U.S. Fencer Kneels During Anthem, Trashes America at Pan Am Games in Peru

Another little douchebag that needs to be deported to Venezuela..... don't like it here...get the fuck out!

He's also a fashion model, btw. Looks like an epic douche to me.

88d12228745bee61608512dbf832ab26.jpg

American fencer Race Imboden deserves induction into the "Hall of Shame" for kneeling on the victory stand at the Pan American Games and dishonoring his country on social media Friday. The Democratic Underground certainly loves his tweet blaming a "hateful" President for his pathetic protest, and Bleacher Report gave him a platform for encouraging other athletes to disrespect the U.S. flag.

Along with teammates Gerek Meinhardt and Nick Itkin, Imboden helped the USA defeat Brazil, 45-23 in the team foil gold-medal match. Meinhardt and Itkin were the real heroes of the day Friday ― for standing, for representing the United States with dignity and for respecting all who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today.

Shamefully, Imboden proudly posted a photo of his despicable act on Twitter along with a sorry explanation:

"We must call for change. This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,

"and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list. I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change."

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
The Democrat Bigots who run the Public Schools, Hollywood and the Press have brainwashed millions of young American into being anti-American bigots.
A nation that hates itself will no last very long.

Someone exercising his right to free speech?

How awful.

Why do you hate the Constitution?
well you can freely say you hate America, then why stay here if you HATE it????!!!!
stupid
We fought a revolution to break away from a country that would not tolerate criticism. Looks like we've got Tories back in charge.

Wow...

So many triggered by someone no one has ever heard of competing in an event most people didn't know was taking place...

It's nice that you all have a place to freely express your opinions and exercise your right to free speech.

It's a shame you don't want to extend that right to people who don't share your opinions...

When your representing your country, you don’t disrespect it. If he feels that way then don’t compete. If your representing the red, white and blue, you do it with pride and dignity. I would love for home to go to a football, baseball or hockey game and kneel during the national anthem. He will be having a stay in the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we are going to set a standard for what is acceptable for representing the red, white and blue.......let's start at the top.

Wow...

So many triggered by someone no one has ever heard of competing in an event most people didn't know was taking place...

It's nice that you all have a place to freely express your opinions and exercise your right to free speech.

It's a shame you don't want to extend that right to people who don't share your opinions...

When your representing your country, you don’t disrespect it. If he feels that way then don’t compete. If your representing the red, white and blue, you do it with pride and dignity. I would love for home to go to a football, baseball or hockey game and kneel during the national anthem. He will be having a stay in the hospital.

If we are going to set a standard for what is acceptable for representing the red, white and blue.......let's start at the top.
That would eliminate all the democrat candidates.

Wow...

That would eliminate all the democrat candidates.

I won't argue with that. I'll only add that it would eliminate many leaders in our government. But the tone is set at the top. At least that's what the standard used to be..........

How awful.

The beauty is that I do not watch much of any of that Olympic crap anymore. 40 minutes of commercials an hour with the other 20 minutes divided into talking about the competitor's upbringing and ten minutes of action had reached its zenith. We need to return to the military draft. I hate saying that.

We fought a revolution to break away from a country that would not tolerate criticism. Looks like we've got Tories back in charge.
There are proper places to make political statements. International sporting events are not one of them.

Criticize all you want on your own time. As a sponsored US athlete you are sent to these games to compete...not complain.But look who hasn't figured that out....you!

There are proper places to make political statements. International sporting events are not one of them.

Criticize all you want on your own time. As a sponsored US athlete you are sent to these games to compete...not complain.But look who hasn't figured that out....you!
Or else it’s to the gulag with you!!!!

Another little douchebag that needs to be deported to Venezuela..... don't like it here...get the fuck out!

American fencer Race Imboden deserves induction into the "Hall of Shame" for kneeling on the victory stand at the Pan American Games and dishonoring his country on social media Friday. The Democratic Underground certainly loves his tweet blaming a "hateful" President for his pathetic protest, and Bleacher Report gave him a platform for encouraging other athletes to disrespect the U.S. flag.

Along with teammates Gerek Meinhardt and Nick Itkin, Imboden helped the USA defeat Brazil, 45-23 in the team foil gold-medal match. Meinhardt and Itkin were the real heroes of the day Friday ― for standing, for representing the United States with dignity and for respecting all who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today.

Shamefully, Imboden proudly posted a photo of his despicable act on Twitter along with a sorry explanation:

"We must call for change. This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,

"and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list. I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change."

The only reason why he is doing this. He wants to put fencing on the map. I didn't know that the U.S. has a fencing team. And so everyone should just ignore it. So that it will go away.These are just publicity stunts.

I hope he dies in pain and fear, and the sooner the better.

He needs to be removed fron the fencing team. Anyone representing a brand is removed from their position if they disrespect the brand.

How awful.

He's exercising his constitutional rights. Are you just too stupid to know that or what?

Wtf happed to man to man fist fights!? Are they over!?
We used to challenge people like this to a honest fight. We would kick there ass and the liberals would go in to hiding..

What happen!
who is we?...
It’s American culture.. I won’t except you to understand
oh you mean gang culture,hence,WE kicked their asses....i guess were you live that might be American culture,not were the rest of us live...

We used to challenge people like this to a honest fight. We would kick there ass and the liberals would go in to hiding..

What happen!
who is we?...
oh you mean gang culture,hence,WE kicked their asses....i guess were you live that might be American culture,not were the rest of us live...
Do you know the difference between an individual and a gang?

What happen!
who is we?...
Do you know the difference between an individual and a gang?
yes....now my turn.... do you know the difference between I kicked their asses and WE kicked their asses?...

Forum List

Back