U.S.A. - We're #1!!!!...in mass shootings.

2a-guns-nra-goa-schindlers-list.png
Yeah, not even close to true.
That poster has more honesty in it than the manipulated statistics of the OP.

The poster is a lie, of course:

"The 1938 law signed by Hitler that LaPierre mentions in his book basically does the opposite of what he says it did. “The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition,” Harcourt wrote. Meanwhile, many more categories of people, including Nazi party members, were exempted from gun ownership regulations altogether, while the legal age of purchase was lowered from 20 to 18, and permit lengths were extended from one year to three years."

The Hitler gun control lie

The poster is a lie, of course:
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/
"The 1938 law signed by Hitler that LaPierre mentions in his book basically does the opposite of what he says it did. “The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition,” Harcourt wrote. Meanwhile, many more categories of people, including Nazi party members, were exempted from gun ownership regulations altogether, while the legal age of purchase was lowered from 20 to 18, and permit lengths were extended from one year to three years."

The Hitler gun control lie
And yet, guns were confiscated from the ordinary citizen and of course, from the joos.....those are historic facts.....

Which means that the only people carrying guns in Germany during the Naz' reign, were people in positions of authority. The perfect condition for gun grabbers the world over.

But we are near dead last in terrorism, human rights violations, political violence, forced female circumcisions, state executions, hunger, Imprisonment and torture of political dissidents, and coup d'etes.

My advice to the OP is to pack your shit and move to Russia or China, where you will not have to worry over mass shootings any more.

The United States Has Had More Mass Shootings Than Any Other Country

Go USA!!

Nearly one-third of the world's mass shootings have occurred in the United States, a new study finds. Adam Lankford, an associate professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama, has released the first quantitative analysis of public mass shootings around the world between 1966 through 2012. Unsurprisingly, the United States came out on top—essentially in a league of its own.

graybubble.jpg

gun_gray.jpg

gray-80.jpg

It's a small price to pay for our second amendment rights

Who cares if a few people get killed?

Tell that to the Norwegians. They live in a gun free country and got to enjoy a mass shooting larger than the top 5 of ours combined. GO NORWAY!
Interesting point

Thanks for posting
Translation: That eviscerates my point but I wont be swayed by facts or logic.

Go USA!!

Nearly one-third of the world's mass shootings have occurred in the United States, a new study finds. Adam Lankford, an associate professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama, has released the first quantitative analysis of public mass shootings around the world between 1966 through 2012. Unsurprisingly, the United States came out on top—essentially in a league of its own.

graybubble.jpg

gun_gray.jpg

gray-80.jpg

Tell that to the Norwegians. They live in a gun free country and got to enjoy a mass shooting larger than the top 5 of ours combined. GO NORWAY!
Interesting point

Thanks for posting
Westwall makes very interesting posts

I am proud he is a member of this board

Go USA!!

graybubble.jpg

gun_gray.jpg

gray-80.jpg

Okay....let's look at truth and reality....

How many people are killed in mass shootings in the U.S. each year...less than 100.

Mass Shootings Are Responsible For Less Than 100 Out of 12,000 Annual Homicides in the US

How many people are in the United States.....over 320 million.

So....less than 100 people are killed by criminals who enter gun free zones each year and break the law.

in 2012....88 people.....out of a country of over 320 million.

In 2012, there were either 81 or 88 murdered in mass shootings, depending on your source. Less than 100 no matter, which source, is used. So if we assume high at 100 homicides from mass murder and assume low at 12,000 annual homicides that means that mass murders account for 0.0083 of all homicides, or a fraction of 1%.

How many crimes are stopped with guns each year......on average...2 million.

What exactly is the problem again?

How would these stats look if we took out gun free zones?

It wouldn't change a thing. Mass killings only make up a very small percentage of the total deaths due to guns. Gun rights supporters always use the idea that if we take away guns from everyone, only the criminals will have guns. Actually, if we took all guns away from everyone, it would be very difficult for criminals to get their hands on them. That has been the case in Australia. The flip side is that by allowing Americans their right to own guns, we make it possible for everyone we don't want having a gun to get one, so now we need guns to protect ourselves.

Actually, the criminals in Australia get guns easily when they want or need them, and they are begginning to use them more often..........

Go USA!!

graybubble.jpg

gun_gray.jpg

gray-80.jpg

Interesting point

Thanks for posting

Translation: Westwall has eaten my lunch. I am an obvious failure.

Number of people killed in mass shootings in U.S.....2012......

accidental gun deaths.....2013....

505 (way down as more people own and carry guns)

other deaths in this country...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39
Total: 72 ( in a country of 320 million people)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up....

Intentional gun murder for 2013, 8,454.........

From the "Mother Jones" investigation into mass shootings.....

number of deaths from mass shootings in 2013......... 36.

Out of a country of over 320 million people...

Keeping in mind, more people own guns and carry them than ever before....12.8 million people carry guns for self defense..........

36 people according to Mother Jones....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

From the Mother jones link....

How many deaths from mass shooters in 2014.....?

In a country of over 320 million people.....

I double checked the Mother Jones data set for 2014......

How many people died in mass shootings in 2014?

In a country of over 320 million people, and over 320 million guns in private hands............

How many people died from falling?

Interesting point

Thanks for posting

Translation: Westwall has eaten my lunch. I am an obvious failure.
I would be proud to share my lunch with a poster the quality of Westwall

Forum List

Back