Two more questions for partisans

Now that political "discourse" in this country has devolved to little more than personal attacks, hyperbole and distortion aimed at the other "side" -- and I obviously ain't just talking about USMB -- and now that the two "sides" can exist in alternate universes in terms of the "news" they choose to believe, it would be nice to have a template from which the rest of us can view this crippling debacle.

I'm sure we can all agree that the constant use of vicious personal attacks, hyperbole and distortion will not change a person's mind, and instead will almost certainly just serve to strengthen their already-held beliefs. Human nature.

So, two questions:

Would it be safe to say that you're no longer interested in changing the minds of the other side?

Would it also be safe to say that your goal now is to beat the other side, and if so, what would that look like on a practical basis?

Never want to change the minds of the other side. Ideally, a great Liberal mind and a great Conservative mind engaged in civil discourse with a joint commitment towards consensus is when everyone wins. However, the culture today is so divided partisan the goal is to beat the other side. The 2007-2016 Elections have shown that.

Now that political "discourse" in this country has devolved to little more than personal attacks, hyperbole and distortion aimed at the other "side" -- and I obviously ain't just talking about USMB -- and now that the two "sides" can exist in alternate universes in terms of the "news" they choose to believe, it would be nice to have a template from which the rest of us can view this crippling debacle.

I'm sure we can all agree that the constant use of vicious personal attacks, hyperbole and distortion will not change a person's mind, and instead will almost certainly just serve to strengthen their already-held beliefs. Human nature.

So, two questions:

Would it be safe to say that you're no longer interested in changing the minds of the other side?

Would it also be safe to say that your goal now is to beat the other side, and if so, what would that look like on a practical basis?

Never want to change the minds of the other side. Ideally, a great Liberal mind and a great Conservative mind engaged in civil discourse with a joint commitment towards consensus is when everyone wins. However, the culture today is so divided partisan the goal is to beat the other side. The 2007-2016 Elections have shown that.
Yep, "beating" the "other side" has certainly become the priority, and that essentially translates into "party over country".

1. It effects tens of millions of whites, who have an interest in that effect being reverse or at least the effects addressed.

How is that NOT, thus a white interest?

Maybe if Whites got off their entitled asses and learned math and engineering, they could get the good jobs.

I've worked in manufacturing. Never saw white guys on the assembly lines. It was all Indian and Hispanic women.

2. I know that automation AND bad trade policy has led to massive loss of manufacturing jobs. Automation is an issue that, imo, cannot be fought without losing competitiveness vs our trade rivals. Bad Trade policy CAN BE. Germany has twice the level of manufacturing employment we do. That is not because they are luddites who refuse to use automation. It is not because they have slave labor wages.

Except Germany is part of the EU, which is the biggest free trade organization in the world. What germany does (after they realized that Nazism is a terrible idea) is that they invest a lot into education and infrastructure.

They also have a very liberal immigration policy. I'm pretty sure you don't want to emulate that, KKKorrell.

I am trying to figure out why you think the manufacturing situation in Germany correlates to white interests in the US.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

do you need me to dumb that down more for you?

What's with you and the constant insults?

You haven't told me why the German rate of manufacturing employment exceeds that of the US or why this has anything to do with what you call "white interests" here in the US.

I am trying to figure out why you think the manufacturing situation in Germany correlates to white interests in the US.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

You haven't told me why the German rate of manufacturing employment exceeds that of the US or why this has anything to do with what you call "white interests" here in the US.

As I has said many times before, I believe it is trade policy.

Thus with better trade policy we could increase our manufacturing jobs, which are generally very good jobs for working class/middle class workers, dramatically.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

Thus with better trade policy we could increase our manufacturing jobs, which are generally very good jobs for working class/middle class workers, dramatically.

No. Not really. YOu see, KKKorrell, nobody really wants to buy anything made by Cleetus and Billy Bob. If you want cheap, you buy Mexican or Chinese.

If you want quality, you buy German or Japanese.

The real problem is, American workers have lost on both the quality and cost fronts. No amount of trade policy is going to paper that over, even with the Orange Shitgibbon in charge.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

Yeah. But there are black working class people who need those jobs too. You are making no sense.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

Yeah. But there are black working class people who need those jobs too. You are making no sense.

