U.S. employees set to be forced to give bosses their Facebook PASSWORDS

what you post on facebook you shouldn't expect any rights of privacy, but your personal information yes you should expect that too remain private.

Your head hurting after that garbled post? Should be.

No my head is fine what butt hurt caused you too not comprehend what I said.
I tell you what, I really don't give a fuck if a stupid person cannot comprehends what I say.

Last edited:
So the cons here defending this are taking the "no one cares" approach to law. It doesn't matter that your boss can request your FB password and you can be fired for not giving it up because the right has made a stunning argument that those requests won't ever ever happen because....*drumroll*...bosses don't care.

That's the solution to everything...don't do nothing. Who needs protections? Well the tech companies do but that's THEM. They deserve it. But the people don't need no stinking protections.

I looked at the bill the House has passed a year ago.

I don't see the provision that says that a boss can demand your Facebook password.

Maybe it's there. I dunno.

Could someone quote it and link it. The damn bill is kinda long and written by someone using butt-typing evidently. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr3523eh/pdf/BILLS-112hr3523eh.pdf

In any event, why would we comply with such a boss's demand?

Hypothetical boss: "I WANT YOUR FACEBOOK PASSWORD, Ilar!"

Me in reply: "Uhm boss? Go Fuck yourself. I mean that in only the most respectful way, of course."

Unless there is a law prohibiting the practice, it is legal. Got it?

Read that again. Unless there is a law prohibiting the practice, it is legal.

Ilar in reply: "Uhm boss? Go Fuck yourself. I mean that in only the most respectful way, of course."

Hypothetical boss: "You are fired, Ilar!"

Ilar in reply: "WAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Citing "no controlling legal authority"....Interesting.
My boss: : I want your facebook password"...
Me: "ok"...
That evening, I shut the fuckin thing down and open a new account under another name...
Case closed.

Only six states have passed laws making it illegal for an employer to ask for Facebook passwords.

There is no federal law banning this practice.

Until this week, it was perfectly legal for a company or university in California or Illinois to request the Facebook password of a prospective employee.

Now, thanks to state legislation that went into effect at the start of 2013, California and Illinois have joined four other U.S. states, including Delaware, Maryland, Michigan and New Jersey, to make the practice illegal, reported Wired.

The law doesn’t prevent employers from looking at what potential hires or employees publicly post to social-media accounts. And if you happen to live in the other 44 states, it’s up to you to risk losing out on a job by refusing the request.

Can a prospective employer ask for your Facebook password? | SmartPlanet

Tell them you don't have a facebook page.

Will people really cough up this kind of info just because their employer asks? Are we that pathetic?

I sometimes wonder if proposals for these kinds of laws aren't bandied about to reinforce the notion that we are powerless sheep, subject to the whim of our employers unless protected from them by the state.

Who th hell does Facebook? FB is the bane of the modern ninny's existence.

Unfortunately, social media is creeping into the business world like a bad smell from a distant pig farm.
Businesses are having to spend time updating their facebook, linkdin and twitter pages just to attract people to their business.
This is evident with in home service businesses. Such as maid or carpet cleaning services. It's no longer sufficient to just have a website or catchy company name.
I have a facebook page but I rarely visit it. I look at it maybe once or twice a week just to see what others are up to.
Most of the crap on there is mundane nonsense such as "Joe Blow is at Shitbox Mall in LA LA land...Or "Jane Hosebag is at La Coiffure getting her hair done"...
Who fucking cares....Or these people who have to tell their many thousands of alleged 'friends" how great their little Johnny Leads the Coach Pitch League in RBI's and Slugging Percentage. Unreal...Oh and GOD FORBID a person "unfriends" some one on FB...Holy Shit!!! You would think their world just crumbled into cinders. A couple years ago, a woman in Texas unfriended another idiot bitch. The offended individual was later arrested for attempted murder. Yeah. She tried to kill the other woman because she unfriended her. WTF?!!!!!!!
Another annoyance...Twitter.....I looked it over. It's a place for people to post these stupid little snippets. So what.....People in their narcissism collect twitter followers like frequent flyers accumulate miles. "I have more twitter followers( meant more people like me) than you...The voyeuristic nature of you typical People Magazine reader obsessed with the pee pee schedule of Kim "Fat ass" Kardashian, pine over every twitter post of this useless wench....UGH!!!!

