Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

What else is a firearm for, if not to kill people?
Killing vermin, mostly. Migod, it's a zoo around here.

For the second time, after 20 years, we've got raccoons that won't back off. They are coming right up to the back porch and standing up and staring me down when I open the door.

This is disconcerting. There is going to be trouble. Hopefully from us more than from them.

My argument is just fine. Why should I concede? I stated my beliefs about the NRA donating money to crooked politicians and about banning assault rifles.
I'm good. :)

It is irrelevant since it was the state and Federal government who screw up the Background check set up since they ignored repeated warnings of his many times expressed desire to shoot up a school.

Flopping Aces

The signs were there. They’re almost always there. No one was paying attention.​

Posted by DrJohn on 27 May, 2022

Excerpt:

Tucson. Parkland. Buffalo. Uvalde.

Jared Loughner. Nikolas Cruz. Peyton Gendron. Salvador Ramos.

Their stories are all the same.

They committed terrible crimes exacting unimaginable pain and loss. All were preventable had someone taken their job seriously.

Jared Loughner, who shot Gabby Giffords, was well known to Tucson police. He made numerous death threats. The cops were called to his house numerous times. He purchased a Glock after he made several death threats. They let him keep the weapon.

Nikolas Cruz posted “Im going to be a professional school shooter” on YouTube. The FBI was tipped off.

A person close to Cruz warned the FBI last month that he had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the FBI admitted on Friday. The agency failed to act on the tip.

The FBI was also warned about Cruz after he posted on YouTube saying he was going to become a “professional school shooter.” The agency said they couldn’t identify the user who made the threat, despite Cruz posting under his own name.

LINK for the rest

Again. It means unpersuaded. Because you aren’t persuasive. And if you’re not here to try to persuade, then it’s not clear why you post at all.
No one is ever persuaded. It's one of the top rules of the Internet.

The reason to post is self-expression. If you think you are going to persuade someone of something, you must not have been at it very long.

Killing vermin, mostly. Migod, it's a zoo around here.

For the second time, after 20 years, we've got raccoons that won't back off. They are coming right up to the back porch and standing up and staring me down when I open the door.

This is disconcerting. There is going to be trouble. Hopefully from us more than from them.
I understand about the raccoons. :)

The reason to post is self-expression. If you think you are going to persuade someone of something, you must not have been at it very long.
Kind of a superficial reply. Are you claiming that you’ve never been persuaded. Hell. I’m kind of stubborn. Yet even I have had reason to concede a valid point from another member’s rejoinder. (Not too often admittedly.) I don’t think I’m all that unique.

Again. It means unpersuaded. Because you aren’t persuasive. And if you’re not here to try to persuade, then it’s not clear why you post at all.
I post here to share my beliefs and thoughts on certain political issues.
Are you attempting to run me off? Am I not free to post here as other people do?

Last edited:
Jared Loughner. Nikolas Cruz. Peyton Gendron. Salvador Ramos.

Their stories are all the same.

Jared Loughner, who shot Gabby Giffords, was well known to Tucson police. He made numerous death threats. The cops were called to his house numerous times. He purchased a Glock after he made several death threats. They let him keep the weapon.

Nikolas Cruz posted “Im going to be a professional school shooter” on YouTube. The FBI was tipped off.

A person close to Cruz warned the FBI last month that he had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the FBI admitted on Friday. The agency failed to act on the tip.
Naaaaaaaah, he's wrong: their stories are not at all the same. Peyton Gendron and Salvador Ramos were so young they didn't have a history that warned anyone actionably.

The Cruz thing before the Parkville shooting WAS problematic; but I have been most interested in Jared Loughner. He was so insane that really, when arrested, he couldn't even talk plain. He had been crashing for months and his family simply didn't know what it was or what to do. That they let him keep a gun after all those visits by police and death threats ---- well, darn. Something very wrong there. Needs work.

I'd like to see boys not able to buy guns until at least age 21. By then, the society and family will usually know if he's gone crazy with schizophrenia and maybe somebody would have the sense to intervene before he does a Batman Killer performance. Boys would build up some history, either as sane members of society ----- or murderous whack jobs. Maybe some of these sprees would be prevented. Maybe.

