Tulsa police officer charged with manslaughter

You think it was a mistake? What led you to believe that? White benefit of the doubt?

Sure, why would any relatively young woman murder someone on purpose and throw their own life away for the "pleasure" of murdering someone? When I say mistake, its just my opinion, she was probably afraid because he wasn't responding when she repeatedly told him to get down on his knees, then she mistook some motion as a threat, its hard because its not exactly a clear picture from the angle I can see

White benefit of doubt? what would you call it if the officer was black? i dont think white has anything to do with it.
She would do it for a variety of reasons. First she probably thought she would never get caught on camera. Secondly she may have been attempting to pass initiation.

I would call it a crime and i certainly wouldnt be making excuses and trying to smooth over what a Black officer had done.

I didn't say she should be found innocent of manslaugter. But wait, you say she Probably thought she wouldn't get caught on camera??? everyone knows everything is video'd now, thats just a ridiculous statement. Not trying to smooth over someone's responsibility, just looking at reasons she would have been jumpy. Unfortunantly for this guy, he also put himself in a dangerous position by refusing to listen to the officer. Now why would someone do that? Pride? I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to look at what might have happened.

what would your other variety of reasons be? She just hated black people? really just wanted to shoot someone today? It just couldnt be that she was nervous and let that get the best of her could it? oh no, cause she was a WHITE.
I never claimed you said she should be found innocent. I said you were trying to smooth it over as if it was all just some tragic accident for her.

Yes cops do crooked stuff all the time when they dont think they are going to be caught. Like the cop that put a gun to my head for walking home at the age of 9.

Blaming the guy for her lack of professionalism is exactly what I was talking about. She shot him after or while he was being tazed. What exactly was she panicking about?

He didnt make very much of a move, and did not appear to be much of a threat with all those cops around, which is why I believe she should still be found responsible. An innocent man lost his life. He did no crime. But you ask why would she be nervous? because, previous to the video, he was also refusing to follow orders to remove his hands from his pockets and later when guns are drawn on him he refuses to stop. Not saying that makes him a bad guy at all, but to a COP, they have no idea at that point whether this guy is a sweet father or brother, only that hes refusing orders while guns are drawn on him, which will make a cop nervous every time. Doesnt matter if your black, white or yellow, there gonna think your up to something no good.
But you dont shoot someone for not following orders. i wonder where the disconnect is with the apologists?

She would do it for a variety of reasons. First she probably thought she would never get caught on camera. Secondly she may have been attempting to pass initiation.

I would call it a crime and i certainly wouldnt be making excuses and trying to smooth over what a Black officer had done.

Put down the pipe homes' there were other Cops there. She did not think she was going to get away with anything. If anything SHE panicked and shot when maybe could have waited. She should have been home mopping floors. Leftist want 90lb women in special forces..............pssst.....it won't work.

She did us all a favor. did you see the rap sheet? did you see how crazy perp was acting? pow! right in the kisser. save some paperwork.
The other cops wouldnt have turned her in. Most likely they were racists as well.

You know --- it's interesting.

You run around here bitching and moaning about how everybody profiles blacks ....

... but you have no problem whatsoever profiling cops, do you?

What goes around, comes around.
Why would I have a problem profiling cops? They profile me and other Blacks long before we profiled them.

Then, quit bitching because they profile you ... turnabout is fair play.

You sound like some little third grader ... "But he did it FIRST!"

Sure, why would any relatively young woman murder someone on purpose and throw their own life away for the "pleasure" of murdering someone? When I say mistake, its just my opinion, she was probably afraid because he wasn't responding when she repeatedly told him to get down on his knees, then she mistook some motion as a threat, its hard because its not exactly a clear picture from the angle I can see

White benefit of doubt? what would you call it if the officer was black? i dont think white has anything to do with it.

