. She did not think she was going to get away with anything. If anything SHE panicked and shot when maybe could have waited. She should have been home mopping floors. Leftist want 90lb women in special forces..............pssst.....it won't work.

She did us all a favor. did you see the rap sheet? did you see how crazy perp was acting? pow! right in the kisser. save some paperwork.
The other cops wouldnt have turned her in. Most likely they were racists as well.

The other cops wouldnt have turned her in. Most likely they were racists as well.

You know --- it's interesting.

You run around here bitching and moaning about how everybody profiles blacks ....

... but you have no problem whatsoever profiling cops, do you?

What goes around, comes around.

I never claimed you said she should be found innocent. I said you were trying to smooth it over as if it was all just some tragic accident for her.

Yes cops do crooked stuff all the time when they dont think they are going to be caught. Like the cop that put a gun to my head for walking home at the age of 9.

Blaming the guy for her lack of professionalism is exactly what I was talking about. She shot him after or while he was being tazed. What exactly was she panicking about?

He didnt make very much of a move, and did not appear to be much of a threat with all those cops around, which is why I believe she should still be found responsible. An innocent man lost his life. He did no crime. But you ask why would she be nervous? because, previous to the video, he was also refusing to follow orders to remove his hands from his pockets and later when guns are drawn on him he refuses to stop. Not saying that makes him a bad guy at all, but to a COP, they have no idea at that point whether this guy is a sweet father or brother, only that hes refusing orders while guns are drawn on him, which will make a cop nervous every time. Doesnt matter if your black, white or yellow, there gonna think your up to something no good.

You know --- it's interesting.

You run around here bitching and moaning about how everybody profiles blacks ....

... but you have no problem whatsoever profiling cops, do you?

What goes around, comes around.
Why would I have a problem profiling cops? They profile me and other Blacks long before we profiled them.

Forum List

Back