I would think very few people are truly "persuaded" by something they see on a political message board. I like to share my thoughts.
It breaks my heart every time I hear about a school shooting. I had to say something. :-(

I post here to share my beliefs and thoughts on certain political issues.
Are you attempting to run me off? Am I not free to post here as other people do?
Run you off? Lol. Oh hells no. I’m just suggesting that if your aim is to just speak to yourself, you don’t need to waste your time doing that here. Your choice. But if you’re actually not just bent on talking to yourself, then it seems more likely to believe that you’d want to persuade the person you’re replying to (and others).

I’m not seeking to run you off, silly. I’m just calling a little bullshit on you.

Kind of a superficial reply. Are you claiming that you’ve never been persuaded. Hell. I’m kind of stubborn. Yet even I have had reason to concede a valid point from another member’s rejoinder. (Not too often admittedly.) I don’t think I’m all that unique.
Hey, BackAgain, I see that you're still yammering that I'm a vainglorious and tragically stupid tool who can't admit when he's wrong in your signature.

You forgot to mention the fact that your allegation stems from your mindless, pseudo-scientific notion that the laws of thermodynamics would necessarily obtain beyond the physical universe, that God, therefore, could not have created the universe and the laws of physics that govern it in the first place because . . . wait for it . . . the law of conservation would prohibit that.

:alcoholic:

You may have me on ignore, but everybody else will see the absurdity on which your allegation is predicated. I think I'll repost this under your posts from time to time.

Run you off? Lol. Oh hells no. I’m just suggesting that if your aim is to just speak to yourself, you don’t need to waste your time doing that here. Your choice. But if you’re actually not just bent on talking to yourself, then it seems more likely to believe that you’d want to persuade the person you’re replying to (and others).

I’m not seeking to run you off, silly. I’m just calling a little bullshit on you.
I'll waste my time the way I want to waste it, OK?
Thank you for your concern.

I’m happy for you. But if you know you’re wasting you’re time, dumpling, just keep in mind, there are alternatives. For example, you could at least TRY to make sense. 👍

You’re very welcome.
And you could at least post to someone who cares about your opinion. I don't care about your opinion of me. You would do well to stick to the topic of the thread and not worry about whether I "make sense" or not.
Have a nice day. Dumpling.

And you could at least post to someone who cares about your opinion. I don't care about your opinion of me. You would do well to stick to the topic of the thread and not worry about whether I "make sense" or not.
Have a nice day.
Why would anyone care about your opinions? You stupid pig dog? Even you don’t care enough to try to be persuasive. You fuckwit.

You seem not to be discussing the thread topic for some reason. Rattled you worthless twit?

Here, I’m a concerned conservative. So I’ll help you out. The thread topic was how to prevent mass shootings. The two sub-imbecile suggestions in the OP are obviously worthless. So, here’s a thought. Why not try to make sense? :dunno:

Why would anyone care about your opinions? You stupid pig dog? Even you don’t care enough to try to be persuasive. You fuckwit.

You seem not to be discussing the thread topic for some reason. Rattled you worthless twit?

Here, I’m a concerned conservative. So I’ll help you out. The thread topic was how to prevent mass shootings. The two sub-imbecile suggestions in the OP are obviously worthless. So, here’s a thought. Why not try to make sense? :dunno:
When a poster resorts to profanity and childish insults, that means they have LOST the debate.
I'll put you on IGNORE now. I don't have time for stupidity.

When a poster resorts to profanity and childish insults, that means they have LOST the debate.
I'll put you on IGNORE now. I don't have time for stupidity.
I couldn’t possibly care less. For, with or without spicy language, you lose all your “arguments” because you lack any skills in logic and have no appreciation for facts or truth. Now, gfy. :fu:

Lol.

Last edited:
What else is a firearm for, if not to kill people? There is nothing I need to demonstrate. People have taken the 2nd Amendment and twisted it to mean what they want it to mean.
Sad but true.
1usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpeg

Forum List

Back