I didn't say she should be found innocent of manslaugter. But wait, you say she Probably thought she wouldn't get caught on camera??? everyone knows everything is video'd now, thats just a ridiculous statement. Not trying to smooth over someone's responsibility, just looking at reasons she would have been jumpy. Unfortunantly for this guy, he also put himself in a dangerous position by refusing to listen to the officer. Now why would someone do that? Pride? I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to look at what might have happened.

what would your other variety of reasons be? She just hated black people? really just wanted to shoot someone today? It just couldnt be that she was nervous and let that get the best of her could it? oh no, cause she was a WHITE.
I never claimed you said she should be found innocent. I said you were trying to smooth it over as if it was all just some tragic accident for her.

Yes cops do crooked stuff all the time when they dont think they are going to be caught. Like the cop that put a gun to my head for walking home at the age of 9.

Blaming the guy for her lack of professionalism is exactly what I was talking about. She shot him after or while he was being tazed. What exactly was she panicking about?

He didnt make very much of a move, and did not appear to be much of a threat with all those cops around, which is why I believe she should still be found responsible. An innocent man lost his life. He did no crime. But you ask why would she be nervous? because, previous to the video, he was also refusing to follow orders to remove his hands from his pockets and later when guns are drawn on him he refuses to stop. Not saying that makes him a bad guy at all, but to a COP, they have no idea at that point whether this guy is a sweet father or brother, only that hes refusing orders while guns are drawn on him, which will make a cop nervous every time. Doesnt matter if your black, white or yellow, there gonna think your up to something no good.
But you dont shoot someone for not following orders. i wonder where the disconnect is with the apologists?

I agree, you DONT shoot someone for not following orders. I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying the cop was most likely nervous, not necessarily a cold blooded killer. If there was proof of that, they should be charging her with 2nd degree.

Put down the pipe homes' there were other Cops there. She did not think she was going to get away with anything. If anything SHE panicked and shot when maybe could have waited. She should have been home mopping floors. Leftist want 90lb women in special forces..............pssst.....it won't work.

She did us all a favor. did you see the rap sheet? did you see how crazy perp was acting? pow! right in the kisser. save some paperwork.
The other cops wouldnt have turned her in. Most likely they were racists as well.

You run around here bitching and moaning about how everybody profiles blacks ....

Why would I have a problem profiling cops? They profile me and other Blacks long before we profiled them.

No thanks. If they profile me I will profile them. If that bothers you please stop whining about it and deal with it. When another cop gets executed I dont want to see you whining.

No thanks. If they profile me I will profile them. If that bothers you please stop whining about it and deal with it. When another cop gets executed I dont want to see you whining.
Gotta tell you ... that doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

Promoting a shooting war is unconscionable, irresponsible, and might I add, illegal.

Again..this woman was not fit to be a police officer. Too twitchy. And she should have never passed the psych test OR handed a gun. There were other cops there. Why would she feel so threatened of her own life when so many were there as her back up? Because she is twitchy. Bad thing, that. Twitchy and having a fire arm AND a badge. Bad.

Gotta tell you ... that doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

Promoting a shooting war is unconscionable, irresponsible, and might I add, illegal.
If its so unconscionable I suggest you dont do it then.

I agree, you DONT shoot someone for not following orders. I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying the cop was most likely nervous, not necessarily a cold blooded killer. If there was proof of that, they should be charging her with 2nd degree.
I dont buy the nervous part. She had plenty of back up and she had already cleared the car.

Since all this shit started..TWO were murdered in my opinion. Eric Gardner and this guy. Two bad cops (that I know of) that should have never been cops. One strangling a guy for selling cigs on a street corner begging for help while being strangled for no damn reason, the other for not complying but not being threatening.

This woman cop and the schmuck that likes to strangle are both murderers. Did both INTEND to kill? She did. The other one..doing a maneuver his superiors outlawed. Still...two people are dead that shouldn't be. Twitchers.

Vetting cops needs to be a higher priority now. Too many are slipping through that have no business being employed as LE.

I dont buy the nervous part. She had plenty of back up and she had already cleared the car.

Ok, fine. thats your opinion. but her voice sounded to me like she was cracking, not confident. I think a cop can still be nervous in that situation because even training cant prepare you for the real thing and if your not confident your mind can play tricks. The whole thing seems wierd to me because usually women are the nurturing ones in society, the last one you would expect to pull the trigger, which is why i think there was something going on in her head. So if you don't think she was nervous, then what??