Your assumption that blacks benefiting from those jobs means that it is not a White Interest is unsupported and is your problem, not mine.

I have explained to you, very slowly and clearly, my point on trade.

Do you have something relevant to say on this subject?

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

Your assumption that blacks benefiting from those jobs means that it is not a White Interest is unsupported and is your problem, not mine.

Everyone knows that trade deals can be good for some and bad for others. But they are not primarily responsible for our loss of manufacturing jobs. They have been a net creator of jobs for the US.

That is not rocket science.

Do you believe that Germany has a higher percentage of workers in manufacturing than we do because of trade deals they made or did not make? Or, are there other reasons for the difference?

My ask remains. Why do not trade deals effect white people more than black people? Why do you insist on dividing this nation by race?

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

Everyone knows that trade deals can be good for some and bad for others. But they are not primarily responsible for our loss of manufacturing jobs. They have been a net creator of jobs for the US.

Do you believe that Germany has a higher percentage of workers in manufacturing than we do because of trade deals they made or did not make? Or, are there other reasons for the difference?

My ask remains. Why do not trade deals effect white people more than black people? Why do you insist on dividing this nation by race?

1. Primary or not, Germany is a first world nation, with high wages and automation and TWICE our level of manufacturing employment. THat shows that it can be done. Let's do it.

2. Yes, I believe that Germany has a higher level of manufacturing employment because they craft their trade policies based on the interests of GERMANY, and not an Ideological Commitment to Free Trade or some idea of international Fairness.

2b What other reasons are you thinking of, to explain the massive difference?

3. I did not claim that trade deals affect white people more. I said it was a white interest and it is.

4. I did not divide this nation by race. I came to realize over time how greatly we were divided.

MORE JOBS = GOOD.

1. Primary or not, Germany is a first world nation, with high wages and automation and TWICE our level of manufacturing employment. THat shows that it can be done. Let's do it.

2. Yes, I believe that Germany has a higher level of manufacturing employment because they craft their trade policies based on the interests of GERMANY, and not an Ideological Commitment to Free Trade or some idea of international Fairness.

2b What other reasons are you thinking of, to explain the massive difference?

3. I did not claim that trade deals affect white people more. I said it was a white interest and it is.

4. I did not divide this nation by race. I came to realize over time how greatly we were divided.

2b. Please humor me. What other reasons could there be?

Okay. So let's have what Germany has.

Liberal immigration policies. Most of that 20% are guestarbiters, or guest workers from Poland or Turkey

Universal Health Care. Which means that the cost of health care isn't added on to every product.

Strong unions- German unions not only are in every workplace, they have a major say on how the company is run.

Somehow, I don't think you'd be keen on that.

Again, Germany is the biggest advocate of the European Union, which is probably the biggest proponent of free trade in the world.

Yes, but you keep ignoring why we are divided, dummy. We are divided because rich white people keep telling you poor white people that the darkies want half your cookie.

So, two questions:

Do you think you aren't part of the problem?

So, two questions:

Holy crap, you appear to be going through old threads and humping my leg at a historic pace.

I really struck a nerve, huh?

Maybe you should just respond like an adult in that anthem thread and lay off the caffeine for a while.

So, two questions:

Holy crap, you appear to be going through old threads and humping my leg at a historic pace.

Maybe you should just respond like an adult in that anthem thread and lay off the caffeine for a while.
When someone like you tells me they voted for Hillary I go through your old threads to see if that's true.

It might be true. You said in 2011 you're an independent so I believe you now

So, two questions:

When someone like you tells me they voted for Hillary I go through your old threads to see if that's true.

It might be true. You said in 2011 you're an independent so I believe you now
Gee thanks. Calm down then.

Okay. So let's have what Germany has.

Liberal immigration policies. Most of that 20% are guestarbiters, or guest workers from Poland or Turkey

Universal Health Care. Which means that the cost of health care isn't added on to every product.

Strong unions- German unions not only are in every workplace, they have a major say on how the company is run.

Somehow, I don't think you'd be keen on that.

Again, Germany is the biggest advocate of the European Union, which is probably the biggest proponent of free trade in the world.

Yes, but you keep ignoring why we are divided, dummy. We are divided because rich white people keep telling you poor white people that the darkies want half your cookie.
/----/ Ahhhh geee first strawman argument of the day. How cute.

Forum List

Back