I looked at the bill the House has passed a year ago.

I don't see the provision that says that a boss can demand your Facebook password.

Maybe it's there. I dunno.

Could someone quote it and link it. The damn bill is kinda long and written by someone using butt-typing evidently. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr3523eh/pdf/BILLS-112hr3523eh.pdf

In any event, why would we comply with such a boss's demand?

Me in reply: "Uhm boss? Go Fuck yourself. I mean that in only the most respectful way, of course."

Ilar in reply: "Uhm boss? Go Fuck yourself. I mean that in only the most respectful way, of course."

Hypothetical boss: "You are fired, Ilar!"

Ilar in reply: "WAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Citing "no controlling legal authority"....Interesting.
My boss: : I want your facebook password"...
Me: "ok"...
That evening, I shut the fuckin thing down and open a new account under another name...
Case closed.

or just say you don't have one.

So why didn't you put a provision in that they can't demand the combination to your gym locker in the bill?

Huh? If there isn't a law against it, your boss is going to steal your wallet while you do paladies. (Cause fuck know you ain't pumping iron, creampuff.)

Well gawdamn sparky, HR will be coming to get the code to open your gun safe at any moment. There is no law prohibiting it - so it must be happening.

Fucking leftist - stupidest creatures on the planet.

I was wondering when some one would get to "Mr No Controlling Legal Authority.
According to the 'gargoyle' we are not quite over legislated to suit his taste.

I sometimes wonder if proposals for these kinds of laws aren't bandied about to reinforce the notion that we are powerless sheep, subject to the whim of our employers unless protected from them by the state.

Here's an idea get a trade and work for cash

I do not defend this at all, but I've been telling young people to be very careful what they post on Facebook, it can and will come back to bite them later.

Best advice.....Post nothing on facebook you would not say in polite company..Or around people whom you do not know.
We live in a gotcha world...A world where everyone views them self as some kind of self proclaimed sleuth. As though every little thing they hear or read is BIG NEWS and THEY have an undying need to be the first to report it to the world....

Funny how this was passed by the House last week, when everyone was busy looking elsewhere. Right under our noses. 2 shithead Chechens gave Congress the shiny object they needed to distract the American people long enough to pass this disgusting unconstitutional piece of legislation.

Pro-CISPA Companies Out-Lobby Anti-CISPA Groups

Supporters of the controversial cyber-security legislation CISPA have already spent $605 million to lobby for the bill's passage, according to a watchdog group.

That's the amount supporters of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) spent from 2011 to the fall of 2012, according to non-partisan research group MapLight. While the bill languished last summer, CISPA was re-introduced in nearly the same form this February and resoundingly passed the House of Representatives in a 288-127 vote last week.

According to MapLight's figures, AT&T has already spent $34 million, Comcast nearly $32 million, and Verizon over $27 million as part of its lobbying efforts. These three companies are on the record supporting CISPA. Interest groups supporting CISPA have donated nearly $68 million to members of the House, compared to $4 million by CISPA opponents. Among the key tech companies actively opposing the bill, Mozilla has contributed $2,000, according to MapLight.

money in politics is a good thing?

How much does the government spend every year?
That's why there is money in politics.
Limit the government to its enumerated powers, the money in politics would drop like a rock.
At least one state does that. And guess what, in addition to having the least money to spend it also has zero debt. That is because the people of the state refuse to re-elect politicians who even mention raising taxes. They're out sometimes before the next election.

:)

Forum List

Back