Ok, fine. thats your opinion. but her voice sounded to me like she was cracking, not confident. I think a cop can still be nervous in that situation because even training cant prepare you for the real thing and if your not confident your mind can play tricks. The whole thing seems wierd to me because usually women are the nurturing ones in society, the last one you would expect to pull the trigger, which is why i think there was something going on in her head. So if you don't think she was nervous, then what??
Racist or initiation.

For all you Trump supporters out there who are saying that this police officer was justified.................hate to tell you....................but even your fearless leader Trump says that this woman choked.

Like I said a few posts before..................

The dude was driving down the road when he had car trouble (probably electrical), and he ended up in the middle of the road. He either (a) knows that he doesn't have road flares or (b) checks the trunk an sees that he has nothing to signal drivers about the hazard in the road. So, noticing that it's twilight, he goes back 100 feet so as to be able to signal other drivers about the hazard like he learned in drivers education (as did I).

Meanwhile, while he's dealing with the car, someone sees his car in the road and calls 911 to report it. The cops are already edgy because of the recent bombings and attacks, so they send several units, as well as a helo, to check out what is going on.

When the cops get there, they see a black man behind a stopped vehicle. They tell him to show his hands (which he does by raising them above his head), and then probably asked him for ID. Well, since he left it in his vehicle, he starts walking back towards the car to get it. He gets to the side of the vehicle, and one cop has a taser drawn, the other has a gun.

He reaches for the handle, the officers hear a metallic "click", and thinking there might be something bad happening one hits him with the taser. Now, when you have 50,000 volts traveling through your body, your muscles tend to go stiff and lock up, and you twitch. Most people's reaction is to reach straight down between their legs, because that is how their arm muscles lock up.

Officer rookie (the woman with the gun) sees him twitching with his hands between his legs thinks he's going for a gun and shoots him dead.

He was already tasered. And, if you're hit with a police taser, until they either disconnect the wires, or pull the darts out of your skin, all they have to do to lock you up again is to pull the trigger. There have been instances where it's been proven that people have been tasered multiple times by the police.

If I was the lawyer for this family, I'd get a mechanic to go over the vehicle to see if it was malfunctioning, and also would ask that if the guy already has taser darts in him, why was it necessary for the other cop to shoot?

She should get manslaughter at the very least and serve at least 2 years IMHO.

How was he reaching into a car with the windows closed?
How's she supposed to see that from BEHIND the car? She did what was right....coon should have stopped and got on ground and NONE of this would have happened.
Why are you lying? Through her attorney, she said she saw him reaching into the vehicle's window.
I'm not lying. I am explaining things from MY point of view. From MY point of view she can't see if the window is up or down. Again its his fault.Listen to the instructions and don't get shot!
Your point of view is meaningless. Her's will be the one on trial, not yours. And her claim is she shot him because he was reaching into the window of the vehicle.

That's gonna be a yuge hurdle for her to overcome.

The window was up.

enlarged-photo-from-crutcher-shooting1.jpeg
It's down. The windows are tinted. I see leather tan seats.

Have you ever seen a vehicle with clear front windows and tinted rear windows?

(CNN) Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby has been charged with felony manslaughter in the first degree, Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler told reporters Thursday.

Shelby fatally shot 40-year-old Terence Crutcher after his SUV stopped in a roadway last week.

Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby charged with manslaughter - CNN.com
Why?

What the fuck do you mean, "why?" BECAUSE SHE SHOT AND KILLED HIM, IDIOT.
He made a sudden action in light of commands from her. She has a right to defend her own life.

Her life was never threatened.

What was the reason for her to have ever drawn her weapon in the first place?

This is not a case of racism, I think.

It is a case of a police office who was not a cut above.

Eric Gardner and this guy. Two bad cops (that I know of) that should have never been cops. One strangling a guy for selling cigs on a street corner
He died because he was a fatty who struggled with cops. Good grief why won't blacks get proper behaviour that everybody else in civilized society understands.

Feral animals don't speak English. At least they have an excuse. Africans simply ignore authority and believe they can do whatever the hell they want. Dumb shits!

Forum List

Back