🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S. Is Broke, Can't Afford to Raise the Debt Ceiling

because being reelected is more important than doing the work they were sent to DC to do. They are scared shitless that if they make the hard decisions they will lose some votes by pissing some off some of their constituents.

TERM LIMITS, TERM LIMITS, TERM LIMITS the only thing will do anything to fix the mess.

While I won't challenge your (somewhat odd) belief that everyone is pure and noble when they're guaranteed to need a job in a year or two and temporarily have the power to endear themselves to folks with the influence to secure quite comfortable accommodations for them when that day comes, I have to ask: can you think of no downsides to stripping elected officials of any accountability to the constituents they serve?

recall and impeachment are available if an elected official is not accountable to his constituents. are you claiming that reelection makes them accountable?

because being reelected is more important than doing the work they were sent to DC to do. They are scared shitless that if they make the hard decisions they will lose some votes by pissing some off some of their constituents.

TERM LIMITS, TERM LIMITS, TERM LIMITS the only thing will do anything to fix the mess.

While I won't challenge your (somewhat odd) belief that everyone is pure and noble when they're guaranteed to need a job in a year or two and temporarily have the power to endear themselves to folks with the influence to secure quite comfortable accommodations for them when that day comes, I have to ask: can you think of no downsides to stripping elected officials of any accountability to the constituents they serve?

I have no delusions about the nature of human beings, but limiting their time in power would limit the amounts they could steal from us.

recall and impeachment are available if an elected official is not accountable to his constituents. are you claiming that reelection makes them accountable?

You cannot recall a member of Congress. The only way they leave early is if they die, retire, or are expelled by their chamber (via a 2/3 vote). None of which has much to do with their constituents.

Yes, re-elections are the only time that incumbents are held accountable for their actions by their constituents and thus serve, at least to some extent, to ground them in the preferences of their districts. You just said so yourself.

You said:
They are scared shitless that if they make the hard decisions they will lose some votes by pissing some off some of their constituents.

Now my point on this issue.

Do NOT INCREASE THE DEBT CEILING.........................

INSTANT BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT................

The Budget per month now is roughly 200 BILLION IN REVENUES.

Cost to operate the Fed and pay the Interest is around 300 BILLION A MONTH.

Leaving a Gap per month of around a 100 Billion a Month.......................

Time for a Reality check.......................

Cuts and taxes to END THE GAP. Nationwide.

It's unrealistic to cut the Fed by 33% as it is unrealistic to increase taxes by 33%.

Time for a compromise and END THIS BS.

Time to stop kicking the can down the road for our children.

SHUT IT DOWN.

The monthly gap is now $40-$50 billion a month, not $100 billion.

I'm adding the Interest on the Debt payment to the equation.

Which is now roughly 50 Billion a month.

Which is another matter if we want to talk about Deficit versus debt.

BTW

The Treasury has been COOKING THE BOOKS SINCE JULY to put this off.

WHY?

The Gov't solution is again for a temporary fix, INSTEAD OF A YEAR.

WHY?

If you vote for this bill, we will have a nice job waiting for you when your TERM LIMIT is up

Forum List

Back