U.S. Press Freedom Plunges To 46th, Behind Former Soviet States...

Read the part that talks about the Obama Administration suing more Whistleblowers than any other Administration in History.

Russia has another way of dealing with "Whistleblowers" and wayward Press.

They use bullets.

It's amazing that any study that puts a country like that above the US is taken seriously.

Actually they didn't put Russia ahead of us even the map shows you that much. Maybe the real situation is that people don't pay attention? :eusa_whistle:

Obamabots only express programmed automated defense responses. I'm pretty sure most didn't bother to read or look at the link.

Well, one goal in the communist manifesto was to take over the press..another take over the schools, etc etc

where do you think we are now with Obama's election

What place we're in depends a lot on how the freedom score is defined and weighted. We're lost noticeable amounts of freedom since 9/11 and censorship is worse than before in my own lifetime, but in some ways the censorship is actually positive as there are many things we simply don't need to see except to appeal to a sick and twisted mind. Consequently, while it's fair and true we're not as free as we once were, that's actually not a bad thing because what we've lost is usually stuff we didn't need in the first place and wasn't do anything positive for us.

Absolute freedom is anarchy and lawlessness.

That's very sad. Losing more of our Freedom & Liberty is not 'positive.' Our Government is secretive, dishonest, and dangerous. And no one should be celebrating that as a 'positive.' They should be doing the exact opposite. They should be fighting to change that.

Last edited:
What truly is distressing is that the American press aside from being under pressure from the Obama Administration are under pressure from their own employers.

Think about the number of CEO's who have siblings working in the Administration such as the Presidents of CBS and ABC (both siblings involved deeply in Benghazi).

Honestly if you were employed by either CBS or ABC as a journalist are you going to report the truth about Benghazi and lose your job?

So reporters in the media aren't just being squeezed by the administration but by their employers as well.

In other words, they're screwed every which way but loose.

I would agree with the assessment. And Sallow, it didn't say Russia was better...it shows Russia is worse.
The freedom of the press has certainly taken some hits by this administration. Investigations including email infiltration etc. without a warrant.
I don't give a damn which side you are on - this is fundamentally unacceptable.

We're 46!!!?!!!!1!!!!!

How Hopey Changey is that?

What truly is distressing is that the American press aside from being under pressure from the Obama Administration are under pressure from their own employers.

Think about the number of CEO's who have siblings working in the Administration such as the Presidents of CBS and ABC (both siblings involved deeply in Benghazi).

Honestly if you were employed by either CBS or ABC as a journalist are you going to report the truth about Benghazi and lose your job?

So reporters in the media aren't just being squeezed by the administration but by their employers as well.

In other words, they're screwed every which way but loose.

Good points. Yeah, it's just flat-out dangerous to criticize this Administration. I mean people should have gotten a clue back when he named GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt as his 'Jobs Czar.' GE owned NBC. And guess who in the MSM is this Administration's biggest cheerleader? You guessed it...NBC. And then there's all the insane Tax-Breaks Obama got for em. The MSM's close relationship with the Government is very disturbing. It's wrong.

Last edited:
I would agree with the assessment. And Sallow, it didn't say Russia was better...it shows Russia is worse.
The freedom of the press has certainly taken some hits by this administration. Investigations including email infiltration etc. without a warrant.
I don't give a damn which side you are on - this is fundamentally unacceptable.

:clap2:

Last edited:
Well the top countries on that list allow media piracy. Which, btw I'm totally okay with :thup:

And then you have the U.S. which criminalizes all kinds of internet activity and has Fox News as its #1 news channel.

So I can't say I'm surprised :cool:

6187.jpg

Ben Bagdikian - Author | Journalist | Media Critic

It will only get worse.

Meet the FCC Commissioner Who?s Blowing the Whistle on His Own Agency?s Planned Study of Newsrooms | Video | TheBlaze.com

Ajit Pai, commissioner of the FCC, has said that his agency has been ordered by the government to infiltrate newsrooms around the country and gather data about why the media chooses the stories they do. He is blowing the whistle because he cites his concerns over potential First Amendment violations that might ensue.

Nice knowing you Ajit. Obama will have you for lunch.

Last edited:
You call what Snowden and Manning did "freedom of the press". :eusa_eh:

Yes, they have the freedom to leave the country and run for their lives. :clap2:

Liberals have ushered in an era in American history that is very dark to say the least.

Then again, being a leftist mandates that they promote tyranny. It's what they believe in.

Last edited:
What place we're in depends a lot on how the freedom score is defined and weighted. We're lost noticeable amounts of freedom since 9/11 and censorship is worse than before in my own lifetime, but in some ways the censorship is actually positive as there are many things we simply don't need to see except to appeal to a sick and twisted mind. Consequently, while it's fair and true we're not as free as we once were, that's actually not a bad thing because what we've lost is usually stuff we didn't need in the first place and wasn't do anything positive for us.

Who makes the subjective decision on "stuff we didn't need in the first place and wasn't do anything positive for us?" Censorship can never be Positive.

Who makes the subjective decision on "stuff we didn't need in the first place and wasn't do anything positive for us?" Censorship can never be Positive.

Not true. It is a positive for those who seek power or hold power.

It will only get worse.

Meet the FCC Commissioner Who?s Blowing the Whistle on His Own Agency?s Planned Study of Newsrooms | Video | TheBlaze.com

Ajit Pai, commissioner of the FCC, has said that his agency has been ordered by the government to infiltrate newsrooms around the country and gather data about why the media chooses the stories they do. He is blowing the whistle because he cites his concerns over potential First Amendment violations that might ensue.

Nice knowing you Ajit. Obama will have you for lunch.

Very disturbing development. Not surprising though. It's to be expected in this rapidly expanding Police State.

Forum List

Back